PDA

View Full Version : In all honestly, Westbrook/Harden are currently better than Kobe ever was

Dray n Klay
11-15-2016, 03:33 AM
People are just too scared to admit it.

They're both averaging like 30/10/8 while being the #1 option and leading their teams to the playoffs.

That's better than Kobe's 28/5/5 while losing in the 1st round

People get lost in nostalgia and love to overrate historical players, but the fact is both Westbrook and Harden are better than Kobe ever was, and even a Prime Kobe wouldn't be a Top 5 player in today's league (Bron, KD, Westbrook, Harden, AD etc)

FreezingTsmoove
11-15-2016, 03:37 AM
Ill give you 5 reasons why youre wrong but not right now its too late

Ill edit my post later

Big164
11-15-2016, 03:53 AM
I can give you at least 9 reasons why you are wrong but I don't want to break the letter D button on my keyboard.

AirBonner
11-15-2016, 04:22 AM

They're both averaging like 30/10/8 while being the #1 option and leading their teams to the playoffs.

People get lost in nostalgia and love to overrate historical players, but the fact is both Westbrook and Harden are better than Kobe ever was, and even a Prime Kobe wouldn't be a Top 5 player in today's league (Bron, KD, Westbrook, Harden, AD etc)
the irrefutable one :applause:

SpaceJam
11-15-2016, 04:39 AM
In all honesty, this is your 3rd Kobe thread on the front page alone, it's probably time to let it go bro.

Smoke117
11-15-2016, 04:43 AM
I'd say it's about that time to ban dray n klay again.

L8krH8tr
11-15-2016, 04:44 AM
I hate Kobe more than anyone and you're wrong and stupid.

sportjames23
11-15-2016, 04:55 AM
Dray N Klay almost makes me embarrassed to be a part of the Lebron family.

Almost.

Atlantis
11-15-2016, 05:14 AM

Kobe was a transcendent player who, in his prime, was overwhelmingly superior to current Bron, KD, Westbrook, Harden, AD...at scoring.

BigKAT
11-15-2016, 05:20 AM
Kobe was a transcendent player who, in his prime, was overwhelmingly superior to current Bron, KD, Westbrook, Harden, AD...at scoring.

I dunno about that.
KD had a 32 PPG season while practically putting 50/40/90 (almost)
With WB out, and a huge burden.

Kobe's best FG was 46-47% and he put 27 Points per game. (2009 Season.)

Kobe's elite and everything, transcendent indeed.
But I think that Kevin Durant is the better scorer.

That dude is a freaking alien, he's a hack, the way a guy his size can shoot the ball, go inside in two steps and dunk, that's like Dirk if he was athletic.
And that's unfair. KD might go down as a top 5 scorer all time imo. (If not in quantity, then perhaps in ability.)

Zeppelin
11-15-2016, 05:23 AM
Kobe is one of the greatest ever. Dray and Klay is an idiot.
But, better scorer than KD? I dunno about that.

Kenomax
11-15-2016, 05:59 AM
That's right, Kobe was great player, but Durant, Curry, Paul and of course James (and now Westbrook, Harden, Leonard, Davis) have been better players for the last couple of years than Kobe's best. We have a GOAT era now, Kobe could be TOP guard 10 years ago, but today I wouldn't consider him as top 5 even. Nothing against him, just fact which is proven by stats.

Hakeem Olajuwon
11-15-2016, 06:07 AM
Kobe Bryant is the second greatest shooting guard i have seen.
he is a better player than both Westbrook and Harden.
Kobe's offensive and defensive game is more complete than both Westbrook's and Harden's.
Kobe is better than both Westbrook and Harden in the finals.

Prometheus
11-15-2016, 09:35 AM
Why do threads like this have to exist?

Showtime80'
11-15-2016, 09:40 AM
This is the thing that I hate about today's sports scene in general, the "Linsanitysation" of sports as I call it when small sample sizes props you up to being put in the all time great category. It happened very recently in the NFL with Colin Kaepernik and RGIII and it has been going on in the NBA since the early 2000's and the search for the "Next Jordan"

I'm a Lakers fan through and through but to tell you the truth I was never that big of a Kobe fan! To me he represented along with guys like Iverson, Shaq, Webber, Marbury, Francis, Carter, McGrady and Garnett the epitome of the ME GENERATION that came after Michael Jordan.

However, when it all was said and done, the dude put in 20 FRIGGIN YEARS OF NBA WORK!!! Playing at an all time great level for at least 13 of those, winning 5 titles in the process (2 as the main guy). Only LeBron from the current crop can be compared to him and Tim Duncan more recently.

Today we are in the "Johnny come lately what have you done for me in the last hour" generation were 1 to 3 great seasons puts you along side Magic, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Isiah, Kobe, Oscar, Wilt and Kareem!!! What made those guys ALL TIME is that they were able to SUSTAIN THEIR EXCELLENCE for more than 10+ years while winning titles in the process.

Kobe is a top 20 ALL TIME NBA PLAYER however you slice it (I have him in the 10 to 15 range). You realize the company that puts him in!?!

Like I said in another thread, call me when Harden, Curry, Davis, Westbrick, Kawi, Lillard or Cousins put up 10+ plus great years while winning titles and then come with the comparisons!

Durant and Chris Paul are definitely very good players but until they get some titles under their belts they are in the Wilkins/Stockton/Barkley/Malone bracket as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and by the way, the top 10 right now absolutely PALES in comparison to the late 80s:

Magic
Bird
Jordan
Olajuwon
Isiah
Drexler
Barkley
Ewing
Wilkins
K. Malone

Think of the players that were left OUT OF THAT TOP 10!!! Count how many rings, Finals appearances and winning seasons are on that list!

Today's era is all about LeBron and Warriors surrounded by a bunch of so called "stars" on middle of the road to bad teams putting up nice stats. Nothing more, nothing less!

BigKAT
11-15-2016, 09:44 AM
This is the thing that I hate about today's sports scene in general, the "Linsanitysation" of sports as I call it when small sample sizes props you up to being put in the all time great category. It happened very recently in the NFL with Colin Kaepernik and RGIII and it has been going on in the NBA since the early 2000's and the search for the "Next Jordan"

I'm a Lakers fan through and through but to tell you the truth I was never that big of a Kobe fan! To me he represented along with guys like Iverson, Shaq, Webber, Marbury, Francis, Carter, McGrady and Garnett the epitome of the ME GENERATION that came after Michael Jordan.

However, when it all was said and done, the dude put in 20 FRIGGIN YEARS OF NBA WORK!!! Playing at an all time great level for at least 13 of those, winning 5 titles in the process (2 as the main guy). Only LeBron from the current crop can be compared to him and Tim Duncan more recently.

Today we are in the "Johnny come lately what have you done for me in the last hour" generation were 1 to 3 great seasons puts you along side Magic, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Isiah, Kobe, Oscar, Wilt and Kareem!!! What made those guys ALL TIME is that they were able to SUSTAIN THEIR EXCELLENCE for more than 10+ years while winning titles in the process.

Kobe is a top 20 ALL TIME NBA PLAYER however you slice it (I have him in the 10 to 15 range). You realize the company that puts him in!?!

Like I said in another thread, call me when Harden, Curry, Davis, Westbrick, Kawi, Lillard or Cousins put up 10+ plus great years while winning titles and then come with the comparisons!

Durant and Chris Paul are definitely very good players but until they get some titles under their belts they are in the Wilkins/Stockton/Barkley/Malone bracket as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and by the way, the top 10 right now absolutely PALES in comparison to the late 80s:

Magic
Bird
Jordan
Olajuwon
Isiah
Drexler
Barkley
Ewing
Wilkins
K. Malone

Think of the players that were left OUT OF THAT TOP 10!!! Count how many rings, Finals appearances and winning seasons are on that list!

Today's era is all about LeBron and Warriors surrounded by a bunch of so called "stars" on middle of the road to bad teams putting up nice stats. Nothing more, nothing less!

I agree with some of your post, but, that list makes no sense at all.
Most of them did not peak at the same time. There likely never existed a 'Top 10' list that looked like that in any time in the NBA. By the time barkley, malone and ewing were truely elite magic isiah and bird were irrelevent or retired.

That's like me posting a list that goes -

Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
KG
Lebron
T-Mac
Vince Carter
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul

and say that the top 10 today doesn't match that top 10, while they never really were all relevent to that discussion at the same time.

Get my point?

Dragonyeuw
11-15-2016, 10:10 AM

While those stats are obviously better, you've drawn a conclusion about the fate of their teams 3 weeks into the season. Who's to say either guy makes the playoffs, or makes it past the first round if they do?

I'd say it's about that time to ban dray n klay again.

To what end? The admins will reinstate him tomorrow. I think it's all shits and giggles at this point.

Showtime80'
11-15-2016, 10:13 AM
I'm sorry BigKat, but go take a look at the numbers of ALL THOSE players in the 1988 season (To me the greatest season in history), THEY WERE ALL ELITE!!! Specially these guys:

Barkley: 28ppg 12rbs 3asst 1stl 1blk

Karl Malone: 28ppg 12rbs 2asst 1stl 1 blk

Drexler: 27ppg 7asst 6assts 3stls 1blk

Wilkins: 31ppg 6rbs 3asst 1stl 1 blk

Patrick Ewing definitely had better seasons in the 90's but he still put up 20ppg 8rbs and 3blks in 1988.

The point is that there has probably NEVER been a season like 1988 and ALL OF THOSE GUYS had 10+ years of elite basketball in their careers.

Calling today the "Goat Era" is simply ridiculous!

Hakeem Olajuwon
11-15-2016, 10:32 AM
that was an era of true points guards
to run my point, i would take Isiah Thomas over Westbrook and Harden.
out of today's point guards, only Chris Paul and Curry have the chance at breaking into my all-time top 5

nothing wrong with modern era dominant iso/hero ball players
they are amazing to watch
these are the players you pay to see

SouBeachTalents
11-15-2016, 10:47 AM
Yes, if you don't include turnovers, defense, or playoff performance, then you'd be right

Showtime80'
11-15-2016, 10:57 AM
Great simple and effective post Hakeem!!! The league's style and quality of play was definitely much better when PG's thought about dishing out 10 to 14 assts per game instead of scoring 27 to 30 points!!!

People have been ridiculously UNDERRATING Isiah Thomas for some time now. The dude won and was a star AT EVERY LEVEL!!! And out of the holy trinity of Magic, Bird and Jordan he was the one that sacrificed the most in terms of personal stats for the benefit of the team when the Pistons switched to a defensive minded, slower tempo style with more offensive weapons sharing the load starting in 1987!

Still his 1990 Finals MVP performance is truly one of the GREATEST displays in the history of the league which often gets overlooked because the media HATED the Bad Boys and the series ended up being so one sided.

Here are Isiah's stats for the 1990 Finals:

28 ppg 7assts 5rbs 2 stls and he shot 54% overall and 69% from 3! These are Jordan, Magic, Bird and LeBron type numbers!

Like I've been saying in all these threads, call me when Harden, Lillard Westbrick, Durant and Paul have a series like that on the BIGGEST STAGE!!!

Flexzone
11-15-2016, 07:03 PM

Let it go already....kobe is retired enjoying his millions while you are broke and talking about him 24/7.....what is wrong with you? WTF he is RETIRED for FVCKS SAKE LET IT GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miggyme1
11-15-2016, 08:02 PM
different eras man. Westbrook wouldn't even be a starting pg in kobe's era....and before the butt hurt stans come in here......just do your research......in kobe's era look at what the prototypical pg was and look at what westbrook is. Not saying westbrook would be a scrub in kobes era but he would be 6th man material at WORST or a ball dominant off guard at best pissing off his pg and causing a rift in the locker room.

As far as harden.....the greatest actor to ever play in the NBA.....dude can sneeze and draw a f####### foul. :facepalm :facepalm

Kenomax
11-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Kobe wouldn't be even starting player in todays league. He was poor, overrated stat padder, nothing more. Facts are facts

knicksman
11-15-2016, 08:37 PM
lepusse stan:oldlol:

AussieSteve
11-15-2016, 08:44 PM
Why do people humor these ridiculous threads?

Today's era is no where near the strongest all time. Westbrook and Harden are not close to Kobe's peak.