PDA

View Full Version : What does Westbrook have to do this season to surpass Oscar's triple double season?

Fire Colangelo
11-15-2016, 06:29 PM
As the title says, what does WB have to do in order for people to consider him better than Oscar's triple double season?

WB is currently averaging:

32/9.7/9.9 on 56% TS

Compared to 1962 Oscar Robertson:

30.8/12.5/11.4 on 55% TS

If WB kept up his current production (meaning exact same stats at the end of the season) and won let's say 45 games while making the playoffs, would you consider his 2017 season better or worse than Oscars?

Or does he HAVE to average a triple double? Keep in mind that Oscar played in an era with faster pace. I can't comment on how Oscar got his triple doubles, since I didn't watch it but maybe some posters can shed some light?

feyki
11-15-2016, 06:37 PM
End of season - 29-8-9 .

CuhGetsBucks
11-15-2016, 06:39 PM
Before anything, Westbrook needs to figure out if his style of play is winning basketball. They're 6-5 right now, but if they fall 5 games below 500 or something near that I think he needs to do some reconsidering of his play style.

miggyme1
11-15-2016, 06:49 PM
Before anything, Westbrook needs to figure out if his style of play is winning basketball. They're 6-5 right now, but if they fall 5 games below 500 or something near that I think he needs to do some reconsidering of his play style.

I mean what can he possibly do with this team??? I mean my GOD who is their 2nd option....can anybody on this team average 20ppg besides westbrook? when westbrook isn't on the floor they lose their only scorer AND playmaker. that's a recipe for lottery pick or mediocrity

KiiiiNG
11-15-2016, 07:19 PM
If he starts playing more conservative and starts shooting less, they will lose 60+ games instead of 40.

Good insight though bro. "WB needs to play different" ... Brilliant analysis

KiiiiNG
11-15-2016, 07:20 PM
I mean what can he possibly do with this team??? I mean my GOD who is their 2nd option....can anybody on this team average 20ppg besides westbrook? when westbrook isn't on the floor they lose their only scorer AND playmaker. that's a recipe for lottery pick or mediocrity
Without Westbrook they have less talent than the Nets and 76ers. They'd be the doormat of the NBA

Sarcastic
11-15-2016, 07:38 PM
He can start by doing it for a whole season and not just the first month.