PDA

View Full Version : John Wall is losing Patience with the Washington Wizards

Lebron23
11-11-2016, 01:32 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/NBA-Shootaround-John-Wall-is-losing-patience-with-the-Washington-Wizards.html

They need to trade all of their players, and surround Wall with a better talent.

tpols
11-11-2016, 01:33 PM
Wall sucks.. he cant shoot worth a lick and has been a disaster in the playoffs when that gets magnified. I could see him going off if he was in a rondo role on a stacked team, but as the best guy? you're going absolutely nowhere with him.

Lebron23
11-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Wall sucks.. he cant shoot worth a lick and has been a disaster in the playoffs when that gets magnified. I could see him going off if he was in a rondo role on a stacked team, but as the best guy? you're going absolutely nowhere with him.

That's why they have Bradley Beal, but that guy is injury prone. Eric Gordon 2.0.

Wally450
11-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Maybe Wall isn't the answer in Washington. Get rid of him.

Sarcastic
11-11-2016, 01:55 PM
Wall for Okafor.

FreezingTsmoove
11-11-2016, 01:55 PM
He has every right to be upset

Look at who they drafted around him since he arrival in DC

Every single one has been a bust

CuhGetsBucks
11-11-2016, 01:57 PM
If he can still score what's the big deal about his shooting? This is the same dude who dropped a 40 piece on the #1 defense in the league last season. Any team with a PG as their best player not named the Warriors are probably not getting anywhere further than the WC/ECSF. This narrative that Wall is a tier below top NBA PGs because he can't carry that trash ass team needs to stop.
Managed to pull out a .500 season with his second best player out for most the season.

Lol stop it, if you don't like the dude that's fine. But he sucks? Nah bob

CelticBaller
11-11-2016, 02:13 PM
He has every right to be upset

Look at who they drafted around him since he arrival in DC

Every single one has been a bust
Beal Averaged 17 on good FG% last year

Otto Porter has improved every season, put two b2b 30 points game

Maybe the problems isn't the Wizards

CuhGetsBucks
11-11-2016, 02:22 PM

Beal started less than half the games last season because he was hurt so damn much, and you're really gonna argue players who average 17 ppg and 11 ppg are legitimate second and third options? :oldlol:

theaussieguy
11-11-2016, 02:26 PM
John Wall is a poverty Wade lmao, this guy aint no franchise player. We all thought he would be but he clearly is not.

pegasus
11-11-2016, 02:47 PM
Maybe Wall isn't the answer in Washington. Get rid of him.
Wall...Washington...not the answer...get rid of "him"...

Music to my ears:D

CelticBaller
11-11-2016, 02:47 PM
Beal started less than half the games last season because he was hurt so damn much, and you're really gonna argue players who average 17 ppg and 11 ppg are legitimate second and third options? :oldlol:
Beal started less than half of the games and still put up 17? how's that not impressive

Otto is averaging 16 this season.

Wizards have constantly added talent to the roster through draft. This team is still young, Wall should get off his high horse when there's plenty of worse teams out there wishing to have around the same talent.

Just look at the Hornets, went from a shitty team to a top team in the east. Kemba never "grew frustrated" publicity did he?

Smoke117
11-11-2016, 02:58 PM
If he can still score what's the big deal about his shooting? This is the same dude who dropped a 40 piece on the #1 defense in the league last season. Any team with a PG as their best player not named the Warriors are probably not getting anywhere further than the WC/ECSF. This narrative that Wall is a tier below top NBA PGs because he can't carry that trash ass team needs to stop.
Managed to pull out a .500 season with his second best player out for most the season.

Lol stop it, if you don't like the dude that's fine. But he sucks? Nah bob

https://m.popkey.co/7e8e08/rbdWv.gif

Tpols is a Lakers fan, so don't mind him...they never know what they are talking about.

tpols
11-11-2016, 03:01 PM
https://m.popkey.co/7e8e08/rbdWv.gif

Tpols is a Lakers fan, so don't mind him...they never know what they are talking about.

no im not .. im a kobe stan dummy. You ever see me support annoying ass laker fans on here? Nope. Just a basketball fan in general and john wall aint shit.

KiiiiNG
11-11-2016, 03:01 PM
I thought Scott Brooks was the savior :confusedshrug:

Smoke117
11-11-2016, 03:13 PM
no im not .. im a kobe stan dummy. You ever see me support annoying ass laker fans on here? Nope. Just a basketball fan in general and john wall aint shit.

You say that as if it makes it better...kobe stans are universally considered the worst basketball fans in the world. :biggums: Either way, John Wall is a baller and will one day make that leap to superstar.

Dr Seuss
11-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Wall to Utah for hood, favors, exum.

CuhGetsBucks
11-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Beal started less than half of the games and still put up 17? how's that not impressive

Otto is averaging 16 this season.

Wizards have constantly added talent to the roster through draft. This team is still young, Wall should get off his high horse when there's plenty of worse teams out there wishing to have around the same talent.

Just look at the Hornets, went from a shitty team to a top team in the east. Kemba never "grew frustrated" publicity did he?
You missed the point, he started less than half the games because of minutes restrictions on injuries. I think this is proof you're a box score guy, not a watch the games guy.

16 points, that's a great second option bruh!! Hall of fame bound isn't it?

If you consider Chris Singleton and Jan Vesley talent I'm extremely glad your not a GM.

The Hornets are off to a great start, don't get me wrong. But how does that reflect John Wall? John Wall defends, scores and playmakes. How can you literally put all the blame on him or any at all? James Harden only plays offensively and manages to pull out wins and yall hate him. Wall does everything in his will to win and yall shit on him because the results aren't there. On a team that provides no help. Shameful

CuhGetsBucks
11-11-2016, 03:20 PM
You missed the point, he started less than half the games because of minutes restrictions on injuries. I think this is proof you're a box score guy, not a watch the games guy.

If you consider Chris Singleton and Jan Vesley talent I'm extremely glad your not a GM.

The Hornets are off to a great start, don't get me wrong. But how does that reflect John Wall? John Wall defends, scores and playmakes. How can you literally put all the blame on him or any at all? James Harden only plays offensively and manages to pull out wins and yall hate him. Wall does everything in his will to win and yall shit on him because the results aren't there. On a team that provides no help. Shameful
Lol on top of that, how you gonna compare him to Kemba?

Kemba's team will make it to the ECSF at the most, the furthest Wall has been in the playoffs. At the end of the day if Wall was bounced in that same round yall would shit on him. So stop this narrative you're trying to make that other PGs can win and Wall can't.... It's asinine.

Smoke117
11-11-2016, 03:23 PM

That's ish for you...if you aren't rainbowing in 3pters...they don't care. Most basketball fans in general only care about scoring and not defense and playmaking.

tpols
11-11-2016, 03:33 PM
John Wall defends, scores and playmakes. How can you literally put all the blame on him or any at all? James Harden only plays offensively and manages to pull out wins and yall hate him. Wall does everything in his will to win and yall shit on him because the results aren't there. On a team that provides no help. Shameful

His combo of scoring and playmaking just isnt great offensively.. look at any offensive metric regular season and especially playoffs.. its just not good and has never been good. Pretty good at defense but nothing rare. He's underwhelming based on what you would think he could be with the eye test.. like a poor mans westbrook, which is pretty good but not close to top tier player especially for "the man" if you want a shot at winning. I dont care what you give russell, hes out east, for many years, he probably leads a few teams to top 3-4 seeds and goes apeshit in the playoffs where Wall has just been flat.

Dray n Klay
11-11-2016, 03:42 PM
His combo of scoring and playmaking just isnt great offensively.. look at any offensive metric regular season and especially playoffs.. its just not good and has never been good. Pretty good at defense but nothing rare. He's underwhelming based on what you would think he could be with the eye test.. like a poor mans westbrook, which is pretty good but not close to top tier player especially for "the man" if you want a shot at winning. I dont care what you give russell, hes out east, for many years, he probably leads a few teams to top 3-4 seeds and goes apeshit in the playoffs where Wall has just been flat.

Wall > Irving

CelticBaller
11-11-2016, 03:45 PM

If I was a box score guy I would've told you how bad Wall is on advanced stats, dummy.

and he's mediocre in the playoffs, the best team he's been progressed when he wasn't playing. I'm not trying to say he sucks but he's insanely overrated by his fans. Turns out they are on the same ego trip as him, maybe WAS should trade him to 76ers for one of those big men.

CuhGetsBucks
11-11-2016, 03:49 PM
If I was a box score guy I would've told you how bad Wall is on advanced stats, dummy.

and he's mediocre in the playoffs, the best team he's been progressed when he wasn't playing. I'm not trying to say he sucks but he's insanely overrated by his fans. Turns out they are on the same ego trip as him, maybe WAS should trade him to 76ers for one of those big men.
You still don't watch Wizards games based on that statement you just made, does not matter if you used advanced stats or not stop lying to yourself to win an internet debate.

You have no retort for anything I said, just more ramble about the playoffs he put up the same numbers he did in regular season. With injuries.

He's made it further than Isaiah Thomas, so where does that put your beloved PG?

Calls ego trip because he's not educated on a topic :roll: foh holmes

CelticBaller
11-11-2016, 03:58 PM
You still don't watch Wizards games based on that statement you just made, does not matter if you used advanced stats or not stop lying to yourself to win an internet debate.

You have no retort for anything I said, just more ramble about the playoffs he put up the same numbers he did in regular season. With injuries.

He's made it further than Isaiah Thomas, so where does that put your beloved PG?

Calls ego trip because he's not educated on a topic :roll: foh holmes
Ad hominen lol

Isaiah Thomas is far from beloved, but good job :applause:

tpols
11-11-2016, 04:14 PM
Wall > Irving

https://media.giphy.com/media/1YYNnvecqkm4M/giphy.gif

CuhGetsBucks
11-11-2016, 04:20 PM
5th in the league in Assist % atm, top 3 in Assists last two seasons, while leading the team in scoring. What PG in the last 10 seasons has done that and won multiple playoff series? Even Chris Paul hasn't led a team to numerous playoff wins by that measure.

You can play devil's advocate about Westbrook all you want but he's played with one of the greatest scorers in NBA history and failed to crack 10 apg. Westbrook has a more well rounded team than Wall. Let's see what he does with it before even making this argument.

brownmamba00
11-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Get Boogie to DC

Beal Otto picks whatevers needed

FreezingTsmoove
11-11-2016, 04:30 PM

Ooouu with all thats going on in the world I havent been keeping up with statlines

Nice to see Otto finally breaking out

tpols
11-11-2016, 04:31 PM
5th in the league in Assist % atm, top 3 in Assists last two seasons, while leading the team in scoring. What PG in the last 10 seasons has done that and won multiple playoff series? Even Chris Paul hasn't led a team to numerous playoff wins by that measure.

You can play devil's advocate about Westbrook all you want but he's played with one of the greatest scorers in NBA history and failed to crack 10 apg. Westbrook has a more well rounded team than Wall. Let's see what he does with it before even making this argument.

the wizards offense has been 28th, 26th, 25th, 30th, 17th, 22nd, and 20th with Wall playing.. Chris paul, year in and year out leads top 5 offenses and has a handful of number 1 led offenses under his belt. Pauls individual efficiency also blows Walls out of the water.

I dont care what John Wall's assist percentages are.. ANYBODY can dominate the ball and kickout layup kickout layup over and over especially at offensive efficiencies John Wall has proven capable of. He has crazy talent but it doesnt materialize into anything truly productive on the court, especially offensively.. and his lack of shooting in today's era is a major minus.

CuhGetsBucks
11-11-2016, 04:44 PM
the wizards offense has been 28th, 26th, 25th, 30th, 17th, 22nd, and 20th with Wall playing.. Chris paul, year in and year out leads top 5 offenses and has a handful of number 1 led offenses under his belt. Pauls individual efficiency also blows Walls out of the water.

I dont care what John Wall's assist percentages are.. ANYBODY can dominate the ball and kickout layup kickout layup over and over especially at offensive efficiencies John Wall has proven capable of. He has crazy talent but it doesnt materialize into anything truly productive on the court, especially offensively.. and his lack of shooting in today's era is a major minus.
Lol come on bruh, Stop trying to simplify basketball to those terms. If anyone could do it, anybody would. The Wizards have surrounded Wall with an awful team with players who probably wouldn't sniff the floor on other rosters. They get cast offs of other teams and send them to Washington. Hence why Paul Pierce was their third best player the season he got there. Don't give a QB poor recievers and expect him to throw touch downs every play. It just won't work like that.

And if we're talking efficiency, you're really making the claim Westbrook is more efficient than Wall?

tpols
11-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Lol come on bruh, Stop trying to simplify basketball to those terms. If anyone could do it, anybody would. The Wizards have surrounded Wall with an awful team with players who probably wouldn't sniff the floor on other rosters. They get cast offs of other teams and send them to Washington. Hence why Paul Pierce was their third best player the season he got there. Don't give a QB poor recievers and expect him to throw touch downs every play. It just won't work like that.

And if we're talking efficiency, you're really making the claim Westbrook is more efficient than Wall?

the wizards havent had that bad talent on them.. you keep saying awful team.. Nene and Gortat are/were solid NBA players.. as are guys like Trevor Ariza, Otto Porter, to a lesser extent Beal. Especially relative to the conference? Thats decent support. Harden's carrying Wall's leftovers to a top seed out West right now lol.

I watched Jkidd drag less than that to back to back Finals with no jumper.. Russell Westbrook sure as hell would lead a squad like that further than Wall currently is (shit he's doing it right now) .. Wall is like a flashy homeless mans version of those guys.

Dray n Klay
11-11-2016, 04:57 PM
tpols, the Wizards would've never made the playoffs if they had Irving instead of Wall from 2011-2016

bdreason
11-11-2016, 04:58 PM
The Wizards starting unit isn't that bad. Certainly good enough to make the playoffs out East. I like Wall, been a fan for a long time, but to me, he's an All-Star caliber PG, not a Superstar caliber PG. I don't think he's in any position to be complaining about the roster or demanding a trade.

iamgine
11-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Wall has actually done pretty damn well getting to EC semis twice with the squad he was with. His teammates kept getting injured.

But this season tho; they have no depth, not especially talented, with Scott Brooks as the HC. There are plenty to complain about.

Clifton
11-11-2016, 05:35 PM
Wall for Okafor.
Yes!

Although Wall and Simmons don't make much sense.

I thought Scott Brooks was the savior
Who on earth ever thought that? I thought he was a desperate try to get Durant.

ralph_i_el
11-11-2016, 06:05 PM
the wizards havent had that bad talent on them.. you keep saying awful team.. Nene and Gortat are/were solid NBA players.. as are guys like Trevor Ariza, Otto Porter, to a lesser extent Beal. Especially relative to the conference? Thats decent support. Harden's carrying Wall's leftovers to a top seed out West right now lol.

I watched Jkidd drag less than that to back to back Finals with no jumper.. Russell Westbrook sure as hell would lead a squad like that further than Wall currently is (shit he's doing it right now) .. Wall is like a flashy homeless mans version of those guys.

Are you shitting me? Kidd's finals squads were much better. Beal has been hit garbage this season. Trevor Ariza couldn't dribble.

CuhGetsBucks
11-11-2016, 06:21 PM
Are you shitting me? Kidd's finals squads were much better. Beal has been hit garbage this season. Trevor Ariza couldn't dribble.
Nene injured half the time, but yea Wall's the problem right? His second and third options average 17 and 11 ppg. Lmao smh

BigKAT
11-11-2016, 06:23 PM
There's more to games than stats.
Honestly I have not watched a single Wizards game this season,

I'll watch the Cleveland- Wizards one tonight.
Stats wise there's a bunch of reasons they are losing, but I'll wait for the eye test before I chip in on this discussion.

imnew09
11-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Stupid for firing their coach and getting Scott

tpols
11-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Nene injured half the time, but yea Wall's the problem right? His second and third options average 17 and 11 ppg. Lmao smh

bruh why are you lying ?

Beal played in all the playoff games.. he averaged 21 ppg on 41% shooting. The wiz were loaded up with guys in double figure scoring.. their whole starting lineup averaged 13+ ppg in the 2014 playoffs.. and they were a solid supporting cast. I dont know why you want to lie and tell everybody they were some god awful bunch.

right now they aint looking so hot but the Wiz have about as much talent as the rockets or thunder got without their big guns.. lets see if wall can take them anywhere near the same heights.

Spurs m8
11-11-2016, 06:47 PM
Wall is one of the most selfish players out there.

Never thinks about the team or his team mates, only ever about himself.

Overrated f*ckwit, team cancer tbh

Vman23
11-11-2016, 07:54 PM
John Wall has never played with another all-star, people acting like they have or had talent are crazy. The two years that he had a decent roster, he got to the ECSF. He got out the first round twice and in both series his team didn't have homecourt advantage. And they actually swept the 50 win Raptors and he outplayed Lowry if anyone remembers that.

And two years they ago they might have made the ECF if he didn't get hurt and miss half the series against Hawks.

CuhGetsBucks
11-11-2016, 08:07 PM
bruh why are you lying ?

Beal played in all the playoff games.. he averaged 21 ppg on 41% shooting. The wiz were loaded up with guys in double figure scoring.. their whole starting lineup averaged 13+ ppg in the 2014 playoffs.. and they were a solid supporting cast. I dont know why you want to lie and tell everybody they were some god awful bunch.

right now they aint looking so hot but the Wiz have about as much talent as the rockets or thunder got without their big guns.. lets see if wall can take them anywhere near the same heights.
Lol ard holmes im talking about the current season and the last season while you stuck on the 14-15 season, let it go holmes.

Nobody lying, idk if this site is that deep to you but it's not to me. You making it seem like Wall been playing with Scottie and MJ his whole career cut that shit bob

HylianNightmare
11-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Magic better offer everything

Levity
11-11-2016, 08:14 PM
Magic better offer everything

oladipo and sabonis would have been a decent starting point -____-

tpols
11-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Lol ard holmes im talking about the current season and the last season while you stuck on the 14-15 season, let it go holmes.

Nobody lying, idk if this site is that deep to you but it's not to me. You making it seem like Wall been playing with Scottie and MJ his whole career cut that shit bob

well, you mentioned nene.. who isnt on the team this year. and in general been talking about his career help. how is me saying wall has had some solid help over the years crazy? reality is much closer to what im saying than what youre saying. and Wall has been ass in the playoffs.. thats another reality.

and what is bob lol? is that a subtle attempt at racism.. ? smh. you have to come stronger than that Al. :D

Relinquish
11-11-2016, 08:52 PM
So much retardation in one thread.

Relinquish
11-11-2016, 08:53 PM

Wall is one of the least selfish players in the league. :facepalm

You eat everything the media says up, don't you? :lol

CuhGetsBucks
11-11-2016, 09:08 PM
well, you mentioned nene.. who isnt on the team this year. and in general been talking about his career help. how is me saying wall has had some solid help over the years crazy? reality is much closer to what im saying than what youre saying. and Wall has been ass in the playoffs.. thats another reality.

and what is bob lol? is that a subtle attempt at racism.. ? smh. you have to come stronger than that Al. :D
Nene was on the team the previous season, do you have trouble reading? Wall has not had top tier talent like you're making it seem. The Wizards retention rate is horrible at that too, so no, what you're saying is not reality.

And lmao racism? Are you insecure bruh? :roll:

tontoz
11-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Haven't read the thread, but the Wizards GM is garbage. 14 years on the job and they haven't won more than 46 games.

Beal is just an average sg so naturally they pay him the max. I could go on all day about all the dumb moves he has made. The wizards will never be good until they replace their GM.

Wall takes too many long 2s and turns it over too much, but he is a legit All-Star. He is not their problem.

ralph_i_el
11-11-2016, 10:07 PM
bruh why are you lying ?

They all average double figures because Wall force feeds them open shots. The last two seasons the starting 5 was good, bunch a horrible bench and injuries derailed things. Bench could be better this year when Mahinmi gets back

tontoz
11-12-2016, 10:21 AM

Seriously it is obvious you don't watch the Wizards. Stop pretending that you have a clue what you are talking about.

Why do you think Ariza (and Webster) had their career years on the Wizards? Pierce fell off a cliff after he left the Wizards and went to the Clippers. It isn't a coincidence.

Nastradamus
11-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Trade Wall, PGs are the easiest part to find.

tpols
11-12-2016, 11:41 AM
Seriously it is obvious you don't watch the Wizards. Stop pretending that you have a clue what you are talking about.

Why do you think Ariza (and Webster) had their career years on the Wizards? Pierce fell off a cliff after he left the Wizards and went to the Clippers. It isn't a coincidence.

i know you're probably shocked someone outside the wizard fanbase has watched a bunch of their games.. but yes it is true.. only because ive owned several in fantasy over the years.

furthermore, your examples are ridiculous. Paul Pierce didnt fall off a cliff just because he went to the clippers.. going from Wall to Paul isnt what made him descend.. being old and on his last legs it was inevitable he could drop off at anytime after he left the Celtics.. hell he was great for the Nets.. won them a playoff series just the year before and had better numbers than he did on the Wiz.

Ariza has been right around where hes at since 2009 when he broke out in the playoffs with the Lakers. There was no magical peak he had playing with
john Wall.. Hardens about to take a team with him as second option to the playoffs out west and likely win more than the Wiz ever have.

And on top of them you guys had a nice little frontcourt going there for a while. Two double figure scorers who in their primes were solid pieces.. not garbage like everyone in this thread has insinuated.

Wall's just a poor fit in today's game and flat out hasnt gotten it done when it matters. i know you got low standards but sheesh...

HylianNightmare
11-12-2016, 01:31 PM
oladipo and sabonis would have been a decent starting point -____-
You're telling me, I couldn't believe it. Especially after trading Harris for essentially nothing

Smoke117
11-12-2016, 03:42 PM

...right. :rolleyes: You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I bet you've barely even watched much of the wizards these past few seasons. John wall, selfish? :facepalm

tpols
11-12-2016, 03:45 PM
...right. :rolleyes: You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I bet you've barely even watched much of the wizards these past few seasons. John wall, selfish? :facepalm

just because you get assists doesnt mean you are unselfish.. we need to end that myth. you can pad assists, you can pad points, you can pad rebounds, in the end its all the same thing. league high rate of dominating the ball rondo style and spamming kickouts isnt unselfish.

Clifton
11-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Haven't read the thread, but the Wizards GM is garbage. 14 years on the job and they haven't won more than 46 games.

Beal is just an average sg so naturally they pay him the max. I could go on all day about all the dumb moves he has made. The wizards will never be good until they replace their GM.

Wall takes too many long 2s and turns it over too much, but he is a legit All-Star. He is not their problem.
Devastating.

Wizards last 16 years... there was a time when Andray Blatche was team captain. And I think we're still sending checks to Gilbert Arenas.

Agree with your assessment of Wall as well. Tho I tend to be hard on him. I still feel cheated that he didn't turn out to be Dwyane Wade.

CuhGetsBucks
11-12-2016, 06:07 PM
just because you get assists doesnt mean you are unselfish.. we need to end that myth. you can pad assists, you can pad points, you can pad rebounds, in the end its all the same thing. league high rate of dominating the ball rondo style and spamming kickouts isnt unselfish.
Nikka he's the PG wtf are you talking about? No one else on that team can create for themselves even in the slightest. This is dumb

Milbuck
11-12-2016, 06:25 PM
This "X numbers of players scored in double figures" argument for the Wizards is beyond stupid considering Wall is the guy orchestrating everything, not one of those guys can create offense consistently. It's such a meaningless argument that goes out the window the second you actually watch that team play. If you think those Wizards teams are even sniffing the playoffs without Wall let alone getting past the first round, you're delusional.

Nastradamus
11-12-2016, 06:25 PM
Mudiay,Jurkic,Harris and maybe some sort of pick. Get it done.

Fudge
11-12-2016, 06:26 PM
Wall, Gortat for Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans, Tim Frazier, Asik, future draft pick

Pelicans:

John Wall/E'Twaun Moore
Buddy Hield/Archie Goodwin
Solomon Hill/Quincy Pondexter
Anthony Davis/Dante Cunningham
Marcin Gortat/Terrence Jones

Wizards:

PG: Jrue Holiday/Tim Frazier
SG: Bradley Beal/Tyreke Evans
SF: Otto Porter/Kelly Oubre
PF: Markieff Morris
C: Omer Asik/Ian Mahinmi

I'm a genius.

Fixed both of these sorry ass teams in an instant.

CuhGetsBucks
11-12-2016, 06:46 PM
This "X numbers of players scored in double figures" argument for the Wizards is beyond stupid considering Wall is the guy orchestrating everything, not one of those guys can create offense consistently. It's such a meaningless argument that goes out the window the second you actually watch that team play. If you think those Wizards teams are even sniffing the playoffs without Wall let alone getting past the first round, you're delusional.
Thank you. I literally live in the DC area and not a soul here would dare blame Wall for this dysfunctional franchises actions.

TrueBlue89
11-12-2016, 06:51 PM
Harden is carrying role players like Ariza, Anderson & Gordon to the 4 seed out in the West. No excuses for Wall.

tpols
11-12-2016, 06:55 PM

read the post i responded to about second and third option averaging 17 and 11 ppg.. it was based off that but whatever.

Ariza, Nene, and Gortat all averaged 13+ ppg on other teams.. Houston, Pheonix, Denver.. yet you guys are acting like wall just made them all average double figures? Uh, no.. theyve been doing that in various different circumstances their whole careers.

Again.. i was only refuting that they are "awful help". theyre clearly not.. especially relative to similarly built teams like chicago and indiana were out east.

Dray n Klay
11-12-2016, 06:56 PM
John Wall, Kyle Lowry, and Isiah Thomas are the 3 best point guards in the East

It's that simple

tontoz
11-13-2016, 01:37 PM
Ariza has been right around where hes at since 2009 when he broke out in the playoffs with the Lakers. There was no magical peak he had playing with
john Wall.. Hardens about to take a team with him as second option to the playoffs out west and likely win more than the Wiz ever have.

You are completely clueless. Ariza had 3 straight sub 50% TS seasons before he came to the Wizards. He had never shot over 33.4% from 3 before coming to the Wizards.

In his first season with the Wizards he shot 36.4% from 3 (career high) with a TS of 53.8%.

In his 2nd season with the Wizards he shot 40.7% from 3 (another career high) with a TS of 59% (career high). He averaged 14.6 pts per 36 minutes which was .01 from his career high.

:no:

tpols
11-13-2016, 01:53 PM
You are completely clueless. Ariza had 3 straight sub 50% TS seasons before he came to the Wizards. He had never shot over 33.4% from 3 before coming to the Wizards.

In his first season with the Wizards he shot 36.4% from 3 (career high) with a TS of 53.8%.

In his 2nd season with the Wizards he shot 40.7% from 3 (another career high) with a TS of 59% (career high). He averaged 14.6 pts per 36 minutes which was .01 from his career high.

:no:

Ariza shot 57 TS with Washington.. he's shot 54, 55, and now 58 TS with the Rockets.. any difference you're trying to inflate is miniscule at best. The numbers are all very similar.

Ariza also shot 62 TS with the Lakers.. and a staggering 48% from 3 in a big sample size from the 2009 playoffs.. Wall didnt have him doing anything he hadnt proven capable of before.

and why no comment on paul pierce bit? hmm..

C-Green
11-13-2016, 02:29 PM
John Wall, Kyle Lowry, and Isiah Thomas are the 3 best point guards in the East

It's that simple
You don't like Kyrie?

Sakkreth
11-13-2016, 02:39 PM
Wall, Gortat for Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans, Tim Frazier, Asik, future draft pick

Pelicans:

John Wall/E'Twaun Moore
Buddy Hield/Archie Goodwin
Solomon Hill/Quincy Pondexter
Anthony Davis/Dante Cunningham
Marcin Gortat/Terrence Jones

Wizards:

PG: Jrue Holiday/Tim Frazier
SG: Bradley Beal/Tyreke Evans
SF: Otto Porter/Kelly Oubre
PF: Markieff Morris
C: Omer Asik/Ian Mahinmi

I'm a genius.

Fixed both of these sorry ass teams in an instant.

Lmao Wizards would be like the worst team in the league.

ArbitraryWater
11-13-2016, 02:56 PM

looks like LeBron's 2013 title winning second and third options :bowdown:

tontoz
11-13-2016, 03:59 PM
Ariza shot 57 TS with Washington.. he's shot 54, 55, and now 58 TS with the Rockets.. any difference you're trying to inflate is miniscule at best. The numbers are all very similar.

Ariza also shot 62 TS with the Lakers.. and a staggering 48% from 3 in a big sample size from the 2009 playoffs.. Wall didnt have him doing anything he hadnt proven capable of before.

and why no comment on paul pierce bit? hmm..

Again with the ignorance. Anyone can have a hot streak in a small sample of games, which is what the playoffs are. Not to mention the other teams had to worry about Kobe/Gasol/Odom in other words a much stronger team. He averaged only 9 ppg during the season shooting 32% from 3. Teams were willing to take their chances letting Ariza shoot. Not hard to figure out.

In his first season with the Wizards he got hurt in the middle of the season, missing 26 games total on the season. Even so he was markedly better with the Wizards than he had been the 3 seasons prior.

Now let's look at his 2nd season with the Wizards vs his 1st season with Houston, when he played with a much stronger cast:

Pts per 36 minutes

Was 14.6
Hou 12.9

3 point shooting

Was 40.7%
Hou 35%

TS%

Was 59%
Hou 53.9%

He scored more points on much better efficiency even though he was playing with lesser teammates.

As for PP his EFG was higher with the Wizards than it was the previous 3 seasons with BK in spite of being older. His free throw attempts were way down because he wasn't creating for himself as much. He was relying on Wall to get him open looks. His 3 pt attempts per 36 were higher with the Wizards, as was his 3 pt percentage.

With the Clipps Pierce played lot with Rivers at pg which should be self explanatory.

Martell Webster was just a journeyman but both of his career years were with the Wizards.