PDA

View Full Version : Mo Williams "Not Welcome" at Quicken Loans Arena

Nilocon165
11-08-2016, 01:16 PM
http://cavaliersnation.com/2016/11/07/mo-williams-reportedly-not-welcome-at-quicken-loans-arena/amp/

That's pretty sad tbh.

He did kind of **** the cavs over though.

L.Kizzle
11-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Cavs being Cavs. Doesn't matter he's part of the team that won, invite this man.

1manfastbreak
11-08-2016, 01:28 PM
please correct me if i'm wrong..

Cavs payroll is $131 Million this season, and the are not going to invite a player from their first ever championship team over $2 Million??

That's 1.5 percent of their total payroll.. that's like having $10 and letting your friend borrow $1.50 then never speaking to him again because he won't pay you back.

WOW.

L.Kizzle
11-08-2016, 01:39 PM

Cavs payroll is $131 Million this season, and the are not going to invite a player from their first ever championship team over $2 Million??

That's 1.5 percent of their total payroll.. that's like having $10 and letting your friend borrow $1.50 then never speaking to him again because he won't pay you back.

WOW.
It's actually less than $1.50 but I see your point.
Hell, LeBron did them much worse. Just because he came back you can't whipe that under the rug.

egokiller
11-08-2016, 01:43 PM
It's actually less than $1.50 but I see your point.
Hell, LeBron did them much worse. Just because he came back you can't whipe that under the rug.

It's actually 50/50 of how Clevelanders feel about Lebron. I've talked to enough people that live there to know that some say that the chip absolves him, others say he should have never left in the first place

Rocketswin2013
11-08-2016, 01:44 PM

WOW.
it's a shit thing to do. either retire or play.

moongaze
11-08-2016, 01:46 PM
"One other aspect that Vardon didn

DukeDelonte13
11-08-2016, 01:50 PM
he's being a jerk.

Mo complains his knee hurts. Cavs medical team says surgery will end your career. Just rest and rehab it.

Mo is unhappy wants second opinion. Mo gets second opinion. Same thing.

Mo gets third opinion. Gets surgery. Career now over. Now calls out the Cavs for not making his health a top priority. Meanwhile cavs probably have the largest and best medical staff in the league with some of the best facilities. (They are partners with the Cleveland f*cking Clinic afterall).

Maybe he was going to forgo the surgery but then the cavs drafted Felder and he knew his time was done here. I dunno.

Bosnian Sajo
11-08-2016, 01:50 PM

WOW.
$1.50 of $10 is 11.5%, so really it would be $0.15 out of $10 for it to be 1.5%

It's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY to these NBA teams, they only give a **** about you if you're helping them make a profit. Mo didn't do anything wrong really, he did the smart thing in making the Cavs pay for his health rather than out of his pocket...he did pick up that injury playing for them, after all.

This is especially ****ed when you consider that Mo was with the Cavs after Lebron left and stuck around until they actually traded him.

Another reason why I don't like Cleveland.

ajnapoleon
11-08-2016, 01:57 PM
It's actually 50/50 of how Clevelanders feel about Lebron. I've talked to enough people that live there to know that some say that the chip absolves him, others say he should have never left in the first place

I never understood that it was messed up how he left but

He never would have won with that team FO and coach

One man teams don't work

I never seen someone work so hard just to have no chance to win

Definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing with the same result

Plus that area had him for 7 years

plus his high school years

and elementary years

thats almost 20 years

he can't want one thing on his own and try something else?

Lebron23
11-08-2016, 02:02 PM

One man teams don't work

Just like the New York Knicks. LeBron did the right thing. Mike Brown is a terrible coach. He coached Gasol, Nash, Howard, and Kobe. And they failed to advance in the conference finals.

Kobetards are just salty because LeBron is going to double Kobe's Finals MVP. Kobe as a rookie don't want to play for the Hornets, and wants to play for the Lakers instead.

1manfastbreak
11-08-2016, 02:05 PM

It's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY to these NBA teams, they only give a **** about you if you're helping them make a profit. Mo didn't do anything wrong really, he did the smart thing in making the Cavs pay for his health rather than out of his pocket...he did pick up that injury playing for them, after all.

This is especially ****ed when you consider that Mo was with the Cavs after Lebron left and stuck around until they actually traded him.

wow yes I was way off. thank you. :facepalm

egokiller
11-08-2016, 02:08 PM

One man teams don't work

Not everyone makes decisions that result in them looking like a bitch. Some players actually have pride and believe in working hard for the organization that drafted them regardless. Look at the top 10 all time great list. Hell, let's look at a guy like KG.

JUN 28 1995 - Drafted by Minnesota Round 1 (#5overall)

OCT 2 1995 - Signed 3 year $5.39712 million contract with Minnesota

OCT 1 1997 - Signed a 6 year $126.0163 million rookie scale extension with Minnesota

OCT 1 2003 - Signed a 5 year $100 million veteran extension with Minnesota

JUL 31 2007 - Signed a 3 year $51.3 million veteran extension with Minnesota

So why did guys like KG keep working hard and signing with the same team that drafted them instead of joining 2 other players who at the time were top 5 in PER? When Lebron was #1 in PER, he joined wade who was #2 in PER and Bosh who was #4 in PER. Lebron left cleveland in just 7 years. KG stayed for 12 years before he left. And as big of a bitch as you may think lebron is.... it actually pales in comparison to what KD did.

KD is the poster boy for what a bitch made NBA player is all about and it's not even debatable.

Hey Yo
11-08-2016, 02:17 PM

Mo stuck around cause he was under contract with Cleveland. Where was he going to go? Besides, it wasn't like he stuck around for like 3 more years by his request, he was traded 5mos. into the same upcoming season James went to Miami.

ajnapoleon
11-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Not everyone makes decisions that result in them looking like a bitch. Some players actually have pride and believe in working hard for the organization that drafted them regardless. Look at the top 10 all time great list. Hell, let's look at a guy like KG.

JUN 28 1995 - Drafted by Minnesota Round 1 (#5overall)

OCT 2 1995 - Signed 3 year $5.39712 million contract with Minnesota

OCT 1 1997 - Signed a 6 year $126.0163 million rookie scale extension with Minnesota

OCT 1 2003 - Signed a 5 year $100 million veteran extension with Minnesota

JUL 31 2007 - Signed a 3 year $51.3 million veteran extension with Minnesota

So why did guys like KG keep working hard and signing with the same team that drafted them instead of joining 2 other players who at the time were top 5 in PER? When Lebron was #1 in PER, he joined wade who was #2 in PER and Bosh who was #4 in PER. Lebron left cleveland in just 7 years. KG stayed for 12 years before he left. And as big of a bitch as you may think lebron is.... it actually pales in comparison to what KD did.

KD is the poster boy for what a bitch made NBA player is all about and it's not even debatable.

You know it was KG that told lebron to leave the Cavs right:biggums:

He said don't end up like him on a go nowhere team:roll:

Look it up playboy

egokiller
11-08-2016, 02:27 PM

Look it up playboy

KG is just one of many examples. You missed the point entirely.
No worries though, missing the point is a common theme on this message board.

scuzzy
11-08-2016, 02:41 PM

No the reason you dont like CLevron, well, cus hes been jizzing on Kobe and the Lakers for 14 seasons

But cute scapegoat

Also, Meltdown :lol

Bosnian Sajo
11-08-2016, 02:49 PM
No the reason you dont like CLevron, well, cus hes been jizzing on Kobe and the Lakers for 14 seasons

Explain.

Also you're putting me in the group of sheep who are either pro Kobe and hate Lebron, or pro Lebron and hate Kobe. If you can't respect both of their skills and achievements, that's on you. I don't care to have that discussion with you, especially when Kobe is retired.

Curry said it best, make that old. Shits way too repetitive.

D-Wait
11-08-2016, 03:37 PM
Wow.
I remember thinking how cool it was that Mo was practicing with Felder in the summer...
This is sad now, Mo was my favorite Cav back in the day

Hey Yo
11-08-2016, 03:41 PM

Look it up playboy
:oldlol:

fuggin' slayed him

aj1987
11-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Not everyone makes decisions that result in them looking like a bitch. Some players actually have pride and believe in working hard for the organization that drafted them regardless. Look at the top 10 all time great list.
Lets look at the top 10, shall we?

MJ - Had PRIME Pippen and PJ by his 7th season.

KAJ - Had a fading, but still a very good Oscar from his 2nd season and requested a trade to the Lakers after a couple of seasons.

Magic - Stacked AF teams from his rookie season.

Shaq - Nothing really needs to be said.

Duncan - Never really had a bad team. Not one season.

Bird - Tiny, Maxwell, Parish, McHale, DJ, etc..

Kobe - Played with prime/peak Shaq for the first 8 seasons of his career. Was on bad teams for a little over two years and cried and demanded a trade until the Lakers made moves.

Hakeem - Legit.

BR - Same as Shaq.

LeBron - Played on mediocre/sub-par teams for 7 seasons. Went to a much better team via FA.

That's pretty much the top 10.

Spurs m8
11-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Anyone who cares about principle and has some morals and ethics would not approve of what he did tbh

SamuraiSWISH
11-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Any Clevelanders care to chime in, is this guy still banned?

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/lebron-comeback.jpg

Seems his heart and passion might have helped convince or influence him how loved or missed he was back home while playing in Miami?

Jasper
11-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Milwaukee is retiring his number :applause: :cheers:

EllEffEll
11-09-2016, 12:35 AM
I don't know all the particulars of this situation, but I did see Mo play in person several times when he was with the Clippers. The man ALWAYS gave 100% and left all he had on the floor. One hard working MoFo.