PDA

View Full Version : Durant > Curry

Prometheus
11-04-2016, 12:10 AM
I have been saying this since the signing... it's becoming clear now, and by new years' no one will question it. I consider it a question that can determine whose opinions can be taken seriously and whose cannot. If you said Curry would be the best player on the team even with Durant, then you're dumb.

So where did you all stand? Where are my dudes who knew it would be kd's squad?

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 12:14 AM
Curry is a point guard, Durant is a wing, op is a ****ing idiot.

Prometheus
11-04-2016, 12:17 AM
Gtfo my thread you ugly inbred san francisco fggt

Fire Colangelo
11-04-2016, 12:17 AM
It really depends on what the team they're facing

I feel like the Thunder are paying more attention to Curry in this game, giving Durant the chance to go off. There will be teams that will give more attention to Durant, and Curry will be able to go off because of that.

I think Durant is ultimately a better player because of his size, and his potential on the defensive end. But on offense, I'd say they're 1a and 1b.

lilteapot
11-04-2016, 12:18 AM
:lol

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 12:18 AM
go meltdown and not know the basic fundamentals of basketball

ScalsFan21
11-04-2016, 12:19 AM
I've said for the last three years Curry > Durant and haven't doubted it once. Healthy Steph is the 2nd best player in the game if you want to win a championship. Durant is obviously a more "complete" player, but his positive impact on a team is still lower.

Marchesk
I think Durant is ultimately a better player because of his size, and his potential on the defensive end. But on offense, I'd say they're 1a and 1b.

It's kind of funny though, because last season posters had to be reminded of Durant's MVP season when Curry was being called the greatest offensive player of all time.

How ISH changes it's tune in 5 games ...

Young X
Curry is a point guard, Durant is a wing, op is a ****ing idiot.No he's not.

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 12:20 AM
No he's not.

:facepalm

lilteapot
11-04-2016, 12:20 AM
go meltdown and not know the basic fundamentals of basketball
Shook, no rebuttal to you being a buttf*cking homosexual?

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 12:22 AM
Shook, no rebuttal to you being a buttf*cking homosexual?

this is rich coming from someone who named himself "lil tea pot" :lol

lilteapot
11-04-2016, 12:24 AM
this is rich coming from someone who named himself "lil tea pot" :lol
I like tea, sue me. your queefing alone on a nightly basis is responsible for the smog over San Francisco

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 12:25 AM
I like tea, sue me. your queefing alone on a nightly basis is responsible for the smog over San Francisco

lmao do you sip it with your pinky up? :lol

Wally450
11-04-2016, 12:28 AM
Curry is a point guard, Durant is a wing, op is a ****ing idiot.

Your dumbass will preach to the hills that Curry>LeBron.

You're a ****ing idiot.

Fire Colangelo
11-04-2016, 12:36 AM
It's kind of funny though, because last season posters had to be reminded of Durant's MVP season when Curry was being called the greatest offensive player of all time.

How ISH changes it's tune in 5 games ...

We're all prisoners of the moment :oldlol:

Prometheus
11-04-2016, 12:49 AM
Curry is great but he's also overrated because his team is built perfectly for him. Durant's offense would be dangerous on any team because of his versatility and iso domination. Curry on a bad team would look worse than Durant on a bad team... and all season long we will see that Durant is the more dangerous of the two when they play together, and should be the first option on offense almost every night.

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 12:51 AM
Curry is great but he's also overrated because his team is built perfectly for him. Durant's offense would be dangerous on any team because of his versatility and iso domination. Curry on a bad team would look worse than Durant on a bad team... and all season long we will see that Durant is the more dangerous of the two when they play together, and should be the first option on offense almost every night.
No, no he wouldn't

One player has supreme handles, vision, passing, shooting range, bball iq

One player is better at taking tons of ISOs

Who is gonna make his team better?

AnaheimLakers24
11-04-2016, 12:53 AM
curly is a pusssy who let kd take his team :lol

Fudge
11-04-2016, 12:53 AM
Hahaha, I was the first to tell these losers.

They didn't believe me. Not once.

Kevin D. is the best player in the world.

pedromarinho
11-04-2016, 12:54 AM
Curry makes every team mate better and therefore the whole team.

Durant is just pure offensive machine.

Both amazing, I prefer the ball in Curry's hands.

Also, when the Playoffs come, KD will be nowhere to be found. Just wait.

Smoke117
11-04-2016, 01:01 AM
Yup, Durant > Curry

Da Real Lambo
11-04-2016, 01:03 AM
Ive seen enough. Warriors 2017 nba champs. Durant OR Curry > Bran

Prometheus
11-04-2016, 01:57 AM

LeBron had a better night than Durant did

knicksman
11-04-2016, 03:26 AM
Why are you mad with this post OP, "Only losers respect bran"? Is it because its the truth?

theaussieguy
11-04-2016, 03:45 AM
wait how many games so far? oh wait, less than double digits.

just lmao @ these DREAMERS. hoping and PRAYING. SHOOK is the word

AirBonner
11-04-2016, 03:53 AM
Damn. If LeBron beats a team that hasTWO players better then him. GOAT.

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 04:01 AM
wait how many games so far? oh wait, less than double digits.

just lmao @ these DREAMERS. hoping and PRAYING. SHOOK is the word

aussie fam

thats whats up

GimmeThat
11-04-2016, 04:30 AM
I have been saying this since the signing... it's becoming clear now, and by new years' no one will question it. I consider it a question that can determine whose opinions can be taken seriously and whose cannot. If you said Curry would be the best player on the team even with Durant, then you're dumb.

So where did you all stand? Where are my dudes who knew it would be kd's squad?

probably because you don't know the < > = in regards to the rest of the league and only that Durant > Curry

GimmeThat
11-04-2016, 04:44 AM
We're all prisoners of the moment :oldlol:

yea, because it's a, if you say yes to this, it must also means etc. world.

mixing private life with my work life means prisoners of the moment? false hope doesn't change people, and being hopeless at least shows people their true color

Sakkreth
11-04-2016, 06:09 AM
Curry is so beta that even pusay durant becomes first option on the same team.

Prometheus
11-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Why are you mad with this post OP, "Only losers respect bran"? Is it because its the truth?

I dislike your post not because of it being true or untrue, but because of how stubborn you are in just repeating yourself a hundred times a day with the same handful of sentences for years. I could agree with everything you say and still wouldn't be able to stand you because you never evolve or say new things, and are therefore as dull as they come.

But of course :lol triggered. Cos the truth hurts. Only losers respect colluded rings :lol

Thread wasn't even about bran

Prometheus
11-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Curry is so beta that even pusay durant becomes first option on the same team.

Durant is the best scorer in the NBA and would literally be the first option on every single team. So... your post really doesn't make sense. I guess the whole league is beta then.

Spurs5Rings2014
11-04-2016, 12:01 PM
Durant is the best scorer in the NBA and would literally be the first option on every single team.

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Curry 2016

https://s31.postimg.org/ogkbld9t7/Curry2016.jpg

Durant 2016

https://s32.postimg.org/cpkcad3t1/Durant2016.jpg

Steph Curry not only scored more, but did it more efficiently as well

Prometheus
11-04-2016, 12:51 PM

On which team would he not be the first option to score?

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 12:52 PM
GSW if Curry was not unselfish and played like Westbrook

CelticBaller
11-04-2016, 12:59 PM
He's an idiot

HenryGarfunkle
11-04-2016, 01:29 PM
So he goes to the team with the reigning scoring leader.... and will easily out-score him... yet you facepalm at the notion that Durant would lead ANY team in scoring.

Grab a noose, set it up, and let it do it's job. People like you shouldn't be allowed to breathe.

HenryGarfunkle
11-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Henry and Warriorfan. STEPBROTHERS 2.
Still Ballin' champ?

How's the wife and kids

How's the business

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 01:43 PM
Henry and Warriorfan. STEPBROTHERS 2.

:roll:

scm5
11-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Curry is the most potent offensive force in the NBA. No one is consistently explosive as he is. He is used as a decoy for a lot of the game and makes everything easier for the Warriors. This is why he plays so much off-ball.

Some posters really have no grasp of how much off-ball movement matters. All they want to see are highlight plays and one player doing everything against another team. This isn't how you win 70+ games.

Prometheus
11-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Curry 2016

https://s31.postimg.org/ogkbld9t7/Curry2016.jpg

Durant 2016

https://s32.postimg.org/cpkcad3t1/Durant2016.jpg

Steph Curry not only scored more, but did it more efficiently as well

If GSW Curry was a better scorer than OKC Durant, but now Durant is the better scorer when they are teammates, then Curry's apparent superiority was a product of their disparate situations. Thank you for proving my point.

Prometheus
11-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Curry is the most potent offensive force in the NBA. No one is consistently explosive as he is. He is used as a decoy for a lot of the game and makes everything easier for the Warriors. This is why he plays so much off-ball.

Some posters really have no grasp of how much off-ball movement matters. All they want to see are highlight plays and one player doing everything against another team. This isn't how you win 70+ games.

If you still use this argument at the end of the season when Durant finishes with 4 more ppg than Curry does, more power to you. Good luck selling it.

scm5
11-04-2016, 02:15 PM
If GSW Curry was a better scorer than OKC Durant, but now Durant is the better scorer when they are teammates, then Curry's apparent superiority was a product of their disparate situations. Thank you for proving my point.

Okay, let me break it down for you.

Curry is the most potent offensive force in the NBA, he can score in bunches on you if you let your guard down for one second, and he gets the most defensive attention of any player right now.

You get KD, who is the second most potent offensive force in the NBA, and you make life easier on him by using Curry as a decoy.

Look at how effortlessly KD is scoring this season:

31ppg on 59% FG 42% from 3

This is coming from open looks generated by Curry's off ball movement as well as the ball movement AS A TEAM by the Warriors. When the ball gets moved from multiple sources rather than just one (Westbrook) you're gonna have better looks.

Watch some goddamn games and use your deductive reasoning as to why the Warriors are using KD as their first option. Don't just look at the box score and say KD gets the most shots, therefore he's the first option and the better offensive player.

I hate to bring Kobe into it because he's such a polarizing figure, but you know the Lakers/Celtics finals where Pau supposedly had better numbers yet Kobe was FMVP?

WATCH the damn games, Kobe got so much defensive attention that he made the game much easier for anyone else on his team. People use this example as if because of this one series, Pau was a greater offensive threat than Kobe ever was. No. Just no.

scm5
11-04-2016, 02:17 PM
If you still use this argument at the end of the season when Durant finishes with 4 more ppg than Curry does, more power to you. Good luck selling it.

:biggums:

Your comprehension of the modern game is amazing bro. Keep on doing you.

HenryGarfunkle
11-04-2016, 02:18 PM

Curry is the most potent offensive force in the NBA, he can score in bunches on you if you let your guard down for one second, and he gets the most defensive attention of any player right now.

You get KD, who is the second most potent offensive force in the NBA, and you make life easier on him by using Curry as a decoy.

This is coming from open looks generated by Curry's off ball movement as well as the ball movement AS A TEAM by the Warriors. When the ball gets moved from multiple sources rather than just one (Westbrook) you're gonna have better looks.

Watch some goddamn games and use your deductive reasoning as to why the Warriors are using KD as their first option. Don't just look at the box score and say KD gets the most shots, therefore he's the first option and the better offensive player.

I hate to bring Kobe into it because he's such a polarizing figure, but you know the Lakers/Celtics finals where Pau supposedly had better numbers yet Kobe was FMVP?

WATCH the damn games, Kobe got so much defensive attention that he made the game much easier for anyone else on his team. People use this example as if because of this one series, Pau was a greater offensive threat than Kobe ever was. No. Just no.
So now Curry fans are giving credit to him because of Durant's greatness.

You're so cringe.

pedromarinho
11-04-2016, 02:19 PM

Shouldn't the teams be focusing Durant rn?

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 02:25 PM

Curry is the point guard, Durant is the wing...

Durant isn't the "better" scorer, it's Curry's job to create the offense while Durant's job is just to score

Curry doesn't care about stats, he never has, he plays to put his team in the best possible position to win

[QUOTE][I][B]But really, that stuff(stats) doesn't matter. It's all about winning. That's what I've learned. I just need to impact games, be myself every other night, do other things to help my team win and be OK with that. Manage the game from a point-guard standpoint, find a way to win and that's what we did

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 02:28 PM

Good post

Prometheus
11-04-2016, 02:28 PM

Um actually your argument was very simple, and in the case of Kobe/Pau, correct. In the case of Durant/Curry, you just happen to be wrong. I'm typing on my phone so I keep it short and you mistake my brevity for lack of comprehension.

Tl;dr - You're wrong.

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Um actually your argument was very simple, and in the case of Kobe/Pau, correct. In the case of Durant/Curry, you just happen to be wrong. I'm typing on my phone so I keep it short and you mistake my brevity for lack of comprehension.

Tl;dr - You're wrong.

Says the guy who expects the point guard to score more than his wing :lol

HenryGarfunkle
11-04-2016, 02:34 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419087&page=2

:lol :lol :lol :lol

scm5
11-04-2016, 02:36 PM
So now Curry fans are giving credit to him because of Durant's greatness.

You're so cringe.

I'm not a Curry fan, I'm a Laker fan. I'm telling you with my understanding of the game, Curry provides easier looks for Durant just by being on the court and drawing defensive attention.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/steph-curry-is-disrupting-the-geometry-of-basketball

"Curry destroys this geometry. Not literally: the lines don't move when he plays, and the hoop is still just 10 feet from the ground. But, at least when the ball is in Curry's hands or he is in a position to receive it, the playable area of the floor

pedromarinho
11-04-2016, 02:37 PM
tbh they're in the same team now so it really doesn't matter

durant looks scary af out there rn..

Lebron23
11-04-2016, 02:37 PM

You are still a terrible poster. I wish you join Kobe in retirement. And you disappeared for 4 months after the Cavs won the NBA title.

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 02:38 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419087&page=2

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Klay should be taking more of Durant's points but Klay is going ghost like he usually does...

scm5
11-04-2016, 02:44 PM
You are still a terrible poster. I wish you join Kobe in retirement. And you disappeared for 4 months after the Cavs won the NBA title.

You contributed nothing of value to this discussion and called me out for not posting during off season and I'm the terrible poster?

I almost always disappear during off-season because there isn't much to post about.

Lebron23
11-04-2016, 02:46 PM
You contributed nothing of value to this discussion and called me out for not posting during off season and I'm the terrible poster?

I almost always disappear during off-season because there isn't much to post about.

You suck as a poster. Eat My Dick you F*cking F@ggot. You are probably butt hurt that LeBron is rank way higher than 12thbe Bryant.

tpols
11-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Shouldn't the teams be focusing Durant rn?

to be fair, durant doesnt require the type of shading at the 3 pt line Curry does.. hes more dangerous inside the arc, but he's getting long range practice shots off Steph's gravity and greatly benefiting from the Warrior's superior spacing in general.

scm5
11-04-2016, 02:56 PM
You suck as a poster. Eat My Dick you F*cking F@ggot. You are probably butt hurt that LeBron is rank way higher than 12thbe Bryant.

Again, excellent contribution. Great analysis. A+!!

Lebron23
11-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Again, excellent contribution. Great analysis. A+!!

Go F*ck yourself

PS

Lakers are doing much better without Kobe. Your rebuilding should have started in 2014.

Prometheus
11-04-2016, 03:21 PM

You guys are telling me i dont understand the modern game and then you act like point guards dont score. And curry plays off-ball more than any other point guard

scm5
11-04-2016, 03:28 PM
Go F*ck yourself

PS

Lakers are doing much better without Kobe. Your rebuilding should have started in 2014.

I agree with you on this point.

Honestly the quality of posts on this forum is at an all time low, largely thanks to you. It's possible that soon you can claim to be responsible for me leaving this forum.

scuzzy
11-04-2016, 03:40 PM
Lebron n Durant Fam stronger than ever. :cheers:

We

Dont

Lose

:no:

SwayDizzle
11-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Lebron n Durant Fam stronger than ever. :cheers:

We

Dont

Lose

:no:
WE

STAY

WINNING

CUH

hold this L
11-04-2016, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=scm5]I'm not a Curry fan, I'm a Laker fan. I'm telling you with my understanding of the game, Curry provides easier looks for Durant just by being on the court and drawing defensive attention.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/steph-curry-is-disrupting-the-geometry-of-basketball

"Curry destroys this geometry. Not literally: the lines don't move when he plays, and the hoop is still just 10 feet from the ground. But, at least when the ball is in Curry's hands or he is in a position to receive it, the playable area of the floor

CTbasketball92
11-04-2016, 04:10 PM
I always thought KD would be better than Curry. I'm not sure KD has ever had any spacing, and now that he's got plenty of it, he can probably get 23 ppg just getting to the basket for layups and getting to the foul line. On top of that, he's getting more open looks than ever. KD can never be neutralized in the way Steph curry can be. We saw in the playoffs that even though he only shot 28% from three, he still took over games and got 28 ppg and 11 rebounds and worked as a defensive Swiss army knife. KD isn't as good as LeBron, but he's similar in that his physical attributes give him an unstoppable gear. When your bigger it's just easier to get buckets.

oarabbus
11-04-2016, 04:10 PM
I give zero fuc.ks who's better between Curry and Durant because they're both on the

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARIORS

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 04:15 PM
I always thought KD would be better than Curry. I'm not sure KD has ever had any spacing, and now that he's got plenty of it, he can probably get 23 ppg just getting to the basket for layups and getting to the foul line. On top of that, he's getting more open looks than ever. KD can never be neutralized in the way Steph curry can be. We saw in the playoffs that even though he only shot 28% from three, he still took over games and got 28 ppg and 11 rebounds and worked as a defensive Swiss army knife. KD isn't as good as LeBron, but he's similar in that his physical attributes give him an unstoppable gear. When your bigger it's just easier to get buckets.
You saw it in the playoffs after his MCL injury...

How about in the 2015 Finals when Curry's knee wasn't ****ed up?

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4bYYPLGiZavZr6odQMT2_61HGAc=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3783750/warriorsball.0.gif

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/55785bd86da811a06574389c/draymond%20miss%201.gif

https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/game-3-4.gif

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/557856666bb3f7950ef731a9/stephen%20curry%203.gif

Yeah...totally neutralized...:rolleyes:

knicksman
11-04-2016, 09:56 PM
I dislike your post not because of it being true or untrue, but because of how stubborn you are in just repeating yourself a hundred times a day with the same handful of sentences for years. I could agree with everything you say and still wouldn't be able to stand you because you never evolve or say new things, and are therefore as dull as they come.

But of course :lol triggered. Cos the truth hurts. Only losers respect colluded rings :lol

Thread wasn't even about bran

yeah.. whatever brah. You got mad too when i called you a beta. LOL

ShawkFactory
11-05-2016, 08:57 AM
Durant is a career 27.4 PPG scorer. He has 4 scoring titles and when Westbrook missed extended time, the greatest offensive onslaught of the last decade.

Why are Curry stans acting as though Durant playing with him is what is allowing this offensive dominance?