PDA

View Full Version : Heat are not locking anyone down.

DoctorP
11-14-2016, 10:12 AM
The Heat are not locking teams down on D or scoring enough points. So what do they do now? Wait for Bosh's salary to clear and pick up a big name??

Spo is running a good system but they will need to upgrade the talent

:kobe:

tamaraw08
11-14-2016, 11:27 AM
The Heat are not locking teams down on D or scoring enough points. So what do they do now? Wait for Bosh's salary to clear and pick up a big name??

Spo is running a good system but they will need to upgrade the talent

:kobe:

I'm glad you're not one of those Spo bashers who will keep quiet when Miami is winning then boom, put all the blame on him when they struggle.
:rockon:
Tough schedule early with key player Josh Richardson missing the first 4 games or so equals this..
Winslow is NOT the great next one most are predicting.

Wally450
11-14-2016, 11:29 AM
Tank?

Ben Simmons
11-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Who cares lol?

CuhGetsBucks
11-14-2016, 11:42 AM
We simply do not have enough talent it's the easy. We have clear role players playing as starters, not really going to be able to do much with that considered. I'd love for this year to kind of be like a year the Lakers had last year; where Tyler, Josh, and Justise are able to just flourish and build their confidence. Because A) on Spo's worst days he's a better young player coach than Byron Scott can ever dream of being and B) The season is gonna go down the gutter so I don't see why not.

DoctorP
11-14-2016, 06:49 PM
We simply do not have enough talent it's the easy. We have clear role players playing as starters, not really going to be able to do much with that considered. I'd love for this year to kind of be like a year the Lakers had last year; where Tyler, Josh, and Justise are able to just flourish and build their confidence. Because A) on Spo's worst days he's a better young player coach than Byron Scott can ever dream of being and B) The season is gonna go down the gutter so I don't see why not.

sounds ok. they are a player away from playoffs anyways

brownmamba00
11-14-2016, 06:51 PM
So Bosh is not coming back? He's retiring?

Lebron23
11-14-2016, 06:53 PM
They aren't expected to make it into the playoffs this season.

InfiniteBaskets
11-14-2016, 07:19 PM
They lost Joe Johnson, Deng, Wade, and Bosh. Their biggest veteran influence is Haslem and maybe Josh McRoberts.

I'm optimistic on Tyler Johnson, Winslow, and Whiteside but the talent isn't there. It's better for them to develop the younger guys and sneak into the lottery than try to fight for the 8th seed.

G-train
11-14-2016, 07:39 PM
I'm not surprised by any of it, I thought we'd win 28 games before season.
Simply don't have the offensive talent, and while the defensive effort is there, we don't have a huge amount of defensive talent either.

Doranku
11-14-2016, 08:42 PM
I remember when Heat fans laughed at me when I said the Lakers would finish with a better record than the Heat.

Lakers gonna be battling for the 8 seed, Heat gonna be battling for that #1 pick. :applause:

Dr Seuss
11-14-2016, 08:46 PM
trade dragic to NOH for jrue or tyreke (expiring deals). clear contracts. and rebuild.

aj1987
11-15-2016, 03:42 AM
Tank?
Yep. We have our first round pick for the upcoming draft. The next one belongs to the Suns, IIRC.

Milbuck
11-15-2016, 03:52 AM
Yep. We have our first round pick for the upcoming draft. The next one belongs to the Suns, IIRC.
Is Whiteside completely untouchable? He's a beast, but would you guys even consider trading him if Boston was offering Brooklyn picks? I think if you find a way to build up cap space this next summer, you go after it. But with Whiteside being 27 and likely peaking, you think it's worth considering if you can load up on some picks and do a one-year rebuild a la Minnesota picking up KAT, Wiggins, Lavine in the span of just one year summer to summer?

plowking
11-15-2016, 06:05 AM
I'm happy to tank this season and get the highest pick possible. We're missing that guard who can create in the half court, for himself and others. Draft coming up looks stacked at exactly the position we need.

jrong
11-15-2016, 11:57 AM
It's sad because it was so unnecessary. With Wade, this is still a playoff team, and having Wade means they would have had a chance to make another run. It also would have allowed for a seamless transition when they signed a free agent next summer to whom Wade would have finally passed the torch.

On the flip-side, Wade looks like he's going to make the playoffs, and maybe he'll have some more memorable moments, but I wonder if this year he's remembering what he said after LBJ left: "Basketball is fun again. I have the ball in my hands." Because I'm seeing him being impacted by the same rhythm and spacing issues now with Butler that affected him with LeBron.

But, I really want to know what Whiteside is thinking. He got his max deal, but was this the basketball experience he wanted? It's not as easy now when nobody on your team knows how to feed you, is it?

And Whiteside could have solved the problem by simply issuing a statement that he would have taken taken $2M less per year to cover Wade's ask. For all the flak Dragic (deservedly) gets, he was very public about being willing to sign for less in 2015, which helped them sign Wade for 2016.