PDA

View Full Version : Gobert signing a 100mil extension with Jazz

Hey Yo
10-31-2016, 04:53 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 16 minutes ago
Rudy Gobert is finalizing a four-year, $100M-plus contract extension with the Utah Jazz, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2016, 05:22 PM
I think they could end up regretting not giving him 5 years. The Jazz go as Rudy goes.

ScalsFan21
10-31-2016, 05:45 PM
I think they could end up regretting not giving him 5 years. The Jazz go as Rudy goes.

Still a great deal for them, with guys like Steven Adams getting paid the same amount. Adams is a good player but Rudy is as good a rim protector as the game has today. Utah and Minny are going to be absolute forces in short order.

miggyme1
10-31-2016, 07:19 PM
Still a great deal for them, with guys like Steven Adams getting paid the same amount. Adams is a good player but Rudy is as good a rim protector as the game has today. Utah and Minny are going to be absolute forces in short order.

Utah has "supposed" to been a force for the last 4 years now...every year they always seem to disappoint. jazz are slaw and wont achieve anyting until they hire jerry sloan back.

imdaman99
10-31-2016, 07:29 PM
Doesn't the guy miss like 20-30 games every year?

FireDavidKahn
10-31-2016, 07:32 PM
Rudy is worth every penny of this deal.

HenryGarfunkle
10-31-2016, 07:34 PM
Gobert sucks.

ScalsFan21
10-31-2016, 07:39 PM
Utah has "supposed" to been a force for the last 4 years now...every year they always seem to disappoint. jazz are slaw and wont achieve anyting until they hire jerry sloan back.

This is the year they finally make the playoffs at least. 6th or 7th seed if they get (and stay) healthy. They have one of the best starting units and a deep bench. Great defensively too. They aren't going to contend for a title but then again neither are 27 or so other teams.

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2016, 07:52 PM

They have been tanking. Not sure who expected them to be a force? :confusedshrug:

They still act like they are tanking now. Jerry has dementia. :facepalm

Doesn't the guy miss like 20-30 games every year?

He was hurt last year. Been healthy otherwise.

miggyme1
10-31-2016, 08:10 PM
They have been tanking. Not sure who expected them to be a force? :confusedshrug:

They still act like they are tanking now. Jerry has dementia. :facepalm

He was hurt last year. Been healthy otherwise.

the jazz tanked last year???:facepalm :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2016, 08:20 PM
the jazz tanked last year???:facepalm :facepalm

As far as I'm concerned not putting together the best roster you can or playing your best players is tanking. They could have signed a veteran pg and got rid of Burke. They didn't. They could have played Withey instead of Lyles and they didn't. Until they got Mack they didn't act like they were trying to win and by then it was too late.

Only reason I thought they would try this year is because Hayward can opt out. But they are still playing Exum and Lyles despite the fact that they look like they need some time in the D-league. :rant

Artillery
10-31-2016, 08:27 PM

They're in the same position as the Nuggets. They have some nice complimentary pieces but no true star or first option. Not bad enough to get a high lotto pick but not good enough to be a serious playoff team.

warriorfan
10-31-2016, 08:30 PM
They're in the same position as the Nuggets. They have some nice complimentary pieces but no true star or first option. Not bad enough to get a high lotto pick but not good enough to be a serious playoff team.
NBA purgatory, not a great place to be

miggyme1
10-31-2016, 08:35 PM
I never understood how a city in Utah got a bball team in the first place.lol....like really??? let this sink in....the last great draft pick the jazz made was in 2005.........deron Williams.smh...sad

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2016, 08:53 PM
I never understood how a city in Utah got a bball team in the first place.lol....like really??? let this sink in....the last great draft pick the jazz made was in 2005.........deron Williams.smh...sad

Rudy at 27th was a great pick! :bowdown:

Artillery
10-31-2016, 09:03 PM

Yup, if Jazz didn't take him you can be damn sure San Antonio would have grabbed him up with the 28th pick. Gobert would have been their permanent replacement for Duncan as far as rim protection goes if he fell to them. 100 mil is solid value in the current market. Just needs to stay healthy.

miggyme1
10-31-2016, 09:18 PM

yea if like one dimensional players who you can basically find anywhere. I can name at least 10 other centers who do the exact same thing rudy does if not better. ill give a few names.

hassan,deandre,dwight (believe it or not),kat,thompson,len,steven adams.

I guess you can call him a steal but I mean he isn't a franchise changing player.

C-Green
10-31-2016, 09:21 PM
Gobert sucks.
How so?

Hey Yo
10-31-2016, 09:27 PM
Basketball Reference ‏@bball_ref
Since 1973, only 3 players had a higher DBPM thru their first four seasons than Rudy Gobert

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwIBv_gWEAEACD8.jpg

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=4&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&force%3Apos_is=1&c1stat=g&c1comp=gt&c1val=150&c6mult=1.0&order_by=dbpm

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2016, 09:49 PM
yea if like one dimensional players who you can basically find anywhere. I can name at least 10 other centers who do the exact same thing rudy does if not better. ill give a few names.

hassan,deandre,dwight (believe it or not),kat,thompson,len,steven adams.

I guess you can call him a steal but I mean he isn't a franchise changing player.

He's changed their franchise. Without him they have sucked. With him they are competitive.

Loved Scurry! Eaton sucked though so I don't think to much of that stat.

Red Flame
10-31-2016, 10:32 PM
damn everybody getting a check this offseason

kurple
10-31-2016, 10:55 PM
you mean trade?

kurple
10-31-2016, 10:57 PM
Basketball Reference ‏@bball_ref
Since 1973, only 3 players had a higher DBPM thru their first four seasons than Rudy Gobert

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwIBv_gWEAEACD8.jpg

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=4&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&force%3Apos_is=1&c1stat=g&c1comp=gt&c1val=150&c6mult=1.0&order_by=dbpmis that the top10 goat list?

Xiao Yao You
10-31-2016, 11:46 PM
you mean trade?

I guess. Denver drafted him for the Jazz.

Prime_Shaq
11-01-2016, 12:45 AM
Deserves every penny.