PDA

View Full Version : Why is John Wall resting on the 6th game of the season?

L.Kizzle
11-06-2016, 07:40 AM
Is he hurt? Are the Wizards trying to trade him. What's goin on in DC.

C-Green
11-06-2016, 07:44 AM
Resting his knees I'm sure. It was a back to back that Scottie probably thought he could win without Wall. He was wrong.

C-Green
11-06-2016, 07:46 AM
It was their 5th game of the season.

theaussieguy
11-06-2016, 07:55 AM
john wall hasn't progressed into the player I'd hoped he would

L.Kizzle
11-06-2016, 07:58 AM
He's 26 years old. He might as well sit out the whole season. I just read Brooks will not play him in back to backs. They're already 1-4.

Hakeem Olajuwon
11-06-2016, 08:16 AM
it is called injury precaution
protecting your asset

Phenith
11-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Didn't he have surgery on both knees during the off season?
It's a wise move to protect that investment this early in the season, especially in a back to back with your team playing so crappy. I'm sure if the Wiz join the playoff race in the second half of the season, they will be much more willing to play him in back to backs.

He's the only Wiz player playing up to his worth right now, maybe a game where others have to step up is what this team needs right now... they can't just expect Wall to carry them to the playoffs.

swagga
11-06-2016, 11:44 AM
it is called injury precaution
protecting your asset

resting your 26 year old prime talent? :oldlol:
it has to be injury related/personal, as otherwise they'd play him to get either wins or keep his value up for trade.

Clifton
11-06-2016, 02:04 PM
They might as well rest him for the rest of the year. Maybe he can take up baseball and take his mind off things. The Wizards right now are absolutely the most mediocre, uninteresting team I have seen in years. Just forget this year and try again.

Of course, most of the prospects in the next draft are point guards, so... maybe just fold up the franchise.

This is a team composed of a poor man's Wade, a poor man's Klay Thompson, a poor man's Nic Batum, a competent but very average center, I have no idea who their PF is, and there is no exciting young talent. Their players are locked into long term deals and their two best players don't like each other. What is the point? They're a poor man's NBA team. Their entire roster are injury-prone shadows of better players. Blow it up.

CuhGetsBucks
11-06-2016, 02:06 PM
They might as well rest him for the rest of the year. Maybe he can take up baseball and take his mind off things. The Wizards right now are absolutely the most mediocre, uninteresting team I have seen in years. Just forget this year and try again.

Of course, most of the prospects in the next draft are point guards, so... maybe just fold up the franchise.

This is a team composed of a poor man's Wade, a poor man's Klay Thompson, a poor man's Nic Batum, a competent but very average center, I have no idea who their PF is, and there is no exciting young talent. Their players are locked into long term deals and their two best players don't like each other. What is the point? They're a poor man's NBA team. Their entire roster are injury-prone shadows of better players. Blow it up.
Poor man's Wade? Poor man's Thompson? What are you even talking about?

HenryGarfunkle

Meltdown

tpols
Crazy. Players nowadays don't play nearly as much it feels like

CuhGetsBucks
11-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Crazy. Players nowadays don't play nearly as much it feels like
It's because of what we know now. We take these little knee surgeries as whatever because they are professional players but imagine your mom having surgery on both her knees. It'd be like wtf? And then her job being so demanding of her legs. These injuries aren't anything to take lightly and the players are just trying to make sure their good in the long run.

AnaheimLakers24
11-06-2016, 02:30 PM
kyrie >>>>>>> wall

tpols
11-06-2016, 02:31 PM
It's because of what we know now. We take these little knee surgeries as whatever because they are professional players but imagine your mom having surgery on both her knees. It'd be like wtf? And then her job being so demanding of her legs. These injuries aren't anything to take lightly and the players are just trying to make sure their good in the long run.

Yea but it feels like in basketball and football guys don't get minutes or touches nearly as often .. Less 40 minute a game guys less 25 touch a game running backs.. Killing fantasy teams everywhere smh

They are more valuable today I guess

tmacattack33
11-06-2016, 06:25 PM
Why not?

NBA season is too long. Washington will be in the playoffs.

They might get the 5th seed instead of the 4th seed if they rest their star players every few weeks.

I'd take the 5th seed and healthy players over the 4th seed with injured players any way. You are literally trading health for the home court advantage in one game (and that's IF the series goes to a game 7).

Milbuck
11-06-2016, 06:48 PM
This dude had surgeries on both knees this offseason, of course they're going to be careful with him. And he's still putting up 22/5/10 and is a net +32.1 for the season. His team is literally one of the worst teams in NBA history with him off the floor, anyone doubting this guy's ability doesn't know what they're talking about.