PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is either an absolute freak or on drugs

NZStreetBaller
11-05-2016, 10:56 PM
How in the world does somebody with his size strength and age manage to play the amount of games he has (6 straight finals with plenty of 7 game series) without ever getting seriously hurt.

Its not like hes just halfass wandering around the court either. He has a massive usage rate does chase down blocks. Loads of contact etc.

Hes tall as hell and manages to hold a very muscular and lean body all season and off season. Even brock lesnar couldnt do that without drugs

Now steroids have been known to be helpful in faster recovery. But even high steroid using bodybuilders get hurt often.

Seriously the amount of times this guy has launched his massive frame into the air and come back down he should have completely stuffed ankles.

God either decided that lebron deserves the ultimate body or hes on some stuff.

Prometheus
11-05-2016, 11:00 PM
He eats healthy food and doesn't smoke.

Bankaii
11-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Karl Malone was the same way. Superior genetics, taking care of your body, peak physical condition...

Ben Simmons
11-05-2016, 11:03 PM
He has a great body type to prevent injuries. Strong legs, naturally muscular, not too lanky, and his feet are pointed out to avoid lower body injuries (probably hurts his back though)

HenryGarfunkle
11-05-2016, 11:06 PM
He's not a p*ssy. He suffers ankle sprains and other stuff like everyone else. He just decides to tough through them just like Westbrook. But even WB has had a serious tear of a ligament. LeBron has very strong tendons and ligaments. They're thick and durable.

He has an abundance of cartilage and strong bones. So yeah, he's the most freakiest of genetic freaks in the history of athletics. Anyone who says otherwise is a blind fool.

Drugs? Nah... not his style. Just not his thing. He treats his body like a temple.

ShawkFactory
11-05-2016, 11:08 PM
He eats healthy food and doesn't smoke.
Probably watches a lot of comedies too.

I've heard occasional laughter can prevent injury.

warriorfan
11-05-2016, 11:10 PM
Drugs

NBAGOAT
11-05-2016, 11:12 PM
I read an article on how he spends his summers and off days completely on his conditioning and body. Has a chef, personal trainer etc and even sleeps like 12 hours a day which is highly unusual but I could see how it could help. That might be why his skills such as shooting are down however. Doesn't practice them as much as other superstars because he's so focused on his body.

Prometheus
11-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Probably watches a lot of comedies too.

I've heard occasional laughter can prevent injury.

I didn't consider that at first but it makes a lot of sense

pedromarinho
11-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo (also a f@g)

Ca$H
11-05-2016, 11:28 PM
How in the world does somebody with his size strength and age manage to play the amount of games he has (6 straight finals with plenty of 7 game series) without ever getting seriously hurt.

Its not like hes just halfass wandering around the court either. He has a massive usage rate does chase down blocks. Loads of contact etc.

Hes tall as hell and manages to hold a very muscular and lean body all season and off season. Even brock lesnar couldnt do that without drugs

\.

Brock only got caught with USADA drug testing. NBA drug testing is a joke compared to USADA.

theaussieguy
11-05-2016, 11:37 PM
most high paying professonal athletes are on drugs, he is just a freak in general though, longevity like that has far more to do with genetics than drugs. If anything drugs can make you more prone to injury because you allow your muscles to exert greater force than your tendons were designed to withstand. Although your tendons do become stronger with weight lifting there is a hard limit and they don't magically get stronger like your muscles do when you take PED's. In his case though he is probably well within natural limits of strength, however PED's are usually used to allow you to retain far greater strength at lower bodyfats than the body would naturally allow. It isn't simply about getting bigger and stronger, its about being stronger and faster at low bodyfat percentage.

JebronLames
11-05-2016, 11:41 PM
LeBron plays through more injuries than any other NBA player

Milbuck
11-05-2016, 11:53 PM
GOAT gonna GOAT

Proctor
11-06-2016, 12:02 AM
He's incredible. Aside from his occasional menstrual cramps, he's out there giving it his all ALWAYS. :bowdown:

tmacattack33
11-06-2016, 12:04 AM
He has a great body type to prevent injuries. Strong legs, naturally muscular, not too lanky, and his feet are pointed out to avoid lower body injuries (probably hurts his back though)

Look at this doctor right here

Hey Yo
11-06-2016, 12:31 AM
most high paying professonal athletes are on drugs, he is just a freak in general though, longevity like that has far more to do with genetics than drugs. If anything drugs can make you more prone to injury because you allow your muscles to exert greater force than your tendons were designed to withstand. Although your tendons do become stronger with weight lifting there is a hard limit and they don't magically get stronger like your muscles do when you take PED's. In his case though he is probably well within natural limits of strength, however PED's are usually used to allow you to retain far greater strength at lower bodyfats than the body would naturally allow. It isn't simply about getting bigger and stronger, its about being stronger and faster at low bodyfat percentage.
Great example, Kobe Bryant

After his multiple trips to Germany after the 2010 season to have illegal doping done, he suddenly had a few better reg. seasons than previous. Then it caught up to him and broke his body down to where his last 3yrs in the league were for shit!

Gileraracer
11-06-2016, 12:51 PM
LeBron plays through more injuries than any other NBA player

:roll:

he needs a wheelchair when his finger is swolen.

AirFederer
11-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Genetics, nutrition, smart training

And drugs.

Lots of them.

Let's not kid ourselves.

paksat
11-06-2016, 01:20 PM
lol @ anyone that thinks lebron isn't on all sorts of drugs

jrjim
11-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Lol at anyone who thinks every other NBA player isnt on the same drugs.

Lord P
11-06-2016, 02:10 PM
lol @ anyone that thinks lebron isn't on all sorts of drugs
How about some evidence instead of baseless claims?

GrapeApe
11-06-2016, 02:51 PM
Lebron may very well be on something, but let's not pretend that the majority of NBA players (and pro athletes in general) aren't doing the same things. There isn't some magic potion that only Lebron has access to.

Lebron is simply a genetic anomaly, a rare physical specimen. Good fortune of course plays a role in remaining healthy as well. Athletes with iron man streaks like AC Green, Cal Ripken, Bret Favre, and Doug Jarvis were able to avoid "freak" injuries. Regardless of genetics or how well you take care of your body, you need to have a bit of luck on your side too.

jstern
11-06-2016, 02:52 PM
I have thought about this, and I believe it comes down to style of play. It's a more simplistic style of jumping and running. Proper jumping and running, and not to much craziness. It's hard to explain. It's less wear, and less chances of tweaking. I remember Marcus Camby back in like 98 or so, getting injured on simple hop, I believe going for a rebound. Bad footwork, always getting injured. I remember thinking that Jordan's jumps and footwork were so fundamentally sound that despite his style he rarely got hurt.

scuzzy
11-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Le Italiano Speciale :pimp:

SamuraiSWISH
11-06-2016, 03:09 PM
It helps that he has thicker, and stronger built legs than most basketball players.

But yes, he's got a body not of this earth. He's been a grown man, and pro capable since he was a junior in HS.

And like many modern athletes I'm sure he's on something, some type of performance enhancers or recovery drugs.

Too much money going around not to do so ... I don't really blame them.

Darius
11-06-2016, 04:05 PM
Deandre Jordan is same. Puts enormous pressure on a huge body but never injured

ArbitraryWater
11-06-2016, 04:08 PM
Him and Cristiano Ronaldo physically out of this world, just too GOAT... cant believe how lucky we are to see the two of them at the same time.

Mr Feeny
11-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Him and Cristiano Ronaldo physically out of this world, just too GOAT... cant believe how lucky we are to see the two of them at the same time.

Lol at Cristiano be anywhere near a goat. Physically, he has no balance and falls down like a wimp the moment anyone sneezes at him.

ArbitraryWater
11-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Lol at Cristiano be anywhere near a goat. Physically, he has no balance and falls down like a wimp the moment anyone sneezes at him.

http://media3.giphy.com/media/Nx2Lx1RmLadtC/giphy.gif

scuzzy
11-06-2016, 04:32 PM
:lol

JohnMax
11-06-2016, 04:44 PM
Lebron is a bigger version of Westbrook. They do everything the same except Lebron is more coordinated (makes him better shooter and passer) and accelerates slower (makes him worse at getting to rim in halfcourt).

jrjim
11-06-2016, 05:14 PM

Theres like 70 NBA players more athletic than Ronaldo. Lol

feyki
11-06-2016, 06:21 PM
Karl Malone was the same way. Superior genetics, taking care of your body, peak physical condition...

Same vert as Bird :( .

Meticode
11-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Apparently he treasures the thing that nets him his legacy and his millions if not future to be billions of dollars, his body. His body is the main reason why he is an all-time great because he has an all-time work ethic. A lot of NBA players during the off-season take a month off. LeBron almost never does this and keeps training.

Marchesk
11-06-2016, 09:37 PM
Same vert as Bird :( .

Much rather have Bird or Westbrook's poverty vertical with their durability over a Grant Hill or Penny Hardaway.

Keno
11-06-2016, 10:27 PM
lebron is the greatest athlete in entire sports history, not just the nba.

JebronLames
11-06-2016, 10:29 PM
Heart of a champion

ShawkFactory
11-06-2016, 10:31 PM
Theres like 70 NBA players more athletic than Ronaldo. Lol
Nah

HenryGarfunkle
11-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Nah
Yes, and easily

ShawkFactory
11-06-2016, 11:02 PM
Yes, and easily
Again...nah

Draz
11-06-2016, 11:33 PM
Best athletic body in sports history.

HenryGarfunkle
11-07-2016, 12:00 AM
Again...nah
Ronaldo isn't black. He's the not the athlete you think he is. He plays a sport which requires insane amounts of skill. More skill than basketball. And if you compare his athleticism to the elite specimens in the NBA... he doesn't cut the mustard. Mainly because he's not black. In this case, black lives ****ing matter.

Lord P
11-07-2016, 12:07 AM
Ronaldo isn't black. He's the not the athlete you think he is. He plays a sport which requires insane amounts of skill. More skill than basketball. And if you compare his athleticism to the elite specimens in the NBA... he doesn't cut the mustard. Mainly because he's not black. In this case, black lives ****ing matter.

While I won't deny that blacks on average are more athletic than any other race, Ronaldo is a physical specimen. Jumping high isn't the only thing when it comes to being an amazing athlete, but even still, Ronaldo has crazy bounce.

egokiller
11-07-2016, 12:20 AM
While I won't deny that blacks on average are more athletic than any other race, Ronaldo is a physical specimen. Jumping high isn't the only thing when it comes to being an amazing athlete, but even still, Ronaldo has crazy bounce.

Ronaldo is better than Messi and Messi is a soccer GOD. Just to put this into perspective:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tYEqkPe6pm0/VZ0hHgmvPiI/AAAAAAAABY4/qNFatPSDP4Q/s1600/Ronaldo%2Bvs%2BMessi%2Ball%2Btime%2Brecords%2B%252 8goals%2529.jpg

Big164
11-07-2016, 02:39 AM
300 lbs, 45.8 mpg career.

http://jrshirt.com/images/wiltChamberlain.jpg

hold this L
11-07-2016, 03:36 AM
Ronaldo is better than Messi and Messi is a soccer GOD. Just to put this into perspective:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tYEqkPe6pm0/VZ0hHgmvPiI/AAAAAAAABY4/qNFatPSDP4Q/s1600/Ronaldo%2Bvs%2BMessi%2Ball%2Btime%2Brecords%2B%252 8goals%2529.jpg
Why don't you add assists in there, where Messi beats him by a monumental amount. Messi is a more complete player when you add his all around game, though he is only a bit better overall.

Lebron, Phelps and Ronaldo to me are the freaks of nature when it comes to sport athletes. Worked hard on their physique on top of being given God given genes to superhuman levels. It's abnormal.

brain drain
11-07-2016, 08:02 AM

Going by those goal numbers, Messi's goal numbers are close to Ronaldo despite having quite a bit less games (unsurprisingly, because Messi is 2 years younger).

So, basically, the numbers say Messi has been a significantly better scorer per game, he just hasn't made as many games.

Mr Feeny
11-07-2016, 08:50 AM

Not only have you not included assists (Messi is a playmaker. He's the Lebron of football while Ronaldo is the Kobe of football ), but Messi creams Ronaldo in the goals per game ratio.

Ronaldo just shoots more and he's played a HUNDREDS of more games. Their goal scoring ratios aren't even close. Messi's pea was about ten times higher than ronaldo's as a scorer and he has a distinctive edge over the course of their careers.

For their careers:

Messi 0.80 goals per game
Ronaldo 0.68 goals per game

Messi. 1.13 goals + assists per game
Ronaldo 0.91 goals + assists per game

Mr Feeny
11-07-2016, 08:51 AM

Deal with what? The fact that he's nowhere near Messi? Alright.

Captvic
11-07-2016, 08:55 AM
There's no doubt in my mind that LeBron took HGH/roids earlier in his career

Lebron23
11-07-2016, 08:58 AM
Heard that LeBron James Jr is now as tall as Kyrie Irving. Crazy Growth Spurts.

Lebron23
11-07-2016, 09:02 AM

He passed the Olympic Styles Drug Test Thrice. Anyway Roids in basketball is kinda useless except for Boxing and Baseball. Where you need some power. I believe Manny Pacquiao use roids pre 2012.

Even Kobe goes to Germany to seek some treatment. They probably uses some drugs to recover from injuries.

r0drig0lac
11-07-2016, 09:43 AM
he is a monster

r0drig0lac
11-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Theres like 200 NBA players more athletic than Ronaldo. Lol
fixed

mentallooser
11-07-2016, 09:51 AM
He's at the top of pro sports. The answer is likely both,like it is for any of the guys at the top. If you could get away work PEDs in a job where future pay odds predicated on performance.....you'd have to be an absolute idiot to do them. Especially with the kind of money that gets paid now.

pauk
11-07-2016, 10:43 AM

How early? Like 16-17 years old?

https://s12.postimg.org/yp59cq6kd/2b5e3201b92a91a83050ed6296552b3e.jpg

He has been a freak since he had that growth spurt to 6'6-6'7, 15-16 years old... he was the most NBA ready than anybody ive ever seen in NBA history at 15-17.... in the NBA he just lifted more weights, added eventually 20-30 lbs of muscle... and thats that...

bond10
11-07-2016, 12:58 PM
He won the genetic lottery for the ultimate basketball body.

Real14
11-07-2016, 01:01 PM
He's definitely on drugs. Ever since 2002.

kshutts1
11-07-2016, 03:59 PM
First... for Ronaldo, people in this thread should realize that athleticism is more than just jumping. Ronaldo is incredibly athletic.

As for the main point of the thread, though... something that has not been mentioned is look at the proportions of Lebron's body. They're pretty normal. I do not have any data on this, nor have I ever seen any, but I believe that injuries occur more frequently outside of normal proportions, all else being equal.

And for the individual that touched on DJ, his proportions are pretty standard as well. Neither has freakishly long arms or legs, super skinny relative to height, etc etc.

theaussieguy
11-07-2016, 05:25 PM
He passed the Olympic Styles Drug Test Thrice. Anyway Roids in basketball is kinda useless except for Boxing and Baseball. Where you need some power. I believe Manny Pacquiao use roids pre 2012.

Even Kobe goes to Germany to seek some treatment. They probably uses some drugs to recover from injuries.

its not about being straight up powerful, its about being relatively very strong for your bodyfat percentage and weight. Same way novak djockovich is skinny as a rake but can endure 5 hour matches of brutal hitting power without breaking a sweat. It raises your efficiency.

pedromarinho
11-07-2016, 05:28 PM
lebron is the greatest athlete in entire sports history, not just the nba.
R
o
g
e
r

F
e
d
e
r
e
r

a
n
d

L
i
o
n
e
l

M
e
s
s
i

Guys who take power over finesse are fukin strange... Having talent is just special. Being a freak is not so pleasant to watch.

Not saying LeBron does not have talent or technique.

Cold soul
11-07-2016, 05:50 PM
It's combination of both along with freak genetics amazing work ethic great eating habits. Lebron most likely has done HGH/steriods at some point but who cares he's greatest athlete I have ever seen in any sport when comes to athleticism.

ArbitraryWater
11-07-2016, 06:16 PM
R
o
g
e
r

F
e
d
e
r
e
r

a
n
d

L
i
o
n
e
l

M
e
s
s
i

Guys who take power over finesse are fukin strange... Having talent is just special. Being a freak is not so pleasant to watch.

Not saying LeBron does not have talent or technique.

Yeah, and you also argue Kobe Bryant above LeBron James on those same merits... :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
11-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Ronaldo has like 20 more records than Messi, lol.. Lionel can't touch him in that regard.

ShawkFactory
11-07-2016, 06:29 PM
Ronaldo has like 20 more records than Messi, lol.. Lionel can't touch him in that regard.
But few would argue that Ronaldo is a better all-around player

Hey Yo
11-07-2016, 06:44 PM
At the end of the day, regardless who is better, they both play.............

soccer.

:durantunimpressed:

Jasper
11-07-2016, 11:59 PM
ditto on the professional athlete logistics.

Mr Feeny
11-08-2016, 02:34 AM

Messi is a better scorer, passer, playmaker, dribbler and pretty much everything.
Ronaldo isn't even in Messi's league.

The only thing he can do is score and he's miles behind messi as a scorer (both in terms of peak scoring) and overall.

Messi is about 10 times more efficient as well. This is lebron vs Kobe if Lebron was not only more efficient but scored more than Kobe as well.

It's an insult to mention ronaldo in the same sentence as messi.

Mr Feeny
11-08-2016, 02:37 AM
Going by those goal numbers, Messi's goal numbers are close to Ronaldo despite having quite a bit less games (unsurprisingly, because Messi is 2 years younger).

So, basically, the numbers say Messi has been a significantly better scorer per game, he just hasn't made as many games.

Those aren't updated either. I posted the updated numbers. Ronaldo isn't even close to messi as a scorer. He takes 40% more shots, takes all his team's spot kicks and free kicks, doesn't create nearly as many chances and definitely didn't peak anywhere near Messi as a scorer.

Messi had 91 goals in a calender year and 73 go as in a season IN ADDITION to 24 assists the SAME season. It's like a man against a boy, and the boy is ronaldo here :biggums:

SwayDizzle
11-08-2016, 03:09 AM
Those aren't updated either. I posted the updated numbers. Ronaldo isn't even close to messi as a scorer. He takes 40% more shots, takes all his team's spot kicks and free kicks, doesn't create nearly as many chances and definitely didn't peak anywhere near Messi as a scorer.

Messi had 91 goals in a calender year and 73 go as in a season IN ADDITION to 24 assists the SAME season. It's like a man against a boy, and the boy is ronaldo here :biggums:
what do you think about kobe tho?

FKAri
11-08-2016, 03:32 AM
You couldn't create a player better than Messi in a lab. Ronaldo is the better generic athlete but Messi might be a better football athlete. His combination of touch, coordination, low center of gravity, balance and quickness is pretty ideal. It does get blurred with skill in football so it's hard to say.

It's like how Lebron is a better generic athlete but Jordan is a better basketball athlete. Jordan's athleticism is everything you could want in a guard. Lebron plays like a guard but his size hinders him from getting in the paint in the halfcourt and he doesn't take advantage of his size much in the post. Ofcourse his size is overall an advantage but he'd rather do a tradeoff of size/strengh for quickness in a TMac like body considering how he likes to play.

NZStreetBaller
11-08-2016, 03:51 AM
My thread is about lebron:coleman:

Mr Feeny
11-08-2016, 06:45 AM
what do you think about kobe tho?

Kobe sucks my brah :coleman:

ballin33
11-08-2016, 08:10 AM
Yes, he is one of the biggest freaks to ever play. Modern medical science and work ethic make up a lot of it, but I think he was probably taking something down in south beach. Doesn't matter though.