PDA

View Full Version : The NBA is peak stacked this year

StrongLurk
10-28-2016, 11:25 PM
So many elite players this year it's ridiculous. Imagine if a lot of these players were the single stars on their own teams similar to the 90's/early 2000's? The stats would be even more crazy.

ISHGoat
10-28-2016, 11:27 PM
So many elite players this year it's ridiculous. Imagine if a lot of these players were the single stars on their own teams similar to the 90's/early 2000's? The stats would be even more crazy.

Yeah this year is super fking exciting.

Imagine if these players didnt give a shit about playing the right way. We'd see some wilt 50ppg or kobesque shit.

NBAGOAT
10-29-2016, 12:37 AM
I agree. Also, the one good thing about lack of parity is there are going be a lot of stars who are going have to carry hard . Guys like Westbrook, Harden, Davis and Cousins and to a lesser extent Kawhi and Paul George are going put up huge numbers this year because they don't have great help on offense.

tmacattack33
10-29-2016, 12:49 AM

You mean LATE 90's?

Because the mid 90's was the era of the dynamic duos:

MJ/Pippen
Shaq/Penny
Malone/Stockton
Kemp/Payton
Hardaway/Mourning

Young X
10-29-2016, 12:53 AM
The year 1990 was the most talented year ever. Go back and look at what those guys were doing. I could go over the list but it's too many players.

But yeah, the individual talent has been crazy so far.

Bankaii
10-29-2016, 12:59 AM
I agree. Also, the one good thing about lack of parity is there are going be a lot of stars who are going have to carry hard . Guys like Westbrook, Harden, Davis and Cousins and to a lesser extent Kawhi and Paul George are going put up huge numbers this year because they don't have great help on offense.
What? Kawhi is in an offensive system that makes him look as good as he does.
On top of that he has a top 15 player by his side and loads of talent around him.

NBAGOAT
10-29-2016, 01:06 AM
What? Kawhi is in an offensive system that makes him look as good as he does.
On top of that he has a top 15 player by his side and loads of talent around him.

I get what you're saying but he's always had a nice iso and post game and he looks great so far this year. Saw a gif on reddit where he pulled off a move that was vintage Kobe. Also the Spurs have kind of gone back to a slow it down, post up, and take a lot of midrange shots type offense when their starters are in. I really don't expect Gasol/Parker to be much more than role players this year so Kawhi/LMA will have to be really productive.