PDA

View Full Version : I have to say, I've acquired quite the liking for the Lakers

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Dont know whats changed, but man they have an interesting, good team this year... really enjoyable to watch.

J Shuttlesworth
11-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Agreed. It's like they were cured of cancer

Mr Feeny
11-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Agreed with the two posters above. I cant quite put my finger on it but something has changed and this year they're playing with much more unselfishness and team play.
I quite love them:applause:

Hoopz2332
11-05-2016, 11:32 AM
..it's like they were being held back by something very cancerous but now they're cured:pimp:

Mr Feeny
11-05-2016, 11:33 AM
..it's like they were being held back by something very cancerous but now they're cured:pimp:

I can't quite put a finger on what that thing is:lol

BigKAT
11-05-2016, 11:41 AM
They look unburdened.
Just playing Basketball.

Hey Yo
11-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Plays are being called and actually executed!?!?!?!?!?

:biggums:

red1
11-05-2016, 11:58 AM
Agreed. Hard to put a finger on it but there's no doubt they are a much more exciting and rapist-free team.

AirBonner
11-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Agreed. Hard to put a finger on it but there's no doubt they are a much more exciting and rapist-free team.
Agree. Rapist-free has to be it

juju151111
11-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Yea they seem to be playing free without a burden. I don't know what brought about this change through.

KOBEtherealKing
11-05-2016, 12:26 PM
:facepalm

KungFuJoe
11-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Just come out and say it already.

**** KOBE!!!!!

keep-itreal
11-05-2016, 12:34 PM
the snitch is still on the team so I don't know what you guys are talking about

Real14
11-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Dont know whats changed, but man they have an interesting, good
team this year... really enjoyable to watch.
Stop trolling. We know you have an agenda with this thread man. MODS?

jayfan
11-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Dont know whats changed, but man they have an interesting, good team this year... really enjoyable to watch.

Yes, there was a major change with huge impact, but it's not Kobe-related.

Byron Scott is no longer the coach. That's the difference.

jayfan
11-05-2016, 12:47 PM

Yep. Got rid of Byron Scott. Coaching does matter.

tpols
11-05-2016, 12:59 PM
... (https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/794774898283380736) :eek:
Kobe's rekindling his teammate's love for the game in retirement and beyond.

Inspirational.

Mr Feeny
11-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Yep. Got rid of Byron Scott. Coaching does matter.

Not quite. I feel like something on the court was messing up the teamwork. Some sort of cancer. Can't quite put my finger on it .

jayfan
11-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Not quite. I feel like something on the court was messing up the teamwork. Some sort of cancer. Can't quite put my finger on it .

I understand your angle, but it's incorrect. Scott was the cancer.

Mr Feeny
11-05-2016, 01:22 PM
I understand your angle, but it's incorrect. Scott was the cancer.

No my dawg. Something on the court is distinctly different and has nothing to do with coaching either:lol

fiddy
11-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Thank you based mamba :bowdown:

Mr. Jabbar
11-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Luke.

Walton.

No room here for you bandwaggoners though.

Kawhi
11-05-2016, 03:16 PM
If only their fans wouldn't be such huge ******s.

nba_55
11-05-2016, 03:18 PM
Agreed. It's like they were cured of cancer
:D

SwayDizzle
11-05-2016, 03:23 PM
the usual scum circle jerking over a tired joke.

scuzzy
11-05-2016, 04:08 PM
12th.

:roll:

Bosnian Sajo
11-05-2016, 04:36 PM
No my dawg. Something on the court is distinctly different and has nothing to do with coaching either:lol

..It has everything to do with coaching though, lol. Walton has literally implemented the Warriors (former Warriors) offense and ball movement is key. Byron Scott was literally the worst head coach who would bench our key players (D'angelo and Randle) for no apparent reason. Never ran plays, either...mostly iso. :rolleyes:

Of course Kobe wasn't as good last year as he usually is, but the majority of the blame goes to Scott, everyone who actually watched Lakers games last year and this year agree.

Big difference actually having a mobile big body down low in Mozgov, but like I said Walton is key here. His offense is making Nick Young and Lou Williams play the best basketball they have in their careers, Swaggy's new nickname is Swaggy D now ffs. He used to be notorious for not playing D, and honestly up till now in this young season he's been our best 2 way player.

I know you're trying to troll, I get it, Saturdays are slow for you with no school...but the coaching changes are the main reason why we did a 180.

Smoke117
11-05-2016, 04:36 PM
If only their fans wouldn't be such huge ******s.

As we have seen by the constant stupid threads since they beat the Warriors...that will never stop.

Doranku
11-05-2016, 04:47 PM
..It has everything to do with coaching though, lol. Walton has literally implemented the Warriors (former Warriors) offense and ball movement is key. Byron Scott was literally the worst head coach who would bench our key players (D'angelo and Randle) for no apparent reason. Never ran plays, either...mostly iso. :rolleyes:

Of course Kobe wasn't as good last year as he usually is, but the majority of the blame goes to Scott, everyone who actually watched Lakers games last year and this year agree.

Big difference actually having a mobile big body down low in Mozgov, but like I said Walton is key here. His offense is making Nick Young and Lou Williams play the best basketball they have in their careers, Swaggy's new nickname is Swaggy D now ffs. He used to be notorious for not playing D, and honestly up till now in this young season he's been our best 2 way player.

I know you're trying to troll, I get it, Saturdays are slow for you with no school...but the coaching changes are the main reason why we did a 180.

Why even bother? None of these losers have even watched the Lakers play this season outside of maybe a few minutes during last night's game.

knicksman
11-05-2016, 07:25 PM
You know youre a fakkit if youre a nadal fanboy:lol

AnaheimLakers24
11-05-2016, 07:29 PM
looks like the lakers are back!!!

Uncle Drew
11-05-2016, 07:31 PM
looks like the lakers are back!!!
Championship or bust. No excuses.

warriorfan
11-05-2016, 07:54 PM
real reason op likes lakers

he is a huge fan of snitching

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400905

Nick Young
11-05-2016, 07:57 PM
It's because we beat the warriors.

3'Angelo>Curry
0-10
The whole world bore witness to the slaughter

Jump on board the bandwagon bro:rockon:

Us true Laker fans are always somewhat welcoming to incoming bandwagoners

Nick Young
11-05-2016, 07:59 PM
real reason op likes lakers

he is a huge fan of snitching

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400905
Do you know anything about Steph Curry's consecutive games with a three pointer streak?

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/53242996.jpg

NZStreetBaller
11-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Get out of here bandwagoners we loyal lakers fans dont want you.

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Get out of here bandwagoners we loyal lakers fans dont want you.

Its "us" you flaming moron

warriorfan
11-05-2016, 08:20 PM
Do you know anything about Steph Curry's consecutive games with a three pointer streak?

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/53242996.jpg

what?

Bosnian Sajo
11-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Its "us" you flaming moron

He can use "we" as well :facepalm :lol

Rent Free
11-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Who wouldn't? They look exciting, young, and play a fast-paced brand of basketball.

Heck they're a completely different team, no more isos for a dude missing 70% of his shots.

Its like if Magic got cured of HIV and came back 100% in '95, a completely different player.

The Lakers are free! No longer chained down by that cancer (not talking about Byron Scott)

ArbitraryWater
11-05-2016, 09:38 PM
He can use "we" as well :facepalm :lol

Nobody does, sounds dumb. Don't back him, he'll never change

knicksman
11-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Who wouldn't? They look exciting, young, and play a fast-paced brand of basketball.

Heck they're a completely different team, no more isos for a dude missing 70% of his shots.

Its like if Magic got cured of HIV and came back 100% in '95, a completely different player.

The Lakers are free! No longer chained down by that cancer (not talking about Byron Scott)

you can tell a loser if hes a troll:lol

boldarblood
11-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Honestly as a Kobe fan and a Lakers fan it is a bit true about Kobe, but not because of the troll reasons listed.

Kobe at that point in his age/career should not be a part of a rebuild. Lakers are in full rebuild mode with young players on the way. It was time for to let the young ones have the reigns to the franchise.

And its very freeing for these young players to be out of the shadow of KFT. But at the same point what an experience for these kids to see a true pro like Kobe in his final year. Kobe has done all he needs to do in the NBA, nothing more to prove. He goes down as one of the top 8-15 best players in NBA history, no shame in that game.

The biggest thing of all though is getting out from under Scott. That dude has no business being a NBA coach, he is not a good coach in today's nba. He also appeared to have an agenda with DLo, for whatever reason. DLo appears to be growing into a very good pro under Luke. Luke should be a great coach for this young roster.

NZStreetBaller
11-05-2016, 10:47 PM
It is true to a certain degree. Kobe was just too old and too stubborn to take a back seat to anyone but at the same time some of these rookies have more experience. There are new players and a new coach. They look rejuvenated.

So although kobe not being there DOES help. It isnt the only or primary reason this team looks good right now.

EllEffEll
11-06-2016, 02:08 AM
We'll never know what Byron Scott was truly capable of. He was handcuffed by KB's presence, and then took one for the team. I have my doubts that Mitch and Jim Bob gave him the authority to do as he pleased on Kobe's farewell tour. I think that also made him lose respect within the team. Once his micro-pimphand was exposed, it was all downhill. Last season was always going to be a kamikaze mission no matter took the job.

As nice as it was to have them kick GS's butt last night, I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic and see how they do on a consistent basis. Simply making the playoffs would be a huge improvement.

At any rate, no one can take that victory away from them. Well done to the team and staff.