PDA

View Full Version : Whose the best rebounder in the league?

retaxis
11-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Tristan Thompson said he was but he also said Kevin love would disagree with him.

Kevin love has that self tipping skill which is so very effective and he literally rips the ball out of your hands on rebounds.

Lord P
11-11-2016, 11:13 AM
Drummond, Dwight, and DJ.
Drummond could grab even more boards if he was able to hit his damn freethrows and not get taken out of games.

iamgine
11-11-2016, 11:15 AM
Last season it's Drummond by a good margin.

This season so far it's Dwight.

retaxis
11-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Last season it's Drummond by a good margin.

This season so far it's Dwight.
Drummond and Dwight are monsters but statistically speaking I don't think they topped lives stats when he was at the wolves. I know love spends most of his time on the 3pt line now days making it much harder to collect rebounds but I just love guys who can snatch the ball right out of your hands

Orlando Magic
11-11-2016, 11:24 AM
If Dwight continues to work, it's him... and it's not even close. A healthy Dwight Howard is a top 10 rebounder all time, easily...

Xiao Yao You
11-11-2016, 11:46 AM
If Dwight continues to work, it's him... and it's not even close. A healthy Dwight Howard is a top 10 rebounder all time, easily...
Can't see him continuing to work though.

scm5
11-11-2016, 12:41 PM
Hassan Whiteside

LBJ 23
11-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Howard....Thompson and Love looked like babies compared to him in the last game

BigKAT
11-11-2016, 02:01 PM
If Kevin Love isn't playing with TT/Lebron James,

He's averaging 14 imo.

Top 5 rebounder in the league -easy-.

Hassan is a good mention,
So is Deandre.

But as the saying goes, not all rebounds were born equal.
So if I have to pick someone to get me game winning rebound? (offensive or defensive?)

I'm going with Steven Adams. He lacks in volume because he plays with Kanter/WB, but I think that if I -NEED- that board, he's the guy whose going to go get it for me. Best rebounder imo.

(I'm looking at box outs and defending the boards, not just grabbing them. If it's just volume, well you have the stats. Drummond/Whiteside/Howard. But I try to look at good rebounding teams. If you look at Timmy, the way he protected the board, and not only grabbed ones for himself (Quality box outs, tips) that is far more valuable then just being out for your own numbers.)

retaxis
11-12-2016, 10:19 AM
If Kevin Love isn't playing with TT/Lebron James,

He's averaging 14 imo.

Top 5 rebounder in the league -easy-.

Hassan is a good mention,
So is Deandre.

But as the saying goes, not all rebounds were born equal.
So if I have to pick someone to get me game winning rebound? (offensive or defensive?)

I'm going with Steven Adams. He lacks in volume because he plays with Kanter/WB, but I think that if I -NEED- that board, he's the guy whose going to go get it for me. Best rebounder imo.

(I'm looking at box outs and defending the boards, not just grabbing them. If it's just volume, well you have the stats. Drummond/Whiteside/Howard. But I try to look at good rebounding teams. If you look at Timmy, the way he protected the board, and not only grabbed ones for himself (Quality box outs, tips) that is far more valuable then just being out for your own numbers.)
Exactly good rebounders don't just hog the rebounds every time. They know when to box out the opponents from diving in for offensive rebounders and letting their team mates get some (who will push it up for the fast break), instead of fighting for the rebound every time. Being huffed and puffed out from fighting for selfish rebounds instead of the easy box out, tip pass (for fast breaks) and taking 12 seconds to make it down to the other side and forcing your team to do an iso instead might look good on the box score but its going to prevent a lot of good scoring opportunities.

E.g. Howard fights for rebound against another big man, takes him a few seconds of full on work to collect rebound passes it to his team who are standing around in their positions in the half court and a huffing and puffing Howard makes it to the opposite post on the offensive end with 12 seconds left on the shot clock. Meanwhile a smarter rebounder might just box out his man or tip it to another one of his team mates for a fast break layup/dunk transition 3. Kevin Love does fight for rebounds like Dwight but he also does full court passes which speeds up the fast break. Dwight holds onto the ball like he won a fight every time he got a rebound, passes it to some guard and slowly jogs to the offensive side asking for a low post iso with 7 seconds on the shot clock left.

DaHeezy
11-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Watching games I have to say Drummond. He'd grab more if teams didn't shoot so well against the Piston and if Drummond wasn't on the bench for being a liability. If it comes off the rim Drummond is getting it

ScalsFan21
11-12-2016, 06:53 PM
Drummond the player is overrated. Drummond the rebounder is all-time great. This is a guy who has actually admitted to mastering the art of intentionally missing shots to set up a rebound/easier score. He's THAT confident in his ability to rebound that he willingly does that (that or he's embarrassed he misses so many chippies lmao). Either way I think that's a pretty creative thing if true, almost a rec league move.

Kblaze8855
11-12-2016, 07:40 PM

Drummond is pulling down 15 rebounds a game last season and so far this one in like 31-32 minutes. Hes at least...close...to everyone.

Richesly
11-12-2016, 10:58 PM
Last season, Hawks were 28th in rebounding.

They are now the best rebounding team.

I think that says a lot for dwight.

Prime_Shaq
11-12-2016, 11:07 PM
TT puts in work on the boards in the playoffs.

atljonesbro
11-12-2016, 11:28 PM
Dwert

TaLvsCuaL
11-12-2016, 11:42 PM
Lowry probably

inclinerator
11-13-2016, 03:36 AM
lebron james