PDA

View Full Version : Is "posse" a bad word?

Knicksfever2010
11-15-2016, 06:17 PM
I don't think so, what say you?

CuhGetsBucks
11-15-2016, 06:21 PM
It's not a bad word, it was just a poor choice of words when referring to a person and his business partners.

When you think of posse you think of what Tupac or Biggie had, entourage of people following a G for protection.

Not business partners and an agent. That's all that it is.

smoovegittar
11-15-2016, 06:22 PM
I thought Jax meant "pvssies". Oh well...

Bankaii
11-15-2016, 06:34 PM
Did you really think this is worth a thread?
There's already 2 threads about the exact same thing right above this one:facepalm

lilteapot
11-15-2016, 06:38 PM
I think Lebron's camp is overreacting to a simple word

SwayDizzle
11-15-2016, 06:57 PM
There's already 2 threads about the exact same thing right above this one:facepalm
Y r u always so mad?

tpols
11-15-2016, 07:01 PM

this is a very serious matter..

it needs to be addressed on all fronts.

moongaze
11-15-2016, 07:50 PM
I don't think so, what say you?

I never thought it was a derogatory term. It's just a different word other than friiebds, partners, crew, squad.

Lebron23
11-15-2016, 07:53 PM

You are probably enjoying it. LeBron > Kobe.

Bankaii
11-15-2016, 08:00 PM
Y r u always so mad?
Because morons like you are annoying.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-15-2016, 08:09 PM
LeBron and his fanboys are exactly the same. Front running, hyper sensitive children. :oldlol:

Asukal
11-15-2016, 08:13 PM
LeCryBaby probably heard "pvssy" and got all sensitive and shit. :oldlol: :lol :roll:

kamil
11-15-2016, 08:15 PM
LeBron* is as thin skinned as Donald Trump.

Akhenaten
11-15-2016, 08:34 PM
Is there anyone who believes pj didnt mean it as a pejorative? Pj is a pretty articulate guy, him using that word isnt happenstance it was meant to be snarky, dismissive and condescending. He would have referred to them as Lebron's "boys" if he thinks he could have gotten away with it.

Make no mistake, pj resents that today's player has so much power, particularly young black men who he deems as being inept and unqualified to wield the power they do. Well sorry Phil nepotism/good ol boy network has been a vestige of the "establishment" for aeons, what's good for the goose....

Everyone loves the black man so long as he stays in his place, the minute he dares weild any POWER or assume ANY sort of unapologetic autonomy, THAT'S when there is a problem.

RedBlackAttack
11-15-2016, 08:52 PM
Is there anyone who believes pj didnt mean it as a pejorative? Pj is a pretty articulate guy, him using that word isnt happenstance it was meant to be snarky, dismissive and condescending. He would have referred to them as Lebron's "boys" if he thinks he could have gotten away with it.

Make no mistake, pj resents that today's player has so much power, particularly young black men who he deems as being inept and unqualified to wield the power they do. Well sorry Phil nepotism/good ol boy network has been a vestige of the "establishment" for aeons, what's good for the goose....

Everyone loves the black man so long as he stays in his place, the minute he dares weild any POWER or assume ANY sort of unapologetic autonomy, THAT'S when there is a problem.
I agree it was meant to be snarky. I do not think it should be headline news. The thing about the comment was I don't believe his intent was to paint LeBron and his friends as "ghetto" ... but he was purposely making a statement about how the normal rules of the NBA do not apply to LeBron.

Seems like controversy for the sake of controversy. But, that dominates much of the news cycle these days, so maybe that's what the people want.

plowking
11-15-2016, 08:58 PM
I agree it was meant to be snarky. I do not think it should be headline news. The thing about the comment was I don't believe his intent was to paint LeBron and his friends as "ghetto" ... but he was purposely making a statement about how the normal rules of the NBA do not apply to LeBron.

Seems like controversy for the sake of controversy. But, that dominates much of the news cycle these days, so maybe that's what the people want.

It probably was meant to be snarky, but not racist.

If anything, I read into it as a dig into the maturity of Bron, and the fact many think he is a spoilt brat.

RedBlackAttack
11-15-2016, 09:06 PM

If anything, I read into it as a dig into the maturity of Bron, and the fact many think he is a spoilt brat.
That's the funny thing about it. If the media wants to turn this into a controversy, at least be honest about what the controversial portion of Jackson's comments were.

It's all about narrative with the media. They parse words and dig for a connection to an over-arching storyline already in place. So, in this case, with the whole disaster of an election we just had and the BLM movement, race is on people's mind.

So, how can we tie-in this comment with the national narrative? Completely transparent, but sadly not surprising.

tpols
11-15-2016, 09:16 PM

That's what it was.. At worst. A slight at the fact that Bron and his camp (that words aright right guise ?? Oh wait.. Camp = outdoors = savages = omg racist !!) are known for getting their way and bending rules. Bron took offense to that so he did what any good blm folk would do and turned it into a race issue for attention and to deflect feelings of insecurity.

RedBlackAttack
11-15-2016, 10:59 PM
That's what it was.. At worst. A slight at the fact that Bron and his camp (that words aright right guise ?? Oh wait.. Camp = outdoors = savages = omg racist !!) are known for getting their way and bending rules. Bron took offense to that so he did what any good blm folk would do and turned it into a race issue for attention and to deflect feelings of insecurity.
The media made it about the word "posse" before even asking LeBron to comment. This is the conversation the media wants us to have, because it results in views, clicks, etc.

I will call out LeBron on his bullsh!t (though less frequent now than it once was), but this one is on the media. They spearheaded the ruining of the electoral process and now they're moving onto sports with their contrived narratives.

JT123
11-16-2016, 12:56 AM

:applause:

sd3035
11-16-2016, 01:06 AM
Lebald is drama queen diva sensitive bitch.

He'll do anything for attention, he's like the Kim Kardashian of the NBA

Bless Mathews
11-16-2016, 01:06 AM
Bron Bron just a sucka ass white washed livin in the burbs ho

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51lqpAaLjRL.jpg

sd3035
11-16-2016, 01:12 AM

For once I agree with you. Lebald is a wannabe, he tries so hard to fit in with real black people but he's an uncle tom carlton banks

JT123
11-16-2016, 01:18 AM

I think you have Bron confused with MJ. MJ was raised in a wealthy 2 parent household and had no struggles in his youth. Bron on the other hand isn't even supposed to be here. Statistics say he should be dead or in prison, yet here he is! :bowdown: GOAT gonna GOAT

DoctorP
11-16-2016, 02:59 AM
Grab em by the posse. Nuff said.

fourkicks44
11-16-2016, 03:05 AM
This is the Oxford Dictionary definition:

[QUOTE]

Posse

NOUN

1 US historical A body of men summoned by a sheriff to enforce the law.

1.1 British The body of men above the age of fifteen in a county (excluding peers, the clergy, or the infirm), whom the sheriff could summon to repress a riot or for other purposes.

2 informal A group of people who have a common characteristic or

AirTupac
11-16-2016, 03:23 AM
I thought Jax meant "pvssies". Oh well...

Underrated comment :oldlol:

Gimmedarock
11-16-2016, 08:16 AM
When I hear posse I think of Billy the Kid & his posse. Jesse James rode into town with his posse. Marshall Dillon took his posse in to clean up the town. I'm not getting a negative vibe but that's me.

jstern
11-16-2016, 08:56 AM
I don't find it so bad. Lebron surrounded himself with his High School crew, his posse. If Phil was referring to people who didn't get jobs for basically being Lebron's friend, and instead hired people with previous business work experience than yeah. In this scenario I can see how someone might call it his posse, as in group of friends.

Pushxx
11-16-2016, 09:09 AM
If I heard this story 10 years ago I would think it's one of those sarcastic fake stories. An unfunny one at that.

paksat
11-16-2016, 11:12 AM

by whom CNN?

this is stupid as ***

KOBEtherealKing
11-16-2016, 11:24 AM
It's not a bad word, it was just a poor choice of words when referring to a person and his business partners.

When you think of posse you think of what Tupac or Biggie had, entourage of people following a G for protection.

Not business partners and an agent. That's all that it is.

It's not bad but when I think of posse , I see white people and their friends. If he used squad, then that's for the black stereotype :D

UK2K
11-16-2016, 11:39 AM
It's not bad but when I think of posse , I see white people and their friends. If he used squad, then that's for the black stereotype :D

Melo says 'posse' is racist, but 'crew' is not.

:confusedshrug:

atljonesbro
11-16-2016, 11:49 AM
LePosse needs to tell his posse to chill out :lol . Players bout to get in his head with this shit hard now :lol

Da_Realist
11-16-2016, 01:58 PM
LeBron and his fanboys are exactly the same. Front running, hyper sensitive children. :oldlol:

You nailed it :applause:

smoovegittar
11-16-2016, 07:13 PM
The media made it about the word "posse" before even asking LeBron to comment. This is the conversation the media wants us to have, because it results in views, clicks, etc.

I will call out LeBron on his bullsh!t (though less frequent now than it once was), but this one is on the media. They spearheaded the ruining of the electoral process and now they're moving onto sports with their contrived narratives.

We all know ESPN is dying the death right now. Cable is done. Hell, Disney was carrying them.