PDA

View Full Version : MVP Candidate to fall out first?

BigKAT
11-04-2016, 02:56 PM
So, early season, as always, we overreact.

Right now I've seen all sorts of names from:

Lebron James
Russell Westbrook
Kawahi Leonard
Damian Lillard
Demar Derozen
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
James Harden
Kyrie Irving (Well, lebron said it.)

etc... So, considering that this will be a 3 men race at best, who do you guys will fall out of the discussion first?

Not asking who you think will win, though you can answer that if you want.
Asking who you think will come back to earth first out of that list.

My picks:
Damian Lillard
Demar Derozen
The GSW Duo. (Not that they are not MVP worthy, just, I don't think they are going to get much consideration this year.)

FreezingTsmoove
11-04-2016, 03:02 PM

Lebron James
Russell Westbrook
Kawahi Leonard
Damian Lillard
Demar Derozen
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
James Harden

etc... So, considering that this will be a 3 men race at best, who do you guys will fall out of the discussion first?

My picks:
Damian Lillard
Demar Derozen
The GSW Duo. (Not that they are not MVP worthy, just, I don't think they are going to get much consideration this year.)

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bankaii
11-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Derozan will be first. Dude has legit been the best SG in the league so far and I don't see it statying that way.
Lillard and Westbrook will have a cold stretch with some bad losses at some point.
Kyrie still isn't there yet imo.
Curry will become more of an afterthought as KD keeps establishing that it's his team now.
It'll end up with KD/Bron/Kawhi unless Westbrook ends up a top 4 seed.

CuhGetsBucks
11-04-2016, 03:10 PM
Derozan will be first. Dude has legit been the best SG in the league so far and I don't see it statying that way.
Lillard and Westbrook will have a cold stretch with some bad losses at some point.
Kyrie still isn't there yet imo.
Curry will become more of an afterthought as KD keeps establishing that it's his team now.
It'll end up with KD/Bron/Kawhi unless Westbrook ends up a top 4 seed.
This. But if Harden ends up in the top 3 he could get it also.

Fudge
11-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Westbrook
Curry
Harden
DeRozan

The 3 man race will be Durant, LeBron, and Leonard.

CuhGetsBucks
11-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Westbrook
Curry
Harden
DeRozan

He has to save face then because the media does not **** with Durant enough to win MVP. Also the warriors will probably not win 74 games so I don't understand how you reward MVP to a person who plays on a team with a lower win total than the season prior.

BigKAT
11-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Westbrook
Curry
Harden
DeRozan

While I disagree with your Durant pick,
I do think that IF he stays in the discussion and isn't disregarded for being with Curry, Klay and Draymond--- Than he will take the award.

W/L - I think he'll have more W's then Leonard.
Stat wise - If he stays at the 28 PPG, which seems like he could, he'll be the highest scoring candidate. (Kawahi is awesome but he ain't putting more then 24-25 for the season imo. )

So I don't think Durant is going to get the votes because of him joining the 2-time Finalist GSW, and that just means you can't be -that- valuable or should I say -necessery- to your team.

BUT,

If all these underlinings don't have weight, stats wise he's got a really good shot to take the award home.

Than again, Lebron might get it as more of a 'Legacy' award then actually having the stats to back it up, if Cleveland wins 57-60 I think he takes it home.

Annyong!
11-04-2016, 04:25 PM

Lebron James
Russell Westbrook
Kawahi Leonard
Damian Lillard
Demar Derozen
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
James Harden

My picks:
Damian Lillard
Demar Derozen
The bold will fall off due to record. Even if their records are "fine," they won't compare to the elite. Irving isn't really an MVP candidate because of the gap between him and LeBron.

TrueBlue89
11-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Kyrie is nowhere near an MVP candidate. LeBron is playing at like 50% of his true level & he's still not making that much of an impact for the Cavs.

DeRozan & Lillard will be the firsts to bow out. As a matter of fact the Lillard hype is already slowly dying down.

The only real competitors this season are Kawhi, Harden, Russ, KD & LeBron.

bigkingsfan
11-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Curry is 25 and 5, he's done. :oldlol:

CTbasketball92
11-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Dame, Derozan and Steph are out of there. Steph will end up with stellar numbers, but KD is more unstoppable and could plausibly get a 33 PER,. Derozan is playing a little over his head and he only plays well on offense. Dame simply isn't as good as KAWHi, lebron and KD, and he never will be. But he's got a shot to finish in the top 4. If Giannis keeps it up he'all be a candidate. Paul George won't be good enough, though he's been really good.

Kyrie isn't an MVP candidate, and I'm actually beginning to think he's more of an elite piece as opposed to a truly dynamic superstar --sort of like Isiah Thomas. His lack of intangibles Defense and court awareness making him unplayable sometimes, and he's actually shooting lights out and I'm sure he won't average over 25 ppg. lebron is still obviously the best player on the squad.

1. KAWHI 2. LeBron 3. Westbrook 4. Harden 5.

BigKAT
11-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Dame, Derozan and Steph are out of there. Steph will end up with stellar numbers, but KD is more unstoppable and could plausibly get a 33 PER,. Derozan is playing a little over his head and he only plays well on offense. Dame simply isn't as good as KAWHi, lebron and KD, and he never will be. But he's got a shot to finish in the top 4. If Giannis keeps it up he'all be a candidate. Paul George won't be good enough, though he's been really good.

Kyrie isn't an MVP candidate, and I'm actually beginning to think he's more of an elite piece as opposed to a truly dynamic superstar --sort of like Isiah Thomas. His lack of intangibles Defense and court awareness making him unplayable sometimes, and he's actually shooting lights out and I'm sure he won't average over 25 ppg. lebron is still obviously the best player on the squad.

1. KAWHI 2. LeBron 3. Westbrook 4. Harden 5.

I have Harden over Westbrook.
But as the season unfolds, it might turn out to be Spurs Year.

I'll be the first to admit that I underestimated Kawahi if he keeps on those gaudy numbers. I think it would be amazing if a Spur wins MVP a year after Duncan retires. Either way, it really will boil down to W/L. If the Cavs break 60, I think Lebron wins it.

But I agree with you mostly.

CTbasketball92
11-04-2016, 05:33 PM
I have Harden over Westbrook.
But as the season unfolds, it might turn out to be Spurs Year.

I'll be the first to admit that I underestimated Kawahi if he keeps on those gaudy numbers. I think it would be amazing if a Spur wins MVP a year after Duncan retires. Either way, it really will boil down to W/L. If the Cavs break 60, I think Lebron wins it.

But I agree with you mostly.

Yeah, Kawhi's ability to score at an elite level was all I needed to see. He's the game's best defender and he's getting that third straight DPOY. Yeah, LeBron controls the game in a way I've never seen. He's just amazing, it feels like this is as good as I've ever seen him all things considered --- mentally for sure. It feels like he's unbeatable as long as one other star does their job.

sunnyboy91
11-04-2016, 08:19 PM
1 - Kawhi
2 - LeBron
3 - Durant

Rocketswin2013
11-04-2016, 08:25 PM
It really depends on W/L. But I'll say Derozan will drop off a bit as time goes on. I could see Curry making a run for it eventually. Lillard is scoring like a maniac but these wins aren't following so obviously he won't get any real consideration. Kawhi was pretty consistent last year and has been on an upward trajectory for a while now. Durant can obviously sustain insane levels for a long time as we saw in 2014.

Giannis is a wildcard IMO.

Harden and to a lesser degree Westbrook will have to drop off a bit but like I said it'll be W/L that matters most for them.

miggyme1
11-04-2016, 08:29 PM
LeBron??? lets replace him with kyrie...thanks

Kawhi Not?
11-04-2016, 10:01 PM
IMO it's between Harden, Westbrook, and Kawhi. I think Lillard will get some votes but he will be behind the 3.

My pick is obviously Kawhi with Harden 2nd.