PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie 3/17, 8 points

JT123
11-05-2016, 09:54 PM
Not quite ready to be the alpha just yet :durantunimpressed:

Rent Free
11-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Dude looks absolutely clueless on the court, I can't believe people think he's a difference maker :oldlol:

And he nearly cost the game with that bad turnover in the end, there's a reason the guy didn't make the all-star game :lol :banana:

scuzzy
11-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Clevelands "closer" :facepalm :rolleyes:

FKAri
11-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Also, DWade tonight: 4pts, 0a, 1r on 1/9 shooting

This was Lebron's help. How great is our gawd? :bowdown: :bowdown:

Lord P
11-05-2016, 10:04 PM
It's one game, he's been a stud so far before this incident. Although the people that say he's a liability when he's not scoring are completely right.

SouBeachTalents
11-05-2016, 10:13 PM
How'd he play in the Finals?

RedBlackAttack
11-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Seriously, guys? :oldlol:

Totally out-played every PG he went up against in the playoffs, including Curry in the Finals, was averaging 26+ points per game coming into tonight's game on ridiculous efficiency.

One bad game (which they won) and OMGZ he's trurrible.

Rent Free
11-05-2016, 10:18 PM
How'd he play in the Finals?

Didnt lead the Cavs in any single stat category, got outscored, outassisted, outrebounded, out-stealed, and outblocked by lebron

GrapeApe
11-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Irving is coming off a of 25/5/3 on 48% championship run and averaged 26/4/4 on 48% through the first 5 games this season. He was going to have an off night at some point.

RedBlackAttack
New alt detected.

Rent Free

Totally out-played every PG he went up against in the playoffs, including Curry in the Finals, was averaging 26+ points per game coming into tonight's game on ridiculous efficiency.

Did you see him throw the ball away in the last minute and almost cost the game tonight?

He almost lost them the championship doing that in Game 7 with 30 seconds left.

He ran with the ball for no reason and almost threw the ball in Draymond's hands once he jumped with no where to go.

Dude isnt the brightest kid on the block.

C-Green
11-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Some overreacting mofo's on this board.

Smoke117
11-05-2016, 10:23 PM
The thing is though...Kyrie is useless if he's not scoring. If this was Lebron you could at least say...well he'll still play some good defense, grab boards, and make others around him better with his playmaking skill...but with Kyrie? If he isn't scoring...he's useless.

plowking
11-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Rodriguez who he was guarding a lot of the game is such a nice player. I can't believe he had to go back to Europe and play. He was a talented player even when he was in the NBA on his first stint. Honestly one of the best passers and playmakers in the NBA. Should be playing for a better team as a back up or even starter.

Nilocon165
11-05-2016, 10:24 PM
New alt detected.
Youre a mod, get rid of him.

Bankaii
11-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Rodriguez who he was guarding a lot of the game is such a nice player. I can't believe he had to go back to Europe and play. He was a talented player even when he was in the NBA on his first stint. Honestly one of the best passers and playmakers in the NBA. Should be playing for a better team as a back up or even starter.
Good spot. Ive watched every Sixers game this season and the guy just had great fundamentals and control over running an offense.
I don't think he's good enough to be a starter but he'd be the perfect backup for a contending offensive team like the Clippers.

plowking
11-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Good spot. Ive watched every Sixers game this season and the guy just had great fundamentals and control over running an offense.
I don't think he's good enough to be a starter but he'd be the perfect backup for a contending offensive team like the Clippers.

Yeah, Clippers would be a great fit. They seem to lose control of the game when Paul sits, and Sergio has that type of calmness and poise to his game that Paul has, to know when to go and when to slow it down.

Would be a much better option for them than Crawford running the bench mob.

Wally450
11-05-2016, 11:03 PM
So he has a bad game... I love this site. :oldlol:

ball247
11-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Just saving it for the playoffs

Meticode
11-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Youre a mod, get rid of him.
Mods can't ban here.

NBAGOAT
11-05-2016, 11:18 PM
it's a bad game and happens to every player. I'm still interested in seeing when the other guys who have had hot starts will have a bad game. Kawhi already kind of had one tonight(3/13 14 points) but still waiting on guys like harden, derozan, westbrook(i'm talking like 4/20 10 points not many rebs/ass bad).

D-Wait
11-05-2016, 11:19 PM
And he nearly cost the game with that bad turnover in the end, there's a reason the guy didn't make the all-star game :lol :banana:

lol

pedromarinho
11-05-2016, 11:26 PM
We're just talking about the guy that won LeBeta a schip with his clutchness.

SpaceJam
11-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Dude looks absolutely clueless on the court, I can't believe people think he's a difference maker :oldlol:

This alt didn't last long :)

https://66.media.tumblr.com/b30e951cc688293950d7db80dfd83140/tumblr_mku6266ycG1s5ty3yo1_500.gif

Nilocon165
11-05-2016, 11:29 PM
This alt didn't last long :)

https://66.media.tumblr.com/b30e951cc688293950d7db80dfd83140/tumblr_mku6266ycG1s5ty3yo1_500.gif
Thats the funniest shit bro :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dray N Klay finally gets an alt activated after being banned for awhile then proceeds to get banned on the first day :roll:

RedBlackAttack
11-05-2016, 11:31 PM
Did you see him throw the ball away in the last minute and almost cost the game tonight?

He almost lost them the championship doing that in Game 7 with 30 seconds left.

He ran with the ball for no reason and almost threw the ball in Draymond's hands once he jumped with no where to go.

Dude isnt the brightest kid on the block.
You know what he also did in the last minute of Game 7? He hit one of the biggest shots in NBA history and THE most important shot in Cavaliers franchise history. It was an incredibly difficuly step-back long three in the face of the unanimous back-to-back MVP. Also, that was the play they drew up out of the timeout. The Cavs got exactly what they wanted... in to Irving with Thompson defending, a screen set to get Curry switched on him, have Kyrie attack Curry... and then he delivered. To be more specific, on the most important possession in franchise history, the coaches and LeBron himself made a conscious decision to let Kyrie create a shot for himself... and he deliverered perfectly.

That would be enough, you would think, after he averaged 30+ points on insane efficiency in the 3 elimination games, and also playing 40+ minutes a night on a team that was shutting down one of the best offensive teams ever.

Sounds like plenty, right?

But no, that's not all he did in the final minute. After the play you are hilariously attempting to use as an indictment of his game, he received the ball again with 15 seconds left and a ticking shot clock with the Cavs up just 3. Instead of just standing there and letting the clock tick down only to heave a horrible contested jumper -- something most guys probably would have done in that crazy tense moment, he chose a different, better method. He immediately attacked the basket, forcing Golden State's interior defense to collapse and then he layed off a perfect pass to LeBron, who was charging to the rim by that point. With Kyrie taking the Warriors' defense by surprise and getting them totally out of position, they had no choice but to foul LeBron as he attempted what would have been the game-ending dunk.

That play was 100% orchestrated by Kyrie and he showed great chemistry with LeBron in that crucial moment. James hit 1 of 2 free throws to essentially sinch the game.

So, that's what I remember from Kyrie Irving in the last minute of the 2016 NBA Finals. The fact that you choose to focus on some other thing that didn't even end up negatively impacting the team or having any effect on the game just shows your bias. It says more about you and whatever agenda you're pushing than it does Kyrie as a player.

pedromarinho
11-05-2016, 11:34 PM
You know what he also did in the last minute of Game 7? He hit one of the biggest shots in NBA history and THE most important shot in Cavaliers franchise history. It was an incredibly difficuly step-back long three in the face of the unanimous back-to-back MVP. Also, that was the play they drew up out of the timeout. The Cavs got exactly what they wanted... in to Irving with Thompson defending, a screen set to get Curry switched on him, have Kyrie attack Curry... and then he delivered. To be more specific, on the most important possession in franchise history, the coaches and LeBron himself made a conscious decision to let Kyrie create a shot for himself... and he deliverered perfectly.

That would be enough, you would think, after averaging 30+ points on insane efficiency and also playing 40+ minutes a night on a team that was shutting down one of the best offensive teams ever.

But no, that's not all he did in the final minute. After the play you are hilariously attempting to use as an indictment of his game, he received the ball again with 15 seconds left and a ticking shot clock with the Cavs up just 3. Instead of just standing there and letting the clock tick down only to heave a horrible contested jumper -- something most guys probably would have done in that crazy tense moment. Instead, he immediately attacked the basket, forcing Golden State's interior defense to collapse and then he layed off a perfect pass to LeBron, who was charging to the rim by that point. With Kyrie taking the Warriors' defense by surprise and getting them totally out of position, they had no choice but to foul LeBron as he attempted what would have been the game-ending dunk.

That play was 100% orchestrated by Kyrie and he showed great chemistry with LeBron in that crucial moment. James hit 1 of 2 free throws to essentially sinch the game.

So, that's what I remember from those are the things I remember from Kyrie Irving in the last mibute of the 2016 NBA Finals. The fact that you choose to focus on some other thing that didn't even end up negatively impact the team or have any effect on the game just shows your bias. It says more about you and whatever agenda you're pushing than it does Kyrie as a player.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

HenryGarfunkle
11-05-2016, 11:36 PM

That would be enough, you would think, after he averaged 30+ points on insane efficiency in the 3 elimination games, and also playing 40+ minutes a night on a team that was shutting down one of the best offensive teams ever.

But no, that's not all he did in the final minute. After the play you are hilariously attempting to use as an indictment of his game, he received the ball again with 15 seconds left and a ticking shot clock with the Cavs up just 3. Instead of just standing there and letting the clock tick down only to heave a horrible contested jumper -- something most guys probably would have done in that crazy tense moment. Instead, he immediately attacked the basket, forcing Golden State's interior defense to collapse and then he layed off a perfect pass to LeBron, who was charging to the rim by that point. With Kyrie taking the Warriors' defense by surprise and getting them totally out of position, they had no choice but to foul LeBron as he attempted what would have been the game-ending dunk.

So, that's what I remember from those are the things I remember from Kyrie Irving in the last mibute of the 2016 NBA Finals. The fact that you choose to focus on some other thing that didn't even end up negatively impact the team or have any effect on the game just shows your bias. It says more about you and whatever agenda you're pushing than it does Kyrie as a player.
You ban a guy and then make a post he can't respond to. :lol

Don't ever talk about how weak KD's decision was. You're the coward.

RedBlackAttack
11-05-2016, 11:41 PM
You ban a guy and then make a post he can't respond to. :lol

Don't ever talk about how weak KD's decision was. You're the coward.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I didn't ban anyone. Didn't even know he was banned. But, by all means, attack me for no reason whatsoever.

spidey102279
11-05-2016, 11:42 PM
Kyrie and Bron had a bad shooting night but Cavs still managed to win unlike the Warriors. lol

Cavs superstars bad shooting night = win by close game
Warriors superstars bad shooting night = loss by a blowout

Uh-oh this is a bad thing for the other teams, how can you beat a team who in their bad night can still salvage a win?

MP.Trey
11-06-2016, 12:11 AM
Trade him. He's useless. I'd rather have Ish Smith.

HenryGarfunkle
11-06-2016, 12:15 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I didn't ban anyone. Didn't even know he was banned. But, by all means, attack me for no reason whatsoever.
Who banned him then? You're the only active mod these days. I'm sure you can find that information because it's a load of BS that dudes suspiciously get banned for no ****ing reason.

Nilocon165
11-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Who banned him then? You're the only active mod these days. I'm sure you can find that information because it's a load of BS that dudes suspiciously get banned for no ****ing reason.
https://media.giphy.com/media/26uf2AQtSH5gg1egM/giphy.gif

Hey Yo
11-06-2016, 12:39 AM
He talked bad about Kyrie. Nobody puts Kyrie in the corner.

tpols
11-06-2016, 12:48 AM

But no, that's not all he did in the final minute. After the play you are hilariously attempting to use as an indictment of his game, he received the ball again with 15 seconds left and a ticking shot clock with the Cavs up just 3. Instead of just standing there and letting the clock tick down only to heave a horrible contested jumper -- something most guys probably would have done in that crazy tense moment, he chose a different, better method. He immediately attacked the basket, forcing Golden State's interior defense to collapse and then he layed off a perfect pass to LeBron, who was charging to the rim by that point. With Kyrie taking the Warriors' defense by surprise and getting them totally out of position, they had no choice but to foul LeBron as he attempted what would have been the game-ending dunk.

So, that's what I remember from Kyrie Irving in the last minute of the 2016 NBA Finals. The fact that you choose to focus on some other thing that didn't even end up negatively impacting the team or having any effect on the game just shows your bias. It says more about you and whatever agenda you're pushing than it does Kyrie as a player.

you just got trolled by dray n klay smh..

ShawkFactory
11-06-2016, 01:10 AM
Jesus Christ people. Kyries job is to score, particularly in the half court.

I used to be one of those who crucified him for not offering much when he's not scoring.

But he has Lebron James by his side. He doesn't need to offer anything else right now. He knows his role and he does it well. Better than pretty much anybody would.

Bad games happen. We'll revisit this when he goes off for 40+ on Curry in the finals again.

spidey102279
11-06-2016, 02:27 AM
Jesus Christ people. Kyries job is to score, particularly in the half court.

I used to be one of those who crucified him for not offering much when he's not scoring.

But he has Lebron James by his side. He doesn't need to offer anything else right now. He knows his role and he does it well. Better than pretty much anybody would.

Bad games happen. We'll revisit this when he goes off for 40+ on Curry in the finals again.

This. I like how kyrie know his role now, to score and let playmaking to Bron.

AintNoSunshine
11-06-2016, 02:37 AM

RBA what do you think of his playmaking ability? Cavs relying heavily on Lebron as the sole playmaker is going to hinder their chance against great competition. I thought Kyrie needs to learn to playmake better, even tho this may be deliberately designed by the coaching staff to have Kyrie look to score every single time. But I thought Cavs would be more difficult to game plan against if Kyrie could also make plays for the shooters along side Bron

alenleomessi
11-06-2016, 02:55 AM
Yeah, Clippers would be a great fit. They seem to lose control of the game when Paul sits, and Sergio has that type of calmness and poise to his game that Paul has, to know when to go and when to slow it down.

Would be a much better option for them than Crawford running the bench mob.
Clips bench ran by rivers and crawford is destroying teams this season so i have to disagree

Sergio is a nice player though its been known for years

C-Green
11-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Kyrie and Bron had a bad shooting night but Cavs still managed to win unlike the Warriors. lol

Cavs superstars bad shooting night = win by close game
Warriors superstars bad shooting night = loss by a blowout

Uh-oh this is a bad thing for the other teams, how can you beat a team who in their bad night can still salvage a win?
Reality check. It was the Damn Sixers.

Uncle Drew
11-06-2016, 07:36 AM
Reality check. It was the Damn Sixers.
The Lakers aren't much better.

Mr Feeny
11-06-2016, 08:33 AM

He's the best mod on here by far.

moongaze
11-06-2016, 01:59 PM

Yea, I can't believe that people think that the guy that made the tie breaking shot in game 7 of the finals is a difference maker

Orlando Magic
11-06-2016, 02:46 PM
Kyrie is a great shooter and scorer and that's where it stops. He's extremely important to this team but make no mistake he has been MASSIVELY overrated since playing next to LeBron.

He's not a particularity smart player but he's also no Javale Mcgee.

The truth is in the middle people. It usually is.

moongaze
11-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Kyrie is a great shooter and scorer and that's where it stops. He's extremely important to this team but make no mistake he has been MASSIVELY overrated since playing next to LeBron.

He's not a particularity smart player but he's also no Javale Mcgee.

The truth is in the middle people. It usually is.

You must not be on the net much if you think he's been massively overrated. If anything he's been massively underrated. He gets the most criticism of any of the top point guards and a lot of people don't even have him as a top 5 pg even after the finals

scuzzy
11-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Can someone fish the Cavaliers record the past 2.25 years without Lebron, on a Kyrie/Love led team?

If memory recalls, it's what 4-13? :rolleyes:

CTbasketball92
11-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Can someone fish the Cavaliers record the past 2.25 years without Lebron, on a Kyrie/Love led team?

If memory recalls, it's what 4-13? :rolleyes:

I think there were too many extenuating factors. On one hand, the cavs were barely over .500 for the first half of 2014-2015, and things turned around for the better when they got JR smith shunpert and mozgov. LeBron really didn't come back until after those additions. Then, Kyrie wasn't 100% for a big chunk of last year, so that distorts the results again somewhat.

With all that said, kyrie is pretty much the perfect offensive player, so I never really saw much much room for improvement. He's capable of outplaying anyone, but Kyrie doesn't come with the sort of guaranteed impact of the true superstars in my opinion. I don't think he's ever been able to score at an elite level while also distributing the rock well, and his court sense is somewhat questionable. Adding on to that, he doesn't get to the line nearly enough for someone with his explosive quickness. Because of that, when his "bad games" come it's usually goad awful. What I'm noticing is that Damian Lillard has a better court sense and actually appears to be better at imposing his will to score than Kyrie, while Kyrie just scores more effortlessly. If kyrie had what Lowry's intangibles and court sense, he'd no question be better than Stephen curry.

RedBlackAttack
11-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Believe what you want. If I banned him, I would say I banned him... or not say anything at all. But again, if it makes you feel better to think I couldn't handle his sound reasoning and well articulated arguments and therefore had to shut him down, that's fine too. Don't know why I would have bothered engaging him in conversation if I intended to ban him, but hey... it makes sense to you, apparently. Truth is, I haven't banned anyone in at least 6 months. It has been since we lost PM capabilities, so whenever that was.

RedBlackAttack
11-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Interesting story in Jason Lloyd's "23 Thoughts" article following last night's game:

[QUOTE] 3. Irving, Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith arrived to the arena in an Uber. An Uber that picked them up on the side of the road. That qualifies as the weirdest part of the night.

4. The Cavs