PDA

View Full Version : James Harden has been on another level this season

Smook A.
11-08-2016, 12:28 AM
After today's win vs the Wizards, Rockets are currently sitting at 4-3 and James Harden has looked like another player. The move from shooting guard to point guard was perfect for him and the team.

Harden finished with 32 pts, 15 asts, and 7 rebs today. He now has 4 games with 15 or more assists. His current averages are 31.5 ppg, 12.7 apg, 7.3 rpg, 1.5 spg and he's shooting 50% from the field. The only thing he needs to be careful of is not turning the ball over. Other than that, James Harden is BALLING. Playing like a top 5 player.

Smoke117
11-08-2016, 12:29 AM
I wonder if he will surpass his turnover record.

Smook A.
11-08-2016, 12:34 AM
I wonder if he will surpass his turnover record.
At this rate he obviously will, but I think soon enough those turnover numbers will go down. At least im hoping they do.

Aside from that, I'm really hoping he keeps this offense up. He's putting up scary numbers

Xsatyr
11-08-2016, 12:36 AM
He's up to 12.7 asts after tonight's games.

Smook A.
11-08-2016, 12:37 AM
He's up to 12.7 asts after tonight's games.
thanks, fixed it :pimp:

Spurs m8
11-08-2016, 01:00 AM
Eh, still averaging over 10FT a game.

Dudes a f*cking loser

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-08-2016, 01:09 AM
But is he playing any D?

bobopenguin
11-08-2016, 01:10 AM
those numbers are godly.

only he and mj23 had 4 games in a row with 30pt & 10ast+.

Terahite
11-08-2016, 01:23 AM
I watched the first quarter and Harden had like 6 turnovers. I'm surprised they won this game.

FreezingTsmoove
11-08-2016, 01:43 AM
This nikka would have won 7 straight MVPs in the 2000s

RoundMoundOfReb
11-08-2016, 01:44 AM
Honestly, I think his numbers are actually sustainable. ~30/10 would bot be surprising.

Marchesk
11-08-2016, 02:01 AM
those numbers are godly.

only he and mj23 had 4 games in a row with 30pt & 10ast+.

Some dude in the 60s averaged that his first 7 seasons.

ShawkFactory
11-08-2016, 02:19 AM
Is he still like another Melo tho?

I always wonder because of the type of numbers he puts up. He still seems like he just gets crazy numbers and then goes to bed.

Does he lead the team in any way? Or make anyone else better really?

TommyGriffin
11-08-2016, 02:21 AM
The end, middle, and beginning. Michael Jordan with a beard.

James Edward Harden Jr.

NuggetsFan
11-08-2016, 03:34 AM
Harden is the most underrated player of this generation IMO. Mostly because of his bullshit ability to draw FT's. He had some playoff flops in the generation of win or bust. Tons of great players fell apart in the post season but the 24/7 media and obsession with rings hitting a new high really hit Harden hard. His defense isn't great but it's not uncommon for great offensive players to be average or below average in that area. His SPG/blocks would have been enough to get people to back off 10 years ago IMO.

Harden isn't LeBron/Durant/last year Curry/Kobe/peak Wade atleast not yet but he's in that next tier and comfortably ahead of consistent All-Stars like Melo/Pierce/Allen/Carter/Iverson/George/Butler etc. It's been 6 games and I obviously don't expect that to keep up but if he even remains similar to what he's doing now he'll be closer to the first group than the second.

His game just annoy's people. Even the playoffs when he flops he's still decently efficient because all he does is shoot FT's and chuck's 3. His court vision and scoring has always been elite. He averages 25/7/5 on 18 shots a game with Houston. Similar if not better numbers in the playoffs.

GimmeThat
11-08-2016, 03:48 AM
like, the seats he got for the playoffs?

Hakeem Olajuwon
11-08-2016, 04:43 AM
i want to see him reach a new level in his defensive game.
we always knew about his offense and passing.

CarlosBoozer
11-08-2016, 05:12 AM
Everyone knew he was going to have godly stats with his new coach and team. His stats are really special but let's see if it makes any impact in the playoffs.

r0drig0lac
11-08-2016, 06:36 AM
:bowdown:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-08-2016, 06:40 AM

Some dude in the 60s

60s

antonAC
11-08-2016, 10:02 AM
OKC should have traded Chuckbrook.

kurple
11-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Harden is the most underrated player of this generation IMO. Mostly because of his bullshit ability to draw FT's. He had some playoff flops in the generation of win or bust. Tons of great players fell apart in the post season but the 24/7 media and obsession with rings hitting a new high really hit Harden hard. His defense isn't great but it's not uncommon for great offensive players to be average or below average in that area. His SPG/blocks would have been enough to get people to back off 10 years ago IMO.

Harden isn't LeBron/Durant/last year Curry/Kobe/peak Wade atleast not yet but he's in that next tier and comfortably ahead of consistent All-Stars like Melo/Pierce/Allen/Carter/Iverson/George/Butler etc. It's been 6 games and I obviously don't expect that to keep up but if he even remains similar to what he's doing now he'll be closer to the first group than the second.

His game just annoy's people. Even the playoffs when he flops he's still decently efficient because all he does is shoot FT's and chuck's 3. His court vision and scoring has always been elite. He averages 25/7/5 on 18 shots a game with Houston. Similar if not better numbers in the playoffs.
^^ agreed

TrueBlue89
11-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Best player in the League behind Bron Bron.

JebronLames
11-08-2016, 01:33 PM

Harden is better than peak Kobe, and he has been for a couple years now.

L.Kizzle
11-08-2016, 01:42 PM
His assist will probably top off around 9ish. Maybe right under. I'm still worried if we'll finish over .500 though. We have a home-home vs Spurs coming up.

Bosnian Sajo
11-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Harden is better than peak Kobe, and he has been for a couple years now.

**** this site.

Smook A.
11-08-2016, 05:03 PM

Harden gets a lot of hate, and I understand why he does but it gets to the point where people start overlooking his impact on the court. The haters only focus on his negatives and it pisses me off. Say Harden puts up 30/10/5 in a game. If Rockets won the game, you'd hear little praise from non-Rockets fans or see people saying he shot too many free throws. If Rockets lose that game, all you'd see is "he played shitty defense" or "he turned the ball over too much".

Replace Harden with a decent PG on the Rockets and they'd be right there with Pelicans through these 7 games. He's been carrying a lot of weight so far on his shoulders. He's also playing heavy minutes while doing most of the scoring and making guys around him better. Eric Gordon has looked fantastic with Harden as his PG. The entire offense looks great when Harden's on the court, and it's amazing to see. It's even better than last year.

bdreason
11-08-2016, 05:15 PM
We know Harden is a beast. We know he can post huge numbers.

The real question is, how does he perform come playoff time, when the defense is elevated and the FTA's are harder to come by.

CuhGetsBucks
11-08-2016, 05:17 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12664100&postcount=20
:roll:

Smook A.
11-08-2016, 05:23 PM
We know Harden is a beast. We know he can post huge numbers.

The real question is, how does he perform come playoff time, when the defense is elevated and the FTA's are harder to come by.
He's stepped up in the last 2 playoff appearances, especially in 2015. He just can't do all the work. The current Rockets need another key player or two if they want playoff success. Harden's going to get way too fatigued if he has to carry this workload all the season and into the playoffs, if Rockets make it.

bdreason
11-08-2016, 05:30 PM
He's stepped up in the last 2 playoff appearances, especially in 2015. He just can't do all the work. The current Rockets need another key player or two if they want playoff success. Harden's going to get way too fatigued if he has to carry this workload all the season and into the playoffs, if Rockets make it.

I agree, he needs another star player to run with, but who? It's hard to find star players who are a good fit with Harden, because he dominates the ball. I'm not saying Dwight Howard is still a star player, but theoretically he's a perfect running mate for a guy like Harden, and that didn't even work.

What star player would you match with Harden to make the Rockets contenders?

Smook A.
11-08-2016, 05:43 PM
I agree, he needs another star player to run with, but who? It's hard to find star players who are a good fit with Harden, because he dominates the ball. I'm not saying Dwight Howard is still a star player, but theoretically he's a perfect running mate for a guy like Harden, and that didn't even work.

What star player would you match with Harden to make the Rockets contenders?
The reason why Harden-Howard didn't work as planned was because Howard didn't wanna do pick & roll, which is ****ing stupid because he would've gotten more touches and that's what he wanted as a Rocket. Instead, Harden had to deal with Howard by giving him the ball in the post and we all know Howard is a garbage post player. I liked Dwight in Houston a lot, but some of the things he did just really made me question him.

I personally think a guy like Anthony Davis would fit perfectly with Harden, and if the Pelicans keep sucking I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he leaves the team or forces a trade.

pedromarinho
11-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Harden and Davis would really be ****ing scary now that I think of.

Dray n Klay
11-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Harden will never make it out of the 1st round for the rest of his career :pimp:

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2016, 06:53 PM
The reason why Harden-Howard didn't work as planned was because Howard didn't wanna do pick & roll, which is ****ing stupid because he would've gotten more touches and that's what he wanted as a Rocket. Instead, Harden had to deal with Howard by giving him the ball in the post and we all know Howard is a garbage post player. I liked Dwight in Houston a lot, but some of the things he did just really made me question him.

I personally think a guy like Anthony Davis would fit perfectly with Harden, and if the Pelicans keep sucking I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he leaves the team or forces a trade.

well no fcking shit a guy like Davis fits with another star :oldlol:

ClipperRevival
11-09-2016, 10:27 AM

Howard's view of his game has never been consistent with reality. He believes he should be a Hakeem/Shaq type, back to the basket C and have the offense run through him. He is not. He would've been a perfect fit with Harden had he accepted the P&R duties and play off Harden.

72-10
11-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Leading the L in tov