Kobe is much more creative and stylish.

Mr. Jabbar
11-06-2016, 05:11 PM
cant argue here.

BEAN.

BRYANT.

CuhGetsBucks
11-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Well with time if course someone in the future will be more creative than the older player. Dwight Howard had some creative dunks, but I'm not gonna say he's a better Dunker than VC.

CuterThanRubio
11-06-2016, 05:20 PM
I made this thread already

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408193

Smoke117
11-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Being more creative doesn't matter in a real game situation...being EFFECTIVE DOES. Jordan could palm the ball easily while Kobe couldn't...that alone makes him a better dunker who can pull off dunks in more situations.

SexSymbol
11-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Being more creative doesn't matter in a real game situation...being EFFECTIVE DOES. Jordan could palm the ball easily while Kobe couldn't...that alone makes him a better dunker who can pull off dunks in more situations.
That's a laughable argument.

Smoke117
11-06-2016, 05:45 PM
That's a laughable argument.

I think you have my post confused with your movie reviews.

Nilocon165
11-06-2016, 05:45 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

TheWinningFam
11-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Lol.

SexSymbol
11-06-2016, 05:51 PM
My movie reviews make more sense than your post did, so I trully might've just confused them :cheers:

Smoke117
11-06-2016, 06:00 PM
My movie reviews make more sense than your post did, so I trully might've just confused them :cheers:

How stupid do you have to be to not understand that a player who can palm the ball is going to have a much easier time dunking as opposed to someone who can't? (kobe) That it makes a player a better dunker who is able to pull out dunks in more situations is common sense. I could have brought up the fact that Jordan was just much more athletic in general too...better hops, more nimble, more power...but I didn't see a need to go past the size of their hands in regards to these two when we already know Jordan is a better athlete.

raprap
11-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Got em :oldlol:

scuzzy
11-06-2016, 06:27 PM

sa sa sa slayeddddd :lol

SexSymbol
11-06-2016, 06:36 PM
How stupid do you have to be to not understand that a player who can palm the ball is going to have a much easier time dunking as opposed to someone who can't? (kobe) That it makes a player a better dunker who is able to pull out dunks in more situations is common sense. I could have brought up the fact that Jordan was just much more athletic in general too...better hops, more nimble, more power...but I didn't see a need to go past the size of their hands in regards to these two when we already know Jordan is a better athlete.
I've played ball for many many years, palming the ball, which Kobe can do, just not off the dribble like MJ could, and not many others can, helps a bit, but it is not that important if you have a good to great vertical.
Palming the ball is much more important when you're learning to dunk and you can barely touch the rim, for professional players it doesn't really matter that much as you're trying to make it out to be.
Kobe is a more stylish dunker than MJ, so at least in the aesthetic standpoint, he definitely has him.

Big164
11-06-2016, 06:38 PM
I'm a Kobe fan and even I think op is on pcp or something. Vince? Possibly... But Kobe ain't even close to being close. Just not that great of a leaper

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6c/b2/1f/6cb21fc3df1c3bdbee5b387cfc73d17d.jpg

SexSymbol
11-06-2016, 06:49 PM
I'm a Kobe fan and even I think op is on pcp or something. Vince? Possibly... But Kobe ain't even close to being close. Just not that great of a leaper

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6c/b2/1f/6cb21fc3df1c3bdbee5b387cfc73d17d.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Y9Vx0Thl4
style>leap

ShawkFactory
11-06-2016, 08:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Y9Vx0Thl4
style>leap
Is style the only thing that matters?

jstern
11-06-2016, 09:06 PM
I could never get into Kobe's dunk. He's a move copier (a positive) and so emulates every dunk he sees, but when he dunks, it feels a little forced compared to the gracefulness of a Jordan. It's like, he can't spend as much time as Jordan in the air, and so has to strain more, and get the dunk off quicker. You can also kind of see it in their off hand, where Jordan's hand goes down straight and comfortable, while Kobe's hand is sometimes crooked and in different positions. Also their legs, Jordan's extends naturally while he hangs, while Kobe in many situations has to do quick movements before he lands.

To me it's gracefulness vs straining.

Lebron for example, he's not a move copier, he just plays more natural to his style, so while not doing as many different types of dunks as Kobe, they don't look as strained.

Smoke117
11-06-2016, 09:29 PM
I could never get into Kobe's dunk. He's a move copier (a positive) and so emulates every dunk he sees, but when he dunks, it feels a little forced compared to the gracefulness of a Jordan. It's like, he can't spend as much time as Jordan in the air, and so has to strain more, and get the dunk off quicker. You can also kind of see it in their off hand, where Jordan's hand goes down straight and comfortable, while Kobe's hand is sometimes crooked and in different positions. Also their legs, Jordan's extends naturally while he hangs, while Kobe in many situations has to do quick movements before he lands.

To me it's gracefulness vs straining.

Lebron for example, he's not a move copier, he just plays more natural to his style, so while not doing as many different types of dunks as Kobe, they don't look as strained.

Lebron is like Pippen when it comes to dunking...he just wants to smash it down in your face...he doesn't care about getting cute with it.

3ball
11-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Jordan could double pump with ease from the FT line, whereas Kobe who can't dunk AT ALL from the ft line..

Kobe's never taken off anywhere near the FT line in games or dunk competitions, whereas Jordan did so all the time and made it look easy.

Jordan jumped much higher off one or two legs, which is why he amassed 726 dunks from 1988-1993 - that's a 130 average per season, which is twice Kobe's average during his prime.. and dunks were less frequent during Jordan's time period than Kobe's (due to paint-camping and no 3-pointer spacing)..

This is all statistical fact - let me know if anyone wants the source data for these stats.. Jordan is literally a rich man's Kobe, who would destroy any player in the history of the game, in substantially any aspect of the game.

pauk
11-06-2016, 09:43 PM
lol

Round Mound
11-06-2016, 09:54 PM
:wtf: :facepalm :no:

Prometheus
11-06-2016, 10:23 PM
SexSymbol is the gayest poster I've ever seen.

Prometheus
11-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Jordan could double pump with ease from the FT line, whereas Kobe who can't dunk AT ALL from the ft line..

Kobe's never taken off anywhere near the FT line in games or dunk competitions, whereas Jordan did so all the time and made it look easy.

Jordan jumped much higher off one or two legs, which is why he amassed 726 dunks from 1988-1993 - that's a 130 average per season, which is twice Kobe's average during his prime.. and dunks were less frequent during Jordan's time period than Kobe's (due to paint-camping and no 3-pointer spacing)..

This is all statistical fact - let me know if anyone wants the source data for these stats.. Jordan is literally a rich man's Kobe, who would destroy any player in the history of the game, in substantially any aspect of the game.

3ball, sometimes you're awesome. :applause:

Kblaze8855
11-07-2016, 12:35 AM
If you count the rookie/sophmore contest as a game....Lebron has literally done a better version of every dunk Kobe did in the dunk contest....in a game. That said.....neither is better than Jordan.

Lebron doesnt attack the basket like he hates humanity like MJ did....so he has few brutal jump out of your seat posters relative to his athletic ability. Kobe occasionally would go try to dunk on someone just to....but he didnt have the explosion of Jordan.

I always liked Kobes up and under dunks and he bodied a few people with the quick chest to chest one handers.....

But I never saw him do anything I think the others were incapable of. I dont believe Kobe had the physical ability to make some of the plays ive seen out of Jordan.

OldSchoolBBall
11-07-2016, 12:41 AM

Such a sick picture.

egokiller
11-07-2016, 01:32 AM

Damn, I knew there was a gap I just didn't think it was that big of a gap. The real question is, who's got the full unseen footage of the monte carlo game where MJ trash talks Magic and dunks all over him.

Big164
11-07-2016, 02:13 AM
Jordan is still 2nd at the very Least all time when it comes to dunking while Kobe is not even top 20.

MJ just spent so much damn time in the air. Hang time, airtime, not even Vince who I rank higher, mastered that illusion of "flying" quite like MJ did

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/e15/11311473_1643150815964425_1133380234_n.jpg

GimmeThat
11-07-2016, 04:04 AM
Lebron is a better shooter, guys his size just isn't suppose to average numbers like that, especially under the NBA 3 point line in comparison to the college 3 point line.

Showtime80'
11-07-2016, 10:09 AM
Slowly step away from the keyboard and watch A REAL Jordan dunk compilation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPRyG5bOOtY

NOBODY in the history of the league has combined the leaping ability, gracefulness, power, versatility, fearlessness and creativity like Michael Jordan did!!!

Remember A TON of the dunks Jordan pulled off was in the era of clogged paints and NO FLAGRANT FOUL RULE so in a lot of situations Michael was carrying 1, 2 or even 3 guys to the rim WITH HIM!!! Look at the people Jordan was dunking on: Shaq, Kareem, Eaton, Robinson, Moses, Olajuwon, Rollins, Parish, McHale, Laimbeer, Mourning, Mutombo etc...

Like someone mentioned, Jordan's hand size allowed him to fully exploit his leaping prowess and turn those dunks into artistic fluid movements while Kobe had to STRAIN a lot on his dunks because his small hands could not absorb heavy contact while leaping from farther out.

Jordan has an argument to being the GREATEST dunker of all time while Kobe has a hard time breaking the top 5 not to mention he TRIED COPYING ALL OF MJ'S MOVES!!! LOL

Showtime80'
11-07-2016, 10:14 AM
Another quality of Jordan that he has in spades over Kobe, STRENGHT!!! Pure raw STRENGHT!!!

Watch the dunk he had on Laimbeer at 10:30. Basically Bill made NO PLAY ON THE BALL, spiking with full strength MJ's forearm WITH BOTH HANDS!!! No harm, no foul, just a dunk upside Laimbeer's head!

Prometheus
11-07-2016, 10:21 AM

NOBODY in the history of the league has combined the leaping ability, gracefulness, power, versatility, fearlessness and creativity like Michael Jordan did!!!

Remember A TON of the dunks Jordan pulled off was in the era of clogged paints and NO FLAGRANT FOUL RULE so in a lot of situations Michael was carrying 1, 2 or even 3 guys to the rim WITH HIM!!! Look at the people Jordan was dunking on: Shaq, Kareem, Eaton, Robinson, Moses, Olajuwon, Rollins, Parish, McHale, Laimbeer, Mourning, Mutombo etc...

Like someone mentioned, Jordan's hand size allowed him to fully exploit his leaping prowess and turn those dunks into artistic fluid movements while Kobe had to STRAIN a lot on his dunks because his small hands could not absorb heavy contact while leaping from farther out.

Jordan has an argument to being the GREATEST dunker of all time while Kobe has a hard time breaking the top 5 not to mention he TRIED COPYING ALL OF MJ'S MOVES!!! LOL

GOAT

ClipperRevival
11-07-2016, 10:21 AM
If you count the rookie/sophmore contest as a game....Lebron has literally done a better version of every dunk Kobe did in the dunk contest....in a game. That said.....neither is better than Jordan.

Lebron doesnt attack the basket like he hates humanity like MJ did....so he has few brutal jump out of your seat posters relative to his athletic ability. Kobe occasionally would go try to dunk on someone just to....but he didnt have the explosion of Jordan.

I always liked Kobes up and under dunks and he bodied a few people with the quick chest to chest one handers.....

But I never saw him do anything I think the others were incapable of. I dont believe Kobe had the physical ability to make some of the plays ive seen out of Jordan.

Every player has dunks they excel at and don't excel at. Kobe probably did the up and under dunks better than MJ. And he does have some monsterous chest to chest dunks off two feet. But everything else, MJ literally sh*ts on Kobe.

And another good point about how MJ attacked the basket like he wanted to kill the basket every time. He just brought a FEROCITY to the game that few had.

tpols
11-07-2016, 10:26 AM
And another good point about how MJ attacked the basket like he wanted to kill the basket every time. He just brought a FEROCITY to the game that few had.

on a scale of joe johnson to westbrook where do you think MJ would fit ?

ClipperRevival
11-07-2016, 10:28 AM

Some guys are vertical dunkers, jumping off 2 feet, deep knee bend and exploding vertically (Nique, VC, JRich, Gordon, etc) and some are horizontal dunkers, jumping off one feet from distance and covering ground horizontally (Lavine, Drexler, Erving, etc).

MJ could do both. That pic up there is something no one can duplicate. No one could contort their body in the air like that and not fall on their face. LOL. MJ's body control/agility was simply on another level to another in history and I don't think i'm exaggerating.

ClipperRevival
11-07-2016, 10:32 AM
on a scale of joe johnson to westbrook where do you think MJ would fit ?

Wesbrook/MJ both were both 100 on a scale of 1-100.

ClipperRevival
11-07-2016, 10:35 AM

:bowdown:

One of the best MJ dunk compilations on YouTube. Saw that several times. Anyone who doesn't watch that 27 minute clip and doesn't think he has a legit case for GOAT dunker is a moron.

Prometheus
11-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Some guys are vertical dunkers, jumping off 2 feet, deep knee bend and exploding vertically (Nique, VC, JRich, Gordon, etc) and some are horizontal dunkers, jumping off one feet from distance and covering ground horizontally (Lavine, Drexler, Erving, etc).

MJ could do both. That pic up there is something no one can duplicate. No one could contort their body in the air like that and not fall on their face. LOL. MJ's body control/agility was simply on another level to another in history and I don't think i'm exaggerating.

LaBran one-legged goat

bond10
11-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Dunks based on pure athleticism - MJ, dude looked like he was floating sometimes

Dunks based on creativity - Kobe, but I think this is more preference and just time

MJ also had a shit ton more posters on those beast centers of the 90s.

Sarcastic
11-07-2016, 01:02 PM
MJ's layups > Kobe's dunks

Serious.

Real14
11-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Are you serious?

Dragonyeuw
11-07-2016, 01:53 PM
The difference is, there's nothing Kobe did dunk-wise that MJ couldn't duplicate if he came along after Kobe instead of the reverse. MJ being a better jumper, more explosion, and the bigger hands argument would lend themselves to doing the stuff you saw from Kobe but would likely look better simply because MJ was a superior athletic specimen. Look at some of the shit Jason Richardson was pulling two years after Vince Carter did it, I'd argue J-Rich's dunk contest repertoire was overall more creative, but would anyone doubt that *athletically*, VC couldn't have pulled off that shit? Dunking is one of those things where 'today's' player will usually have a creative advantage, since they're using yesteryear's player as a base and then adding onto it.

tpols
11-07-2016, 02:01 PM
The difference is, there's nothing Kobe did dunk-wise that MJ couldn't duplicate if he came along after Kobe instead of the reverse. MJ being a better jumper, more explosion, and the bigger hands argument would lend themselves to doing the stuff you saw from Kobe but would likely look better simply because MJ was a superior athletic specimen. Look at some of the shit Jason Richardson was pulling two years after Vince Carter did it, I'd argue J-Rich's dunk contest repertoire was overall more creative, but would anyone doubt that *athletically*, VC couldn't have pulled off that shit? Dunking is one of those things where 'today's' player will usually have a creative advantage, since they're using yesteryear's player as a base and then adding onto it.

well yea but then Dr J fans could technically come in here (if they existed) and say MJ copied him and built off his base.. and then some random globetrotter can come in and say Dr J stole off him.. and so on and so forth. At some point you have to give credit to players that have 'added onto it'.. thats how the game progresses.

scuzzy
11-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Im have him ranked between 11th and 13th

Dragonyeuw
11-07-2016, 02:21 PM
well yea but then Dr J fans could technically come in here (if they existed) and say MJ copied him and built off his base.. and then some random globetrotter can come in and say Dr J stole off him.. and so on and so forth. At some point you have to give credit to players that have 'added onto it'.. thats how the game progresses.

Right, that's what I'm saying basically. MJ elevated what Dr. J did, David Thompson, that type of thing. I don't think Kobe elevated what MJ did. He has his own wrinkles( especially his baseline dunks, those always impressed me the most) but if you can find examples of similar dunks between them( one hand tomahawks for example) Kobe didn't extend what MJ did on that kind of stuff. Whether it be height off the ground, the way he held the ball back because he had complete control of it or the little things he did with it in-air, or the way he tilted his body in-air, MJ just looked better doing those kinds of dunks. MJ was never much of a 360 degree dunker, which was Kobe's thing, but obviously MJ could pull it off no less gracefully and likely with more agility and power. It's kind of obvious in certain situations when Kobe strained to do certain things that were 'just' beyond his scope because they required increased air ability.

CuterThanRubio
11-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Kobe and Michael were very similar on the basketball court, their games are nearly identical to the untrained eye since Kobe modeled his game after Mike's and was lucky enough to possess a comparable level of athleticism.

One big difference between their play is how they dunked, Kobe was a technician willing to display difficult maneuvers to demoralize the opposition and energize the fans, while Jordan was a graceful yet powerful dunker who favored "air" time over advanced and overly mechanical tricks.

Whether or not Jordan simply chose to keep things simple and effective, the fact remains that Kobe performed a wider variety of dunks that are harder to complete than he did.

Kobe was no slouch when it came to posterizing bigs either, he rocked the rim against the best defenders of his era just as Jordan did during his time.

Jordan may have accumulated a higher number of dunks since it was easier to get to the rim in his era, but I think most would agree that quality>quantity and Kobe's resume is much more impressive.

Kobe is also an innovator, he was the first person to perform the elbow in the rim dunk (honey dip), years before Vince Carter introduced it to the masses in 2000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLK0rz9pqDc <<<Proof for the few who aren't familiar.

Jordan made the freethrow line slam famous but he wasn't the first to do it, gotta give Kobe the edge in that sense.

Jordan has NEVER DONE A 360 DUNK IN A REAL GAME!

Kobe has entire compilation videos of his 360 slams

Jordan was unable to do a between the legs dunk something Kobe unleashed to win the slam dunk contest.

There should be no debate, Kobe was a better dunker than Jordan when you factor in degree of difficulty and innovation.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/78eb344449c3a1094aad77151519d60e/tumblr_mwkjogWGAD1sl53p3o1_250.gif

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/kobe-posterizing-thunder-kobe-bryant-gifs.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/MjDEUmFwqbME8/giphy.gif

There is no argument here, Kobe is better at dunking the ball from a technical standpoint.

Jumping from further out doesn't change the dunk, you just jumped longer, it was still a boring one hand tomahawk.

Mr. Jordan, can you please demonstrate a 360 dunk, or windmill?

Oh, you have never done one of those dunks before?

............*Flatline

Compare this to mathematics, you are telling me that a person who is an expert at calculus and trigonometry is less skilled than the person who can't understand those things but is the human calculator when it comes to addition?

:hammerhead:

jstern
11-07-2016, 05:56 PM
There is no argument here, Kobe is better at dunking the ball from a technical standpoint.

Jumping from further out doesn't change the dunk, you just jumped longer, it was still a boring one hand tomahawk.

Mr. Jordan, can you please demonstrate a 360 dunk, or windmill?

Oh, you have never done one of those dunks before?

............*Flatline

Compare this to mathematics, you are telling me that a person who is an expert at calculus and trigonometry is less skilled than the person who can't understand those things but is the human calculator when it comes to addition?

I don't know. Those dunks just don't really stand out like a Carter, Jordan. Maybe you're young and seeing an under the leg dunk really impresses you, with it all being fresh to you.

Prometheus
11-07-2016, 07:06 PM

Terrible analogy

CuterThanRubio
11-07-2016, 07:37 PM
I don't know. Those dunks just don't really stand out like a Carter, Jordan. Maybe you're young and seeing an under the leg dunk really impresses you, with it all being fresh to you.

Aesthetics are STRICTLY opinion based

The difference between Kobe and Jordan dunking is NOT a matter of opinion!

Kobe has performed a wider variety of dunks, therefore he is the greater dunker, it's not hard to comprehend, even if you are a Jordan apologist there is no way to weasel your way out if it, Jordan kept it simplistic and powerful, Kobe was a technical slammer with more tricks up his sleeve, end this thread.

ShawkFactory
11-07-2016, 07:59 PM
Terrible analogy
For real though :lol

But even if we were to take that analogy seriously, someone who is a human calculator when it comes to simple math would be able to perform a wider variety of tasks at a high level than the calc/trig guy.

One of them just didn't take the time to study trig or calc...because ultimately mastering the simple math is more effective. I mean, how many people REALLY use calculus in their day-to-day life

jstern
11-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Aesthetics are STRICTLY opinion based

The difference between Kobe and Jordan dunking is NOT a matter of opinion!

Kobe has performed a wider variety of dunks, therefore he is the greater dunker, it's not hard to comprehend, even if you are a Jordan apologist there is no way to weasel your way out if it, Jordan kept it simplistic and powerful, Kobe was a technical slammer with more tricks up his sleeve, end this thread.

Jordan can replicate every dunk Kobe has ever done, (do you think he's going to fall on his face if he tried to do a 360? I think Pauk asked that.) But Kobe cannot replicate every dunk Kobe has done.

I've copied all of those Kobe dunks you posted, (on a shorter court), I was able to replicate them. Would that make me a better dunker than Jordan? Is Shaq a better dunker than Jordan because he did a 360, which is all simple footwork?

I really can't see Kobe recreating this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6c/b2/1f/6cb21fc3df1c3bdbee5b387cfc73d17d.jpg

CuterThanRubio
11-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Jordan fanboys can ONLY live vicariously through HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIOS

You don't think Kobe can do a leaning dunk.......

Courtesy of the BIG HOMIE Steve (#NashGang) :

http://www.trbimg.com/img-53193819/turbine/la-kobe-bryant-career-pictures-pg-028

It's over!

Now, can you find any footage of Jordan doing a 360 in a game?

Nope!

How about an eastbay?

In your dreams, maybe

You guys can continue to live in a fantasy world, but in REAL LIFE Kobe is the better dunker.

And PLEASE post evidence that you are capable of replicating those dunks, these midgets out here who can't even touch net are armchair analyzing the art of throwing down, STOP IT!

ShawkFactory
11-07-2016, 09:58 PM

http://www.trbimg.com/img-53193819/turbine/la-kobe-bryant-career-pictures-pg-028

It's over!

Nope!

How about an eastbay?

In your dreams, maybe

You guys can continue to live in a fantasy world, but in REAL LIFE Kobe is the better dunker.

And PLEASE post evidence that you are capable of replicating those dunks, these midgets out here who can't even touch net are armchair analyzing the art of throwing down, STOP IT!
You REALLY don't think Michael Jordan is capable of doing a 360 dunk?!

:roll:

CuterThanRubio
11-07-2016, 09:59 PM
He has never performed one in a game, so what am I supposed to say?

I only believe what I can see, save the hypothetical nonsense.

Kobe has done more, in actual games, and in dunk contests, deal!

jstern
11-07-2016, 10:07 PM

It's over!

Nope!

How about an eastbay?

In your dreams, maybe

Are you kidding me? You posted a picture of Kobe leaning in because Nash is undercutting him.

I guess the only thing I can suggest is to look at Jordan's dunks, but instead imagine Kobe doing them. Instead of Jordan imagine Kobe doing this dunk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DshipCyQpxw You would find it unbelievable because you're not used to seeing Kobe being able to dunk the way Jordan dunks.

Also, look at Kobe's left hand in that dunk you posted. It comes out weird over the extra strain he normally has to put.

andgar923
11-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Not this shit again.

Outside of maybe 2 Kobe stans, nobody believes Kobe is the better dunker. Even most Kobe fans have conceded that MJ is better even if they prefer some of Kobe's dunks.

And for the record, YES MJ can do a 360.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwGoJtC_UmE

And in case some of you thought that wasn't enough...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJK_1dRPumY

360 baseline elbow inside rim

CuterThanRubio
11-07-2016, 10:52 PM
Nash flopped, he didn't undercut anyone, we've all seen that play countless times

Kobe anticipated him standing tall and had to lean to get the bucket

Here's another analogy, you take a skateboarder who can do a lot of tricks versus one who can only ollie high, who's better?

Obviously the one who can do more maneuvers, not the one who is really good at a certain thing.

JohnMax tried stealing my old thread so I had to take it over, sorry Jordan stans

ClipperRevival
11-07-2016, 11:27 PM
CuterThanRubio,

Your argument is so dumb. It really is. You can't discredit MJ for possessing noticeably greater athleticism. Part of being a transcedent athlete IS possessing God given athleticism. It's part of who they are. Do we hamper LeBron for it? Or Shaq? Or Hakeem? No.

Kobe was a tier lower than MJ as a dunker. MJ has case for GOAT dunker. Kobe has a case for top 10, maybe 7-8.

Take this L and move on.

ShawkFactory
11-08-2016, 12:32 AM

You've seen the way he can jump. Naive of you to think that because you didn't personally see him do an open court 360 or between-the-legs then that means that he couldn't.

I know you didn't watch Jordan, so just listen to what people are saying.

Kiddlovesnets
11-08-2016, 12:38 AM
Nope not really, hes a better long-range shooter than MJ though.

Hakeem Olajuwon
11-08-2016, 05:01 AM
I prefered what Dominique Wilkins did in the 80's.
I loved Kobe's jumper more than his dunk.
Michael Jordan remains my favourite.

CuterThanRubio
11-08-2016, 07:49 AM
CuterThanRubio,

Your argument is so dumb. It really is. You can't discredit MJ for possessing noticeably greater athleticism. Part of being a transcedent athlete IS possessing God given athleticism. It's part of who they are. Do we hamper LeBron for it? Or Shaq? Or Hakeem? No.

Kobe was a tier lower than MJ as a dunker. MJ has case for GOAT dunker. Kobe has a case for top 10, maybe 7-8.

Take this L and move on.

You are a living breathing L, lil' guy!

I didn't discredit MJ, I enjoy his dunks too, but Kobe has a deeper selection of dunks to choose from, it's not about what you think they could have done, it is about what has been historically documented, simple logic

Prometheus
11-08-2016, 09:53 AM
Dude a simple, nasty poster on a hapless defender is a better dunk than a f*cking between the legs f@gshow. The better dunker is not the guy that does fancy acrobatics, it's the one who dunks on you better, harder, meaner, stronger... what's a better highlight? Kobe on a fast break, doing a 360? Or Jordan emasculating Ewing on the baseline in '91? Go with your gymnastics and I'll go with the posterizer.

ShawkFactory
11-08-2016, 10:06 AM
Dude a simple, nasty poster on a hapless defender is a better dunk than a f*cking between the legs f@gshow. The better dunker is not the guy that does fancy acrobatics, it's the one who dunks on you better, harder, meaner, stronger... what's a better highlight? Kobe on a fast break, doing a 360? Or Jordan emasculating Ewing on the baseline in '91? Go with your gymnastics and I'll go with the posterizer.
And it's just...a 360, windmill, or between the legs dunk isn't hard for somebody who can really elevate. At all.

ClipperRevival
11-08-2016, 11:11 AM
You are a living breathing L, lil' guy!

I didn't discredit MJ, I enjoy his dunks too, but Kobe has a deeper selection of dunks to choose from, it's not about what you think they could have done, it is about what has been historically documented, simple logic

Look here lil'mon. You and the few of you on this universe keep thinking that and the rest of the universe will continue to think MJ is superior. OK?

Dragonyeuw
11-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Kobe's 97 contest between the legs aesthetically wasn't all that great. JR Rider did a much cleaner and technically impressive version 3 years before that.

Cali Syndicate
11-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Kobe's 97 contest between the legs aesthetically wasn't all that great. JR Rider did a much cleaner and technically impressive version 3 years before that.

Desmond mason probably had the cleanest between the legs. Vince Carter's was nice too using mcgrady holding the ball. But jrich just dominated the between the legs in so many ways.

Rolando
11-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Kobe actually had the balls to enter the allstar game dunk contest and win it.

What the hell happened to today's stars? No balls.

Kobe is not at all at Jordan's level....except, he's got the cajones.

Respect.:pimp:

Dragonyeuw
11-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Desmond mason probably had the cleanest between the legs. Vince Carter's was nice too using mcgrady holding the ball. But jrich just dominated the between the legs in so many ways.

Good points. Out of all the between the legs in the contest, Kobe's by far is the least technically impressive compared to those names.

CuterThanRubio
11-08-2016, 04:34 PM
And Jordan has never even done a through the legs dunk, period.

Kobe is a great posterizer and has dunked on the greatest bigs of his time, I think the slam on Dwight is better than any poster Jordan has.

I was content with letting this case remain closed in favor of Kobe, but my teachings had inspired JohnMax to revive the discussion.

I have already said everything I can, the only people disputing FACTS are sensitive Jordan stans or Kobe haters.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ee/e9/ed/eee9ed8c9bd7bb093f4be4376b6ea27d.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/af/0e/2b/af0e2b5746d29facc8523a71d63099a2.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/92/bb/af/92bbafea6a155bc9da2a0133da062491.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/65/cd/ea/65cdea478dc3269b33148f070df9d4f5.jpg

I thought Kobe couldn't recreate Jordan's dunks but Jordan could recreate all of his?

It seems like we have plenty of evidence supporting the idea that it was the opposite!

You can only HYPOTHESIZE that Jordan was able to do Kobe's dunks, while we can clearly SEE that Kobe could do anything he could, only from a lesser distance and vertical.

CASE CLOSED!

ShawkFactory
11-08-2016, 05:01 PM
And Jordan has never even done a through the legs dunk, period.

Kobe is a great posterizer and has dunked on the greatest bigs of his time, I think the slam on Dwight is better than any poster Jordan has.

I was content with letting this case remain closed in favor of Kobe, but my teachings had inspired JohnMax to revive the discussion.

I have already said everything I can, the only people disputing FACTS are sensitive Jordan stans or Kobe haters.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ee/e9/ed/eee9ed8c9bd7bb093f4be4376b6ea27d.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/af/0e/2b/af0e2b5746d29facc8523a71d63099a2.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/92/bb/af/92bbafea6a155bc9da2a0133da062491.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/65/cd/ea/65cdea478dc3269b33148f070df9d4f5.jpg

I thought Kobe couldn't recreate Jordan's dunks but Jordan could recreate all of his?

It seems like we have plenty of evidence supporting the idea that it was the opposite!

You can only HYPOTHESIZE that Jordan was able to do Kobe's dunks, while we can clearly SEE that Kobe could do anything he could, only from a lesser distance and vertical.

CASE CLOSED!
You just posted 4 pictures and said that Kobe can do everything Jordan could :lol

Prometheus
11-08-2016, 05:16 PM

You are an insufferable retarded f*ck. I get that you're too young to have watched Jordan play, but highlight videos are sufficient for things like dunks. No excuse for your bullshit.

Dray n Klay
11-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Hahaha I didn't know Jordanites could get so upset :lol

And I thought 1-9 was there weakness all along :roll:

CuterThanRubio
11-08-2016, 05:31 PM
You are an insufferable retarded f*ck. I get that you're too young to have watched Jordan play, but highlight videos are sufficient for things like dunks. No excuse for your bullshit.

I don't speak un-athletic virgin nerd!

How old do you think I am, clown?

I have watched plenty of Jordan footage, more than a lot of these so called fans on the board!

I'm probably the only person in this thread who has actually dunked on 10ft in their lifetime, yet these SLOBS want to examine the art of dunking like experts

360s and through the legs are the toughest dunks to master, and Jordan NEVER did either of those in a game or competition..

Why are we still arguing about this?

Dro
11-08-2016, 05:34 PM

Bruh, you can't be this dense. Its like you're wanting Kobe to win this so bad. Why? And Jordan came up in the 80's...How many guys were doing Eastbays and 360's bro. Did you see any of these games that were played back then? And how old are you? Don't want to keep harping on your age but it does matter. What makes you think Jordan can't do a 360? lol.

Prometheus
11-08-2016, 06:10 PM
I don't speak un-athletic virgin nerd!

How old do you think I am, clown?

I have watched plenty of Jordan footage, more than a lot of these so called fans on the board!

I'm probably the only person in this thread who has actually dunked on 10ft in their lifetime, yet these SLOBS want to examine the art of dunking like experts

360s and through the legs are the toughest dunks to master, and Jordan NEVER did either of those in a game or competition..

Why are we still arguing about this?

I have never seen something so pathetic. This guy has no more argument so he's blatantly lying "i dunk and you cant hurr durr"... just pitiful

CuterThanRubio
11-08-2016, 06:24 PM
I have never seen something so pathetic. This guy has no more argument so he's blatantly lying "i dunk and you cant hurr durr"... just pitiful

Exactly, I've dunked hundreds of times, you have never touched the rim, therefore my opinion is more valid than yours, you fvcking angry slob!

Players WERE doing 360s and through the legs dunks in the 80s, do your research, clearly you don't know enough about this subject to be taken seriously, so why bother, are you THAT upset?

I don't "want" Kobe to "win", I introduced a thought provoking alternative to the commonly accepted ideology, which was incorrect.

Watch a Kobe compilation and then watch MJ, who is more technically advanced?

Blame it on era all you want, that is besides the point, Kobe did more, the end.

How many times do I have to repackage the same post before you begin to understand?

Prometheus
11-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Exactly, I've dunked hundreds of times, you have never touched the rim, therefore my opinion is more valid than yours, you fvcking angry slob!

Players WERE doing 360s and through the legs dunks in the 80s, do your research, clearly you don't know enough about this subject to be taken seriously, so why bother, are you THAT upset?

I don't "want" Kobe to "win", I introduced a thought provoking alternative to the commonly accepted ideology, which was incorrect.

Watch a Kobe compilation and then watch MJ, who is more technically advanced?

Blame it on era all you want, that is besides the point, Kobe did more, the end.

How many times do I have to repackage the same post before you begin to understand?

Now you're typing essays in which you confuse me with other posters? I'm legit embarrassed for you. Tha fact that you think Kobe > Jordan is now an afterthought

jstern
11-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Good points. Out of all the between the legs in the contest, Kobe's by far is the least technically impressive compared to those names.
And that's the thing about how I see many of his dunks. While he's doing it because of intent, they just seem a little off, less athletic.

CuterThanRubio
11-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Jordan has never even thought about doing a self alley-oop dunk during a game.

Kobe has.

The list continues to grow in favor of #24, and in case you missed it that is one step greater than #23

Prometheus
11-08-2016, 10:25 PM

Kobe has.

The list continues to grow in favor of #24, and in case you missed it that is one step greater than #23

You are an effective troll because I honestly want to punch you in the face right now. Good job.

ShawkFactory
11-08-2016, 10:50 PM

Kobe has.

Why would he think about that? He averages 33 PPG in the playoffs for his career. Seems like he found something outside of doing twirls for 2 points :lol

CuterThanRubio
11-08-2016, 11:14 PM
You are an effective troll because I honestly want to punch you in the face right now. Good job.

Haha, that's so awesome, you can't discuss basketball without becoming totally enraged, you need serious help.

You should be VERY mad because I'm NOT trolling, I like Jordan, I have a MJ card on the wall above my Nash shrine, but I think Kobe is a better dunker and I succinctly explained my reasoning, read my original thread for more, the personal attacks are merely defensive measures.

You think you can beat me in a fight yet you can't even touch the rim?

How old are you anyway?, in your mid 30s making threats online to strangers because of Kobe Bryant, imagine what your family would think if they knew what you were doing right now.

Embarrassing.

Control your emotions and start stretching those arms, to quote MJ himself, "You reach, I teach!"

MrFonzworth
11-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Haha, that's so awesome, you can't discuss basketball without becoming totally enraged, you need serious help.

You should be VERY mad because I'm NOT trolling, I like Jordan, I have a MJ card on the wall above my Nash shrine, but I think Kobe is a better dunker and I succinctly explained my reasoning, read my original thread for more, the personal attacks are merely defensive measures.

You think you can beat me in a fight yet you can't even touch the rim?

How old are you anyway?, in your mid 30s making threats online to strangers because of Kobe Bryant, imagine what your family would think if they knew what you were doing right now.

Embarrassing.

Control your emotions and start stretching those arms, to quote MJ himself, "You reach, I teach!"

Mental disabilities confirmed.

Big164
11-09-2016, 12:18 AM
Seeing a human actually fly is aesthetically superior to anything kobe could come up with.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-19-2015/BMu_l2.gif

I hate ragging on Kobe but this is no contest.

jstern
11-09-2016, 12:29 AM
Speaking of creativity. Every dunk Kobe has done is not something that he created, came up with. He himself has even said that everything in game is a copy, and that there's nothing creative about him. So it's funny to think that Jordan couldn't implement a 360 if he cared about such a dunk.

Another point, if this was like diving in the Olympics, where judges have to give a number, not based on popularity, but difficulty and execution. Kobe would not fair well. He has to strain to much, with his off arm going crazy, having to quickly dunk the ball because he can't last as long in the air.

Showtime80'
11-09-2016, 12:39 AM
Can't believe this topic is still going on!

The Slam Dunk Contest which is the ultimate showcase for creative and awe inspiring dunks was in its PEAK when Michael competed in 85, 87 and 88. Go watch some of the highlights from those performances including the ONLY TAPE MEASURED free throw line dunk in the history of the contest done by Michael in 1985 and the double pump from the line in 87! Kobe couldn't do either of those dunks in his DREAMS!!!

When Kobe competed his performance was SO PATHETIC and generally boring that the league SCRAPPED the dunk contest in place of FRIGGIN 2-BALL!!!!LOL!!!

Wince Carter had to bring it back in 2000.

3ball
11-09-2016, 05:16 AM
the fact that jr rider and 18-year old kobe did eastbays proves how easy the dunk is, for those who can't dunk or can barely dunk.

an eastbay is NOT a hard dunk.. many guys who can barely dunk from the dotted line (let alone the ft line) can do eastbays.

the hard thing about eastbays is the COORDINATION required, which requires PRACTICE.

all those guys practiced eastbays before they did them in competition or games - that's every single guy, except maybe vince when he did it off a vertical in 2000 dunk contest (about the weakest eastbay you can do - off a simple bounce the way tmac bounced it).. btw, if Jordan came up in today's game, he'd be eastbaying ON guys off a vertical - that's how sick he was as a two-foot leaper - the greatest 2-foot leaper ever in nba, other than gerald green and maybe like one other similarly insignificant player..

look at his windmill in 1987 dunk contest and tell me he couldn't put that thru his legs if he had practiced it - he just kind of hangs there with the ball by his waist before dunking it - NO ONE hangs like that... look at his unparalled dunks off hop-steps that no one in history has ever done.. it's not even close - let me know if you want gifs.. he makes shit that westbrook, kobe, lebron, or dr j could never do off 2 legs, look EASY

ClipperRevival
11-09-2016, 10:09 AM
the fact that jr rider and 18-year old kobe did eastbays proves how easy the dunk is, for those who can't dunk or can barely dunk.

an eastbay is NOT a hard dunk.. many guys who can barely dunk from the dotted line (let alone the ft line) can do eastbays.

the hard thing about eastbays is the COORDINATION required, which requires PRACTICE.

all those guys practiced eastbays before they did them in competition or games - that's every single guy, except maybe vince when he did it off a vertical in 2000 dunk contest (about the weakest eastbay you can do - off a simple bounce the way tmac bounced it).. btw, if Jordan came up in today's game, he'd be eastbaying ON guys off a vertical - that's how sick he was as a two-foot leaper - the greatest 2-foot leaper ever in nba, other than gerald green and maybe like one other similarly insignificant player..

look at his windmill in 1987 dunk contest and tell me he couldn't put that thru his legs if he had practiced it - he just kind of hangs there with the ball by his waist before dunking it - NO ONE hangs like that... look at his unparalled dunks off hop-steps that no one in history has ever done.. it's not even close - let me know if you want gifs.. he makes shit that westbrook, kobe, lebron, or dr j could never do off 2 legs, look EASY

Yes please.

ClipperRevival
11-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Seeing a human actually fly is aesthetically superior to anything kobe could come up with.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-19-2015/BMu_l2.gif

I hate ragging on Kobe but this is no contest.

So beautiful. MJ's athleticism is so underrated because there was no wasted motion or serious straining. Just all fluid and smooth so it tricks people into thinking that what he's doing isn't that special.

Jump from the FT line and behind the back pump? How many in the history of the game could do that? Most guys who attempt the FT line dunk has just one purpose in mind: to execute the dunk. Because it's hard enough just to make this dunk and most end up reaching HARD to just get the ball in.

Big164
11-09-2016, 10:38 AM
The name of this thread should be Batman is a better acrobat than superman.

It's actually be less pointless and retarded

Rolando
11-09-2016, 11:11 AM

Jordan looks like he's an astronaut, floating in Space. Either that or he's underwater:

An extraordinary human being.

jstern
11-09-2016, 12:48 PM
So beautiful. MJ's athleticism is so underrated because there was no wasted motion or serious straining. Just all fluid and smooth so it tricks people into thinking that what he's doing isn't that special.

Jump from the FT line and behind the back pump? How many in the history of the game could do that? Most guys who attempt the FT line dunk has just one purpose in mind: to execute the dunk. Because it's hard enough just to make this dunk and most end up reaching HARD to just get the ball in.

And that's the point that I was trying to make with the Olympic diving example, where the swimmers don't get judge by just attempting a "dunk," but by its technical execution.

Such fluidity that you don't see in others, all other free throw dunks from NBA player are strained, simply trying to get the dunk off. While Jordan looked as if he did have a 48" vertical, but instead of straining from further away he just decided to make it look effortless and beautiful.

ClipperRevival
11-09-2016, 01:22 PM
And that's the point that I was trying to make with the Olympic diving example, where the swimmers don't get judge by just attempting a "dunk," but by its technical execution.

Such fluidity that you don't see in others, all other free throw dunks from NBA player are strained, simply trying to get the dunk off. While Jordan looked as if he did have a 48" vertical, but instead of straining from further away he just decided to make it look effortless and beautiful.

Not to mention, MJ is the only guy to do it like an actual bball play. Meaning dribble and two step and jump. Every other player just ran down the court without dribbling because it's harder to do it like MJ did.

CeltsGarlic
11-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Kobe dunks with more style. You are blind if you dont see it, a jordanfanboy or have no taste.

Showtime80'
11-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Kobe even after mimicking EVERYTHING Jordan did down to his mannerisms, which is pathetic and unoriginal in itself, DOES NOTHING with even 1/10 of the style Jordan did it.

Nice observations ClipperRevival and Jstern!!! Jordan's dunks looked even better because he dribbled the ball like it was a fast break situation in an actual game which made it even more aesthetically pleasing. Dr J was definitely the pioneer but he didn't dribble in his free throw line dunks.

Watching all of Michael's free throw line dunks from 85 to 88, I guarantee you Michael could've taken off with an entire FOOT behind the line and still made the dunk!!! Remember he dribbled and double pumped it!

Orlando Wooldridge was doing between the leg dunks in 1984 for God's sake while Dominique took care of the 360's since that year as well, after them countless others have pulled them off.

Count the list of players that have pulled off a TRUE FREE THROW LINE DUNK, only one. Michael Jeffrey Jordan!!!

Showtime80'
11-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Just for sh!ts and giggles here is his 1997 slam dunk contest performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqVibdD3UqA

I think Brent Barry gets more retrospective highlights from his performance!!!

Like I said the NBA cancelled the dunk contest for two years after this!

Dragonyeuw
11-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Kobe dunks with more style. You are blind if you dont see it, a jordanfanboy or have no taste.

Style is subjective. MJ's dunks( especially the 87 dunk contest ones) are immortalized and replayed in slo-mo for a reason. They're simply beautiful to watch.

http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Michael-Jordan-037-compressor.gif

Kobe can have his awkwardly executed between the legs dunks. That, above, is art.

Smoke117
11-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Not to mention, MJ is the only guy to do it like an actual bball play. Meaning dribble and two step and jump. Every other player just ran down the court without dribbling because it's harder to do it like MJ did.

No he isn't...Pippen did it the same way. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSme4QmiLcs)

ClipperRevival
11-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Kobe even after mimicking EVERYTHING Jordan did down to his mannerisms, which is pathetic and unoriginal in itself, DOES NOTHING with even 1/10 of the style Jordan did it.

Nice observations ClipperRevival and Jstern!!! Jordan's dunks looked even better because he dribbled the ball like it was a fast break situation in an actual game which made it even more aesthetically pleasing. Dr J was definitely the pioneer but he didn't dribble in his free throw line dunks.

Watching all of Michael's free throw line dunks from 85 to 88, I guarantee you Michael could've taken off with an entire FOOT behind the line and still made the dunk!!! Remember he dribbled and double pumped it!

Orlando Wooldridge was doing between the leg dunks in 1984 for God's sake while Dominique took care of the 360's since that year as well, after them countless others have pulled them off.

Count the list of players that have pulled off a TRUE FREE THROW LINE DUNK, only one. Michael Jeffrey Jordan!!!

I would say that he would have a great shot at it if his sole purpose was to just dunk it without any style points and ran without a dribble like everyone else.

Showtime80'
11-09-2016, 03:50 PM
Thank you Dragon!!!!

That to me is what made Jordan and Dominique the greatest dunkers in history, they cared and CONCENTRATED on body positioning and movement above anything else. That's why Jordan specially looked like Baryshnikov going through the air. Nothing out of place, arms, legs, feet and head moving with a specific purpose and grace, when you see it in slowmo you truly get the real appreciation for their dunks.

The generation that came after them, except maybe for Jason Richardson, concentrated on just making the dunk or coming up with whatever trick, gimmick or variation they could pull off before the dunk (Howard, Kobe, Griffin, Carter, Lavine/Gordon) throwing the body placement and grace factor out the window! That's why you could watch ANY of Jordan's dunks over and over again even today and just marvel at the artistry.

You also have to remember another little detail, in the 80's Jordan along with Dominique were the CORNERSTONES OF THEIR FRANCHISES. In 1988 for example both finishing in the top 5 in MVP voting (Jordan winning it), top 2 in scoring while leading the Hawks to the 4th and 5th spots in the loaded East!!! How much time do you think they had practicing and coming up with trick dunks for a damn contest!?!

Contrast that with Kobe who was a rookie bench warmer in 1997 and Lavine/Gordon last year who were scrubs for two lottery teams and that makes what Jordan/Dominique did even more remarkable and unique!

ClipperRevival
11-09-2016, 03:53 PM
No he isn't...Pippen did it the same way. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSme4QmiLcs)

I stand corrected. But a couple of points: Pip is taller and longer so it's a TAD easier for him keeping all variables equal AND his sole purpose was to try to dunk it without any style points.

Showtime80'
11-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Pippen's free throw line dunk is a perfect example of what everybody is saying!!!

Scottie STRAINED to BARELY MAKE that dunk with very limited body movement.

Now go watch Michael's 1987 dunk again!

Dray n Klay
11-09-2016, 03:57 PM

hahaha ClipperRevival got exposed :oldlol: :banana:

CeltsGarlic
11-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Style is subjective. MJ's dunks( especially the 87 dunk contest ones) are immortalized and replayed in slo-mo for a reason. They're simply beautiful to watch.

http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Michael-Jordan-037-compressor.gif

Kobe can have his awkwardly executed between the legs dunks. That, above, is art.

You see, to me a perfect dunk makes out of a lot of options. Finishing, fluidity, elegance, raw power etc etc.. IMO the best looking dunk performers are Kobe, VC, LBJ had a fair share.. I dunno, a lot more just dont remember them rn.

CuterThanRubio
11-09-2016, 06:28 PM
Me in this thread:

http://images.sportsworldreport.com/data/images/full/6817/kobe-bryant-dunk-of-the-year.jpg

(That's lil Prometheus standing and watching because he can't jump)

Style is subjective, technique is not!

scm5
11-09-2016, 06:56 PM
How about we just all agree that Kobe has more style in his dunks and Jordan's dunks were just a showcase of his natural athleticism and power.

Kobe's was stylized because no, he wasn't as athletically gifted as MJ, but he still had excellent body control which allowed him to add a little something extra to his dunks.

MJ's dunks were just surreal to watch, the amount of hang time he gets, just how high he gets. He didn't need to add anything to it.

jstern
11-09-2016, 07:49 PM

The fluidity, particularly in his free throw line dunk is just something that Kobe can't match.

Bawkish
11-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Me in this thread:

http://images.sportsworldreport.com/data/images/full/6817/kobe-bryant-dunk-of-the-year.jpg

(That's lil Prometheus standing and watching because he can't jump)

Style is subjective, technique is not!

nah, this is more accurate of you in this thread

http://massappeal.com/wp-content/uploads/kobe-gets-punched-chris-childs.gif