PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade ranked as the 40th best player in league by ESPN

Smoke117
11-07-2016, 03:15 PM
35 and a ****ed up knee...still top 40. :bowdown:
Oh...and the rest of the 40-31 (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank40/nbarank-40-chicago-bulls-shooting-guard-dwyane-wade)...I think they are putting Melo way too high. I'd take Wade over him any day of the week. Carmelo over Whiteside? Right. :lol

CuhGetsBucks
11-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Damian Lillard vs. Chris Paul is a real debate?

lilteapot
11-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Thats a joke. Wade is at least top 20.

Smoke117
11-07-2016, 03:22 PM
Thats a joke. Wade is at least top 20.

I'd agree if we were just talking the playoffs.

Actually, top 15.

SamuraiSWISH
11-07-2016, 03:29 PM
I think his capabilities would have him ranked much higher.

Just not sustainable for a whole season. He's been impressive at times. Butler is our best player, but at times Wade has shown how he is actually the better more skilled player.

Just can't do it as consistently.

Now, imagine being 35 years old, busted wrist and still the best player in the game?! Leading your team to 62 wins, with average supporting talent, and his sidekick missing half the seasom?

:eek:

MellowYellow
11-07-2016, 03:31 PM
35 and a ****ed up knee...still top 40. :bowdown:
Oh...and the rest of the 40-31 (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank40/nbarank-40-chicago-bulls-shooting-guard-dwyane-wade)...I think they are putting Melo way too high. I'd take Wade over him any day of the week. Carmelo over Whiteside? Right. :lol

Melo, 23,6,3 on 47% shooting
Wade 17,4,3 on 43% shooting

You mad? :confusedshrug:

Smoke117
11-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Melo, 23,6,3 on 47% shooting
Wade 17,4,3 on 43% shooting

You mad? :confusedshrug:

Marshmelo is just empty stats that will lead the Knicks to another lottery birth. Congratulations on your empty stats, Carmelo.

Smoke117
11-07-2016, 03:37 PM
I think his capabilities would have him ranked much higher.

Just not sustainable for a whole season. He's been impressive at times. Butler is our best player, but at times Wade has shown how he is actually the better more skilled player.

Just can't do it as consistently.

Now, imagine being 35 years old, busted wrist and still the best player in the game?! Leading your team to 62 wins, with average supporting talent, and his sidekick missing half the seasom?

When I see these list I take into account health and everything...I dunno if htey are. You can really expect about 60 good games from Wade...with or without injury. Back to back games are generally going to be bad as at 35 he just doesn't have the recovery ability for that anymore. He was pretty shit in this first back to back game of the season as an example. You add up those games with the games he's likely to miss because of injury...I think 40 is fair. He's top 15 in the playoffs, though. The Bulls just need to get there so he can prove his real worth to this team.

There's no question that Wade is far more talented and skilled player than Butler...that's fairly evident just watching them handle the ball. Everything Wade does is just so smooth and graceful... he's just a great basketball player.

MellowYellow
11-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Marshmelo is just empty stats that will lead the Knicks to another lottery birth. Congratulations on your empty stats, Carmelo.
Knicks will have a better record than bulls, I guarantee it.

Hey Yo
11-07-2016, 03:56 PM
When I see these list I take into account health and everything...I dunno if htey are. You can really expect about 60 good games from Wade...with or without injury. Back to back games are generally going to be bad as at 35 he just doesn't have the recovery ability for that anymore. He was pretty shit in this first back to back game of the season as an example. You add up those games with the games he's likely to miss because of injury...I think 40 is fair. He's top 15 in the playoffs, though. The Bulls just need to get there so he can prove his real worth to this team.

There's no question that Wade is far more talented and skilled player than Butler...that's fairly evident just watching them handle the ball. Everything Wade does is just so smooth and graceful... he's just a great basketball player.
Maybe that's what Riley was thinking and the reason why he didn't want to give Wade big bucks? Continue to miss a lot of reg. season games but healthy for the playoffs.

Why pay for a whole season when there's a great chance you know you won't get close to that out of him? Heat already did that the last 3yrs LeBron was there.

SwayDizzle
11-07-2016, 03:57 PM
melo sucks, id take wade over him any time

lilteapot
11-07-2016, 04:04 PM
I'd agree if we were just talking the playoffs.

Actually, top 15.
There aren't 39 better players than Wade, in the regular season.

Dragonyeuw
11-07-2016, 04:07 PM
but at times Wade has shown how he is actually the better more skilled player.

Easily more skilled,and not just 'at times' but just in general. Ten years ago I figured he was a guy who would get by on being quicker/shiftier than everyone else until he aged himself past that point, but for a guy with his history of lower body injuries he's still one of the best in the league IMO, he just can't go flat-out for 38 mins a night over a full season anymore( and frankly never that in his prime anyways asides from 3-4 seasons). I just looked at his season averages, is he really 42% from the field and 47% from 3 so far? :wtf:

tpols
11-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Wade fans excited about top 40 huh? That's cute..

Hit me up when your boys top 12.

Nash
11-07-2016, 04:18 PM
these are not fun when Kobe is not in the league and we don't get to see kobestans melt

CuhGetsBucks
11-07-2016, 04:20 PM
these are not fun when Kobe is not in the league and we don't get to see kobestans melt
Kobe would say he's motivated by his ranking every year....

Then play worse than the season before :roll:

aj1987
11-07-2016, 04:23 PM
Favors and Adams over Wade? :oldlol:

GrapeApe
11-07-2016, 04:59 PM
I can honestly say I don't think many people thought he'd still be a quality player at 35 years old. The general sentiment was that he'd be ineffective once his athleticism began to fade. Either that or his injuries would force him to retire. Wade's skill has always been criminally underrated. He's one of the most skilled and intelligent guards in NBA history.

He can no longer be consistently great like he once could, but there's very few players in the league I'd rather have in the 4th quarter. He's still an elite closer and crunch time performer. That's what the Heat will miss most. He was responsible for 7-8 wins last season with his late-game heroics. He just knows how to make winning plays, in all facets of the game.

Smoke117
11-07-2016, 05:34 PM
Maybe that's what Riley was thinking and the reason why he didn't want to give Wade big bucks? Continue to miss a lot of reg. season games but healthy for the playoffs.

Why pay for a whole season when there's a great chance you know you won't get close to that out of him? Heat already did that the last 3yrs LeBron was there.

Either way...you don't just let the face of the franchise walk away.

ArbitraryWater
11-07-2016, 06:20 PM
Dirk 4 years older just one spot behind :oldlol: :bowdown:

Real14
11-07-2016, 06:22 PM
melo sucks, id take wade over him any time
Get off that lean.

Jacks3
11-07-2016, 06:28 PM
40 is way too high. Last year his team was better with him on the bench (he was a negative in both the raw and adjusted +/- numbers), which isn't too surprising when you consider his terrible efficiency (TS% well below league-average), crappy perimeter shooting, and mediocre defense...it's a joke he made the all-star team.

Bankaii
11-07-2016, 07:03 PM
40 is way too high. Last year his team was better with him on the bench (he was a negative in both the raw and adjusted +/- numbers), which isn't too surprising when you consider his terrible efficiency (TS% well below league-average), crappy perimeter shooting, and mediocre defense...it's a joke he made the all-star team.
Doesn't get much more retarded than this.
Are Kobetards really scared of Wade? I mean Wade>Kobe in terms of peak but career wise it really isn't close.

Bankaii
11-07-2016, 07:08 PM
Lol at Dirk ranked over Dwight despite being worse on both sides of the court.:roll:
Dude gets so freaking overrated.

Smoke117
11-07-2016, 07:17 PM
Lol at Dirk ranked over Dwight despite being worse on both sides of the court.:roll:

Dwight also gets underrated by everyone, so it's a combination of both.

PJR
11-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Either way...you don't just let the face of the franchise walk away.

When we're talking him wanted 50 million over two years, yes you absolutely do. It's a salary capped sport.

ArbitraryWater
11-07-2016, 07:50 PM

still insecure about Dirk shitting on AI lol.. the issue here is Dwight getting underrated.

aj1987
11-07-2016, 07:53 PM
Are Kobetards really scared of Wade? I mean Wade>Kobe in terms of peak but career wise it really isn't close.
That retard literally stopped posting for months and is going to avoid this thread now like a little bitch.

The retard also doesn't realize that Wade shits on Kobe, when to comes to BPM and TS%.

OBPM RS:

Wade - 4.3 (Best - 8.7)
Kobe - 4.4 (Kobe is arguably supposed to at top 5 offensive player, yet only 0.1 over Wade :oldlol: ) (Best - 7.3)

DBPM RS:

Wade - 1.1 ( Best - 2.0)
Kobe - -0.6 (9 All-Def First doe... :roll: :roll: :roll: ) (Best - 1.7)

BPM RS:

Wade - 5.3 (Best 10.7)
Kobe - 3.9 (Best 6.4)

OBPM PO's:

Wade - 3.2 (Best - 11.4 and 6.1 with a larger sample)
Kobe - 3.7 (Best - 6.8)

DBPM PO's:

Wade - 1.8 ( Best - 2.8)
Kobe - 0.7(Best - 3.4 and 1.8 with a larger sample)

BPM PO's:

Wade - 5.1 (Best 13.7 and 8.9 with a larger sample)
Kobe - 4.4 (Best 7.5)

TS RS:

Wade - 56.2% TS (Best - 58.8%)
Kobe - 55% TS (Best - 58%)

TS PO's:

Wade - 55.2% (Best - 65% and 59.3% with a larger run while winning a ring)
Kobe - 54.1% (Best - 58.7% and 57.7% with a larger run while choking away a ring)

tl;dr - Wade shits on Kobe in box plus minus and TS%.

When we're talking him wanted 50 million over two years, yes you absolutely do. It's a salary capped sport.
The way Riley dealt with the situation was pathetic AF, TBH.

GrapeApe
11-07-2016, 08:34 PM

:rolleyes:

Terrible efficiency? He shot a respectable 46% from the field, 79% at the line, and had a 20.3 PER (top 5 among SG's). He averaged 19/5/4/1/1 in 30 mpg and was the leading scorer, most effective playmaker, and closer on a top 3 team in the conference. He also led the Heat in steals and was 2nd in total blocks. He was statistically one of the best 4th quarter players and crunch-time performers in the league. That kind of production and clutch play will get you on the all-star team nearly every year. He was also great in the playoffs, averaging 21/6/5 with a 22.3 PER and leading an undermanned Heat to within one game of the ECF.

Saying the Heat were better without him is an absolute joke. The Heat would have missed the playoffs without Wade.

Bankaii
11-07-2016, 08:44 PM
still insecure about Dirk shitting on AI lol.. the issue here is Dwight getting underrated.
Dirk doesn't shit on anyway:roll:
12/7/1 on 44% TS with a team that 1-5, and he didn't even play in that 1 win game.
Dude is no where near top 50 this season so far. Wipe the *** juice from your eyes and you'd see it.

Jacks3
11-07-2016, 09:06 PM

Well it's true that Kobe destroys Wade ITO career but what does that have to do with this thread? :confusedshrug:

AintNoSunshine
11-07-2016, 09:07 PM
I hope none of the Wade fans has any problem about it. He's recently had a 6 pt game or something. He is way way way out of his prime

Jacks3
11-07-2016, 09:17 PM
:rolleyes:

Terrible efficiency?

51.7% TS. League average was 54.1%. Yeah, that's pretty terrible, and then consider that he also had a ridiculous 31.6% usage rate.

Saying the Heat were better without him is an absolute joke.

No, not really. Every single impact stat has him as a negative, which isn't really surprising when you look at his actual game and skill-set. Like I said, his efficiency was terrible yet he still had a 32% usage rate. He was a crappy shooter (16% from three (lol), 34% from 10-15 feet, 38% from 16-23 ft) so he didn't really space the floor. His defense was mediocre....he simply wasn't bringing much to the table and that's reflected in both his raw and adjusted +/- numbers. 40 is certainly too high for the 2016 version of Wade.

Smoke117
11-07-2016, 09:24 PM
This Jacks3 kobe stan comes into every Wade thread to throw shade...it's pretty sad, really.

SouBeachTalents
11-07-2016, 09:33 PM
This Jacks3 kobe stan comes into every Wade thread to throw shade...it's pretty sad, really.

Dudes got literally dozens, if not hundreds of posts doing that :oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
11-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Dudes got literally dozens, if not hundreds of posts doing that :oldlol:
Even in his prime he was doing that ... You'd think Wade was terrible.

red1
11-07-2016, 10:41 PM
He was still a beast in the playoffs last year and almost got them to the ECF. He still got it in short bursts :O

SamuraiSWISH
11-07-2016, 11:13 PM
The LeBron stan revisionist history ... :facepalm

2012: 22/5/5 on 50% FG (played 80% of season)
2013: 21/5/5 on 52% FG (played 84% of season)
2014: 19/5/5 on 55% FG (played 64% of season)
2015: 22/4/5 on 47% FG (played 76% of season)
2016: 19/4/5 on 46% FG (played 90% of season)

Injury woes started at the end of the 2013 season. 2014 was the only season where he missed significant amount of time. And for an injury riddled player, he was always still there the vast majority of the season. It's hyperbole.