PDA

View Full Version : After 11 games, Westbrook is averaging triple double

329 Services
11-15-2016, 04:59 AM
32 PPG
9.9 APG
9.7 RBG

You round it, its triple double.This is very close.

BigKAT
11-15-2016, 05:09 AM
Still.

Shame to see them fall to 6-5 after starting so well.

fiddy
11-15-2016, 05:56 AM
Almost=not it.

theaussieguy
11-15-2016, 06:03 AM
the problem is, defining the best in basketball is a very hard thing to do. You can look at individual accolades all you want, individual dominance or potential, but it really has limited impact on the overall success of a team if its hero ball kind of stuff. The reality is you can have the most optimal team built around westbrook possible, but the team will still be severely impacted by his style of play. A Ball dominant PG who is prone to turnovers... it has and always will be an incredibly hard formula to win with, and this is a reality you simply cannot escape from if you are to utilize the talents that Westbrook is given to their full extent, making it one of those catch 22 situations. I have no confidence that Westbrook will ever get a title being the main man. Ultimately it renders his entire style of play a bit of a lost cause, it doesn't equate to sh!t. There are no what ifs in this scenario, we all know what he can provide and we all know he will provide them until he runs himself into the ground. He is an amazing talent and a freak athlete but its ultimately futile to talk about him being one of the best players when his style of play will never EVER be conducive to winning a championship. Like yeah its great and all, he is beasting, he is putting up historic stats but who really cares when he will get blown out of the playoffs when fatigue sets in and those bull headed plays fall short and result in critical turnovers in the crucial minutes.

this isn't even hate its just truth.

julizaver
11-15-2016, 11:52 AM
32 PPG
9.9 APG
9.7 RBG

You round it, its triple double.This is very close.

And in 34 minutes per game ...

nathanjizzle
11-15-2016, 11:55 AM
worthless try hard production at the dismay of the team.

Showtime80'
11-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Who cares!?!?

At the end of the day the NBA season is an 82 game marathon TEAM TOURNAMENT and that's what individual players should aspire and sacrifice to win, not individual stats competition.

If Westbrick doesn't start taking some control over that incredible reckless motor that he has and start developing a slow-mid pace cerebral team oriented game he will fall off faster and harder than Iverson did and it will not be pretty!

OmniStrife
11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
32-9-9 is not a trip-dub fool

pedromarinho
11-15-2016, 01:13 PM
who da fook is that guy?

bluechox2
11-15-2016, 01:24 PM
this year for westbrook is about the stats...and the team follows

SamuraiSWISH
11-15-2016, 02:03 PM
Almost=not it.
9.9 and 9.7? That's clearly rounded up. That's essentially a triple double.

imdaman99
11-15-2016, 02:11 PM
He's not exactly surrounded by shooters and guys that can catch either. If you watch an OKC game, his big men have hands of stone and his shooters are Oladipo and Roberson :oldlol: Kanter and Morrow are different obviously, Kanter is a good finisher and Morrow great shooter (if he gets any minutes). Even Adams has looked different this year, he was good for a few alley oop dunks last year.

The last couple of games, he's even shot well but it has meant nothing because the team has shut down around him.

I wanted to see him ball out and win. I hope this 3 game losing streak is just an obstacle he will overcome.

Ben Simons
11-15-2016, 04:45 PM
Almost=not it.
This. I want to see him do it, but I'm not rounding simply because I want to see it happen.

Spurs5Rings2014
11-15-2016, 05:47 PM
Rounding down .9 to 0 is about the most retarded thing I've seen. .7 to 0 isn't much better.

selrahc
11-15-2016, 11:44 PM
even i could average a triple double if i hogged the ball that much

Lebronxrings
11-16-2016, 12:06 AM
He's not exactly surrounded by shooters and guys that can catch either. If you watch an OKC game, his big men have hands of stone and his shooters are Oladipo and Roberson :oldlol: Kanter and Morrow are different obviously, Kanter is a good finisher and Morrow great shooter (if he gets any minutes). Even Adams has looked different this year, he was good for a few alley oop dunks last year.

The last couple of games, he's even shot well but it has meant nothing because the team has shut down around him.

I wanted to see him ball out and win. I hope this 3 game losing streak is just an obstacle he will overcome.
he has good shooters, Oladipo has been hitting well and so has roberson. Off the bench he has abrines, sabonis, lavergne and others.

His big men are excellent, best center depth in the entire league. Nobody can constantly catch westbrooks dumb out of control bullet passes 100% of the time.

LiLharvard
11-16-2016, 06:15 AM
Ive got no problem with westbrook dominating games and shooting 30+fga. It's not like in years past where you could get angry at him for depriving durant of looks. Take a look at his supporting cast....... Adams is great but other than that you've got nobody who can create their own shot and so far their above .500 and have beaten some winning teams.

LiLharvard
11-16-2016, 06:18 AM
he has good shooters, Oladipo has been hitting well and so has roberson. Off the bench he has abrines, sabonis, lavergne and others.

His big men are excellent, best center depth in the entire league. Nobody can constantly catch westbrooks dumb out of control bullet passes 100% of the time.

ROBERSON A GOOD SHOOTER :roll:

sd3035
11-16-2016, 09:42 AM
worthless try hard production at the dismay of the team.

sound like Hillary's entire campaign

ImKobe
11-16-2016, 10:02 AM
not impressive because his team has lost or barely won in the games he put up monster stats like the last few games

OKC made a huge mistake trading Ibaka for Oladipo.

feyki
11-16-2016, 10:04 AM
not impressive because his team has lost or barely won in the games he put up monster stats like the last few games

OKC made a huge mistake trading Ibaka for Oladipo.

Yes , like 2006 Kobe .

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 10:05 AM
Rounding down .9 to 0 is about the most retarded thing I've seen. .7 to 0 isn't much better.
??

ImKobe
11-16-2016, 10:08 AM
Yes , like 2006 Kobe .

2006 Kobe did not have a team as good as this one around him though

Kanter, Oladipo, Adams, Roberson > Odom and a bag of chips

Prometheus
11-16-2016, 10:10 AM
??

Pretty sure he's addressing the notion that it's "not" a triple double. He's saying 9.9 rounds up to 10, and so it counts.

feyki
11-16-2016, 01:11 PM
2006 Kobe did not have a team as good as this one around him though

Kanter, Oladipo, Adams, Roberson > Odom and a bag of chips

Thunder will get 50 to 55 wins and Westbrook will have more votes than 06 Kobe in the voting .

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 01:47 PM
You want to know the sad part about being an OKC/Westbrick fan right about know? There is no HAPPY storyline for them to hope for!!!

Westbrick is the same knuckle head, low IQ out of control whirlwind he was when he played with Harden and Durant at the same time early on and when he had Durant in his prime the last few years. That's what he is!!!

So what's your hope?!? "Oh wait until Russ he gets some help" He's already played with MORE THAN ENOUGH help and you already know how that turned out!!!

It's like treating a patient with a terminal illness who has a few "good days" here and there but ultimately you know the eventual outcome (OKC's title hopes). You feel happy for those days but deep down there is the gut wrenching realization of what will soon happen.

My condolences OKC! Treasure and concentrate the few "good days" with Brickhouse, they will help you forget about the bigger picture!

ImKobe
11-16-2016, 01:50 PM
Thunder will get 50 to 55 wins and Westbrook will have more votes than 06 Kobe in the voting .

I see Thunder winning 50 or so games. Don't know if more votes because Lebron will get a lot of votes if he keeps his current play up with the team having the best record. Kawhi is due for a lot of MVP votes as well.

Smoke117
11-16-2016, 02:28 PM
I see Thunder winning 50 or so games. Don't know if more votes because Lebron will get a lot of votes if he keeps his current play up with the team having the best record. Kawhi is due for a lot of MVP votes as well.

If you think the thunder are winning 50 games, then you are dumber than I already pegged you to be....congratulations. :applause:

feyki
11-16-2016, 02:47 PM

Lebron won't match statistical dominance of Westbrook , if he wants 4th ring . Kawhi will be the biggest option against Westbrook in the voting .

LAZERUSS
11-16-2016, 03:57 PM
And in 34 minutes per game ...

I'm not a big fan of Westbrook, but this is impressive.

He is basically matching the Big O's '61-62 season stats across the board...but in 10 less mpg.

It will interesting to see if he can keep it up.

LiLharvard
11-16-2016, 07:20 PM
If you think the thunder are winning 50 games, then you are dumber than I already pegged you to be....congratulations. :applause:

Very Likley they'll win 47- 51 games in between that region of W's. You obviously havn't been watching any games and regularly checking box scores for your posting materials .. Keep saying Westbrook is dumb and wreckless because of the TO numbers...

When you are controlling the offense to the degree Westbrook is, that's sort of to be expected.

Smoke117
11-16-2016, 07:27 PM
Very Likley they'll win 47- 51 games in between that region of W's. You obviously havn't been watching any games and regularly checking box scores for your posting materials .. Keep saying Westbrook is dumb and wreckless because of the TO numbers...

When you are controlling the offense to the degree Westbrook is, that's sort of to be expected.

When have I EVER said anything about his turnovers? I say he's dumb because of the horrible shots he chucks up. (like that pull up 3pter to try and take the lead vs clips with 10 secs left lol) They aren't going to win 50 games because Russell can't keep this effort up for an 82 game season and they plain just don't have the talent to. This is without even mentioning the risk of injury. Westbrook is no cyborg like Lebron...he gets hurt and misses games. How many of those games do you think they will win if he eventually misses some?

LiLharvard
11-16-2016, 11:20 PM
....Supporting cast is shit and still etched out victory against the rockets... Talking about 1 shot now are we?? 12 seconds to go in the quarter no time outs??? If he makes that shot he's unanimous mvp in your eyes probably...If your argument is based on single plays.. and excess shot attempts.. then there isnt much basis to it considering the thread title.. You might have to graduate from box scores to highlights.. you'd be far more credible.

theaussieguy
11-16-2016, 11:22 PM
You want to know the sad part about being an OKC/Westbrick fan right about know? There is no HAPPY storyline for them to hope for!!!

Westbrick is the same knuckle head, low IQ out of control whirlwind he was when he played with Harden and Durant at the same time early on and when he had Durant in his prime the last few years. That's what he is!!!

So what's your hope?!? "Oh wait until Russ he gets some help" He's already played with MORE THAN ENOUGH help and you already know how that turned out!!!

It's like treating a patient with a terminal illness who has a few "good days" here and there but ultimately you know the eventual outcome (OKC's title hopes). You feel happy for those days but deep down there is the gut wrenching realization of what will soon happen.

My condolences OKC! Treasure and concentrate the few "good days" with Brickhouse, they will help you forget about the bigger picture!

exactly, these people are braindead

LiLharvard
11-16-2016, 11:49 PM
comparing pre- harden/durant Westbrook to current Westbrook in this thread is a little bit pointless considering he was a completely different player, thats 5 years ago man. Wasn't the same player, nor was OKC harden to Rockets Harden.

Westbrook's playing with a bunch of vegetable lasagne b-leaguers. There will be nights when these types of scrubs just can't make shots and Westbrook is going to carry the load and put up 30fga.

Tonight's a great example, watched the full game tip to buzzer. Oladipo started off hot, was hitting all his shots, in fact, the whole team was hitting most of their shots very efficiently. AT half time Westbrook had 8 fga and had made 6 of them for 20pts. Westbrook's amazing he knows what the game needs and when his aggression is needed. He's closest thing to Jordan with that sheer determination. Honestly, I used to be a massive Westbrook hater, but, he's a different player he runs the show its great to watch.

dabigbaws
11-16-2016, 11:58 PM
his team mates literally blew 4 gimmes at the rim which wouldve all been assists to russ

had to demolish a 7fter to ice the game. beast.