PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Dead or Alive

SamuraiSWISH
10-29-2016, 12:49 PM
On the basketball earth right now, ranked purely off the firsts few games so no need for panties in a twist, but is this the consensus?

1) Anthony Davis
2) Kawhi Leonard
3) Russell Westbrook
4) LeBron James
5) James Harden

Who is the top FIF in your mind?

Side note crazy to think Team USA had one of these guys on the squad this past summer.

keep-itreal
10-29-2016, 12:50 PM
Steph Curry
Kawhi
Lebron
Kevin Durant

SamuraiSWISH
10-29-2016, 12:51 PM
I don't see how KD and Curry outrank Westbrook and Harden right now.

FKAri
10-29-2016, 12:55 PM
LeCoast should be #1. Unless you mean over the course of a season, then I agree. I don't think he can maintain his highest level of play over a whole season at this point in his career.

If Harden could maintain his production while playing good defense I'd put him over Westbrook but I don't think he can.

ArbitraryWater
10-29-2016, 02:27 PM
1) Anthony Davis
2) Kawhi Leonard
3) LeBron James
4) Kevin Durant
5) Stephen Curry
6) Russell Westbrook
7) James Harden
8) Blake Griffin
9) DeMarcous Cousins

Fcking stacked...

I think we're forgetting how dominant Blake can be. What he did in '14 without Paul, in the '15 playoffs, '16 before his injury... and still, if he goes back to that, he might only make it to #6.

Bron might just turn the tables in the playoffs once more, but let's see.

BTW, Irving probably comes next, no? :confusedshrug: I guess George does but he's pretty shit come February.

Smoke117
10-29-2016, 02:39 PM
My only problem with AD is the comparisons to garnett...he's not even close to the defensive player KG was. It seems like a lot of people forget because it's been so long since the Twolves days, but Kevin Garnett is also one of the greatest passing and playmaking PF's too. Davis hasn't shown he's anywhere close to KG in this regard.

J Shuttlesworth
10-29-2016, 02:42 PM
My only problem with AD is the comparisons to garnett...he's not even close to the defensive player KG was.
I think the comparison comes more from the fact that they are elite bigs who are dominant but don't have a sufficient enough supporting cast to be a relevant team (obviously referring to Minnesota KG)

FatComputerNerd
10-29-2016, 06:24 PM
Kyrie

SamuraiSWISH
10-29-2016, 06:29 PM
My only problem with AD is the comparisons to garnett...he's not even close to the defensive player KG was.
Probably, I was over hyping AD's defensive abilities in comparison to an all time great like Garnett.

Unit row is a great shot blocker, team defender, rotation guy. He can elevate his team by his mere presence like an great defensive big in that regard.

KG is way better on ball.

But if the difference is there defensively, there is a similar disparity in Davis favor offensively compared to Garnett.

AD also has a lot of time and room to improve. He's only 23. That should scare the league. And he's versatile, athletic, and quick enough to play different types of ball. He's the perfect big for this era of multi versatile positioning and small ball.

Unlike say Cousins who can at times be exploited.

Smoke117
10-29-2016, 06:32 PM
Probably, I was over hyping AD's defensive abilities in comparison to an all time great like Garnett.

Unit row is a great shot blocker, team defender, rotation guy. He can elevate his team by his mere presence like an great defensive big in that regard.

KG is way better on ball.

But if the difference is there defensively, there is a similar disparity in Davis favor offensively compared to Garnett.

AD also has a lot of time and room to improve. He's only 23. That should scare the league. And he's versatile, athletic, and quick enough to play different types of ball. He's the perfect big for this era of multi versatile positioning and small ball.

Unlike say Cousins who can at times be exploited.

Kevin Garnett was an anchor...a guy who could carry a defense...Davis isn't. While Davis may be better as a scorer he's clearly inferior as a playmaker/passer. Besides, Garnett was a legit first option player himself in his day...he was the first option on the championship celtics. Most of Garnett's best years were also behind him by the time the rule changes came along that made it easier to score.

SamuraiSWISH
10-29-2016, 06:37 PM
Davis is a better offensive player. And it's blatantly obvious.