PDA

View Full Version : 2016-2017 NBA Race To MVP: NBA on drugs clearly

k0kakw0rld
11-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Link (http://global.nba.com/news/race-to-mvp-westbrook-out-to-early-lead-in-wide-open-race/?cid=trafficdriver:nbacom:homepage)

1. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
Westbrook knew he’d have to do it all for the Thunder (31.1 points, 9.5 assists, 8.3 rebounds) and has done exactly that in his first season without Kevin Durant. The question is: can he keep up this wicked pace all season?

2. James Harden, Houston Rockets
So far, Mike D’Antoni’s point guard experiment has been a smashing success. Harden is averaging 30.6 points, 13 assists and 7.6 rebounds and collected his 10th career triple-double (24 points, 15 assists, 12 rebounds) in Wednesday’s win over the Spurs.

3. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
All this talk of someone averaging a triple-double for the entire season and no one is talking about LeBron (22.9 points, 9.9 assists and 8.9 rebounds) doing it? He’s on a career-high pace in rebounds and assists.

4. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
Griffin has bounced back brilliantly from a disastrous and injury-plagued 2015-16 season to help fuel the best team in the Western Conference. He’s doing it all for the Clippers (19.6 points, 101. rebounds, 4.0 assists) in just 30 minutes a night.

5. Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
Durant in an ensemble cast looks a lot like the Durant we saw as part of a dynamic duo with Westbrook: unstoppable. He’s shooting a far and away career-best 57.3 percent and 40.5 percent from deep.

6. Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio Spurs
He’s always been a problem on defense, but his growth and development on the offensive end is startling. He’s averaging a career-best 27.4 points per game and remains the league’s best defender.

7. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
That ankle scare Wednesday didn’t bother Curry one bit as he bounced back with another monster effort (33 points, seven assists, five rebounds) in a win over Denver. He’s shooting a blistering 63 percent on 3-pointers over his last three games.

8. DeMar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors
DeRozan is riding the wave of that Olympic year bounce to the top of the scoring chart(34.1 ppg on 53.3 percent shooting). The fact that he’s doing it without significant production from beyond the 3-point line (1.7 attempts) is what’s truly remarkable.

9. Kemba Walker, Charlotte Hornets
Walker is the best player on perhaps the most surprising team in the league in the early going (check the standings). Walker is averaging career-highs in points (23.9), field goal percentage (46.6) and 3-point shooting (43.3).

10. Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
Lillard’s MVP ambitions are well documented. And he’s backing it up on the floor this season (30.0 points on 48 percent shooting and 36.5 from distance, 5.1 rebounds and 4.2 assists).

k0kakw0rld
11-11-2016, 03:21 PM
I can understand Harden and Westbrook being ahead of DeRozan but the rest not so much :no: Blake? Durant? Steph? :oldlol:

Popularity contest at it's finest :facepalm

pedromarinho
11-11-2016, 03:21 PM
My gawd... awful

CuhGetsBucks
11-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Put the Raptors in New York and we'd be talking about DeMar as a possible top 3 candidate. It's just the media, I don't buy into any of that shit anyway.

Damian Lillard's style of play is going to catch up to Portland. Other than his scoring prowess he's not very good at anything else. Also a very Harden-esque defender.

Smoke117
11-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Blake Griffin...that's cute. Everyone knows the Clips rise and fall with Paul, but okay, Blake Griffin is the MVP candidate. :rolleyes: It's impossible to be the main MVP candidate of a team when there's another guy on the team who is more important offensively AND defensively. It's embarrassing how people always Pick Blake over CP3 because he's flashier and funner to watch...just complete and utter stupidity. :facepalm

BigKAT
11-11-2016, 03:38 PM
Is this from NBA.com?

CelticBaller
11-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Harden is better than Westbrook

k0kakw0rld
11-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Is this from NBA.com?
Yup :facepalm

BigKAT
11-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Yup :facepalm

Well.
You added the Link -after- my post, so I don't see the reason for the facepalm, and didn't really credit anyone.

But it's all good.

CuhGetsBucks
11-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Well.
You added the Link -after- my post, so I don't see the reason for the facepalm, and didn't really credit anyone.

But it's all good.
The facepalm was for the dissapointment in NBA.com for such an ass list, not at you lol

TommyGriffin
11-11-2016, 04:15 PM
Blake Griffin...that's cute. Everyone knows the Clips rise and fall with Paul, but okay, Blake Griffin is the MVP candidate. :rolleyes: It's impossible to be the main MVP candidate of a team when there's another guy on the team who is more important offensively AND defensively. It's embarrassing how people always Pick Blake over CP3 because he's flashier and funner to watch...just complete and utter stupidity. :facepalm

Blake Griffin's drastically improved defense is what has elevated the Clippers from a good defensive team to the best in the league.

He's currently playing like one of the best PF defenders in basketball and last game was a perfect example. Switching out on screens and guarding Lillard effectively, constantly getting into the passing lanes, and stopping players at the rim like he did multiple times to Plumlee.

k0kakw0rld
11-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Well.

But it's all good.
The facepalm wasn't for you but for the NBA. My exact reaction while replying to your post bro. And you right about the credit as well.

BigKAT
11-11-2016, 04:27 PM
The facepalm wasn't for you but for the NBA. My exact reaction while replying to your post bro. And you right about the credit as well.

Oh, lol.

Yeah, that List is a bit off imo too.

k0kakw0rld
11-11-2016, 04:39 PM
The facepalm was for the dissapointment in NBA.com for such an ass list, not at you lol
You beat me to it, thank you brother. :cheers:

k0kakw0rld
11-12-2016, 12:59 AM
DeMar DeRozan is the MVP so far of the league.

OmniStrife
11-12-2016, 01:04 AM
OP you should have stats written outside of the text to make it more legible (maybe next to the name?)

spidey102279
11-12-2016, 05:51 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/mvp.cgi#players::none