PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else thought Marshon Brooks would make it?

CeltsGarlic
11-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Had high hopes for this man. Right now balling in china.

BTW this is funny CBA ppg stats

Lester Hudson 39.0
MarShon Brooks 35.5
Willie Warren 35.5
Errick McCollum 34.5

qrich
11-03-2016, 12:38 PM
I thought Willie Warren was going to be a stud, and at worst have a Randy Foye career trajectory (not playing style). :cry:

But yeah, I remember people being really high on Brooks, to the point where some Net fans though the was untouchable in a trade.

1manfastbreak
11-03-2016, 12:43 PM
I would love to see a CBA team play a WNBA team.

ClipperRevival
11-03-2016, 12:47 PM

Hope you're just joking.

FreezingTsmoove
11-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Errick is CJs little brother

1manfastbreak
11-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Hope you're just joking.

Dead serious.

CBA has too many American players. maybe a team from the Philippines league

imdaman99
11-03-2016, 01:31 PM
Bunch of Nets fans were comparing his game to Kobe coming out of college :lol

k0kakw0rld
11-03-2016, 01:51 PM

Lester Hudson 39.0
MarShon Brooks 35.5
Willie Warren 35.5
Errick McCollum 34.5
Me, I use to bump him here. He was a monster back in NBA 2K12 :rockon:

k0kakw0rld
11-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Bunch of Nets fans were comparing his game to Kobe coming out of college :lol
I'm guilty yeah I know :confusedshrug:

kurple
11-03-2016, 02:23 PM
not really

FKAri
11-03-2016, 02:24 PM
Dead serious.

CBA has too many American players. maybe a team from the Philippines league
You mean a team composed of guys like the one who blocked Curry? You want to see them vs women? :lol

qrich
11-03-2016, 02:27 PM

Diana Taurasi would demolish these scrubs.

Xiao Yao You
11-03-2016, 02:32 PM

Lester Hudson 39.0
MarShon Brooks 35.5
Willie Warren 35.5
Errick McCollum 34.5

I predict Trey Burke as a future CBA star.

1manfastbreak
11-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Diana Taurasi would demolish these scrubs.

That is what I'm saying. Same with Maya Moore.

How about best CBA team vs WNBA all-stars

ClipperRevival
11-03-2016, 03:35 PM
:oldlol: I could put together a team from guys at my local park and we would win the WNBA championship. Women and men are just different. Sh*t, I think I could win the WNBA MVP if they let me play.

1manfastbreak
11-03-2016, 03:42 PM
:oldlol: I could put together a team from guys at my local park and we would win the WNBA championship. Women and men are just different. Sh*t, I think I could win the WNBA MVP if they let me play.

you can disrespect women all you want but they still play basketball every single day of their lives, which I am guessing you do not.

My guess is that they would destroy you.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-03-2016, 03:47 PM

:biggums: :coleman:

Holy Shiet. You essentialist piece of shit. These women are Pros and play basketball every single day. I feel bad for your gf/wife/daughter... Wow....Really......:banghead:

http://67.media.tumblr.com/4589887e105f7ae491ea7aff7d766c08/tumblr_mt7zdsIpUM1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

warriorfan
11-03-2016, 03:48 PM

Holy Shiet. You essentialist piece of shit. These women are Pros and play basketball every single day. I feel bad for your gf/wife/daughter... Wow....Really......:banghead:

http://67.media.tumblr.com/4589887e105f7ae491ea7aff7d766c08/tumblr_mt7zdsIpUM1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
:oldlol:

tpols
11-03-2016, 03:49 PM

bruh i think i remember you saying you could score on andre iguodala 1v1.. arent you like 5'8?

those women would shove those words right back into your mouth :lol

ClipperRevival
11-03-2016, 03:50 PM
you can disrespect women all you want but they still play basketball every single day of their lives, which I am guessing you do not.

My guess is that they would destroy you.

I've been playing for 25 straight years regularly. So I do it too. I know bball. Women just don't have the coordination, reflexes, quickness, explosiveness and sheer strength of men. I cringe watching them play. How their coordination and reflexes are like in slo-mo.

ralph_i_el
11-03-2016, 03:50 PM

At my college they put together a team of short white ex-high school players to scrimmage the womens D-1 team in practice. The guys won everytime. My buddy was the 5'10" starting pg for the guys team. His basketball claim to fame is getting posterized by Andre Drummond in high school.

I never played basketball in high school. My buddies girlfriend was all conference at a rival high school. I beat her pretty easily at 1-on-1, and I don't even have much size on her.

Men and women are physically different. If they weren't, they would play in the same league. I actually enjoy watching WNBA and women's international basketball in the olympics though.

Dr Seuss
11-03-2016, 03:52 PM
I've been playing for 25 straight years regularly. So I do it too. I know bball. Women just don't have the coordination, reflexes, quickness, explosiveness and sheer strength of men. I cringe watching them play. How their coordination and reflexes are like in slo-mo.

lol. the most delusional poster on ISH. no joke, i have a feeling youre a grown man retard living with your parents. your posts come off that way. that, or a very severe case of aspergers.

ClipperRevival
11-03-2016, 03:56 PM
LOL. Do you know why I have confidence in my game? Because I know the countless hours I put into the game over the last 25 years. And I do it because I love the game. When you love something, you just do it naturally. Just because some of you suck and never really gave bball a go, don't assume everyone on this board can't ball.

Dr Seuss
11-03-2016, 03:57 PM
LOL. Do you know why I have confidence in my game? Because I know the countless hours I put into the game over the last 25 years. And I do it because I love the game. When you love something, you just do it naturally. Just because some of you suck and never really gave bball a go, don't assume everyone on this board can't ball.

LOL.

qrich
11-03-2016, 04:02 PM

Yeah....I highly doubt that. You'd probably be the WNBA Equipment Manager MVP though

tpols
11-03-2016, 04:18 PM
LOL. Do you know why I have confidence in my game?

you have delusions about your game.
the main thing guys have over women is size and athleticism..

some short dumpy middle aged dude isnt going to be able to hang with professional female basketball players. Period.

christ...

they would do you like Barkley in Space Jam..

http://i.giphy.com/oBWRhBikXO716.gif

1manfastbreak
11-03-2016, 04:23 PM

OK so you're saying that a man in his mid-late 30's has better coordination, reflexes, quickness and explosiveness than a professional female athlete? One mind you who gets payed hundred(s) of thousands of dollars to train and practice in state of the art facilities?

oarabbus
11-03-2016, 04:36 PM

:biggums:

CBA would beat WNBA allstar team 4-0 in a 7 game series, 20+ point blowouts every game... WITHOUT american players. I really hope you are joking.

OK so you're saying that a man in his mid-late 30's has better coordination, reflexes, quickness and explosiveness than a professional female athlete? One mind you who gets payed hundred(s) of thousands of dollars to train and practice in state of the art facilities?

Yes? I mean, it's not even close. Read about Karsten Braach vs. the Williams Sisters...

Forget old guys like Kobe or Duncan, guys like Vince Carter and Andre Miller are on another level athletically than WNBA players.

edit: on this last part, I see that you're talking about a random 30-something man. Obviously a rando dude would get ****ing smashed by WNBA players it wouldn't even be fair.

But ANYONE in CBA, Euroleague... no way. They are orders of magnitude better than WNBA players.

I used to run track & field in high school. If you look at any event, the US high school boys record absolutely destroys the women's world record. Not US girl's record, not US national record, no the women's world record. And it's not like it was close either, the high school boys are on several tiers above the women's WR holders.

In basketball, the gender gap may be even larger than track and field, due to the massive advantage height plays. And Chinese professional athletes are better than elite US high school boys. The CBA would destroy a WNBA allstart team so bad, you'd feel bad for even suggesting the idea.

Lebron23
11-03-2016, 04:45 PM
He was getting the same hype as the Current Devin Booker until Avery Johnson benched him in his Sophomore Season.

Thunderfan86
11-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Nikka gon be out there looking like Juwanna Mann :lol

http://movie.info/movie/Juwanna_Mann_2002_1.jpg

ClipperRevival
11-04-2016, 07:55 AM
The difference between men and women are huge physically.

Pretty much every player in the NBA can dunk, even if you are very short. Only like 3 people in the history of the WNBA have ever dunked in-game.

You look at the top scorers in the WNBA, and they are guards around 5'10" to 6'0". So being overwhelmed by height like playing against men won't be an issue.

Women are just built differently. They lack the quick twitch fibers and reflexes of men. Sure, women Olympic sprinters are athletic as hell but there are few of them and their body types usually don't play in the WNBA. WNBA players are much less muscular and much looser with their coordination. Hell yes i'm still more explosive, quicker, better coordinated and much stronger than most WNBA players.

Have you guys seen these women play? Do you know how they shoot like? Like girls. Their coordination/reflexes are all over the place. Their just is a delay in their movement that men don't have.

Jasper
11-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Brooks in my opinion was athletic , but maybe some skills lacking.

It could be those skills , never fully developed that could not transition to the NBA.

However intelligence can develop in China , Like Mike Beasley , and has become a heII of a contributor.