PDA

View Full Version : Golden States Problems: Growing Pains or Something Deeper?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-05-2016, 01:07 AM
Is this just a new team struggling as it takes time to gel, OR is there a structural problem with the roster?

Thoughts?

J Shuttlesworth
11-05-2016, 01:08 AM
I think 4 all stars isn't enough to beat LeBron. Maybe if they somehow get Anthony Davis and another all star, they can beat LeBron.

TheWinningFam
11-05-2016, 01:08 AM
They cant rebound or protect them rim for shit.

Lebron n kyrie will have a field day on these dudes Christmas day if they keep playing like this.

It ain't no guareentee they make the finals neither, got that ass smacked by 29 at home :coleman:

Lebronxrings
11-05-2016, 01:09 AM
their star players are mentally fragile.. like dam..

No size either, rely on jump shooting which is for pussys

HenryGarfunkle
11-05-2016, 01:09 AM
Shitty bench and Curry sucks.

If Durant wins with this group he'll catapult himself into the top 5 GOAT discussion

Nilocon165
11-05-2016, 01:10 AM

If Durant wins with this group he'll catapult himself into the top 5 GOAT discussion
:biggums:

TheWinningFam
11-05-2016, 01:11 AM

The problem here is durant made the team worse while being a hoe, so this statement is factually incorrect.

Fire Colangelo
11-05-2016, 01:12 AM
It's been a handful of games... I'm sure the Warriors will be fine.

Remember when the 76ers won 3 straight to start the 2014 season? Including a win against the Miami Heat?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-05-2016, 01:12 AM
Their defense does seem like it's gonna be a problem going forward. They don't seem to have the most gifted defensive players on the roster.

Also, i envisioned them to be not so Durant dependent on offense. I thought he would put like 23 -26 ppg as a cog in the machine instead of basically playing like he did in OKC.

HenryGarfunkle
11-05-2016, 01:14 AM
The problem here is durant made the team worse while being a hoe, so this statement is factually incorrect.
Dray and Iggy begged him to come. (c*m)

They're the hoes of the situation... but Durant has been by far their best player and his averaging like 36/9 on 60% for the season... hoe status not possible for a player of his caliber, try again.

pedromarinho
11-05-2016, 01:15 AM
People are overeacting a bit because 73 is the number to reach.

It isn't. They are a new team. Don't expect them to reach those kind of numbers.

On the other side, I don't think they have would build a chemistry strong enough to win a schip.

Warrior FO ****ed up BIG TIME!

Hulk
11-05-2016, 01:17 AM
100% a serious problem.
Zero interior defense,zero rebounding,bench is bad,Thompson shook.I don't think we make it to WCF.

HenryGarfunkle
11-05-2016, 01:18 AM
100% a serious problem.
Zero interior defense,zero rebounding,bench is bad,Thompson shook.I don't think we make it to WCF.
F*ck off dude, you don't anything

They'll make the WCF's easily. EASILY.

moongaze
11-05-2016, 01:21 AM
I think 4 all stars isn't enough to beat LeBron. Maybe if they somehow get Anthony Davis and another all star, they can beat LeBron.

They already beat Lebron.in 2015. They haven't beaten a healthy cavs though. What Kyrie said was true and I think the worriers now have seeds of doubt knowing that they were never real champions but an asterisk

Fire Colangelo
11-05-2016, 01:23 AM
F*ck off dude, you don't anything

They'll make the WCF's easily. EASILY.

I don't think WCF is much of a benchmark for a team of this caliber... most people expect them to make the finals and win.

HenryGarfunkle
11-05-2016, 01:28 AM
I don't think WCF is much of a benchmark for a team of this caliber... most people expect them to make the finals and win.
Hence why I said they'll make the WCF's easily in response to someone who said they won't

They're still gonna win the title, if healthy. As long as Dray/Klay/Durant stay healthy theres no stopping them in the playoffs.

TheGreatDeraj
11-05-2016, 01:28 AM
They lost Bogut who was a giving them defense, rim protection, nice screens and could really pass.

Then you add in the growing pains from trying to add in an MVP caliber player to your offense, while losing a good portion of your bench, and I think you're in for a rough start. Especially because Curry and Thompson have not seemed like the same shooters from last year and part of that is because the offense seems different from last year. The ball was flying around last year for open shot or layup all game long. They were so comfortable with the offense and each other last year which lead to their record setting season.

It's going to take time to get back to that offensively. Let's see if McGee can put it together and give them some solid minutes. If not I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade for a Center. Thompson may be the odd man out, but it would be tough to trade a shooter like that. They need to solidify their interior or the Spurs and maybe the Clippers could take them to a deep series and win.

J Shuttlesworth
11-05-2016, 01:29 AM
They already beat Lebron.in 2015. They haven't beaten a healthy cavs though. What Kyrie said was true and I think the worriers now have seeds of doubt knowing that they were never real champions but an asterisk
You're right. I meant LeBron with a healthy cast

Hulk
11-05-2016, 01:37 AM
Hence why I said they'll make the WCF's easily in response to someone who said they won't

They're still gonna win the title, if healthy. As long as Dray/Klay/Durant stay healthy theres no stopping them in the playoffs.

I'll see you in June.Goodluck

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 01:37 AM
You're right. I meant LeBron with a healthy cast

Kevin Love missed one game in the '16 Finals, and the Cavs routed the Warriors in that game. However, with both teams at 100%, and including that lone win...the Warriors were crushing a healthy Cavs team 3-1.

Even LeQUIT gave up at the end of the game four...taking three uncontested layups to pad his worthless stats in that game, instead of at least trying to win the game with three's.

Of course his crying to the NBA resulted in a suspension to Draymond in game five...the same Green who DOMINATED EVERYONE in game seven.

RRR3
11-05-2016, 01:40 AM
take your meds old man. Ilt would averaging 5/3 in the modern NBA.

spidey102279
11-05-2016, 01:41 AM
Kevin Love missed one game in the '16 Finals, and the Cavs routed the Warriors in that game. However, with both teams at 100%, and including that lone win...the Warriors were crushing a healthy Cavs team 3-1.

Even LeQUIT gave up at the end of the game four...taking three uncontested layups to pad his worthless stats in that game, instead of at least trying to win the game with three's.

Of course his crying to the NBA resulted in a suspension to Draymond in game five...the same Green who DOMINATED EVERYONE in game seven.

Wow, you can be a good fan fiction writer... :roll:

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 01:44 AM
take your meds old man. Ilt would averaging 5/3 in the modern NBA.

I don't doubt his corpse could easily put up those numbers. Of course, if a 6-9 1/2 Cousins, with his 28" vertical, can put up 27-12 seasons, and in only 35 mpg, in the current NBA, well, we KNOW that a PRIME Chamberlain would just CARPET-BOMB these pathetic clowns masquerading around as centers today.

RRR3
11-05-2016, 01:48 AM
Cousins outweighs Wilt (in his huge scoring days) by a lot. Wilt would be flopping around like a rag doll trying to guard DMC. Maybe on a good day he'd "hold" him to 45.

HenryGarfunkle
11-05-2016, 01:48 AM
I'll see you in June.Goodluck
We're both Warriors fans but I'm actually a professional analyst... predicting how far teams will go is like breathing for me

I mean, the Spurs are literally the only threat to Golden State... both teams will likely be the first 2 seeds in the conference... therefore making a WCF visit for the Warriors a guaranteed destination.

And I'm not buying the Spurs.. so **** them, Warriors in 5

RoundMoundOfReb
11-05-2016, 01:58 AM
Cousins outweighs Wilt (in his huge scoring days) by a lot. Wilt would be flopping around like a rag doll trying to guard DMC. Maybe on a good day he'd "hold" him to 45.
Cousins=shaq
Wilt=rik smits

J Shuttlesworth
11-05-2016, 02:07 AM

Kevin Love is undefeated in playoff series. They definitely would have won in 2015 with him and Kyrie

jlip
11-05-2016, 02:07 AM
I would put my money on simple growing pains. Remember, the 2011 Heat started off 9-8, and everyone was overreacting as if that experiment would inevitably fail. Then they proceeded to win something like 20 of their next 22 games ending up with the 2nd best record in the conference. The Warriors will more than likely still win 60-65 games and be just fine by seasons end.

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 02:14 AM
Kevin Love is undefeated in playoff series. They definitely would have won in 2015 with him and Kyrie

No they wouldn't have. After all, LeQUIT's TEAMMATES, without Love and Kyrie, WON game two...you know, the game in which LeCHOKE shot 11-35, including a horrific 2-8 in the 4th quarter, and then his USUAL 0-4 in OT.

And then, after LeQUIT folded his tent in the pivotal game four...you know, 7-22 from the floor, and 5-10 from the line...the series was over. GS won easily in six.

Again, when both teams were at 100% in the '16 Finals... 3-1 Warriors, with two blowouts, and another solid win. If anything, Love's contributions were this... ZERO in their only win without him...and then his game-saving stop of Curry late in game seven. Other than that...not much.

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 02:16 AM
I would put my money on simple growing pains. Remember, the 2011 Heat started off 9-8, and everyone was overreacting as if that experiment would inevitably fail. Then they proceeded to win something like 20 of their next 22 games ending up with the 2nd best record in the conference. The Warriors will more than likely still win 60-65 games and be just fine by seasons end.

This.

They will likely win around 65 games, but Kerr won't push them beyond that. And the reality is, they are just so DEEP, that, barring injury, they are built to dominate in the post-season. They can play their starters 30-36 mpg in the playoffs, and still have three all stars on the floor for 48 minutes.

RRR3
11-05-2016, 02:18 AM
Wilt just can't hang with LeBron when it comes to great playoff runs. Ilt.

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 02:24 AM

You mean in QUIT jobs? Of course not. In fact, no other great is remotely close to LeQUIT in that category.

Now in terms of playoff PRODUCTION? LeShrinkage is, well, just TINY in comparison. Again...Wilt's playoff PRODUCTION...CAREER... 23-25-4= 52. Give him his certain 7-8 bpg (his KNOWN bpg average in his post-season career was 7.3)... = 59 to 60. We don't know his steals.

Of course, a PRIME Chamberlain was putting up 37-23-3 or 35-25-3 post-season runs, and again, with 7-8 bpg... 70-71.

LeCHOKE? 28-9-7-1..and even with 2 spg... 47.

A peak LeTiny... 35-9-7-2-1 or 54. Just PALES in comparison to the REAL GOAT.

moongaze
11-05-2016, 02:25 AM

:facepalm

The worriers were dominant in the first few games against a healthy cavs team that wasnt playing it's best ball and lacked confidence against the front runners after having a long losing streak against Silver State. After they adjusted, the healthy cavs went on to win 4 out of the next 5 games against *. 3 by a margin of 20 points per game. The healthy cavs won 3 out of the 3 matchups against the best version of Silver State. The only member missing from a healthy silver state happened to have a negative impact on his team. His team was badly outscored when he played. Andrew Bogus had the worst +/- of the golden state starters. He was worse than his replacement Ezeli. The worriers benefitted from his departure. The draymond green argument is retarded because by that point the cavs had the momentum. A 30 point ass whooping without a key starter and a late loss in a game they led the majority of.
Gaymond would have done nothing to stop a double 41 point assault from Kyrie and lebron. :no: hell, he played the next game and his daddy still dropped 41 on 'em.

Boy, I tell ya, these little kids never learn.

RRR3
11-05-2016, 02:28 AM
You mean in QUIT jobs? Of course not. In fact, no other great is remotely close to LeQUIT in that category.

Now in terms of playoff PRODUCTION? LeShrinkage is, well, just TINY in comparison. Again...Wilt's playoff PRODUCTION...CAREER... 23-25-4= 52. Give him his certain 7-8 bpg (his KNOWN bpg average in his post-season career was 7.3)... = 59 to 60. We don't know his steals.

Of course, a PRIME Chamberlain was putting up 37-23-3 or 35-25-3 post-season runs, and again, with 7-8 bpg... 70-71.

LeCHOKE? 28-9-7-1..and even with 2 spg... 47.

A peak LeTiny... 35-9-7-2-1 or 54. Just PALES in comparison to the REAL GOAT.
Pace. And MPG. LeBron scores at a higher rate.

His stats in the 60s would be like 50-16-15

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 02:33 AM

The worriers were dominant in the first few games against a healthy cavs team that wasnt playing it's best ball and lacked confidence against the front runners after having a long losing streak against Silver State. After they adjusted, the healthy cavs went on to win 4 out of the next 5 games against *. 3 by a margin of 20 points per game. The healthy cavs won 3 out of the 3 matchups against the best version of Silver State. The only member missing from a healthy silver state happened to have a negative impact on his team. His team was badly outscored when he played. Andrew Bogus had the worst +/- of the golden state starters. He was worse than his replacement Ezeli. The worriers benefitted from his departure. The draymond green argument is retarded because by that point the cavs had the momentum. A 30 point ass whooping without a key starter and a late loss in a game they led the majority of.
Gaymond would have done nothing to stop a double 41 point assault from Kyrie and lebron. :no: hell, he played the next game and his daddy still dropped 41 on 'em.

Boy, I tell ya, these little kids never learn.

The LePuke Stopper...Iguadala...you know the same guy who reduced LeQUIT to .351 shooting in the '15 Finals (and WAY below that in 4th quarters and OT), and then 16-42 in their regular season H2H's in '16, and then to games of 25-58 in the first three games of the '16 Finals (yes, only 9-20 against him in game three...he went 5-6 when he wasn't on the floor)...and then 8-18 before LePadder went for layups in three straight possessions at the end of game four)...and then 16-30, but only 2-7 in the 4th, in game five...

was INJURED early in game six, and was barely able to walk in that game. And even an injured Iggy STILL shut down Shrinkage in game seven (9-24, and 0-4 in the last four minutes.)

With a HEALTHY Iggy in games six and especially seven, and the Warriors win easily.

Spurs m8
11-05-2016, 02:34 AM
We're both Warriors fans but I'm actually a professional analyst... predicting how far teams will go is like breathing for me

So sorry, ESPN

Mr Feeny
11-05-2016, 02:40 AM

Lebron creams both chokers - Wilt and Kobe - in the finals. This man is melting down bc neither of his idols are a patch on the top 2 GOAT that is called Lefreak :lol

RRR3
11-05-2016, 02:42 AM
Lebron creams both chokers - Wilt and Kobe - in the finals. This man is melting down bc neither of his idols are a patch on the top 2 GOAT that is called Lefreak :lol
Kobe was a finals legend compared to Ilt.

Mr Feeny
11-05-2016, 02:43 AM
Kobe was a finals legend compared to Ilt.

Fair enough. Wilt was that bad. An 18 ppg finals scorer who singlehandedly cost his team mai please finals. Anyone is a legend in the finals compared to him

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 02:45 AM
Pace. And MPG. LeBron scores at a higher rate.

His stats in the 60s would be like 50-16-15

PACE? POSSESSIONS?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You are funny.

NO SUCH a THING. Now, FGAs and FTAs do exist.

How about LeCLANK in his '15 Finals? 36 ppg....on 33 FGAs per game!

How about Wilt in his '64 Finals? 29 ppg on 24 FGAs per game.

Give a '64 Wilt 33 FGAs per game in '15, and he would have averaged 40 ppg.

THEN, "paceologists" need to ADJUST league-wide (and post-season) eFG%'s, as well.

Wilt shot .517 from the floor in his '64 Finals, in a post-season that shot .420 (and without looking it up, probably around .400 in that Finals)...

Shrinkage shot an eFG% of .431 in the '15 Finals, in a Finals in which the two teams combined to shoot a eFG% of .467.

Using the .420 mark from Wilt's '64 post-season (and not the .400 that was probably in the Finals)...Chamberlain would have shot an ADJUSTED .575 in '15. Or another 7 more FGM in his '64 Finals...or another 2 ppg...or 42 ppg in '15 at the same rate that the Jester was scoring 36 ppg on.

RRR3
11-05-2016, 02:46 AM
Fair enough. Wilt was that bad. An 18 ppg finals scorer who singlehandedly cost his team mai please finals. Anyone is a legend in the finals compared to him
Seriously. You'd have better luck relying on Matt Bonner in the finals than Ilt.

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 02:47 AM

Wilt's TEAMMATES, including Mr. Clutch, COST Chamberlain mul Finals (and mui playoff series.)

Hell, Wilt was a Greer turnover, and an Egan turnover away from 2 more rings. Just like LeQUIT was a Ray three, and a Kyrie three, away from two less rings.

RRR3
11-05-2016, 02:47 AM
PACE? POSSESSIONS?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You are funny.

NO SUCH a THING. Now, FGAs and FTAs do exist.

How about LeCLANK in his '15 Finals? 36 ppg....on 33 FGAs per game!

How about Wilt in his '64 Finals? 29 ppg on 24 FGAs per game.

Give a '64 Wilt 33 FGAs per game in '15, and he would have averaged 40 ppg.

THEN, "paceologists" need to ADJUST league-wide (and post-season) eFG%'s, as well.

Wilt shot .517 from the floor in his '64 Finals, in a post-season that shot .420 (and without looking it up, probably around .400 in that Finals)...

Shrinkage shot an eFG% of .431 in the '15 Finals, in a Finals in which the two teams combined to shoot a eFG% of .467.

Using the .420 mark from Wilt's '64 post-season (and not the .400 that was probably in the Finals)...Chamberlain would have shot an ADJUSTED .575 in '15. Or another 7 more FGM in his '64 Finals...or another 2 ppg...or 42 ppg in '15 at the same rate that the Jester was scoring 36 ppg on.
Criticizes LeBron for 36 PPG on 33 shots

Wilt is the GOAT for 29 PPG on 24 shots

LeBron averaged 29 PPG this past finals btw. And I know it didn't take him 24 shots. LeBron>>>>>>Ilt

K.

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 02:51 AM

Kobe was a KEY factor in FIVE rings. In fact, without Kobe's DOMINATION of the Spurs in '01 and '02, and Shaq has two less rings.

Wilt OUTPLAYED Russell in EVERY H2H playoff series.

Of course, even John Wooden has been on record as saying that had Wilt and Russell swapped rosters (and coaches), and it would have been WILT holding all those rings.

LeQUIT?

Take away a Ray three, and a Kyrie three...and guess what? ONE ring.

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 02:59 AM
Seriously. You'd have better luck relying on Matt Bonner in the finals than Ilt.

How about Wilt in his Finals...

19 ppg, 25 rpg (all-time record BTW), and on a .559 eFG%. BTW, his opposing centers in those Finals (all in the HOF)... a .439 eFG%.

How about Wilt in his Finals game seven's? 20 ppg, 26 rpg, and on a .708 eFG%. How about his two opposing HOF centers in those games... 5 ppg, 12 rpg, and on a .333 eFG%.

Of course, the REAL Finals in the decade of the 60's were the Celtics vs WILT. And how did Wilt do in those Finals? Ok, ONE series of 12-25 .500. The rest? 22-25-7; 22-32-10 .556 (and just obliterated Russell in EVERY statistical category): 28-30 .509; 29-28 .517; 30-31-3 .555; 31-27 .500; and 34-27.

And again, Wilt either outplayed, or downright destroyed Russell in EVERY one of their EIGHT post-season H2H series.

Meanwhile, LePuke was getting outplayed by Jason Terry; a raw Kawhi, and a bench player Iggy in three of his Finals, and put up a HORRIFIC Finals in '07, in which virtually every player the Spurs had played better than he did.

Mr Feeny
11-05-2016, 03:00 AM
Kobe was a KEY factor in FIVE rings. In fact, without Kobe's DOMINATION of the Spurs in '01 and '02, and Shaq has two less rings.

Of course, even John Wooden has been on record as saying that had Wilt and Russell swapped rosters (and coaches), and it would have been WILT holding all those rings.

LeQUIT?

Absolutely agree that 15 ppg on 36% shooting is considered being a huge factor in a title ring :Lebronamazed:

Who cares what John Wooden says. Mr Feeny says that had they swapped rosters, the Celtics would have been the ones who choked and would have been ringless.

SouBeachTalents
11-05-2016, 03:01 AM

LeQUIT?

So you diminish LeBron's titles based off literally one shot, but Kobe winning 3 of his titles as the teams second best player isn't an issue :lol

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 03:06 AM
Criticizes LeBron for 36 PPG on 33 shots

Wilt is the GOAT for 29 PPG on 24 shots

LeBron averaged 29 PPG this past finals btw. And I know it didn't take him 24 shots. LeBron>>>>>>Ilt

K.

LeClank averaged 30 ppg on 24 FGAs in the '16 Finals (.533 eFG%). BUT, the two teams combined to shoot an eFG% of .509.

How about Wilt in his '65 "Finals" (yes, the Finals....he took his team to a game seven, one point loss against the 62-18 Celtics...who went on to rout the Lakers in the Finals, 4-1, which included two 30+ point wins, and a clinching 129-96 blowout)...

30 ppg on 21 FGAs, and on an eFG% of .555 (and a TS% of .575 BTW), in a Finals in which the two teams combined to shoot an eFG% of .413 (and a TS% of .465.)

Along with 31 rpg, 3 apg, and 7 bpg.

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 03:08 AM
So you diminish LeBron's titles based off literally one shot, but Kobe winning 3 of his titles as the teams second best player isn't an issue :lol

I am merely pointing out those that claim that Kobe was "robin" in his three Finals with Shaq. He was THE reason they even made the Finals in '01 and '02, and in fact, had a great Finals in '02.

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 03:13 AM
Absolutely agree that 15 ppg on 36% shooting is considered being a huge factor in a title ring :Lebronamazed:

Who cares what John Wooden says. Mr Feeny says that had they swapped rosters, the Celtics would have been the ones who choked and would have been ringless.

Listen Feeble...

Wilt was carrying last place and vastly outgunned teams to within an eyelash of beating HOF stacked Celtic teams on NUMEROUS occasions.

And given that Russell was putting up Finals of 18-25-6 .702; 20-26-5; 22-27-5 .543; and 24-25 .538 against the Lakers in the 60's...

And given that Wilt had 42 40+ point games, in 86 total, against the Lakers in the his regular season H2H's...but never faced them even one game in the post-season...

well, Chamberlain would likely own every post-season, and Finals, scoring and efficiency record.

As for Kobe's '00 Finals...

how about your boy (well, your boy now...since you were openly a Curry fan until he choked away the '16 Finals) in his '07 Finals. A .356 FG%, and in the sweeping clincher... 10-30 from the floor, and 2-6 from the line...in a one point loss.

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 03:18 AM

BTW Feeble...check out ESPN's LATEST POLL...

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/17489819/kobe-bryant-nba-best-player-michael-jordan

60,000 voters, and even SHAQ agree that Kobe has been the greatest player since MJ.

Kind of SHITS on the RIDICULOUS ESPN Top-50 list, which came from an unknown and small list of sports writers and editors. You know...the list that ESPN most certainly DEMANDED that their LeQUIT would be ranked #3 on.

DoctorP
11-05-2016, 03:33 AM
Growing pains. Still, I am enjoying it.

LAZERUSS
11-05-2016, 03:36 AM

BTW, you do know that I have Lebron ranked ahead of Kobe, right?

Just not much higher.

I have Lebron at #8, with Kobe, Bird, Dr. J, and Moses in the next four slots.

Uncle Drew
11-05-2016, 05:14 AM
The Warriors will acquire Tyson Chandler.

AirFederer
11-05-2016, 05:19 AM
http://66.media.tumblr.com/c794ffa976bc3947de9444d21eed090f/tumblr_ntc78f9iQ01tuy8zto2_500.jpg

aj1987
11-05-2016, 05:19 AM
Lozerus, give it up, dude. Your roided mental midget choker of a lover literally has no chance of making the top 15. Dude was a scrub. Wade scored more points than that loser in fewer games in the PO's.