PDA

View Full Version : Trade Rumors: Boston Celtics Eyeing for Anthony Davis

bobopenguin
11-06-2016, 10:34 AM
http://www.hngn.com/articles/215335/20161104/nba-trade-rumors-boston-celtics-eyeing-anthony-davis-new-orleans-pelicans-game-changing-deal.htm

o.o is this legit?

Marcus Smart, Amir Johnson, Jaylen Brown, Kelly Olynyk, and two more first-round picks (from nets

for

Davis, Tim Frazier

celtics basically blow up entire team and gamble their future just to form davis + isiah Thomas + Horford core.

but i am sure pelicans want A.Bradley in it instead of marcus smart+amir johnson.

BigKAT
11-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Okay.

Let me voice the unpopular opinion,

Davis + Horford is not a good combination.
They work a lot of the same spots, and they won't flourish with one another.

Davis Offensivly is amazing, and while he has lots of blocks he has yet to really anchor a -good- defense, so I'm not so sure about how good a Frontcourt of Davis and Horford will be on that end.

But the upside is,

Anthony mother****ing Davis.
So it's hard to ever say no to that.
And it feels to me like the Pelicans need to sell high, because this team is not making the playoffs, and Brown, Smart, Olnyk? You got some very very nice pieces there, and you might luck in the lottery into another good piece, Brown or Smart could blossom into All-stars, and Hield too.

If I'm Ainge?
I'm not doing that trade.
Health + Chemistry ... I dunno.

Though Brad stevens has proved he can make players much better than we thought (Crowder, Turner, Isiah Thomas), so perhaps it will turn out alright.

Ben Simmons
11-06-2016, 10:52 AM
NO will not trade Davis until it is time for him to leave

Darius
11-06-2016, 10:56 AM
You never trade Davis. Ever. He will be a generational player unless injuries stop him.

knickballer
11-06-2016, 11:01 AM
You never trade Davis. Ever. He will be a generational player unless injuries stop him.

You trade him because he'll probably walk when his contract is up...

Hey Yo
11-06-2016, 11:03 AM
NO will not trade Davis until it is time for him to leave
This ^^^

He's under contract till 2021.

ZMonkey11
11-06-2016, 11:10 AM
You trade him because he'll probably walk when his contract is up...

He is 23, has probably the highest ceiling in the NBA, and has a contract until he is 27 (where he may not even reach his peak at that point.

This is why you keep him. Unless you are getting KAT, or a young KD comes back into the city, how would you ever justify trading him?

What you do is put on your big boy GM pants and get to work making his ass happy.

C-Green
11-06-2016, 11:11 AM
I dont see this happening, but as a Celts fan I'd be all over it.

Jameerthefear
11-06-2016, 11:13 AM
hahah that's a weak offer for AD. awful

TiagoSimoes
11-06-2016, 11:37 AM
Id love this to happen. Great things happening in Boston, Ainge and Stevens duo is amazing and they have a great team, 1 superstar away to being a true contender.
And Davis talent is getting wasted in NO, trash roster they put around him. Sadly this trade isnt happening, like the ppl above me said, you dont trade Davis, especially when he is locked up until 2021, you will have alot of time for that latter if it comes to it.

Wally450
11-06-2016, 11:53 AM
I would like it, but I feel we'd end up in only a little bit of a better situation than New Orleans. I could only imagine what we'd give up. The Celtics would have AD, IT, and Horford. That's a good 3, but after that who the hell would they put on the floor? Or have come off the bench?

I like it because the Celtics would have AD. I don't like it because I feel the Celtics would be back at square 1.

jbryan1984
11-06-2016, 12:00 PM
Ya. And I still can't believe the Celtics still have Nets picks :lol

NO would never do this unless he was leaving them for sure.

On Boston's end, it would be a great core. Thomas/Bradley/Crowder/Horford/Davis.

Clifton
11-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Marcus Smart, Amir Johnson, Jaylen Brown, Kelly Olynyk, and two more first-round picks (from nets

for

Davis, Tim Frazier

celtics basically blow up entire team and gamble their future just to form davis + isiah Thomas + Horford core.
Celtics a great fit for AD in every way. He would love it there.

I'd rather see Horford, Bradley and picks for AD. I love the idea of AD teaming up with a bunch of tough guys like Smart, Isaiah, and Olynyk.

Not that Bradley isn't tough, but honestly I think he's expendable if they've got AD and Smart. I'd like to see a trade that actually happens outside my fantasies, and it still puts the Celtics in the conference finals every year for the foreseeable future, barring injuries.

qrich
11-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Pels control Davis for 5 more years and aren't going to give him up for a couple quarters and nickels.

It'd take Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Both Brooklyn picks, the Clippers pick, the Grizzlies pick and the Celtics also taking back one or all of Hill/Asik/Moore for expirings.

Which won't happen.

imdaman99
11-06-2016, 05:27 PM
Saw rumors about KP and Rose for him... at first I was like damn, KP??? The 2 unicorns in the league being traded for each other??? :eek:

I doubt it's even rumors, prob some idiot edgy Knicks beat reporter trying to say something ridiculous for clicks.

BigKAT
11-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Saw rumors about KP and Rose for him... at first I was like damn, KP??? The 2 unicorns in the league being traded for each other??? :eek:

I doubt it's even rumors, prob some idiot edgy Knicks beat reporter trying to say something ridiculous for clicks.

Rose is a declining player on a -1 year- deal.

Basically Delly is a stronger trade chip than him right now.

qrich
11-06-2016, 05:31 PM

Like the Pelicans would even consider that. Davis is entirely on another echelon than Staps and Rose, in all reality, isn't positive value.

AirBonner
11-06-2016, 06:08 PM
IT will not be the future of the Celtics. Celtics go nowhere with him as an important cog.

BigKAT
11-06-2016, 06:09 PM
IT will not be the future of the Celtics. Celtics go nowhere with him as an important cog.

I mean yeah he doesn't seem like he can get much better,
But beyond the fact that he is plain short,

Why not?
Dude is a baller.

r0drig0lac
11-06-2016, 06:11 PM
Pels control Davis for 5 more years and aren't going to give him up for a couple quarters and nickels.

It'd take Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Both Brooklyn picks, the Clippers pick, the Grizzlies pick and the Celtics also taking back one or all of Hill/Asik/Moore for expirings.

Which won't happen.
this

AirBonner
11-06-2016, 06:12 PM
I mean yeah he doesn't seem like he can get much better,
But beyond the fact that he is plain short,

Why not?
Dude is a baller.
He is a defensive liability and was limited on offense last year

RedBlackAttack
11-06-2016, 06:21 PM
For sh!ts and giggles, I clicked on the 'Sports' section of the site in the OP just to see how bad the source is (I knew it was going to be bad, just curious of the level of badness).

Here are some of the other recent topics posted:

NBA Trade Rumor: Chris Bosh to reunite with Lebron James at Cavs (http://www.hngn.com/articles/211159/20161011/nba-trade-rumor-chris-bosh-to-reunite-with-lebron-james-in-cleveland-cavaliers.htm)

NBA Trade Rumors: Cavs Kevin Love to Phoenix Suns for Brandon Knight, Tyson Chandler? (http://www.hngn.com/articles/211128/20161011/nba-trade-rumors-cavs-kevin-love-to-phoenix-suns-for-brandon-knight-tyson-chandler.htm)

NBA: Will Cavs let go of Kyrie Irving for DeMarcus Cousins? (http://www.hngn.com/articles/210852/20161010/nba-trade-rumors-demarcus-cousins.htm)

NBA Trade Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to trade Kevin Love for OKC Thunder's Victor Oladipo (http://www.hngn.com/articles/210625/20161007/nba-trade-rumors-cleveland-cavaliers-trading-kevin-love-to-okc-thunder-for-victor-oladipo.htm)

NBA Trade Rumors: Love to Lakers, Russell to Sixers, Noel to Cavs? (http://www.hngn.com/articles/209866/20161004/nba-trade-rumors-love-to-lakers-russell-to-sixers.htm)

NBA Trade Rumors: D'Angelo Russell to leave Lakers for Bucks, Greg Monroe and Jabari Parker to Lakers? (http://www.hngn.com/articles/208611/20160929/latest-nba-trade-rumors-dangelo-russel-leave-lakers-bucks-greg.htm)

http://i.imgur.com/pR3tklc.gif

JohnnySic
11-06-2016, 06:41 PM
No thanks. Dont want Davis, and dont want to gut the team.

Rather Cousins. Better player (Davis' big start notwithstanding) and can get him for less.

imdaman99
11-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Like the Pelicans would even consider that. Davis is entirely on another echelon than Staps and Rose, in all reality, isn't positive value.
Maybe so, but he's also injury prone and can't win a game. I'm sure Knicks wouldn't trade KP either.

qrich
11-06-2016, 07:00 PM
Maybe so, but he's also injury prone and can't win a game. I'm sure Knicks wouldn't trade KP either.

Davis has already led the Pelicans into the post-season with one of the worst supporting casts (Gordon missing like 40 games, Evans always hurt, Jrue having a down year).

Knicks wouldn't, but then again, Knicks fans still think Melo is worth Blake :confusedshrug:

knicksman
11-06-2016, 07:02 PM
LOL Boston. After what you did to the big3, theres no big free agent willing to sign in there.

imdaman99
11-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Davis has already led the Pelicans into the post-season with one of the worst supporting casts (Gordon missing like 40 games, Evans always hurt, Jrue having a down year).

Knicks wouldn't, but then again, Knicks fans still think Melo is worth Blake :confusedshrug:
If Davis has already led the Pelicans into the post-season with one of the worst supporting casts before, what's changed this year? Has he regressed? Has his impact become worse? Is it a tough schedule? Did the Pelicans schedule all their games against the Cavs, Spurs, and Warriors to start the season?

You can keep your Blake, I want nothing to do with him. But then again, I'm not a fan of Melo anyway. Maybe you guys can have him for free. Give the Knicks a pick and Mbah a Moute :oldlol: throw in some expiring junk as well to make salaries match :cheers:

RoseCity07
11-06-2016, 07:25 PM
The only way they trade Davis is if they get offered Curry and Durant. Lebron and Kyrie would be a deal they might do. Nothing that is going to happen.

aj1987
11-06-2016, 07:44 PM
The only way they trade Davis is if they get offered Curry and Durant. Lebron and Kyrie would be a deal they might do. Nothing that is going to happen.
LeBron/Kyrie or Curry/KD for AD? What have you been smoking, dude?

Derka
11-06-2016, 09:05 PM
They just signed AD to that monster extension...the hell would they trade him for? Sounds bogus to me.

And I'm saying this as a Celtics fan: that's not a good haul for him. NO can do better. Like...a whole lot better.

Prime_Shaq
11-07-2016, 12:15 AM
No way in hell NO trades him

Smoke117
11-07-2016, 12:20 AM
Anthony Davis is going nowhere.

Dr Seuss
11-07-2016, 01:36 PM
NOH sends: Anthony Davis
NOH receives: LAL 17 1st round pick + future 1st round pick + Okafor+ Saric + Jaylen Brown (and possibly marcus smart?)

PHI send: LAL 1st round pick + future picks, Okafor + Saric + Noel
PHI receives: Anthony Davis

BOS sends: Jaylen Brown + Marcus Smart
BOS receives: Noel

maybe change some stuff for BOS. or change smart with someone else? Evans to boston? or Jrue?

AirTupac
11-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Lakers are gonna get him in FA.

Zubac
Davis
Ingram
Randle
Clarkson
D'Angelo

gg

Real14
11-07-2016, 01:43 PM
Send him to the Knicks

Ben Simons
11-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Trade rejection rumor: Anything Celtics offer for Davis.

r0drig0lac
11-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Lakers are gonna get him in FA.

Zubac
Davis
Ingram
Randle
Clarkson
D'Angelo

gg
2021?

bdreason
11-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Every team in the league is eyeing Anthony Davis.

kshutts1
11-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Dumber things have happened... ok, actually maybe not... but there is literally no realistic trade that should get AD away from the Pelicans.

As another poster said, Pelicans would be dumb to trade Davis for anything less than a Curry or Lebron type player.. but those players would not be traded by their respective teams. Therefore... nothing realistic.

The reason Davis is so un-get-able is that the only reason to trade him would be to tank for draft picks and lottery odds, etc... but DAVIS IS THE TYPE OF PLAYER YOU WANT WITH THE NUMBER ONE OVERALL PICK. If he was 28? Sure, I'd entertain some offers similar to the Boston one. But not at 23. There were players drafted that were almost as old as him.

Again... really dumb things happen in the league. But if Davis were traded any time in the next year or two, it would likely be the dumbest decision EVER by a GM... whether the Pelicans GM or the receiving team's GM.

toneloc103
11-07-2016, 04:13 PM
You never trade Davis. Ever. He will be a generational player unless injuries continue to stop him.

fixed that for ya

qrich
11-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Every team in the league is eyeing Anthony Davis.

But only a few have the assets to get him. And even fewer would look at those assets as "tradeable" assets.

Either way, I really don't see New Orleans dealing Davis unless he requests out.

jbryan1984
11-07-2016, 06:05 PM
Can we close this yet. Its not gonna happen and we know that. See the other links from this site that RBA posted?

AintNoSunshine
11-07-2016, 09:12 PM
This would be a semi decent package if this is AD's free agency year...