PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Timberwolves - Stay Positive Thread

BigKAT
11-06-2016, 02:31 AM
Yes.

We're 1-4.

Yes, We've got a serious 3rd quarter problem.

Yes, it seems like KAT's great games concide with other players dropping the ball, And Yes, Rubio's hurt and we didn't even start the season.

Yes, The Lakers, Nuggets and Sun have all looked better so far.

But,
Wiggins is looking sharp, he's really becoming better.
Lavine's 3 pt shooting stayed where it was in the 2nd half of last year, Elite.
Dunn looks like an -awesome- prospect, his D is great for his size and age.
KAT resumed his world devouring ways with back-to-back 30 points game.

AND,
Let's get into the nitty gritty.

Plus minus - We're ACTUALLY +1.2 in the point differential overall.
That's better than the 5th and 6th seed, and all the teams outside of the playoffs.

Our defense at 100.3 Per game is good for 5th best in the conference.

Our Offense looks great at times, while usually fumbling for one quarter a game.

Our Core is made out of three 3rd years, one second year, and one rookie. Actually, that's also our starting five. All drafted by us (Or cavs and traded). That's the best scenario in terms of player growth.

It takes time, and patience to do something great. I believe in thibs. I believe in the pieces. Keep your heads up guys. We're fine. It's going to be a long season perhaps, and we might be disappointed to see the Lakers, Jazz, Bucks and other young teams jump ahead of us.

But I wouldn't trade our core for any other core.
So this is not a slight for other young teams, but we're happy with what we've got. Go Wolves.

P.S: Kudos to Lakers/Bucks fans. You guys stuck it out and it seems like your time is coming as well.

CuhGetsBucks
11-06-2016, 02:39 AM
The lack of playing time Shabazz gets is disgusting to me, he is literally the best scoring option off the bench. Get him some minutes.

ball247
11-06-2016, 02:53 AM
KAT is great
Rubio is great

Wiggins stinks
Lavine Stinks
Dunn is terrible

Bless Mathews
11-06-2016, 04:15 AM
KAT is great
Rubio is great

Wiggins stinks
Lavine Stinks
Dunn is terrible

:facepalm :facepalm

Worst poast of the week nominee.

T wolves are close. Real close to being pretty good.

Like their squad.

Lebron23
11-06-2016, 04:18 AM
:facepalm :facepalm

Worst poast of the week nominee.

T wolves are close. Real close to being pretty good.

Like their squad.

I hope somebody knock you out.

Bless Mathews
11-06-2016, 04:26 AM
I hope somebody knock you out.

I'd knock you out with an open handed slap.

My 10 year old son has bigger feet than you.

Ho.

Lebron23
11-06-2016, 04:29 AM
I'd knock you out with an open handed slap.

My 10 year old son has bigger feet than you.

Ho.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

PeroAntic
11-06-2016, 08:26 AM
They will go on a run soon.

They have just been unlucky of late, thats all. Talent wise they are stacked.

kurple
11-06-2016, 10:01 AM
i feel for ya, i would probably even semi-root for Minny if it wasnt for that firedavidkahn idiot

theaussieguy
11-06-2016, 10:11 AM
i really wished rubio would develop into something better, I remember he was making waves his first couple of seasons with flashy plays but now you never hear of the guy

BigKAT
11-06-2016, 10:35 AM
i really wished rubio would develop into something better, I remember he was making waves his first couple of seasons with flashy plays but now you never hear of the guy

He's actually fantastic.
Great guy overall, offense really works well and the Minnesota starting five is actually pretty darn good.

We suffer meltdowns on the 3rd quarter on almost every game, and we start strong in the 1st.

Problem is our depth, which seems to be our achilles at this point.
But like someone said, all the stats and the eye test shows a decent team, one that is capable of performing better than it is currently.

Just got to stay positive and keep our heads up.
Weather the storms.

#Wolfpack

CuterThanRubio
11-06-2016, 10:43 AM
The Wolves are 9-57 without Rubio, they have no true leader on the court when he isn't playing.

Freak accidents have derailed his career and stunted the growth of the team as a whole, it sucks.

I like what I have seen from Dunn, his defense is already top tier for his position, and I wouldn't even mind him starting when Ricky returns as long as their is someone to lead the bench unit because they have been beyond terrible.

Thibs needs to find a way to eliminate the collective panic in the clutch.

Rubio shouldn't be the guy with the most mental toughness on the team but he is

BigKAT
11-06-2016, 10:51 AM
The Wolves are 9-57 without Rubio, they have no true leader on the court when he isn't playing.

Freak accidents have derailed his career and stunted the growth of the team as a whole, it sucks.

I like what I have seen from Dunn, his defense is already top tier for his position, and I wouldn't even mind him starting when Ricky returns as long as their is someone to lead the bench unit because they have been beyond terrible.

Thibs needs to find a way to eliminate the collective panic in the clutch.

Rubio shouldn't be the guy with the most mental toughness on the team but he is

Hey man,
Imagine what Rubio could do to bench units with good play finishers like Bjelicia (Open 3's) and Shabazz (Great finisher inside for his size and position) ? He could destroy them.

Also we could have him finish games alongside Dunn.

Maybe play small ball with KAT at Center, Wiggins at PF (IF, big IF he gains enough weight to handle it, cuz he got the sight) and Lavine at SF?

I think that lineup could be destructive.

CuterThanRubio
11-06-2016, 11:01 AM
Hey man,
Imagine what Rubio could do to bench units with good play finishers like Bjelicia (Open 3's) and Shabazz (Great finisher inside for his size and position) ? He could destroy them.

Also we could have him finish games alongside Dunn.

Maybe play small ball with KAT at Center, Wiggins at PF (IF, big IF he gains enough weight to handle it, cuz he got the sight) and Lavine at SF?

I think that lineup could be destructive.

Bjelica is not a good play finisher, open 3s? Remember the open three he refused to take against Denver that would have tied the game? But I get your point and I am inclined to agree, he would keep things flowing instead of allowing a total free fall once the starters sit.

I would not trust a small ball lineup, Wiggins already got torched by Gay and he won't be gaining any muscle over the course of the season, and LaVine is still pretty weak on defense, I doubt he would be doing much more than fouling if he was guarding SF's

It may be worth trying for short stretches depending on the matchup but I think most teams would feast.

The reality of the situation is that they "could" have won at least four of their five games, they have what it takes to compete on a nightly basis against most teams, I think their problems can be corrected.

Luckily Dallas is essentially done for, and NO shouldn't be making any noise, beating the Lakers will be crucial.

BigKAT
11-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Bjelica is not a good play finisher, open 3s? Remember the open three he refused to take against Denver that would have tied the game? But I get your point and I am inclined to agree, he would keep things flowing instead of allowing a total free fall once the starters sit.

I would not trust a small ball lineup, Wiggins already got torched by Gay and he won't be gaining any muscle over the course of the season, and LaVine is still pretty weak on defense, I doubt he would be doing much more than fouling if he was guarding SF's

It may be worth trying for short stretches depending on the matchup but I think most teams would feast.

The reality of the situation is that they "could" have won at least four of their five games, they have what it takes to compete on a nightly basis against most teams, I think their problems can be corrected.

Luckily Dallas is essentially done for, and NO shouldn't be making any noise, beating the Lakers will be crucial.

Yeah. Standings wise this is a favorable year.
Dallas and NO look bad and Memphis and Utah aren't likely to finish with 52-55 wins.

I agree about the size issues.
And yes Bjelicia really frustrated me against the nuggets.
I'm happy about the last shot he took, the one that went out. It was a good shot.

But that shot he missed out on was a possible momentum changer. He did do some good things (14 points in the last two quarters alone I believe) and he has lots of potential as a Channing Frye type of player for us, who could help roast some lineups that don't defend the 3 well.

And Wiggins? Wiggins has all the tools to be one of the best defensive players in the league. Size won't come this year, nope. Maybe not even the next. But if he does begin to hold his ground more properly, who knows where the limit is.

Speaking of defense, Dunn, sweet KD3.
He defended really well for someone on his 5th NBA game and first start vs the Nuggets. And he showed some potential as a passer.

I just wish KAT will stop playing angry and start being more calculated, he has this tendency to score on double teams (awesome as it may be) it's the bad basketball move. You've got Lavine and Wiggins slouching and hanging their heads, wide open waiting for the ball. That's bad.

Either way, I hope we'll turn this around soon.

CuterThanRubio
11-06-2016, 11:29 AM
The assistant coach mentioned that they have been pushing KAT to be more conscious of kicking out of double teams, I'm enjoying his aggression but his procedural awareness needs some work.

swagga
11-06-2016, 11:40 AM
such a surprise tbh :rolleyes:

I told you wolves fans you are going nowhere, that's just reality. You got KAT who is an A+ talent and then you got trash, the bad kind of trash too, the one that puts up stats with no impact. Lavine is a cancer at guard rotation, he doesn't move the ball. So does wiggins. These are chuckers in the making, mark my words. Any decent team will not have a hard time stopping your offense. So basically you have bad ball movement when your best talent can't get the ball easily on the perimeter. Bummer.

Defensively the wolves are massively overrated, you got kat and rubio which are plus defenders and then athletes with bad fundamentals, they might look good in highlights but positioning is off, rotations are bad, defensive collapse are common. As the team is built right now they won't do anything of value with it, might sneak in the playoffs but that's it. You better pray dunn develops fast and that you can move one of wiggins or lavine for something else.

AnaheimLakers24
11-06-2016, 12:41 PM
lakers are already better

CuterThanRubio
11-06-2016, 01:25 PM
such a surprise tbh :rolleyes:

I told you wolves fans you are going nowhere, that's just reality. You got KAT who is an A+ talent and then you got trash, the bad kind of trash too, the one that puts up stats with no impact. Lavine is a cancer at guard rotation, he doesn't move the ball. So does wiggins. These are chuckers in the making, mark my words. Any decent team will not have a hard time stopping your offense. So basically you have bad ball movement when your best talent can't get the ball easily on the perimeter. Bummer.

Defensively the wolves are massively overrated, you got kat and rubio which are plus defenders and then athletes with bad fundamentals, they might look good in highlights but positioning is off, rotations are bad, defensive collapse are common. As the team is built right now they won't do anything of value with it, might sneak in the playoffs but that's it. You better pray dunn develops fast and that you can move one of wiggins or lavine for something else.

Says the guy who hasn't watched any of their games, strictly highlights

LaVine is a chucker, but in a good sense, he is a natural shooter, we have been over this before, Swagless, you've been hiding until now because I had you so shook, return to your corner, please!

The starting unit is not the issue, sure they are flawed but going up by 15+ in 4 out of 5 games is not a fluke

I don't think you realize that sneaking into the playoffs would be a momentous achievement for that franchise, but it probably won't happen if Ricky misses significant time.

HenryGarfunkle
11-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Says the guy who hasn't watched any of their games, strictly highlights

LaVine is a chucker, but in a good sense, he is a natural shooter, we have been over this before, Swagless, you've been hiding until now because I had you so shook, return to your corner, please!

The starting unit is not the issue, sure they are flawed but going up by 15+ in 4 out of 5 games is not a fluke

I don't think you realize that sneaking into the playoffs would be a momentous achievement for that franchise, but it probably won't happen if Ricky misses significant time.
Ricky sucks

Thoughts?

FreezingTsmoove
11-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Ricky sucks

Thoughts?

This :lol

BigKAT
11-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Ricky sucks

Thoughts?

I dunno man.
Watch him play, I promise you the eye test will tell you otherwise.
And the stats back that up.

Yeah he's no Stephen Curry but he's a very solid PG and the Wolves are better with him on the floor than off the floor mostly. Are we better long term with Dunn? Yeah, maybe. But that does not diminish from Ricky's talent.

CuterThanRubio
11-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Ricky sucks

Thoughts?

I'm thinking you must be really bored right now

I'm not the one, Simon!

He may "suck" but he is important to this team in particular, that's all there is to it

FireDavidKahn
11-06-2016, 03:59 PM
It's only been 5 games.:oldlol:

Both our offensive and defensive efficiency are A LOT better this year even when you take out the d league all star team that Memphis trotted out.

1-2 possessions in 2 of our losses could have gone our way and we end up winning.

We've had one huge stinker of a game and that was OKC, otherwise everything has been competitive.

Losses of 3,4,3 besides OKC trouncing us.

We will still end up with 35+ wins this year.

My motto and expectations this year was just getting our team used to Thibs system and not to expect the playoffs, although obviously it would be a great surprise...

Next year is when we should panic if we don't start making the playoffs every year.

"progress" and "hope" has obviously been what we've been preaching for a while, but this is year one where we actually have great talent and a great coach. It takes time to undo bad habits taught by horrible coaches or not being taught NBA offense/defense schemes at all.

Unreasonable people expect us to be OKC and win 50+:oldlol: What OKC was an extreme outlier in NBA history.

We'll be fine.

BigKAT
11-06-2016, 04:11 PM
It's only been 5 games.:oldlol:

Both our offensive and defensive efficiency are A LOT better this year even when you take out the d league all star team that Memphis trotted out.

1-2 possessions in 2 of our losses could have gone our way and we end up winning.

We've had one huge stinker of a game and that was OKC, otherwise everything has been competitive.

Losses of 3,4,3 besides OKC trouncing us.

We will still end up with 35+ wins this year.

My motto and expectations this year was just getting our team used to Thibs system and not to expect the playoffs, although obviously it would be a great surprise...

Next year is when we should panic if we don't start making the playoffs every year.

"progress" and "hope" has obviously been what we've been preaching for a while, but this is year one where we actually have great talent and a great coach. It takes time to undo bad habits taught by horrible coaches or not being taught NBA offense/defense schemes at all.

Unreasonable people expect us to be OKC and win 50+:oldlol: What OKC was an extreme outlier in NBA history.

We'll be fine.

Well said.
But I'm still gunning for playoffs.
We shouldn't settle for anything less.
Not when the Western Conference is the weakest it has been in a decade.
We'll get there mate. We'll get there.

:cheers: