PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's footprint on the NBA

scm5
11-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Before Lebron joined Miami, there were a lot of teams that were considered legit contenders.

Boston, Cleveland, Chicago, Orlando.... hell you would even think Wade could turn it up with his mediocre team and maybe pull off an upset like he almost did w/ the Celtics.

In the West, there were the Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, Suns, and OKC any of whom could have won the championship.

It was a very even playing field with plenty of contenders.

After Lebron's move to Miami to join forces with Wade who put up 27/5/7 and Bosh who put up 24/11 the season before, everything changed. The league wasn't as competitive.

Today, I see 3 legit contenders in the Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs.

Thanks Lebron.

CelticBaller
11-04-2016, 12:31 PM
http://hardwoodhoudini.com/files/2012/05/Lebron-Smiling.png

lilteapot
11-04-2016, 12:31 PM
So OP is saying the West isnt competitive when all we heard from this awful board for the past 5 years was how TOUGH the West was and how he would never get through it.

Which one is it?

scm5
11-04-2016, 12:36 PM
So OP is saying the West isnt competitive when all we heard from this awful board for the past 5 years was how TOUGH the West was and how he would never get through it.

Which one is it?

Your logic astounds me. So the West was tougher because they always had 3-5 legit contenders every single season up until this one. The East hasn't had any legit contenders outside of Lebron's stacked teams in a while.

The West at least still has TWO legit contenders.

BigKAT
11-04-2016, 12:58 PM
Hey.
I know another guy who did that.
You know, that 'Eliminated Contenders' thing.

Michael Jordan.

Over a decade where anyone not Bulls in the East was irrelevent, and when the GOAT took an hiatus, the West won all the other three championships of that decade. (Spurs/Rockets.)

So, did MJ ruin the league for you too..?

tpols
11-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Hey.

Michael Jordan.

Over a decade where anyone not Bulls in the East was irrelevent, and when the GOAT took an hiatus, the West won all the other three championships of that decade. (Spurs/Rockets.)

Michael Jordan did it with what he was given though.. when the bad boys were kicking his ass he didnt run and team up with a fellow MVP level player. Apples and oranges.

scm5
11-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Hey.

Michael Jordan.

MJ did it with Pippen who was drafted by the Bulls. He didn't go join with Bird and McHale when he couldn't win a title.

The difference is that MJ was such an unstoppable force that the minute he got one legit all-star next to him the league was done.

Lebron bitched out to join stacked ass teams to get his accolades. Basically bought his way into the Top 10. It's not like he doesn't belong there, it's that he's a bitch that took the easy route and f'd up the league along the way.

CuhGetsBucks
11-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Let's just dissect this from a basketball standpoint. Now, I'm not LeBron or anything but if you've ever been the best player on a team with all around shitty teammates, than you'd understand how annoying it is.

LeBron took the blueprint of other All-Time players who had another player who could lead a team to victory. I don't understand how anyone can blame LeBron for what he did in joining 2 other premier players in the league. After years of playing with players who would not have roster spots or starting positions anywhere else in the league.

They guy made Big Z and Mo Williams all-stars for crying out loud. I think this standard you guys hold LeBron to kind of proves how high you really think of him instead of the displeasure you attempt to show of him.

CuhGetsBucks
11-04-2016, 01:11 PM
MJ did it with Pippen who was drafted by the Bulls. He didn't go join with Bird and McHale when he couldn't win a title.

The difference is that MJ was such an unstoppable force that the minute he got one legit all-star next to him the league was done.

Lebron bitched out to join stacked ass teams to get his accolades. Basically bought his way into the Top 10. It's not like he doesn't belong there, it's that he's a bitch that took the easy route and f'd up the league along the way.
But LeBron never got a perennial all-star, Jordan did. On top of that he had all-time role players who were threats before and after Jordan.

Jordan's first retirement Bulls win 50, after LeBron leaves the land the have one of the worst records in NBA History.

scm5
11-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Let's just dissect this from a basketball standpoint. Now, I'm not LeBron or anything but if you've ever been the best player on a team with all around shitty teammates, than you'd understand how annoying it is.

LeBron took the blueprint of other All-Time players who had another player who could lead a team to victory. I don't understand how anyone can blame LeBron for what he did in joining 2 other premier players in the league. After years of playing with players who would not have roster spots or starting positions anywhere else in the league.

They guy made Big Z and Mo Williams all-stars for crying out loud. I think this standard you guys hold LeBron to kind of proves how high you really think of him instead of the displeasure you attempt to show of him.

I love your revisionist history. Big Z was an all-star in 2002-03, a year before Lebron joined the NBA.

If Lebron went to join ONE other superstar, it would have been fine. Teams would have been able to compete.

Let me break it down for you:

Lakers: Kobe + Pau (all-star, not superstar... Bosh was considered better before Pau joined the Lakers)

Dallas: Dirk

Spurs: TD, TP, Ginobili

Suns: Nash + Amare

OKC: KD, WB, Harden (before he blew up)

Boston: KG, PP, Allen (all old and not in their primes)

Chicago: Rose + Noah

Miami: Wade

Orlando: Dwight

Wade + Bosh alone would have made them one of the most stacked teams in the NBA at that period. Lebron basically killed all competition with his collusion and killed all parity in the NBA.

If you just go back and look at the rosters of these teams, you'll see Lebron's roster wasn't as horrible as you make it out to be. It only looks horrible now because the entire landscape of the NBA is ****ed.

Annyong!
11-04-2016, 01:30 PM
He made a culture of making it acceptable for superstars to join elite teams. Without LeBron's Decision, no way does Durant join the Warriors. He'd stay with OKC or go to the Celtics or something. But you know that when he expressed concern about reactions of joining the Warriors, the Warriors told Durant to look at LeBron and notice that he is once again celebrated because winning is celebrated no matter what.

scm5
11-04-2016, 01:32 PM
But LeBron never got a perennial all-star, Jordan did. On top of that he had all-time role players who were threats before and after Jordan.

Jordan's first retirement Bulls win 50, after LeBron leaves the land the have one of the worst records in NBA History.

Revisionist history again. The Cavs lost way more than just Lebron that season and the team had to be completely reworked because of how Lebron plays the game. The team was built completely around Lebron and lived/died with him. Everything ran through him much like OKC now runs through WB.

With Pippen on the team, Jordan played a lot of off-ball movement. The team ran the same way, still had the same defensive identity with Pippen to lead them.

As far as perennial all-stars, Lebron had Big Z, Mo, Shaq, Antawn Jameson all of whom have been an all-star.

How many perennial all-stars did Dirk have with him? Kobe had Pau who made the all-star team ONCE, many years before he joined LA. How many perennial all-stars did Dwight have on his team?

Dwight's cast was about the same as Lebron's yet he bounced him. Dirk's supporting cast was just as bad as Lebron's in Cleveland and he beat Lebron/Wade/Bosh.

Stop making excuses for him, he bitched out.

CuhGetsBucks
11-04-2016, 02:12 PM
I love your revisionist history. Big Z was an all-star in 2002-03, a year before Lebron joined the NBA.

If Lebron went to join ONE other superstar, it would have been fine. Teams would have been able to compete.

Lakers: Kobe + Pau (all-star, not superstar... Bosh was considered better before Pau joined the Lakers)

Wade + Bosh alone would have made them one of the most stacked teams in the NBA at that period. Lebron basically killed all competition with his collusion and killed all parity in the NBA.

If you just go back and look at the rosters of these teams, you'll see Lebron's roster wasn't as horrible as you make it out to be. It only looks horrible now because the entire landscape of the NBA is ****ed.
I fumbled that, good point. But with that being said he's not the level of Pau, Bosh, KG, Amare etc.

LeBron's roster was horrible, FiveThirtyEight.com showed a chart of all the NBA finals teams in the last 25 years. Second to last? The 2007 Cavaliers. The roster was awful and I think to try to defend and make it seem as if it wasn't is horrible. Why are you making it seem like LeBron colluded alone? You know Wade had to join him too. Even your man Kobe tried to form a superteam and he catches no flack for it because they played like ass. (Don't even try to argue that Dwight was not a top 10 player at the point, and the Lakers tried to trade for a runner up MVP in CP3 also, don't try it.) The 90s was no real competition either as 6 of the 10 NBA finals in that decade ended with the same team. Having repeat champions twice. You're crying about nothing, just another thread complaining about an all time great. Enjoy it and shut up.

SouBeachTalents
11-04-2016, 02:18 PM
I fumbled that, good point. But with that being said he's not the level of Pau, Bosh, KG, Amare etc.

LeBron's roster was horrible, FiveThirtyEight.com showed a chart of all the NBA finals teams in the last 25 years. Second to last? The 2007 Cavaliers. The roster was awful and I think to try to defend and make it seem as if it wasn't is horrible. Why are you making it seem like LeBron colluded alone? You know Wade had to join him too. Even your man Kobe tried to form a superteam and he catches no flack for it because they played like ass. (Don't even try to argue that Dwight was not a top 10 player at the point, and the Lakers tried to trade for a runner up MVP in CP3 also, don't try it.) The 90s was no real competition either as 6 of the 10 NBA finals in that decade ended with the same team. Having repeat champions twice. You're crying about nothing, just another thread complaining about an all time great. Enjoy it and shut up.

The funny thing is, if LeBron stayed in Cleveland with a similar caliber roster that he had his first 7 years, which more than likely would've been the case, all these people ripping LeBron for leaving would be shitting on him for being a loser with zero titles. You give LeBron Kareem/Worthy, McHale/Parish, peak Shaq, or a roster capable of winning 55 games without him, he's NEVER leaving Cleveland in the first place.

Durant's decision is so much worse because he left an actual title contender to join a team that just won 73 fuccing games, had the reigning 2x MVP, 2 All-NBA players and won a title & came within a minute of winning another one WITHOUT Durant

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 02:20 PM
http://s31.postimg.org/d9ndpvc63/lebroncollude.jpg

CuhGetsBucks
11-04-2016, 02:24 PM
The funny thing is, if LeBron stayed in Cleveland with a similar caliber roster that he had his first 7 years, which more than likely would've been the case, all these people ripping LeBron for leaving would be shitting on him for being a loser with zero titles. You give LeBron Kareem/Worthy, McHale/Parish, peak Shaq, or a roster capable of winning 55 games without him, he's NEVER leaving Cleveland in the first place.

Durant's decision is so much worse because he left an actual title contender to join a team that just won 73 fuccing games, had the reigning 2x MVP, 2 All-NBA players and won a title & came within a minute of winning another won WITHOUT Durant
Very aware, they're hurt they can't make their ringless jokes so they have to discredit them.

On the topic of Durant, although it wasn't a power move I cannot fault him for putting himself in a better position to win. Don't care how good Westbrook is, his playstyle and Durant's together is not winning basketball against well coached and stretegic teams. No coincidence they were always so close to it but could never push through. If I was Durant I wouldn't of joined the Warriors but I really cannot knock him for putting himself in a better position to win after all that hero ball.

Same ones knocking Durant to the bone are the same ones constantly calling Melo trash and laughing at him for never winning, you'll get scrutinized always. They even nailed Jordan to the cross once upon a time. Media just needs something to be angry about.

CuhGetsBucks
11-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Lebroncollude.jpg :oldlol: :oldlol:

scm5
11-04-2016, 02:25 PM

Because to everyone else on the board, are Wade/Bosh even relevant enough to argue over this? Lebron is the one in the Top 10 right now for their collusion.

As far as Dwight joining the Lakers, Kobe didn't go anywhere, management made the trades. There is a difference. As far as we know, there was no collusion. That entire season had chemistry issues to the point where Nash uncharacteristically criticized Dwight:

http://www.espn.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9464504/steve-nash-says-dwight-howard-never-wanted-los-angeles-lakers

Think about it, the consumate teammate was criticizing him for his attitude. It's a team game and chemistry is every bit a part of it as talent, you can't just mash players together and expect them to produce.

You can ignore everything that goes into it and just look at results, which is what the rest of the general population does. Real fans with an understanding of the game, understanding of how a team works will tell you otherwise.

Lebron23
11-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Best Player in the Post Jordan Era
Top 2-3 player in NBA History
Greatest Small Forward of All time

scm5
11-04-2016, 02:52 PM

THANK YOU!!

This is what Lebron needed to win his championships. He still even lost to Dirk and no all-stars (that year) with Wade and Bosh.

I'm not even saying Lebron isn't a Top 10 best player in the NBA, he is in terms of talent. I just completely disagree with HOW he got there. He broke the league with his bitch ass move.

GimmeThat
11-04-2016, 02:53 PM
not everyone gets signed a big contract and then is happy about being traded as a salary dump move

pedromarinho
11-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Lebron colluded and then lost to a 8th seed in the finals.

Case closed.

SouBeachTalents
11-04-2016, 02:55 PM

Case closed.

:biggums:

Lebron23
11-04-2016, 02:56 PM

Case closed.

Chokerry blew a 3-1 led in the NBA Finals after winning 73 games in the regular season. Cannot wait to see the Cavs destroy them again.

scm5
11-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Chokerry blew a 3-1 led in the NBA Finals after winning 73 games in the regular season. Cannot wait to see the Cavs destroy them again.

Speaking of choke jobs:

Lebron with Wade + Bosh lost to Dirk with no other all-stars in the finals. Wade was having a monster series, Lebron choked it away.

Let that sink in.

pedromarinho
11-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Chokerry blew a 3-1 led in the NBA Finals after winning 73 games in the regular season. Cannot wait to see the Cavs destroy them again.LeBron also lost 3 in a row after being 2-1 to a disfunctional albine german... Almost the same thing... Even worse.

Curry didn't need to collude with 2 all stars to win his first ring.

scm5
11-04-2016, 03:02 PM
LeBron also lost 3 in a row after being 2-1 to a disfunctional albine german... Almost the same thing... Even worse.

Curry didn't need to collude with no one to win his first ring.

:cheers:

CuhGetsBucks
11-04-2016, 03:03 PM

Case closed.
Shut your chent ass up boy, I know you were watching the La Liga during the finals but the Mavs were a 3 seed you dumb mf

Lebron23
11-04-2016, 03:03 PM
LeBron also lost 3 in a row after being 2-1 to a disfunctional albine german... Almost the same thing... Even worse.

Curry didn't need to collude with no one to win his first ring.

And The Cavs are going to beat them again in the NBA Finals. LeBron might average over 40 ppg because the Warriors have zero rim protections.

Get that Weak Stuff out of here. LeBron send the ball flying to North Korea.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2678151.1466203563!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/nba.jpg

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/cc5wyn/picture84791602/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/fowler-curry-lebron(3)

Lebron23
11-04-2016, 03:04 PM
:cheers:

Same team who swept the Lakers in the playoffs.

scm5
11-04-2016, 03:04 PM
Lebron23's posts are always so insightful and full of logic and understanding of the game.

Lebron23
11-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Lebron23's posts are always so insightful and full of logic and understanding of the game.

Lebron > Kobe.

pedromarinho
11-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Shut your chent ass up boy, I know you were watching the La Liga during the finals but the Mavs were a 3 seed you dumb mf5th best ranking assf4ck

CuhGetsBucks
11-04-2016, 03:07 PM
5th best ranking assf4ck
Yea cuz 5 and 8 are the same number :roll: I hear you petey pablo

pedromarinho
11-04-2016, 03:10 PM
And The Cavs are going to beat them again in the NBA Finals. LeBron might average over 40 ppg because the Warriors have zero rim protections.

Get that Weak Stuff out of here. LeBron send the ball flying to North Korea.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2678151.1466203563!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/nba.jpg

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/cc5wyn/picture84791602/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/fowler-curry-lebron(3)Before Curry torn is ACL.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/warriors/sites/default/files/curry_cle_20160614.jpg

Smell my ass bitch

CuhGetsBucks
11-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Before LeBron mindfuked Curry.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/warriors/sites/default/files/curry_cle_20160614.jpg

Smell my ass bitch
fixed

Lebron23
11-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Before Curry torn is ACL.

Smell my ass bitch

0/22 in Finals MVP Voting.

aj1987
11-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Shut your chent ass up boy, I know you were watching the La Liga during the finals but the Mavs were a 3 seed you dumb mf
:roll: :roll: :roll:

scm5 melting hard AF. LeBron has got these kids melting since June.

Prometheus
11-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Before Lebron joined Miami, there were a lot of teams that were considered legit contenders.

Boston, Cleveland, Chicago, Orlando.... hell you would even think Wade could turn it up with his mediocre team and maybe pull off an upset like he almost did w/ the Celtics.

In the West, there were the Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, Suns, and OKC any of whom could have won the championship.

It was a very even playing field with plenty of contenders.

After Lebron's move to Miami to join forces with Wade who put up 27/5/7 and Bosh who put up 24/11 the season before, everything changed. The league wasn't as competitive.

Today, I see 3 legit contenders in the Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs.

Thanks Lebron.

What are you talking about? The league has been incredibly top-heavy for years before the Heatles. I remember back in 2008 we all knew it was between Boston, Cleveland, and the Lakers. If Orlando were contenders in 2010, then the Clippers are contenders now. Notice both are false.

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Speaking of choke jobs:

Lebron with Wade + Bosh lost to Dirk with no other all-stars in the finals. Wade was having a monster series, Lebron choked it away.

Let that sink in.

Forgot to mention LeBron getting outscored by Jason Terry :lol

scm5
11-04-2016, 03:53 PM
What are you talking about? The league has been incredibly top-heavy for years before the Heatles. I remember back in 2008 we all knew it was between Boston, Cleveland, and the Lakers. If Orlando were contenders in 2010, then the Clippers are contenders now. Notice both are false.

The difference being Orlando, Mavs, Spurs, Suns were all contenders as in they had a legit shot of winning the title.

Do you think any team outside of the Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs have a legit shot this season?

bond10
11-04-2016, 03:56 PM
The difference being Orlando, Mavs, Spurs, Suns were all contenders as in they had a legit shot of winning the title.

Do you think any team outside of the Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs have a legit shot this season?

Not a chance. Every team outside of GSW and CLE should just tank so GSW/CLE can get 74 wins.

SwayDizzle
11-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Forgot to mention LeBron getting outscored by Jason Terry :lol
imagine if JT outscored Kobe in the finals. he'd be the laughing stock of the nba, just like Lebron :lol :lol

GimmeThat
11-04-2016, 03:59 PM

I think what he's trying to say players all thought they could be the one that pushes a team from being favored to true contender status.

but not everyone enters into the league being labeled as a failure without winning a championship ring.

aj1987
11-04-2016, 04:58 PM
imagine if JT outscored Kobe in the finals. he'd be the laughing stock of the nba, just like Lebron :lol :lol
Chokebe nearly got outscored by Austin Croshere.

CTbasketball92
11-04-2016, 06:16 PM
I disagree with the point OP is making, but LeBron has changed the whole league, but it began with the Celtics big 3. After that, players realized they could shape their own destiny, and LeBron took it to the next level. Also, LeBron is so,so much better than anyone else in the east any team he goes to is a contender, so every non LeBron team has been irrelevant for the last 6 years. LeBron a decision also indirectly led to KD joining the warriors, who have every reason to be the next dynasty. So LeBron literally rendered an an entire conference worthless and switched the paradigm for player's control. Pretty huge if you ask me.

pedromarinho
11-04-2016, 06:51 PM
I disagree with the point OP is making, but LeBron has changed the whole league, but it began with the Celtics big 3. After that, players realized they could shape their own destiny, and LeBron took it to the next level. Also, LeBron is so,so much better than anyone else in the east any team he goes to is a contender, so every non LeBron team has been irrelevant for the last 6 years. LeBron a decision also indirectly led to KD joining the warriors, who have every reason to be the next dynasty. So LeBron literally rendered an an entire conference worthless and switched the paradigm for player's control. Pretty huge if you ask me.
Resume: LeBron is the pussiest of *******.

warriorfan
11-04-2016, 07:02 PM

So much better than every player in the east, that is why he gets outscored by Jason Terry in the Finals :lol

DoctorP
11-04-2016, 07:16 PM
literally the same thread I had made the same day

Hey Yo
11-04-2016, 08:32 PM

Bibby, Wade, (nobody close to Lebron), Bosh and Joel Anthony for the Heat starting line-up in 2011.

Heat lost 24 games with LeBron that season.....how many more would they have won w/o him???

OP = DUMB

Hey Yo
11-04-2016, 08:38 PM

lol @ this un-informed meltdown... :cletus:

Wonder if Durant would have joined Anthony Bennett, Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson and it would be looked at as him joining an already stacked team??

derp derp

Hey Yo
11-04-2016, 08:45 PM

OKC would have had a shot if KD wasn't a :cry: bitch

Hey Yo
11-04-2016, 08:46 PM
So much better than every player in the east, that is why he gets outscored by Jason Terry in the Finals :lol
Just like Kobe was that postseason series

knicksman
11-04-2016, 10:14 PM
honestly, you arent a real man if you respect what lebron did. The guy is a pusie