PDA

View Full Version : can the Warriors get past the Clippers?

AirBonner
11-14-2016, 11:56 AM
Clippers have a great mix of athletic bigs, shooters and decent bench. I think they are built to destroy the no defense playing warriors. Thoughts?

D-Wait
11-14-2016, 11:57 AM
Clippers have a great mix of athletic bigs, shooters and decent bench. I think they are built to destroy the no defense playing warriors. Thoughts?

The Clips have a history of choking themselves, so I wouldn't bet on them...

AirBonner
11-14-2016, 11:59 AM
The Clips have a history of choking themselves, so I wouldn't bet on them...
And warriors have a history of playing teams decimated by injuries. I'm just saying if both teams are healthy.

D-Wait
11-14-2016, 12:02 PM
And warriors have a history of playing teams decimated by injuries. I'm just saying if both teams are healthy.

If Curry, Thompson and Durant don't go off at the same time, the Clippers surelly can make it interesting... You're right that the Warriors can't compete with their big man rotation... but then again, is the Hack-a-Shaq rule still intact? :lol

clipps
11-14-2016, 03:05 PM
The Clippers have 3 things that the Warriors don't have. Defense, rebounding, and depth. The pre-KD Warriors swarmed you with length, depth, size, and girth. The Warriors were just simply too much for the Clippers to handle in the past. Now all the Warriors can do is out-score you. No defense and no rebounding. The Clipper players are also motivated because of all the playoff failures in the past.

Ben Simons
11-14-2016, 05:30 PM
That depends on 2 questions:
1. Is Chris Paul on the team?
2. Will the Warriors meet the Clippers in the 1st round?

Because CP3 doesn't do winning in the 2nd round.

warriorfan
11-14-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm interested to hear what my boy TG thinks about this

AirBonner
11-14-2016, 05:55 PM
I'm interested to hear what my boy TG thinks about this
Tg! Tg! Tg!

warriorfan
11-14-2016, 05:59 PM
Tg! Tg! Tg!

I dont think he is here right now he should be around later though

bdreason
11-14-2016, 06:12 PM
Clippers have been amazing, but they still don't have an answer for Durant.

TommyGriffin
11-14-2016, 11:03 PM
Clippers are beast this year. They are going all the way. Sorry Playboy, GSW doesn't have a chance. :banana:

qrich
11-14-2016, 11:11 PM
This Clipper team is unlike the teams of the past couple of years. They have focused on defense to the point where they hold the two best defensive line-ups to this point, and will end up no worse than 5th in DRtg by end of the season.

The communication is on another level and Luc Richard MBah A Moute should be in the running for DPoY. Blake is playing well, and JJ is an exceptional team defender.

Offensively, the Clippers still have a lot they need to shore up as they are very inconsistent. It'll come as the season goes on, but still a bit worry-some at times.

Rebounding really needs to be worked on. Much better then last year but still in the mid-teens, need to get it to 7-12 range.

Depth has been exceptional as well, Felton is so solid, and this is with Crawford being dookie.

The biggest pay-off though will end up being Doc allowing Paul to rest on D and putting MBah A Moute on the best opposition guard. Should prevent Paul from being fatigued way too often.

Mr. Jabbar
11-14-2016, 11:12 PM
I was trying to find the hidden joke in the op but I couldnt, so to put it simple: I'd be surprised if the Clippers steal 1 game from the warriors.

AirBonner
11-14-2016, 11:52 PM
I was trying to find the hidden joke in the op but I couldnt, so to put it simple: I'd be surprised if the Clippers steal 1 game from the warriors.
I was going to call you a homer because you are not giving the Clippers enough credit but I can't even do that because you are a bandwagoner :oldlol:

KiiiiNG
11-15-2016, 01:50 AM
The answer is **** yes, easily.

Warriors are just gonna bombard you with clutch 3's. Warriors can't be stopped out West.

Cavs/Warriors re-match will be one for the ages. As a fan of the NBA.... it's gonna be special.

sportjames23
11-15-2016, 02:08 AM
The Clippers have 3 things that the Warriors don't have. Defense, rebounding, and depth. The pre-KD Warriors swarmed you with length, depth, size, and girth. The Warriors were just simply too much for the Clippers to handle in the past. Now all the Warriors can do is out-score you. No defense and no rebounding. The Clipper players are also motivated because of all the playoff failures in the past.

Are you saying they were thick?

Smoke117
11-15-2016, 02:13 AM
Not a question worth even answering right now. Who knows what the health situation will be by the time the playoffs come around...

Inferno
11-15-2016, 02:39 AM
Cant wait till we play them. :applause:

antonAC
11-15-2016, 05:57 AM

yeah, out-scoring the opposition, what a rubbish plan that is.:facepalm

ArbitraryWater
11-15-2016, 06:54 AM
yeah, out-scoring the opposition, what a rubbish plan that is.:facepalm

thats not how its supposed to be taken :facepalm

hold this L
11-15-2016, 09:23 AM
This current team has more length actually, it's just some of those players aren't getting a lot of time as of yet. Kerr said for example he's been giving more time to West and Zaza out of respect since they're new vets in the game. I think McGee and Looney will start getting more time, esp since Zaza has been terrible. The guy has had 1 great game, which he was bad in the first quarter as well. I think he can play well with the team, but he has no business starting. Saying that, he has played 11, 13, 13, 11 in the last 4 games.

I'm not really rebounding as much, hack a Jordan will come into play on top of switching him to Curry if they play in the play offs to allow him as few minutes as possible. Warriors will need two more months to really get their entire system firgured out, all the changes so far are all experiments to figure out how deep this team is. I think McCaw for example will end up being the 2nd most important bench player in the team after Iggy this upcoming PS.

Sakkreth
11-15-2016, 09:26 AM
Will depend on who out choke who.

Prime_Shaq
11-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Funny how McGee might be the difference maker for the Warriors :lol

clipps
11-15-2016, 01:41 PM
thats not how its supposed to be taken :facepalm

Thanks. Just like my girth comment. It's obvious where ish's minds at. Weirdos

jrjim
11-15-2016, 02:05 PM
This current team has more length actually, it's just some of those players aren't getting a lot of time as of yet. Kerr said for example he's been giving more time to West and Zaza out of respect since they're new vets in the game. I think McGee and Looney will start getting more time, esp since Zaza has been terrible. The guy has had 1 great game, which he was bad in the first quarter as well. I think he can play well with the team, but he has no business starting. Saying that, he has played 11, 13, 13, 11 in the last 4 games.

I'm not really rebounding as much, hack a Jordan will come into play on top of switching him to Curry if they play in the play offs to allow him as few minutes as possible. Warriors will need two more months to really get their entire system firgured out, all the changes so far are all experiments to figure out how deep this team is. I think McCaw for example will end up being the 2nd most important bench player in the team after Iggy this upcoming PS.

Cant hack-a anymore. And the Clips, like the Cavs last year, should be ok with the Warriors going iso all game long. If you lose to incredible shot making, and the W's have the players for it, chit happens. Doc shouldnt let the Clips lose to great team play

clipps
11-15-2016, 04:36 PM
Are you saying they were thick?

I'm clearly talking about *****. Is this the OTC lounge?

Ben Simons
11-15-2016, 04:47 PM
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/butt-0.gif