PDA

View Full Version : What's the toughest sports loss you've ever experienced?

Nilocon165
11-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Tonight I'm in a position for my team to blow a 3-1 lead, so what's the toughest sports loss ever for yall?

2015 Cavs was one for me. Not like they really ever had a chance but I was fully convinced they were gonna win that series and the lebron haters would finally shut up

OSU lost back to back national championship games in football and basketball in around the early to late 2000's

OSU also lost to MSU at home last year which had me pissed off for like a week

Indians blowing a 3-1 lead to the yankees

discuss m8's

warriorfan
11-02-2016, 03:18 PM
2002 Giants

Nilocon165
11-02-2016, 03:37 PM
2002 Giants
1. You're probably too young to even remember that

2. We ALL know that isn't the the toughest loss for you :lol

Derka
11-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Easily the Celtics losing to the Lakers in the 2010 NBA Finals. Nothing else in my life even comes close. Game 7 was completely within reach and they just outright choked it away. Nothing more infuriating than watching LA get all the rebounds and make all the big shots in that 4th quarter.

dazzer87
11-02-2016, 03:40 PM
dude already threw in the towel..........pathetic......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nilocon165
11-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Easily the Celtics losing to the Lakers in the 2010 NBA Finals. Nothing else in my life even comes close. Game 7 was completely within reach and they just outright choked it away. Nothing more infuriating than watching LA get all the rebounds and make all the big shots in that 4th quarter.
Yeah that must have sucked considering their lead early in the game.

Feels good to win our only finals game 7 :rockon:

Nilocon165
11-02-2016, 03:41 PM
dude already threw in the towel..........pathetic......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I've been telling people all day that the Indians are gonna win tonight...

In the op I said they were in POSITION to blow it

atljonesbro
11-02-2016, 03:59 PM
Falcons 49ers NFC Championship game. Roddy got MUGGED on 4th and everyone knew it. We were robbed.

gigantes
11-02-2016, 03:59 PM
2015 Cavs was one for me. Not like they really ever had a chance but I was fully convinced they were gonna win that series and the lebron haters would finally shut up
people seem to forget this, but score-wise the cavs came within a whisker of winning the first three games. i doubt even the mighty warriors would have been able to come back from an 0-3 hole.

for me, i guess it would be jason kidd's nets losing to the spurs around 2002. they had their chances in that series, but san antonio just had too much talent, or something like that.

cain losing to werdum in the thin air of mexico city was also a huge bummer. but i'm looking forward to the rematch, when i'm very confidant he's not going to gas like last time.

1manfastbreak
11-02-2016, 06:40 PM
The Tuck Rule will always be the hardest loss in my opinion. Such an obvious fumble. Such a horrible call that the rule is not even a ****ing rule anymore. That one play had some devastating and lasting effects. It legitimately cost the Raiders a Super Bowl AND Jon Gruden. Tom Brady would not be who he is today without this gift of a SB.

Then who knows, maybe Jon Gruden stays with the Raiders, and they win the SB again the following year. Then maybe Woodson never leaves, and the Raiders don't suck for the next 15 years.

Second, would have to be the Warriors losing last season. It was so ****ed that Draymond got suspended AFTER THE GAME, and then still coming down to the final minute of game 7. That one will hurt for a while.

Lastly, the Oakland Athletics tanking in the second half of the 2014 season, only to blow a 6 run lead to the sh!tty Royals who exposed Jon Lester's inability to hold runners on. The team then proceeds to blow up a championship caliber roster and I've hated baseball sense.

Hawker
11-02-2016, 06:46 PM
2006 Mavs - nothing else comes close

2011 probably would've never happened though. That was magical.

HenryGarfunkle
11-02-2016, 06:51 PM
ITT: Losers who've never played sports competitively so their "toughest sports loss" is actually as a fan :oldlol:

Go outside dude.

You're a bandwagoning homo anyways. You were never a fan of the Indians before this year. **** off.

mlh1981
11-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Bengals completely falling apart in the final minutes of the wild card game last season against the Steelers.

scuzzy
11-02-2016, 06:54 PM
ITT: Losers who've never played sports competitively so their "toughest sports loss" is actually as a fan :oldlol:

Go outside dude.

You're a bandwagoning homo anyways. You were never a fan of the Indians before this year. **** off.
:lol

clevelander here

can confirm

warriorfan
11-02-2016, 06:55 PM
HenryJizzguzzle was the #1 pocket pool player in all of Wichita :bowdown:

HenryGarfunkle
11-02-2016, 07:03 PM

clevelander here

can confirm

Isn't this the same kid who was talking shit about LeBron non-stop before he went God-mode in the finals and effectively took Curry's soul?

:facepalm

knickballer
11-02-2016, 07:10 PM
I used to be a huge Yankees fan back when I liked baseball. In addition, I hated the Red Sox equally as much due to that sweet media marketing. That being said I was absolutely gutten when they blew the 3-0 series lead to Boston in the 2004 postseason which led to Boston winning their first champ in forever.

Looking back. Good for the Sox I guess?

TheMan
11-02-2016, 07:32 PM

Go outside dude.

Nobody here gives a fukk about how your rec league basketball team lost to a girl's high school team :confusedshrug:

My toughest defeat as a fan, 2010 NFC Championship game between my Chicago Bears vs our most hated rival, the Green Bay Packers. We lost at home :mad: , Cutler unsurprisingly shit the bed and then got injured :facepalm

Cleverness
11-02-2016, 11:03 PM
2013 NFC Championship game
Shouldn't have even been at Century Link field due to the BS shoulder hit on Drew Brees
So many bad calls in that game, including, but not limited to
Donte Hitman's shoulder hit on 3rd down -> 15 yard penalty, automatic first down
Hitting planting leg of Andy Lee mistakenly called 5 yard penalty when refs huddled and everyone knew it was 15 yards by rule
Bowman nearly career ending torn ACL/MCL missed fumble call (more upset about the torn ACL/MCL)

And Krapernick's INTs:facepalm

2012 SB was pretty tough, even with the missed holding call on Crabtree, but like atljonesbro said, 49ers got away with holding too on a 4th down end of game call

Every Sunday there are huge controversial game-deciding calls:facepalm

Smoke117
11-02-2016, 11:16 PM
Don't kill yourself, bro. You have a l...well, you probably don't have a lot to live for, but don't kill yourself anyway.

And Game 7 of the 2000 Blazers vs Lakers WCF...still pisses me off to think about it.

ILLsmak
11-02-2016, 11:52 PM
2006 Mavs - nothing else comes close

2011 probably would've never happened though. That was magical.

yea I'm not even a Mavs fan and it was magical. Prolly the only time I've seen an underdog team win and cared (altho to they were rolling; I remember how they scraped LA, that was magical, too.)

For me I'd say the Magic losing in 95. Game 1. Nick Anderson... sucks cuz he's an alum but he blew it.

-Smak

ThePhantomCreep
11-03-2016, 12:03 AM
2008 Finals.

I could live with Lakers losing (Boston was clearly better) but damn yo, did they have to lose the decisive game by 39 points?

Cleverness
11-03-2016, 01:06 AM
2008 Finals.

I could live with Lakers losing (Boston was clearly better) but damn yo, did they have to lose the decisive game by 39 points?

Was it worse than the 24-point comeback in game 4 tho?

CelticBaller
11-03-2016, 01:11 AM
that and
http://www.davidtyree85.com/static/sitefiles/images/hb4.jpg

we were minutes away from history

Bless Mathews
11-03-2016, 01:28 AM
FUCC this thread.

ThePhantomCreep
11-03-2016, 02:54 AM
Was it worse than the 24-point comeback in game 4 tho?

I've debated that.

That was a tough loss, and a stellar chokejob, but that lead was all but gone by the end of the 3rd. The 4th quarter was a nailbiter that they simply lost.

There was a bit more dignity in that defeat than the 39 point shellacking.

GimmeThat
11-03-2016, 03:18 AM
sports loss? I've always had a constant desire of getting into a physical fight with my older brother

:milton
sports loss

ScalsFan21
11-03-2016, 03:53 AM
2001 World Series, 2004 ALCS. Those were killers.