PDA

View Full Version : So ... is Giannis this Good? Who's coming back down to Earth by December?

CTbasketball92
11-02-2016, 04:01 AM
Giannis A. is averaging 23.3 ppg 9.5 rebounds and 5.8 assists on 52% shooting. How much of this is sustainable?

Which other players putting up ridiculous numbers do you think will either come back down to earth or keep it up?

Westbrook, AD, James Harden, Dame ... etc. ?

bobopenguin
11-02-2016, 04:26 AM
james harden will most likely keep his stats.
AD will break down somewhere through mid season (pls dont..)
westbrook's stats will drop.
cousins will maintain the same.

lebron's stats will go up tho.
whiteside's stats will drop.

Milbuck
11-02-2016, 05:11 AM
Giannis isn’t doing anything he isn’t capable of replicating every night. He was doing this basically every night after the ASB last year. Point forward was always his ideal role and he finally has that freedom. And tbh he still could get the ball more, he’s splitting a lot of ballhandling/playmaking with Delly.

gasolina
11-02-2016, 06:48 AM
[QUOTE=Milbuck]Giannis isn

scm5
11-02-2016, 12:01 PM
It's only 4 games in, but yes Giannis could probably average this for a season. He's a matchup nightmare and only getting better at what he does.

ralph_i_el
11-02-2016, 12:06 PM
There is a short list of people you want guarding a 6'11 point guard.

That matchup nightmare will not go away.

HylianNightmare
11-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Mip

scm5
11-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Mip

I'm not sure how the MIP is graded on but Kawhi legitimately has a shot at this despite how good he was last season just because he seems so much better offensively.

Kawhi is also the only one out of Westbrook, Harden, and Davis that has a shot at MVP this season.

MIP, MVP, FMVP, DPOY all in one season?? And he's still only 25.

kshutts1
11-02-2016, 12:38 PM
I say Lillard and Davis are the two most likely to come back down to earth. Lillard will not end the season shooting 53% or whatever he's at right now, and Davis has never proven himself to be a reliable high-volume scorer.

Smoke117
11-02-2016, 12:41 PM
There is a short list of people you want guarding a 6'11 point guard.

That matchup nightmare will not go away.

A small tenacious defender like Chris Paul could give a big guy like that with a high dribble a lot of trouble, but most pg's in this league just want to score so it's not really an issue.

tpols
11-02-2016, 12:46 PM
Demar Derozan is averaging 35 ppg on 54% shooting.. and he hasnt made a single 3 pointer. still nobody's talking about him. He obviously will come down to earth from that but is still capable of high 20s ppg which is a big step from last year.

CTbasketball92
11-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Demar Derozan is averaging 35 ppg on 54% shooting.. and he hasnt made a single 3 pointer. still nobody's talking about him. He obviously will come down to earth from that but is still capable of high 20s ppg which is a big step from last year.

Yeah, Demar's style of game isn't the most in style, but he's been incredible to start the year. His midrange scoring game is ridiculous. It's been very Kobe-esque lately. If he keeps it up, he'll get more attention.

Smoke117
11-02-2016, 12:55 PM

Nobody cares because we all know he'll just lay an egg in the playoffs like he always does.

tpols
11-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Nobody cares because we all know he'll just lay an egg in the playoffs like he always does.

most likely.. both him and lowry love to flop around in the paint, and refs dont give them any calls in the playoffs like they do in the regular season. So their games sort of just dissolve. might be different this year w/ more experience and if the center can stay healthy.

Levity
11-02-2016, 01:02 PM
imagine when black skeleton develops a 3 pt shot. :eek:

GG league

tpols
11-02-2016, 01:10 PM
imagine when black skeleton develops a 3 pt shot. :eek:

GG league

is that derozan? :lol

in all seriousness his jumper is like shaun livingston's.. built for really only midrange. looks awkward shooting 3's.

Smoke117
11-02-2016, 01:11 PM
is that derozan? :lol

in all seriousness his jumper is like shaun livingston's.. built for really only midrange. looks awkward shooting 3's.

One of Derozan's main problems is that when he doesn't have it going he starts to force the issue and take horrible shots.

imdaman99
11-02-2016, 01:56 PM
I don't think Westbrook can average 39 pts, 12 rebs and 12 asts for an entire season, not a chance.

I see him coming back down to Olympus levels averaging 35-10-10

Rocketswin2013
11-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Giannis is 21. Holy ****.

CTbasketball92
11-02-2016, 03:03 PM
I don't think Westbrook can average 39 pts, 12 rebs and 12 asts for an entire season, not a chance.

I see him coming back down to Olympus levels averaging 35-10-10

31 10.7 assists and 9 rebounds very possible. Him getting 30 triple doubles this year seems truly more likely than not.

Spurs5Rings2014
11-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Giannis is 21.

Not a chance.

:oldlol:

I'm not sure how the MIP is graded on but Kawhi legitimately has a shot at this despite how good he was last season just because he seems so much better offensively.

Kawhi is also the only one out of Westbrook, Harden, and Davis that has a shot at MVP this season.

If this happens, Milbuck and I have a personal 'handshake agreement' that Jeff will delete his account and I.P. ban him from ISH for all of eternity.

:banana:

AussieSteve
11-02-2016, 08:54 PM

After 5 games, you're making these predictions!? I'd say that the odds of him getting even one of these awards is low.

- No way he's getting MIP.
- He does have a good shot at MVP. He's probably the favorite IMO, but he's certainly no lock... unless the spurs get >65 wins (which the very well might)
- There's a 50/50 chance that the Spurs don't even make the finals, let alone win them, so I put his odds of FMVP at about 25%.
- And he probably doesn't get DPOY this year because of his increased load on offense.

Having said that, he's set for an epic season, no doubt.

Spurs5Rings2014
11-02-2016, 09:15 PM
After 5 games, you're making these predictions!? I'd say that the odds of him getting even one of these awards is low.

- No way he's getting MIP.
- He does have a good shot at MVP. He's probably the favorite IMO, but he's certainly no lock... unless the spurs get >65 wins (which the very well might)
- There's a 50/50 chance that the Spurs don't even make the finals, let alone win them, so I put his odds of FMVP at about 25%.
- And he probably doesn't get DPOY this year because of his increased load on offense.

Having said that, he's set for an epic season, no doubt.

His defense has been insane so far and he takes over in the clutch on both ends in late game situations with timely blocks, steals and buckets. He will win all these awards. Guaranteed. You have my word.

:pimp:

Nick Young
11-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Giannis is this good+high usage rate and a matchup nightmare vs most players in the league.

Spurs5Rings2014
11-02-2016, 10:03 PM
Giannis is this good+high usage rate and a matchup nightmare vs most players in the league.

Leonard will shut him down when we face them.

:rockon:

Sportal
11-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Is he actually......... Ah 22 next month... But still, jesus.

Jasper
11-03-2016, 09:33 AM
Which is a good thing if I may add. It seemed no one else could make a play from the backcourt other than those two. They are really missing middleton there
Talk radio as well as some 'experts ' agree with above statement.
But rook , Delly , and Parker and Monroe's increase production has filled Middleton's points.
I am just wondering if Middleton was a silent leader for this club, and everyone was talking about the young Bucks needing a legit LEADER :confusedshrug:
------------------
Whether Giannis sustains his play or drops off, the Bucks need to play defense.
I am starting to think Kidd has to much on his plate, and needs a legit defensive assistant coach , that can coach out side of the gym and onto the game court.

IMO Giannis will be an All-Star. Parker isn't to far behind.

SugarHill
11-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Not a chance.

:oldlol:

:banana:
What do you mean not a chance?

Jasper
11-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Giannis VS Paul George

27 points 9 dimes 7 boards, 2 steals, 2 blocks

tsforthrees
11-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Talk radio as well as some 'experts ' agree with above statement.
But rook , Delly , and Parker and Monroe's increase production has filled Middleton's points.
I am just wondering if Middleton was a silent leader for this club, and everyone was talking about the young Bucks needing a legit LEADER :confusedshrug:
------------------
Whether Giannis sustains his play or drops off, the Bucks need to play defense.
I am starting to think Kidd has to much on his plate, and needs a legit defensive assistant coach , that can coach out side of the gym and onto the game court.

IMO Giannis will be an All-Star. Parker isn't to far behind.

Giannis is all star level.

Bucks would be a top four seed in the East if Larry Brown were the coach.

ball247
11-03-2016, 11:08 PM
Giannis VS Paul George

27 points 9 dimes 7 boards, 2 steals, 2 blocks

Paul george is the most overrated defender in the league..

But yeah giannis is really good. Really like his game