PDA

View Full Version : Early Impression Of Your Team

FireDavidKahn
11-02-2016, 06:52 PM
-Thibs not burning the starters, actually sat them all during the 4th quarter last night
-Offense looks really good so far
-Up by nearly 20 in both loses only to blow those leads:oldlol: That'll get better as the young guys learn
-Defensive scheme hasn't really sunk in, gave up lots of open 3's the first two games...not even gonna use the Memphis game as they sent out their dleague squad
-Kris Dunn's defense looks even better than advertised. Looks like an all-NBA defender all ready. Gets around every screen, in a proper defensive stance all the time, very aware of passing lanes, doesn't gamble. Can't say anything bad about his defense right now.
-KAT is struggling BIG TIME right now.
-Wiggins, Lavine and Dieng look incredible so far.

Your team?

BigKAT
11-02-2016, 06:58 PM
-Thibs not burning the starters, actually sat them all during the 4th quarter last night
-Up by nearly 20 in both loses only to blow those leads:oldlol: That'll get better as the young guys learn
-Defensive scheme hasn't really sunk in, gave up lots of open 3's the first two games...not even gonna use the Memphis game as they sent out their dleague squad
-Kris Dunn's defense looks even better than advertised. Looks like an all-NBA defender all ready. Gets around every screen, in a proper defensive stance all the time, very aware of passing lanes, doesn't gamble. Can't say anything bad about his defense right now.

Your team?

I'll just put an emphasis on the losing the leads thing.
We need to hold our ground better.

Good post OP.

atljonesbro
11-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Hawks are very good. Best defensive team in the league

Uncle Drew
11-02-2016, 07:03 PM
They look like repeating.

Xiao Yao You
11-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Looks like they could live up to some of the hype if the coach gets a clue.

TaLvsCuaL
11-02-2016, 08:04 PM
We are shit. Remove Gasol and Conley and you have a mid table D-League team.

k0kakw0rld
11-02-2016, 08:06 PM
DeMar is playing at MVP level so far. Midrange is on point and JV is ballin inside. One more acquisition and we will get out of the east.

Spurs m8
11-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Really happy with the team tbh

Feel more confident than the past couple of seasons, feel theres some more depth and less holes.

Also after watching the duo of Diaw and West as our 'big men' in the second unit last year, its really nice to see Dedmon and Lee doing it this year, i don't fear everytime they're on the court together.

Kawhi progressing like he does every year was expected.

Aldridge has shown enough but could tighten up a bit.

Bertans hasn't been unleashed yet but has shown his flashes in his few minutes, once he gets going as the SF in the second unit, watch the f*ck out motherf*ckers.

Anderson can just f*ck off, he is just an absolute nothing of a player, makes me wanna rip my hair out.

But overall I like what I see and like this team so much better than last years team, haven't been this happy since 2014.

Cheers

AirTupac
11-02-2016, 08:15 PM
We shit af fam

FireDavidKahn
11-02-2016, 08:15 PM

Feel more confident than the past couple of seasons, feel theres some more depth and less holes.

Also after watching the duo of Diaw and West as our 'big men' in the second unit last year, its really nice to see Dedmon and Lee doing it this year, i don't fear everytime they're on the court together.

Bertans hasn't been unleashed yet but has shown his flashes in his few minutes, once he gets going as the SF in the second unit, watch the f*ck out motherf*ckers.

Anderson can just f*ck off, he is just an absolute nothing of a player, makes me wanna rip my hair out.

But overall I like what I see and like this team so much better than last years team, haven't been this happy since 2014.

Cheers
Kawhi is my favorite non-Wolf in the league.

Can't get enough of him.:bowdown:

AirTupac
11-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Also Lou is bad for winning basketball

qrich
11-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Our bench is much improved, namely Austin Rivers. His effort and heart has been great.

Blake Griffin has looked lackadaisical despite his great stats. Once he starts playing better, I'm ecstatic.

Paul is looking to score more, and I love it.

solar.hands
11-02-2016, 09:59 PM

Cheers

agree. guys have been playing well.
tony looks old and cant hang up with other starters.
gasol still trying to figure it out. but he'll be ok. my only concern is his effort on the boards and on D
cant wait for Danny. hoping his shot comes back.

insidehoops
11-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Memo to everybody:

It's helpful to put the name of your team atop your post

AirTupac
11-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Nvm my team is sick AF. Lou Williams is SICK.

BigKAT
11-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Also Lou is bad for winning basketball

Lakers win, Lou puts 13 points in 4th

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
congratz on the win bud

AirTupac
11-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Lakers win, Lou puts 13 points in 4th

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
congratz on the win bud

Hey, he said EARLY impressions heh. :pimp:

Rocketswin2013
11-02-2016, 10:30 PM
Team reminds of the '13 team. With less youth and a James Harden on steroids compared to the '13 version.

Basically, a team that can be decent to watch unlike last year.

ZabuzaZaloog
11-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Simple: we suck again

Jasper
11-03-2016, 12:18 AM
Bucks defense is terrible... no kidding.

SwayDizzle
11-03-2016, 12:29 AM
:lol :lol

Dave3
11-03-2016, 11:52 PM

Lol dude, they were up 40 to begin the 4th.

Anyways, just to add to your point, as long as Dunn isn't an offensive liability, he's the perfect point guard for the league right now. Point guards are a lot of teams' best players and the way he can stay in front of everyone, he's an excellent counter to the best offensive weapon on a lot of teams.

Zach LaVine looks really good, but it would be nice to get him coming off screens more often so that he doesn't have to force up shots. Otherwise though his shot'[s on point, his slashing game is elite, and he's not careless with the ball.

Wiggins looks better than expected. Young season so can't make a call yet, but his jump shot looks improved and he's more confident in it.

Towns will pick it up, he already has tonight.

PS. No the Twolves aren't my team. I'm a Raptors fan but because we're blacked out on league pass, I've watched the Wolves more often so far this year.

Peteballa
11-04-2016, 12:03 AM
Heat

- Tons of ball movement
- Goran looks like a different player, thriving without Wade
- Justise is a shit offensive player as of right now, he looks so awkward half of the time. He's still, overall, an effective player and shows flashes.
- Willie Reed is a solid backup
- Tyler Johnson is lights out. He is such a bright spot. Love him.
- Dion is super inconsistent and has either made us or broke us in a couple of games.
- Whiteside is a dominant force. Wish he was five years younger.

Overall, I love our team. They're so fun to watch and play with a ton of heart, and they young guys are developing nicely. We won't be better than an 8th seed at best, and will likely pick midway through the lottery, but it's still a joy to watch them grow.

sunnyboy91
11-04-2016, 12:33 AM
Spurs

Kawhi taking a tremendous leap even from where he was last year. Showing ability to take over games. More aggressive, which is crucial for playoff success. I rewatched the 2014 finals again recently. He looks like a completely different player. Needs more minutes but Poop wont give it to him.

Dedmon is the athletic 5 we have needed the past few years. Fits perfectly in our defense. Offense looking good too as a garbage man.
David Lee looks great for us on offense when he is on scoring mode. Much better than David Worst.
Glad the Turd Towers (Diaw, West) are out of town. Dedmon and Lee are way more effective.

Parker has no business starting or closing games. He gets attacked constantly on defense. Needs his minutes cut in favor of Mills especially in the playoffs, though this has been obvious to everyone not named Gregg Popovich in the last few years.

Anderson is awful. Give all his minutes to Simmons and Bertans.

Simmons needs to catch and shoot more and stop driving to the rim in traffic which causes either a blocked shot, being stripped or a brick.

Not seen enough of Pau yet.

We look like contenders for sure, probably the 3rd best team in the NBA, though we matchup well with GSW because Kawhi, Aldridge, Gasol, Dedmon and Lee can exploit their weak ass front court.

Lakers Legend#32
11-04-2016, 12:50 AM
Lakers should have been playing this way for the last 2-3 years, but Jim Buss had to kiss Kobe's azz.

CelticBaller
11-04-2016, 01:17 AM
Jaylen Brown is going to be big star barring any serious injuries

FireDavidKahn
11-04-2016, 01:43 AM
Mother****ing Wolves keep blowing huge leads:lol

We are just awful in the 3rd quarter this year.

DoctorP
11-04-2016, 01:45 AM
Heat are young and raw. They are still learning how to win without the veteran presence of last year and a lot of the young pieces are looking for consistency.

Very well coached team.

Currently in the 8 seed.

Heat may sneak into the playoffs, we will see.

Gougou
11-04-2016, 01:53 AM
Celtics looking great so far

My home team Toronto doing well too, Derozan is beast.