BigKAT
11-13-2016, 04:20 PM
Andre Drummond
D'angelo Russell
John Wall
Isiah Thomas

You get them not as they are now,
But Year 1.
And you have them for rookie contract, than you gotta resign them.
So take personality into account if you want, who you think is more likely to re-sign even without success or shit like that.

Just curious about these 4, which one interests you the most/will you pick?

Nash
11-13-2016, 04:52 PM
John Wall

bdreason
11-13-2016, 04:54 PM
Drummond. Highest ceiling. PG's are a dime a dozen.

pedromarinho
11-13-2016, 04:56 PM
Wall

but I'm on Russ rn.

C-Green
11-13-2016, 04:57 PM
Drummond. Highest ceiling. PG's are a dime a dozen.
And teams that build around old school Centers in today's NBA don't win.

I'd take Wall. Great scorer and passer. Handles are sick too. He does need an attitude adjustment but he's still the best of the group you mentioned. I love Isaiah but he's too damn short.

D'Angelo Russell can't shoot, and he's a headcase.

livingby3's
11-13-2016, 05:10 PM
Isaiah got heart, something u cant teach.

Milbuck
11-13-2016, 06:26 PM
Russell. Youngest, highest upside, and a perfect fit for the way the league is trending style-wise. And unlike all the other three, his game is built to age really really well. I think Russell has Harden-like potential offensively but with passable defense.

Fire Colangelo
11-13-2016, 07:08 PM
Give me John Wall, he's the only player in the group that actually has the ability to carry a team. He has great size as a PG, and has the most potential out of everyone IMO. Dude's a legit 20/10 threat even without a jumper, and has great defensive potential.

Isaiah Thomas is too short.
Drummond can't hit free throws
Russell is unproven. I don't care what people say about his personality, he's a known snitch, and constantly disrespected Kobe last year (we all know Kobe has flaws, but he's a proven winner and one of the GOATS).

We can't forget that John Wall was thrown into such a toxic situation in Washington with guys like Areans, Blatch, Mcgee and Nick Young as his running mates. As soon as he got some legit teammates, he was able to turn the team around and make the playoffs while upsetting the Bulls in 2014 and the Raptors the year after. Imagine if he had a mentor, or some kind of veteran presence in his first few years.

Jasper
11-13-2016, 07:10 PM
Giannis

AirBonner
11-13-2016, 07:17 PM
Thomas. At the end of the day you need to outscore the opponent. Thomas scores more.

bobopenguin
11-13-2016, 07:36 PM
hmm.. john wall...

PistonsFan#21
11-13-2016, 08:21 PM
Thomas. At the end of the day you need to outscore the opponent. Thomas scores more.

so you woul also pick Durant over Lebron?

Wally450
11-13-2016, 08:22 PM
Drummond. I'd rather build around a big than a point guard.

boldarblood
11-13-2016, 08:46 PM
he's a known snitch

This only matters among kids and people who are locked up. A great majority of mature adults give no ****s about it.

Back on topic - you have to go with John Wall for now. This coming from a long time Lakers fan. He is one of the top PGs in the league. I think Russell can be as good, but right now he is not and he is an unknown.

CelticBaller
11-13-2016, 08:51 PM
Drummond.

Any knowledgeable basketball fan knows you pick C>>>> over any positions. It's easier to build around them and even an above average one can put you in a great advantage over other teams.

Specially one who can easily defend the 3-5 like Drummond

boldarblood
11-13-2016, 09:02 PM
Drummond.

Any knowledgeable basketball fan knows you pick C>>>> over any positions. It's easier to build around them and even an above average one can put you in a great advantage over other teams.

Specially one who can easily defend the 3-5 like Drummond

I know this traditionally has been true, about being around the C over any position. But it seems the league is moving to a guard-centric league. Drummond has some big flaws that is making it harder to keep him on the floor. That being said, I love the old school back to the basket Centers, I am a traditionist that I like watch inside-->out game from past.

CelticBaller
11-13-2016, 09:05 PM
I know this traditionally has been true, about being around the C over any position. But it seems the league is moving to a guard-centric league. Drummond has some big flaws that is making it harder to keep him on the floor. That being said, I love the old school back to the basket Centers, I am a traditionist that I like watch inside-->out game from past.
Look at how OKC and CLE gave GS trouble, length and height still plays a big role in today's NBA

Milbuck
11-13-2016, 09:22 PM
Drummond can barely guard centers with some semblance of size and/or skill, let alone guarding 3s and 4s too. His defense is incredibly overrated by his metrics being padded by his defensive rebounding. As far as post defense, help defense instincts/IQ/timing, he's actually pretty mediocre and gets by most of the time just by sheer size/athleticism.

He's a monster rebounder, athletic finisher, and occasional post up option, but honestly there's no way you're winning anything at all with him as your best player. He can't be a high volume offensive weapon, he's a FT liability, his defense is overrated, and his effort/motor are wildly inconsistent.

BigKAT
11-14-2016, 02:46 AM
Drummond can barely guard centers with some semblance of size and/or skill, let alone guarding 3s and 4s too. His defense is incredibly overrated by his metrics being padded by his defensive rebounding. As far as post defense, help defense instincts/IQ/timing, he's actually pretty mediocre and gets by most of the time just by sheer size/athleticism.

He's a monster rebounder, athletic finisher, and occasional post up option, but honestly there's no way you're winning anything at all with him as your best player. He can't be a high volume offensive weapon, he's a FT liability, his defense is overrated, and his effort/motor are wildly inconsistent.

Definetly tons of potential.
But he is very, very flawed.
Especially in today's high paced game.

Could still become a monster franchise player, but it will take some work on defense and FT's. Also he's not as talented offensivly, mostly feeding off putbacks and spoonfed passes I reckon.