PDA

View Full Version : So the word "posse" is now racist?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2016, 08:53 PM
:oldlol:

warriorfan
11-15-2016, 08:57 PM
only if you are ghetto and hella self conscious like lebron

bobopenguin
11-15-2016, 08:59 PM
why do black ppl keep on making up words but forbidden white men to use it?

watermelon kfc fried chicken.

warriorfan
11-15-2016, 09:00 PM
why do black ppl keep on making up words but forbidden white men to use it?

watermelon kfc fried chicken.

what the **** bro? posse wasn't racist but that shit is

reported

aj1987
11-15-2016, 09:01 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/881/464/f94.jpg
:roll: :roll:

DoctorP
11-15-2016, 09:04 PM
meltdown triggered

Bankaii
11-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Black people are retarded. I say this as a black man. But god damn, we are the most sensitive and retarded race of people :facepalm
You're not black you pos.
You're white trash that never leaves his computer.

Megabox!
11-15-2016, 09:46 PM
It's not the word, it's how you use it

KiiiiNG
11-15-2016, 09:54 PM
You're not black you pos.
You're white trash that never leaves his computer.
Says the welfare recipient retard :oldlol:

Guys like you give us a bad name. Go get a job you loser, I work EVERY single day. ****ing hate lazy cockroaches like you

DoctorP
11-15-2016, 09:55 PM
And all you POSSEs, you must go...

Bankaii
11-15-2016, 09:56 PM
Says the welfare recipient retard :oldlol:

Guys like you give us a bad name. Go get a job you loser, I work EVERY single day. ****ing hate lazy cockroaches like you
Dude you're on an Internet forum living a lie for a life:oldlol:
Tell yourself whatever you need to sleep at night.

SpaceJam
11-15-2016, 09:56 PM
And all you POSSEs, you must go...

This

KiiiiNG
11-15-2016, 09:58 PM
The concept of working is so foreign to you that you can't even believe when someone says they work everyday. :oldlol:

You're here all hours of every day (I assume), whereas, I'm never here during work hours

You're just another black loser :confusedshrug:

warriorfan
11-15-2016, 10:00 PM
Kiiing coming on strong with the shorty complex

It's ok lil bud, some girls say size doesn't count

You just gotta find yourself one of those

Good luck :cheers:

knicksman
11-15-2016, 10:04 PM
Op's iq exposed? its his boy lebron who thinks its racist

knicksman
11-15-2016, 10:05 PM
Kiiing coming on strong with the shorty complex

It's ok lil bud, some girls say size doesn't count

You just gotta find yourself one of those

Good luck :cheers:

Dunno why hes always mad. Maybe coz this is the only place he could act tough:lol

Bankaii
11-15-2016, 10:09 PM
The concept of working is so foreign to you that you can't even believe when someone says they work everyday. :oldlol:

You're here all hours of every day (I assume), whereas, I'm never here during work hours

We joined at the same time and you have more posts than me dumbass.
Not to mention you have like 3 other accounts.
Get a life man, salty cause a black dude probably plowing your mom.and sister when you aren't.

Asukal
11-15-2016, 10:16 PM
My gad, lebron just added leposse to his long list of nicknames. :oldlol: :lol :roll:

34-24 Footwork
11-15-2016, 10:40 PM
Read about this today. Embarrassing as fvck, tbh. Dude is super sensitive.

But lol @ all these computer racists on ISH. Smh

moongaze
11-15-2016, 10:53 PM

:oldlol:

He's just another uneducated white boy that voted for trump. No brains, no life outside of the net yet he stays working more than everyone else :oldlol:

bobopenguin
11-16-2016, 01:24 AM
so many insecured black men. :roll:

JT123
11-16-2016, 02:06 AM
so many insecured black men. :roll:
Shut up you tokyo drift jap boy :lol

Mr. Jabbar
11-16-2016, 02:08 AM
LePosse :lol

Nash
11-16-2016, 02:12 AM
meh, its how you use it. I also think people look for racism real quick these days but honestly, if Lebron James was Mike Dunleavy and Mike's friends were doing well in running his and others careers...they would not be called 'posse'.

egokiller
11-16-2016, 02:12 AM

Savage

Jasper
11-16-2016, 10:39 AM
Bottom line to Jackson, melo , Bron is that it is the age to defend racism.

When a black guy says my posse likes doing this or that ,

BUT WHEN A WHITE GUY CALLS HIS FRIENDS POSSE it instantly becomes racist.

I was watching a PBS show about busing whites and blacks to different high schools in the 70's ..... class rooms were not mixed , blacks one side , whites on other side.

busing doesn't work folks , whether it is a bus , media, or language ,,, we all separate ourselves from others (.)

bluechox2
11-16-2016, 11:13 AM
black man calls his friends ni99a's, not racist at all....
but Leposse gets a LePeriod when refered to as posse

Vancouver-Grizz
11-16-2016, 02:40 PM
Lets compile a list of words white people cannot use to reference anything to African Americans.

Nigg3R
Porch Monkey
Cotton Picker
Ghetto
Posse
Gang

Add to the list and get it public. Its ridiculous that everyone is so damn sensitive to everything. Let's be honest, Lebron is not mad about the usage of the word "Posse", he just doesn't want people speaking publicly about his prima donna ways as he feels it will portray him as a spoiled brat.

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 02:46 PM
meh, its how you use it. I also think people look for racism real quick these days but honestly, if Lebron James was Mike Dunleavy and Mike's friends were doing well in running his and others careers...they would not be called 'posse'.
Lol this is literally what I was tryna say then the keyboard warriors were calling me a "sensitive blackboy"

atljonesbro
11-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Before this whole incident I always thought of a bunch of white cowboys as a posse :oldlol: . LePosse and his fans are one in the same. Sensitive and soft.

AirTupac
11-16-2016, 02:55 PM
Pjax should have used chimp gang instead

kells333
11-16-2016, 03:52 PM
Its crazy that you never hear white people talk so tough in real life but on the internet its "black people sensitive0, "black people are all on welfare" etc. yes he has a right to be mad because like the other poster said if it was a white basketball player surrounded by a bunch of successful white guys phil would not have chose the word posse. If you specifically chose the words posse, gang homie g's or any other words that support racial stereotypes just because theyre black then yes that is racist.

kells333
11-16-2016, 03:54 PM
Pjax should have used chimp gang instead

See perfect example. You know you would get the shit beat out of you if you said that in real life. Thats pure ******ry right there to talk like that simply because youre hidden behind a keyboard.

atljonesbro
11-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Its crazy that you never hear white people talk so tough in real life but on the internet its "black people sensitive0, "black people are all on welfare" etc. yes he has a right to be mad because like the other poster said if it was a white basketball player surrounded by a bunch of successful white guys phil would not have chose the word posse. If you specifically chose the words posse, gang homie g's or any other words that support racial stereotypes just because theyre black then yes that is racist.
LePosse and his posse of fans are soft AF :roll:

Ben Simons
11-16-2016, 04:57 PM
To be fair, I don't hear it used with white people.

Bankaii
11-16-2016, 05:06 PM
This times 1000.
They get behind the computer screen and act like a badass then get in public and they're too scared to cough if a black guy is around.
I like white people in general but a good bit of white dudes are absolute cucks.

Smoke117
11-16-2016, 05:12 PM
This times 1000.
They get behind the computer screen and act like a badass then get in public and they're too scared to cough if a black guy is around.
I like white people in general but a good bit of white dudes are absolute cucks.

That's because, unlike the rest of the races, blacks will resort to violence at the drop of a pin. In fact, many of these black men and women are, right now, enjoying the amenities at state facilities for this same behavior. :lol

I also enjoy you black men crying and whining about keyboard warriors like you would actually do anything. It's like my father taught me...never get in a fight with a stranger...you don't know what they are capable of...They could be crazy or have a gun. Also, try and carry a pocket knife with you at all times. Sound advice I've used to this day.

The word POSSE has absolutely nothing to do with race and only these whiney crybaby blacks (you) would deem it so.

hold this L
11-16-2016, 05:13 PM
http://www.impawards.com/2015/posters/entourage_ver10.jpg

C-Green
11-16-2016, 05:22 PM
If you specifically chose the words posse, gang homie g's or any other words that support racial stereotypes just because theyre black then yes that is racist.
I agree with what you're saying, but cottdamn, where does the list start and end? Posse is a new one to me man, and like another poster said, didn't that word start with Jesse James and Billy The Kid?

FatComputerNerd
11-16-2016, 05:24 PM
NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws5se6wLjUY

Ben Simons
11-16-2016, 05:28 PM
I agree with what you're saying, but cottdamn, where does the list start and end? Posse is a new one to me man, and like another poster said, didn't that word start with Jesse James and Billy The Kid?
Comparing them to criminals, even if those criminals were white, doesn't necessarily help the case.

C-Green
11-16-2016, 05:32 PM
Comparing them to criminals, even if those criminals were white, doesn't necessarily help the case.
Solid point.

Lebron23
11-16-2016, 05:34 PM
Lebron should have ignore Phil Jackson. he and the knicks are irrelevant anyway. Knicks should have fired him, and just build their team around Kristap.

dazzer87
11-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Lebron should have ignore Phil Jackson. he and the knicks are irrelevant anyway. Knicks should have fired him, and just build their team around Kristap.
thats the problem with Lebron.....He doesnt know when to speak and when to shut up. Very low IQ......

Lebron23
11-16-2016, 05:44 PM
thats the problem with Lebron.....He doesnt know when to speak and when to shut up. Very low IQ......

The only good thing about this feud is that it might give the Cavs a motivation to equal his 72 wins, or surpass the Warriors record.

Knicks vs. the Cavs should be a fun game anyway.

Hey Yo
11-16-2016, 05:54 PM
"This isn

Duderonomy
11-16-2016, 06:16 PM
Bron endorsed Clinton

Got bullied by experienced vets through out his career

Is easily offended by everything.

Folds under pressure 3/4th of time .

There are Rumors Reshard Lewis banged his girl and Shames welcomed him as teammate in Miami.

Bron is literally a libtard cuck.

AirTupac
11-16-2016, 06:23 PM
See perfect example. You know you would get the shit beat out of you if you said that in real life. Thats pure ******ry right there to talk like that simply because youre hidden behind a keyboard.

I'll say it to anyones face bch :pimp:

Bankaii
11-16-2016, 09:16 PM
That's because, unlike the rest of the races, blacks will resort to violence at the drop of a pin. In fact, many of these black men and women are, right now, enjoying the amenities at state facilities for this same behavior. :lol

I also enjoy you black men crying and whining about keyboard warriors like you would actually do anything. It's like my father taught me...never get in a fight with a stranger...you don't know what they are capable of...They could be crazy or have a gun. Also, try and carry a pocket knife with you at all times. Sound advice I've used to this day.

The word POSSE has absolutely nothing to do with race and only these whiney crybaby blacks (you) would deem it so.
So not only are you a raging alcoholic but you're a racist pos too, what a pathetic life.

I know you drink alone because you're a lonely ass loser, but try going out to a bar for once. White people are just as violent as black people, and it's 10x worse when they're drunk because they're true side shows. Your dad should've given you better advice about being a man.

Nobody is crying you illiterate ass. White shrimps like you talking all this shit on an anonymous forum then get in public and smile at every black guy you see out of pure fear. I don't care what the race is, I'm equally suspicious of all people, not just blacks.

And I have no problem with the word posse. Quit assuming like a little child. Now go shove another 40 down your throat and die of alcohol poisoning so the world can be free of one less piece of scum.

Smoke117
11-16-2016, 09:26 PM
So not only are you a raging alcoholic but you're a racist pos too, what a pathetic life.

I know you drink alone because you're a lonely ass loser, but try going out to a bar for once. White people are just as violent as black people, and it's 10x worse when they're drunk because they're true side shows. Your dad should've given you better advice about being a man.

Nobody is crying you illiterate ass. White shrimps like you talking all this shit on an anonymous forum then get in public and smile at every black guy you see out of pure fear. I don't care what the race is, I'm equally suspicious of all people, not just blacks.

And I have no problem with the word posse. Quit assuming like a little child. Now go shove another 40 down your throat and die of alcohol poisoning so the world can be free of one less piece of scum.

LOL...this is exactly the response I was hoping for, thank you. You've never noticed I just say this stuff to get a rise out of you brothers? Yes, you got me...I'm a racist half white, half mexican man who loves to watch a sport where the players are 95% black. I also keep this Dwade icon as a way to keep the black man down. I literally say everything I say in regards to racism to show how ridiculous it is...and to see these hilarious blow-ups of course. Read between the lines, relax, and pour yourself a purple drank. You obviously aren't paying attention enough if you think I'm racist...I make light of racism because I think it's amusing that people like you and others (whether black, white, brown, yellow etc) spend so much time obsessing over it.

Now...take a deep breath before you give yourself a stroke...the other young angry black men of the world need you.

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 09:35 PM

Lol but the fact of the matter is you won't do anything. You're possibly hundreds of miles away, and you're most likely over 21 and just told me to carry a pocket knife. You're not a tough guy, there's no shame in not being a tough guy. Just continue your life and stop trying to be hard for other men on an online forum.

Smoke117
11-16-2016, 09:37 PM
Lol but the fact of the matter is you won't do anything. You're possibly hundreds of miles away, and you're most likely over 21 and just told me to carry a pocket knife. You're not a tough guy, there's no shame in not being a tough guy. Just continue your life and stop trying to be hard for other men on an online forum.

Sigh...read my post above this one you just posted.

tpols
11-16-2016, 09:37 PM

So this idiot cries racism on this issue.. then proceeds to perpetuate stereotypes about white people being physically inferior and black people intimidating.. To complete the full circle of hypocrisy

Not only knows nothing about basketball but life in general.

Classic banzai lol.

NumberSix
11-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Stop.

I could slightly see this argument with the word "thug" sometimes being a code word, but this one gets absolutely no sympathy. I mean, posse? Are you fcking kidding?

There is absolutely no history whatsoever of "posse" being an anti-black code word. None. Never. Nunca.

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Sigh...read my post above this one you just posted.
You can huff and puff do whatever, your post to him has no relation to mine. Its cool to make light of racism but just chill with the tough guy act. "We men" as Derrick Rose would say, nothing to be trying to flex for on a website full of guys.

kells333
11-16-2016, 09:47 PM
LePosse and his posse of fans are soft AF :roll:

Not really a lebron fan but ok

Smoke117
11-16-2016, 09:48 PM
You can huff and puff do whatever, your post to him has no relation to mine. Its cool to make light of racism but just chill with the tough guy act. "We men" as Derrick Rose would say, nothing to be trying to flex for on a website full of guys.

Who's flexing? It's always black men going on and on about how white people are afraid of them and would never say this or that to their faces. I don't need to act tough on the internet. If I was going to get in a fight with a guy I knew was bigger and better I would just cheat lol...I'd bring a bat, a roll of quarters, brass knuckles...something. It's like Al says to Bullock in Deadwood when he says he'd beat him in a fair fight: Well that doesn't give me any incentive to fight fair then does it?

You don't spend 10 years of your life drinking heavily without falling into a few altercations. Beer Bottles for instance...do not break on contact like in the movies. I got a concussion from a bottle upside the head 3-4 years ago.

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 09:51 PM
Who's flexing? It's always black men going on and on about how white people are afraid of them and would never say this or that to their faces. I don't need to act tough on the internet. If I was going to get in a fight with a guy I knew was bigger and better I would just cheat lol...I'd bring a bat, a roll of quarters, brass knuckles...something. It's like Al says to Bullock in Deadwood when he says he'd beat him in a fair fight: Well that doesn't give me any incentive to fight fair then does it?
Eh never said any of that, just stated the obvious. You can't do anything, you have no clue where I live or anything. Just stop the tough talk on a basketball forum

kells333
11-16-2016, 09:54 PM
I'll say it to anyones face bch :pimp:

Of course you would. Smh

Baby Arm Johnso
11-16-2016, 11:05 PM
Holy F'n crap, the world is going insane with this nonsense. Every word has some sinister secret meaning reveals racism.

Did the meaning or Racist change to mean A$$hole?

yeaaaman
11-16-2016, 11:40 PM
Sounds like a lot of people here need to join the alt right movement

"we're tired of being the enemy, blamed for everything, poor whitey!" :oldlol:

If you're calling all black people sensitive, the people who are all up in arms seem just as sensitive. What is it with the divisive nature of Americans? It seems like hate is your religion, well continue to preach and practice my friends.

I don't know where it was asserted that the word "posse" was racist. I also didn't think it took a brain surgeon to be able to assume that the notion Jackson was putting forward may come across to anyone in LeBron's position - white or black - that your business ventures are in some way de-legitimized by having your friends involved, no matter how successful that venture.

It lacks of respect. I didn't know people would be so shocked at the possibility of Phil Jackson possibly being or coming across as condescending. But, instead, when somebody puts that possibility out there, a bunch of people have their underwear all tied up at "how dare people call Phil Jackson racist, he didn't do anything!!" like that ever even happened in the first place.

I might be late on the news but I didn't see Lebron calling Phil Jackson racist, I am certainly open for correction though. But, why not make a fake agenda and a crusade against black people and POC for the times they do cry foul in regards to racial issues, as if you personally are being attacked by somebody asking for a decent level of respect, and then call those people softies, crybabies, race baiters etc. :oldlol:

This however is ISH, which is a sad refelection of...well honestly I have no clue what the demographic of the people on this website is so I can't say what it reflects but for the most part it seems like a pretty sad one.

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 11:50 PM

If you're calling all black people sensitive, the people who are all up in arms seem just as sensitive. What is it with the divisive nature of Americans? It seems like hate is your religion, well continue to preach and practice my friends.

I don't know where it was asserted that the word "posse" was racist. I also didn't think it took a brain surgeon to be able to assume that the notion Jackson was putting forward may come across to anyone in LeBron's position - white or black - that your business ventures are in some way de-legitimized by having your friends involved, no matter how successful that venture.

It lacks of respect. I didn't know people would be so shocked at the possibility of Phil Jackson possibly being or coming across as condescending. But, instead, when somebody puts that possibility out there, a bunch of people have their underwear all tied up at "how dare people call Phil Jackson racist, he didn't do anything!!" like that ever even happened in the first place.

I might be late on the news but I didn't see Lebron calling Phil Jackson racist, I am certainly open for correction though. But, why not make a fake agenda and a crusade against black people and POC for the times they do cry foul in regards to racial issues, as if you personally are being attacked by somebody asking for a decent level of respect, and then call those people softies, crybabies, race baiters etc. :oldlol:

This however is ISH, which is a sad refelection of...well honestly I have no clue what the demographic of the people on this website is so I can't say what it reflects but for the most part it seems like a pretty sad one.
God bless you bruh, very knowledgeble dude :applause:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-16-2016, 11:53 PM

Are you sheltered or something? How is any of this "tough talk"?

You don't know who or what that poster looks like, so why would you assume this?

So many fools on here. God damn. :oldlol:

yeaaaman
11-17-2016, 12:29 AM
God bless you bruh, very knowledgeble dude :applause:

Thank you but I'm not sure it's so much that as much as it is the lack of knowledge in a lot of the posts here. I had multiple face palm moments sifting through the bs in this thread.

NattyPButter
11-17-2016, 12:35 AM
WTF...just heard about this shit. As a black man I'm disappointed in you Lebron playing the race card. Sensitive as bitch.

Bankaii
11-17-2016, 12:52 AM
So this idiot cries racism on this issue.. then proceeds to perpetuate stereotypes about white people being physically inferior and black people intimidating.. To complete the full circle of hypocrisy

Not only knows nothing about basketball but life in general.

Classic banzai lol.
Can you read you fkn moron. I already stayed the word "posse" has no recital connotation imo.

Where did I say white people were inferior? Or that black people are intimidating? Again learn to read.

You follow me around making shit posts all the time. Did I hurt your feelings or something? Move on bud.

Bankaii
11-17-2016, 12:56 AM
LOL...this is exactly the response I was hoping for, thank you. You've never noticed I just say this stuff to get a rise out of you brothers? Yes, you got me...I'm a racist half white, half mexican man who loves to watch a sport where the players are 95% black. I also keep this Dwade icon as a way to keep the black man down. I literally say everything I say in regards to racism to show how ridiculous it is...and to see these hilarious blow-ups of course. Read between the lines, relax, and pour yourself a purple drank. You obviously aren't paying attention enough if you think I'm racist...I make light of racism because I think it's amusing that people like you and others (whether black, white, brown, yellow etc) spend so much time obsessing over it.

Now...take a deep breath before you give yourself a stroke...the other young angry black men of the world need you.
Fk you Smoke.
You're one of the few posters on here I don't think is a complete moron. Thought I was going to have to take you off that list. I can take a joke as long as you aren't serious, it's all in good fun:cheers:

KyrieTheFuture
11-17-2016, 01:30 AM

When you say "the only reason he used that word is because its a group of young African Americans trying to make a difference" how is there no accusation of racism there?

theaussieguy
11-17-2016, 01:31 AM
what about in movies/tv/comedy when non-white people say something along the lines of "white people smh"?

Remember guys it's only racist if the subject isn't white.

CuhGetsBucks
11-17-2016, 01:39 AM
what about in movies/tv/comedy when non-white people say something along the lines of "white people smh"?

You asked this already and I already answered it.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12675288&postcount=78

AirTupac
11-17-2016, 02:10 AM
Of course you would. Smh

Shut up chimp boy

Akhenaten
11-17-2016, 02:11 AM
And the slogan "making America great again" is just a completely benign group of words right? Surely there is no allusion there, no dog-whistle, no insinuation......RIIIIIGGGHHT

Yall just love playing dumb and fool yourselves into thinking you're so coy and clever :rolleyes:

Give me the overt in your face stuff I can at least respect it

ballinhun8
11-17-2016, 02:24 AM
Maverick Carter just is really a sensitive b*tch.

The ONLY reason he is even in a position of "power" is cuz he was HS teammates with Bron. The guy dropped out of college and the only other client he's had has been Johnny Manziel. no explanation needed.

And everyone in the league, media, and fans knows Bron needs his special treatment, needs his crew, and acts bigger then the team. Thats why he's not in Miami anymore. Riley was done with his bs. Thats what Phil was answering to but people are ignoring that fact. If he said "crew" then I'm sure Carter and his goons would still feel the same. Carter, just has to have his limelight so he calls out the GOAT coach for an innocent comment that he wanted to deem racist. And bron, not one with the most common sense, agrees and has his boys back.

theaussieguy
11-17-2016, 02:40 AM
You asked this already and I already answered it.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12675288&postcount=78

like 3ball I have now compiled a list of predetermined responses given the subject matter

yeaaaman
11-17-2016, 03:16 AM
When you say "the only reason he used that word is because its a group of young African Americans trying to make a difference" how is there no accusation of racism there?

Like I said I'm open to being corrected but everything I said I still stand behind, because the sad part is that - and I'm sure many people will probably call this blasphemy - it isn't ludicrous for Lebron to assume that their was an either conscious or subconscious racial undertone to what Jackson said, I would say unconscious because I don't believe Jackson to be one to actively take that position, instead just someone who is old and out of touch.

HOWEVER, you can't say you think it's completely out there for young black professionals to be disregarded with language such as "possse" when regarding their business ventures where it may not be the same for other, say white, individuals.

The bottom line is people have assumptions and associations of others that is often based off of race, and people get it all the time through actual lived experiences, whether that be intentional or unintentional, conscious or unconscious, overt or discrete. We are all effected by racial tendencies. Jackson's language was dismissive and lacking respect at best, when making public comments on someone else representing the same brand/company as himself.

yeaaaman
11-17-2016, 03:18 AM

I don't know who you're responding to but good point - let's do something about this! Where should we start?

Bankaii
11-17-2016, 03:28 AM

You were being sarcastic but this isn't totally incorrect.
Racism (at least in America) is based upon a system created by whites. So no, systemically non-whites can't be racist to them.

yeaaaman
11-17-2016, 04:02 AM
You were being sarcastic but this isn't totally incorrect.
Racism (at least in America) is based upon a system created by whites. So no, systemically non-whites can't be racist to them.

I wouldn't get too technical here since most probably won't care for/believe it, but yes, there is racial prejudice and stereotypes that can go across all races but racism as a system has been applied by those with power in American society on those without it based on a racial construct. That system hasn't been applied against whites.

CuhGetsBucks
11-17-2016, 04:48 AM
I wouldn't get too technical here since most probably won't care for/believe it, but yes, there is racial prejudice and stereotypes that can go across all races but racism as a system has been applied by those with power in American society on those without it based on a racial construct. That system hasn't been applied against whites.
But I feel like lots of our people use that to alienate and attack whites. Which I think is incredibly wrong. Even each other, we use words like Uncle Tom and Coon to describe the ones who are not similar to the rest of us. I think that sets us back a little.

STATUTORY
11-17-2016, 11:13 AM
white people can also get pretty gangsta in the ballot box. just ask this guy

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/161109010529-van-jones-best-exlarge-169.jpg

#whitelash

kells333
11-17-2016, 11:25 AM
Are you sheltered or something? How is any of this "tough talk"?

You don't know who or what that poster looks like, so why would you assume this?

So many fools on here. God damn. :oldlol:

It's tough talk because it's talk that would get you slapped face to face. You might be the sheltered one thinking calling someone chimp boy to their face wouldn't result in a fight.
No I don't know what the poster looks like but I can safely assume he wouldn't say anything like that based on every white person ive ever met.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-17-2016, 11:29 AM
It's tough talk because it's talk that would get you slapped face to face. You might be the sheltered one thinking calling someone chimp boy to their face wouldn't result in a fight.
No I don't know what the poster looks like but I can safely assume he wouldn't say anything like that based on every white person ive ever met.

Look at the original post I quoted from you.

You responded to someone calling black people "sensitive". That isn't tough talk... Put your big boy pants on. :oldlol:

Prometheus
11-17-2016, 11:51 AM
Black people like to get in the way. Taking up two parking spaces, walking slowly as a large group in a hallway, standing in a doorway and not moving without being asked, and driving slow AF on the highway... that's about as racist as it gets for me. I don't like that you guys do that shit.

The things I dislike about white people are much more serious, and I typically find myself defending black people against whites on most disputes.

P.S. forgot to mention you guys are also way too loud on college campuses. Stop blasting your headphones in the computer lab, I'm trying to focus and get work done god dammit.

UK2K
11-17-2016, 11:54 AM
Like I said I'm open to being corrected but everything I said I still stand behind, because the sad part is that - and I'm sure many people will probably call this blasphemy - it isn't ludicrous for Lebron to assume that their was an either conscious or subconscious racial undertone to what Jackson said, I would say unconscious because I don't believe Jackson to be one to actively take that position, instead just someone who is old and out of touch.

HOWEVER, you can't say you think it's completely out there for young black professionals to be disregarded with language such as "possse" when regarding their business ventures where it may not be the same for other, say white, individuals.

The bottom line is people have assumptions and associations of others that is often based off of race, and people get it all the time through actual lived experiences, whether that be intentional or unintentional, conscious or unconscious, overt or discrete. We are all effected by racial tendencies. Jackson's language was dismissive and lacking respect at best, when making public comments on someone else representing the same brand/company as himself.

I think if you're looking for it, you can always find it.

yeaaaman
11-17-2016, 01:58 PM
I think if you're looking for it, you can always find it.

That may be true but I don't believe that makes it any less real, or that we should not be looking for these types of things when directed at anyone, not just blacks.

Stan Van Gundy seems to agree with Lebron and said he noticed he's never used that word regarding whites but has towards blacks. I'm not shocked by that, we all have racial tendencies I think it's fair to admit they do exist and I don't see particular harm in calling them out when they happen.

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/799273495813242881