PDA

View Full Version : NBA league MVP to be anounced after playoffs

coined
11-06-2016, 08:27 AM
Will the voting criteria be same as before?? or winning the title will come in to play as a factor???

It wiill be anounced on june 26.

theaussieguy
11-06-2016, 08:38 AM
they need to change the finals mvp to playoffs mvp.

ArbitraryWater
11-06-2016, 09:05 AM
that actually sucks cause it will now be impossible to compare MVP's throughout league history... plus they better make clear what they're factoring in now (playoffs, finals?).

Fck, I hate this

K Xerxes
11-06-2016, 09:12 AM
that actually sucks cause it will now be impossible to compare MVP's throughout league history... plus they better make clear what they're factoring in now (playoffs, finals?).

Fck, I hate this

I imagine the MVP will be decided after the regular season without taking into account the playoffs. It'll just be announced after the playoffs.

ArbitraryWater
11-06-2016, 09:13 AM
I imagine the MVP will be decided after the regular season without taking into account the playoffs. It'll just be announced after the playoffs.

Do you think that will really be the case though? I dunno, I could easily see them being impacted by the playoffs, with fans raving everywhere about "lol this dude better not be MVP now" and then they change votes or some dumb shit.

Plus, I also dont really get it, from an organizational point of view.. whats the point of doing this? The MVP could easily not be a on a title winning team so there's just little hype/happyness... he'll just have ring jokes coming at him.

PistonsFan#21
11-06-2016, 09:28 AM
any links to confirm this? it doesnt make much sense. If anything it should be given right before the start of the 1st round of playoffs

coined
11-06-2016, 10:02 AM
any links to confirm this? it doesnt make much sense. If anything it should be given right before the start of the 1st round of playoffs

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17949606/nba-announce-award-winners-new-postseason-awards-show

NBA to announce award winners in new postseason awards show
Nov 2, 2016
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The NBA will announce the winner of the MVP and its other major awards during a new postseason awards show.

The league said Tuesday that the NBA Awards Show will be held June 26 in New York and televised on TNT.
Award winners are traditionally announced separately throughout the postseason, but this marks the first time that all recipients will be honored on the same night. The program will feature current and former NBA players, coaches and executives, and celebrities.

The Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Sixth Man Award, Most Improved Player and Coach of the Year will be announced during the show.

Other details, including venue, host and list of presenters, will be announced at a later date.

Ben Simmons
11-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Its the same thing lol, now people cant say whether the mvp choked or not

Hey Yo
11-06-2016, 10:30 AM
Do you think that will really be the case though? I dunno, I could easily see them being impacted by the playoffs, with fans raving everywhere about "lol this dude better not be MVP now" and then they change votes or some dumb shit.
Nothing changes. The winner will be voted on just like it has been. They'll know the winner before the postseason starts.

Plus, I also dont really get it, from an organizational point of view.. whats the point of doing this? The MVP could easily not be a on a title winning team so there's just little hype/happyness... he'll just have ring jokes coming at him.
It's a money grab and another way to promote the NBA. All the season awards will be announced in one night!

It's not a BFD....... :confusedshrug:

DCL
11-06-2016, 10:33 AM
voting will be done at the end of the season as usual. the playoff results will be irrelevant to the voting (so if they voted for a regular season MVP who averages 2ppg and gets swept in the first round, he's still getting that award because the voting will take place before that.)

the change is only for tv and that new award show.

Overdrive
11-06-2016, 10:48 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17949606/nba-announce-award-winners-new-postseason-awards-show

NBA to announce award winners in new postseason awards show
Nov 2, 2016
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The NBA will announce the winner of the MVP and its other major awards during a new postseason awards show.

The league said Tuesday that the NBA Awards Show will be held June 26 in New York and televised on TNT.
Award winners are traditionally announced separately throughout the postseason, but this marks the first time that all recipients will be honored on the same night. The program will feature current and former NBA players, coaches and executives, and celebrities.

The Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Sixth Man Award, Most Improved Player and Coach of the Year will be announced during the show.

Other details, including venue, host and list of presenters, will be announced at a later date.

Such a BS. Imagine the MVP loses in heartbreaking fashion weeks prior in the finals. Won't be a partynight for him..