PDA

View Full Version : Should the sixers blow it up?

Unreal234
11-05-2016, 07:42 PM
I don't see them going anywhere for a while.

RedBlackAttack
11-05-2016, 07:44 PM
wut

Kblaze8855
11-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Blow what up? There is barely a foundation in place. You cant blow up nothing. At this point it would just be planting trees back in the field they just cleared to consider building something.

Unreal234
11-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Blow what up? There is barely a foundation in place. You cant blow up nothing. At this point it would just be planting trees back in the field they just cleared to consider building something.

good point. i was thinking more about trading okafore or noel.

RedBlackAttack
11-05-2016, 08:15 PM
good point. i was thinking more about trading okafore or noel.
They likely will trade one of those guys at some point down the road, but I never liking trading when I don't have any leverage. Everyone in the league knows their team doesn't make sense as currently constructed, so they're not going to give up the kind of assets an Okafor or Noel would/should net the Sixers. They'd get a fraction of their worth, more than likely.

The Sixers aren't going anywhere any time soon. I'd give them all some burn in different lineups, try to figure out which of those two guys are foundational pieces and go from there.

No one really even knows how good those guys are, especially Okafor. He was a blue chip recruit coming out of high school and some argued he should have been the #1 pick in the draft. What if the Sixers trade him for scraps and he ends up living up to that kind of billing?

LilEddyCurry
11-05-2016, 08:20 PM
Looking back it was quite stupid to draft three centers even if at the time they were the best player (or asset in the eyes of Hinkie) available. Now their value have dropped due to the fact that Sixers are unable to retain them all...

Rent Free
11-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Trade Noel for Curry, start the rebuild again

Bankaii
11-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Blow what up, there's nothing to blow up.
After all the shit seasons there's finally something to look forward to.
Simmons will come back and fit into the point forward role, Embiid looks great, Saris is getting there. And it's another tank year so they'll draft a guard to fill one of spots they need.

Once everyone is healthy they'll experiment and see if Noel/Embiid or Okafor/Embiid is better and trade either Noel/Okafor to get the other guard spot.

Just shut up and #trusttheprocess.