PDA

View Full Version : KAT= 3-10 from three!!?!?!

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 09:54 AM
It this really what the supposed "new great center" is supposed to be!?!

At 7'0 feet 240 this guy should be manhandling on the inside. What the hell is this BS. Can some Wolves fan explain to me if this is Thibs idea or is this what this dude is becoming all on his own? Are the defenses he's playing that aggressive that he is OBLIGATED to drift to the 3 point line?

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 09:56 AM
It this really what the supposed "new great center" is supposed to be!?!

At 7'0 feet 240 this guy should be manhandling on the inside. What the hell is this BS. Can some Wolves fan explain to me if this is Thibs idea or is this what this dude is becoming all on his own? Are the defenses he's playing that aggressive that he is OBLIGATED to drift to the 3 point line?
The game has changed, he's a good shooter and if he's out there and feels confident he can knock it down, why not shoot it? You never tell a good shooter to stop shooting. He's not OBLIGATED to be down on the block 24/7, if his game stretches, he'll take the shot.

PJR
11-16-2016, 09:58 AM
KG even said on his "Area 21" segment during one of the TNT broadcast that Towns likes the three a little too much for his liking.

Don't want my center ever hoisting that many attempts from 3. In any circumstance.

toneloc103
11-16-2016, 10:03 AM
Brook Lopez was 4-11 tonight from 3... what is gong on.....

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 10:05 AM
Give me a break with "the game has changed BS"

With a guy that size and with the small players that are platooning at that position in today's league you don't think he would cause more havoc down low where he can attract double teams opening up shots for Lavine and Wiggins and also putting pressure on the defense probably drawing fouls and going to the line for a few 3-point plays anyway?

When a 7 foot players falls in love with a jump shot/3 pointer it negates EVERY PHYSICAL ADVANTAGE he has over the defense.

I like Dirk, Garnett, Webber and Wallace but NOBODY in their right mind would take them over true dominant low post centers like Hakeem, Kareem, Shaq, Moses or Ewing!

If KAT wants to really have an impact on a team that's MAJORLY STRUGGLING, get his as! down low!!!! Let Rubio, Wiggins and Lavine jack up the open 3's they're going to get from the double team.

He should call Tim Duncan for some tutoring!

ImKobe
11-16-2016, 10:05 AM
to be fair 3/10 from 3 is same as making 4.5 2-pointers out of 10, not the worst thing in the world.

he's in his 2nd season people expect too much out him right away, he'll find the balance.

ClipperRevival
11-16-2016, 10:07 AM

With a guy that size and with the small players that are platooning at that position in today's league you don't think he would cause more havoc down low where he can attract double teams opening up shots for Lavine and Wiggins and also putting pressure on the defense probably drawing fouls and going to the line for a few 3-point plays anyway?

When a 7 foot players falls in love with a jump shot/3 pointer it negates EVERY PHYSICAL ADVANTAGE he has over the defense.

I like Dirk, Garnett, Webber and Wallace but NOBODY in their right mind would take them over true dominant low post centers like Hakeem, Kareem, Shaq, Moses or Ewing!

If KAT wants to really have an impact on a team that's MAJORLY STRUGGLING, get his as! down low!!!! Let Rubio, Wiggins and Lavine jack up the open 3's they're going to get from the double team.

Ditto.

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 10:15 AM

I usually respect your posts, but the game has changed. Get over it. You gotta stop going on these rants about 90s and 80s style of play. It's over with. Done with. Get over it.

tpols
11-16-2016, 10:16 AM
to be fair 3/10 from 3 is same as making 4.5 2-pointers out of 10, not the worst thing in the world.

he's in his 2nd season people expect too much out him right away, he'll find the balance.

3 pointers are never a guarantee though.. thats the problem. Even a wide open one can be 50/50. If tim duncan got a little daylight he could probably hit a banker at a 80% clip.. "live by the 3 die by the 3" .. it greatly increases your risk. If you got a great big man, you need to take advantage of that two point floor.

FireDavidKahn
11-16-2016, 10:18 AM
He has fallen in love with the 3 point shot a bit too much.

ClipperRevival
11-16-2016, 10:21 AM
I usually respect your posts, but the game has changed. Get over it. You gotta stop going on these rants about 90s and 80s style of play. It's over with. Done with. Get over it.

On the flip side, it could be that GSW's ring in 2015 was a glitch in the matrix as it caught the league off guard and no primarily shooting team will ever win a ring again? And then, you will see the league go back to a more traditional and balanced approach?

Seriously, if GSW doesn't win another ring with that GOAT level cast, it will simply prove this point. Physicality, toughness, playing through contact, etc all matter in the playoffs.

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 10:25 AM
On the flip side, it could be that GSW's ring in 2015 was a glitch in the matrix as it caught the league off guard and no primarily shooting team will ever win a ring again? And then, you will see the league go back to a more traditional and balanced approach?

Seriously, if GSW doesn't win another ring with that GOAT level cast, it will simply prove this point. Physicality, toughness, playing through contact, etc all matter in the playoffs.
I agree, but I don't think that will suddenly stop the influx of young players learning to shoot the 3 before anything else. Especially with LeBron's twilight coming sometime in the next few years, shooters like KD and Curry are becoming youngsters models. Curry for Guards and KD for bigs. Every big man wants to be KD until they realize they aren't skilled enough then they stay down in the post. I saw this a lot during high school, it's pretty shitty to see. Mark Jackson made a great point when he said Curry was kinda killing the game.

ImKobe
11-16-2016, 10:37 AM
3 pointers are never a guarantee though.. thats the problem. Even a wide open one can be 50/50. If tim duncan got a little daylight he could probably hit a banker at a 80% clip.. "live by the 3 die by the 3" .. it greatly increases your risk. If you got a great big man, you need to take advantage of that two point floor.

I agree but having the ability to hit the 3 stretches out the defense, plus he's only like 10 games into his 2nd year in the league and his production hasn't gone worse with the added 3pt attempts.

Of course 3s aren't a guarantee but we saw Duncan miss twice at the rim over a 6'8 Shane Battier when a championship was on the line.

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 10:38 AM
You just don't get it do you CuhGetBucks!

Man forget about the 80's!!! In a league where EVERYBODY is trying to play like the Warriors and virtually 98% of teams don't have the personnel to play that way, why the hel! are you wasting the ONLY advantage that could punish the Warriors and the rest of the NBA by trying to play the same way!?!?!?

The analytics logic is so warped is not even funny!!! Like the poster said above "3-10 from 3 is like going 4.5 out of 10 on 2's so it's not that bad" LOL!!!! This way of thinking operates in the 3>2 vacuum not considering anything else.

For example a good to great center is going to nail 5 to 7 shots (that's 10 to 14 points) on every 10 attempts specially if he's in close to the basket and has a few moves that can free him up. Not to mention THE SPACE HE'S GOING TO GENERATE from double teams for the other true perimeter guys who will find it easier to get an open look instead of trying to beat the defense from 25 feet out dribbling the air out of the ball, Steph Curry is the only player in today's league that should look to play that way.

The other aspect of down low play, CREATING FOULS!!!! The idea of KAT shooting 10 shots from down low where he can force contact in today's ticky tack league probably gets him 2 to 3 fouls!!! That alters game plans my friends. How many fouls do you think KAT is going to draw shooting 10 3's!!!

Not to mention the inside-outside dynamic is a symbiotic one, when Rubio, Wiggins and Lavine start nailing those open looks it's going to free up EVEN MORE SPACE for KAT down low and puts teams in a bind of where to double or not doubling at all and take their changes one on one where guys like Wiggins and Lavine can take advantage of their athleticism on penetration opportunities.

Lebronxrings
11-16-2016, 10:39 AM
defenses are a lot tougher today than back then. Big men need to rely more on shooting

ImKobe
11-16-2016, 10:44 AM
You just don't get it do you CuhGetBucks!

Man forget about the 80's!!! In a league where EVERYBODY is trying to play like the Warriors and virtually 98% of teams don't have the personnel to play that way, why the hel! are you wasting the ONLY advantage that could punish the Warriors and the rest of the NBA by trying to play the same way!?!?!?

The analytics logic is so warped is not even funny!!! Like the poster said above "3-10 from 3 is like going 4.5 out of 10 on 2's so it's not that bad" LOL!!!! This way of thinking operates in the 3>2 vacuum not considering anything else.

For example a good to great center is going to nail 5 to 7 shots (that's 10 to 14 points) on every 10 attempts specially if he's in close to the basket and has a few moves that can free him up. Not to mention THE SPACE HE'S GOING TO GENERATE from double teams for the other true perimeter guys who will find it easier to get an open look instead of trying to beat the defense from 25 feet out dribbling the air out of the ball, Steph Curry is the only player in today's league that should look to play that way.

The other aspect of down low play, CREATING FOULS!!!! The idea of KAT shooting 10 shots from down low where he can force contact in today's ticky tack league probably gets him 2 to 3 fouls!!! That alters game plans my friends. How many fouls do you think KAT is going to draw shooting 10 3's!!!

Not to mention the inside-outside dynamic is a symbiotic one, when Rubio, Wiggins and Lavine start nailing those open looks it's going to free up EVEN MORE SPACE for KAT down low and puts teams in a bind of where to double or not doubling at all and take their changes one on one where guys like Wiggins and Lavine can take advantage of their athleticism on penetration opportunities.

Yes but he isn't exclusively shooting 3s... Plus him being a good shooter gives them the ability to pull the opposing bigs out of the paint so Wiggins or Lavine could cut to the basket. You give DeAndre Jordan the ball at the 3pt line his man is going to stay inside but you have to cover Towns or he's going to punish you from 3.

They are nowhere near contention right now and Towns has plenty of time to find out what's best for his game, let him shoot jump shots if he's good at it. He still virtually attempts the same amount of 2s he did last year, just takes 3 more 3-point attempts per game, as long as he isn't just out there camping the 3-pt line it's not a problem.

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 10:47 AM
Yes but he isn't exclusively shooting 3s... Plus him being a good shooter gives them the ability to pull the opposing bigs out of the paint so Wiggins or Lavine could cut to the basket. You give DeAndre Jordan the ball at the 3pt line his man is going to stay inside but you have to cover Towns or he's going to punish you from 3.

They are nowhere near contention right now and Towns has plenty of time to find out what's best for his game, let him shoot jump shots if he's good at it. He still virtually attempts the same amount of 2s he did last year, just takes 3 more 3-point attempts per game, as long as he isn't just out there camping the 3-pt line it's not a problem.
Yeah he said it for me, it's pick your poison. Wiggins and LaVine are great finishers and aggressive swingmen. KAT being able to shoot opens the floor for that too while not clogging the paint. That's why bigs like him, AD and Cousins are so revered because they can expand the 2 man game much wider being legitimate threats in the pick and pop and the pick and roll.

It's easy to knock it when he's struggling but let's not forget AW just dropped 47, to think KAT had no impact on that at all due to his versatile play is a bit asinine.

UK2K
11-16-2016, 10:55 AM
He's shooting 37% from the 3pt line this season...

I'm not understanding the problem.

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 11:07 AM
Give me a break with the "defenses are tougher now a days" bullsh!t. A lot less athletic 37 year old Tim Duncan won a title in 2014 playing THE SAME DAMN WAY he did in 1997!!! What do you think the great centers of the past IN THEIR PRIMES would do to the modern soft, low IQ watered down league!?!?

Let me brake it down again! Zach, Wiggins and any other slasher doesn't need KAT to shoot 3's to "unclog" the paint, the NBA already took care of that problem back in the mid 2000's by putting in the defensive 3 second rule!!!! All KAT has to do to make DeAndre Jordan or any other defensive center step away from the basket is take a few steps away from the paint and that's it!!! KAT still remains relatively close to the basket while keeping the defensive center honest and even if the defender decides to challenge the slasher going to the basket, KAT is basically left all alone for a lay up, dunk or alley-oop! If the slasher decides to attack he has an increased change of getting a foul or if he misses without any contact, KAT still is in great position for the OFFENSIVE REBOUND, remember those?!?! Win-win for the offense.

It makes absolutely NO SENSE whatsoever to have 4 to 5 players trying to shoot 3 pointers when 2 to 3 guys is MORE THAN PLENTY!!! People still forget, the 3 is STILL BEING SHOT AT 35%!!! Wouldn't it make sense to have at least 1 or 2 players down low concentrating on getting shots that have a higher probability to be made at a 50 to 60% clip!?!?

Go watch videos of the 1994-95 Houston Rockets with Hakeem at his peak to see what I'm talking about. Kenny Smith, Robert Horry, Vernon Maxwell and Sam Cassel NEVER IN THEIR CAREERS had more open 3 pointers than they had in those two years and Hakeem never had that much space to operate!!!

Kingwillball
11-16-2016, 11:15 AM
He needs to get in post more for sure but funny thing is he has not even hit his stride yet this year he can and probably will be better overall especially on glass and he is still averaging 21 and almost 9 a game..

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 11:20 AM
Give me a break with the "defenses are tougher now a days" bullsh!t. A lot less athletic 37 year old Tim Duncan won a title in 2014 playing THE SAME DAMN WAY he did in 1997!!! What do you think the great centers of the past IN THEIR PRIMES would do to the modern soft, low IQ watered down league!?!?

Let me brake it down again! Zach, Wiggins and any other slasher doesn't need KAT to shoot 3's to "unclog" the paint, the NBA already took care of that problem back in the mid 2000's by putting in the defensive 3 second rule!!!! All KAT has to do to make DeAndre Jordan or any other defensive center step away from the basket is take a few steps away from the paint and that's it!!! KAT still remains relatively close to the basket while keeping the defensive center honest and even if the defender decides to challenge the slasher going to the basket, KAT is basically left all alone for a lay up, dunk or alley-oop! If the slasher decides to attack he has an increased change of getting a foul or if he misses without any contact, KAT still is in great position for the OFFENSIVE REBOUND, remember those?!?! Win-win for the offense.

It makes absolutely NO SENSE whatsoever to have 4 to 5 players trying to shoot 3 pointers when 2 to 3 guys is MORE THAN PLENTY!!! People still forget, the 3 is STILL BEING SHOT AT 35%!!! Wouldn't it make sense to have at least 1 or 2 players down low concentrating on getting shots that have a higher probability to be made at a 50 to 60% clip!?!?

Go watch videos of the 1994-95 Houston Rockets with Hakeem at his peak to see what I'm talking about. Kenny Smith, Robert Horry, Vernon Maxwell and Sam Cassel NEVER IN THEIR CAREERS had more open 3 pointers than they had in those two years and Hakeem never had that much space to operate!!!
Lol what? You really think defensive 3 seconds completely fixes the problem for clogging the paint? Two 4s and Two 5s are 4 bodies on the block in your perfect offensive scheme. Even high school coaches in America are pulling their four out of the block and putting them on the perimeter to help with spacing. The 3 Kris Jenkins hit during the NC game was all thanks to a 4 hanging out on the perimeter. There's nothing wrong with it.

And you gotta stop comparing playstyles from 20 years ago. I don't know how anyone can hate versatile playstyles. Hakeem was post maestro, the greatest to ever do it on the block. Stop expecting it from KAT, he is what he is. On top of that, you're acting as if 37% is a horrible clip. He's more efficient than a good amount of Guards in the league.

UK2K
11-16-2016, 11:38 AM

Actually, it makes a ton of sense.

The court is wider in a half court than it is long... so in essence, the further out on the wings your players play, the less people there are inside the arch.

Kentucky has been abusing people off dribble drives for years.

The fact is, if you can't hit an outside jumper or you aren't athletic enough to catch lobs, you are a liability on offense.

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 11:42 AM
I don't expect KAT or any other modern center for that matter to be Hakeem, but Jesus Christ shooting 10 3 pointers is not versatility for a guy 7' feet 240 pounds!!!! That's just NOT SMART!!!

You want to know how many times KAT went to the line last night, oh yeah a big fat ZERO TIMES, 00000000000!!!!!!! I'm sorry but that is PATHETIC for a big man IN ANY ERA and it will not help the team get better.

That's the dirty little secret of the modern 3 point craze, FOUL SHOT ATTEMPS HAVE PLUMMETED IN THE LAST 20 PLUS YEARS!!! From 28/29 in the 80's and early 90's to 23/24 in today's league!!! That's what you get for settling for 3 pointers and just bad shots!!!

No team is going to beat the Warriors at their own game specially this year, DON'T TRY TO PLAY THAT WAY!!!

The OKC Thunder wasted their chance at the Finals by going 3-23 from the 3 point range in game 6 of last year's WCF!!!!!! They lost by 7 points!!! Wouldn't they have been better served taking 23 2's and making at least 10/11?!?!?! That's 20 to 22 points, they would've won by 4 or 6!!!!

Analytics are math equations devoid of ANY organic understanding and feel for the game and it is ruining the quality of basketball and stunting players true potential by turning them into obtuse androids who need to follow the orders of an Excel spread sheet instead of playing to their strengths and letting the game come to them instead of trying to follow a math script!

Dark times for basketball in general if this continues!!!

ClipperRevival
11-16-2016, 11:50 AM
I don't expect KAT or any other modern center for that matter to be Hakeem, but Jesus Christ shooting 10 3 pointers is not versatility for a guy 7' feet 240 pounds!!!! That's just NOT SMART!!!

You want to know how many times KAT went to the line last night, oh yeah a big fat ZERO TIMES, 00000000000!!!!!!! I'm sorry but that is PATHETIC for a big man IN ANY ERA and it will not help the team get better.

That's the dirty little secret of the modern 3 point craze, FOUL SHOT ATTEMPS HAVE PLUMMETED IN THE LAST 20 PLUS YEARS!!! From 28/29 in the 80's and early 90's to 23/24 in today's league!!! That's what you get for settling for 3 pointers and just bad shots!!!

No team is going to beat the Warriors at their own game specially this year, DON'T TRY TO PLAY THAT WAY!!!

The OKC Thunder wasted their chance at the Finals by going 3-23 from the 3 point range in game 6 of last year's WCF!!!!!! They lost by 7 points!!! Wouldn't they have been better served taking 23 2's and making at least 10/11?!?!?! That's 20 to 22 points, they would've won by 4 or 6!!!!

Analytics are math equations devoid of ANY organic understanding and feel for the game and it is ruining the quality of basketball and stunting players true potential by turning them into obtuse androids who need to follow the orders of an Excel spread sheet instead of playing to their strengths and letting the game come to them instead of trying to follow a math script!

Dark times for basketball in general if this continues!!!

I gotta agree with this too. It's just that when you grew up "back in the days" and played through the hard fouls, physicality, big men playing in the post, etc, this is the type of thinking you naturally have.

Obviously, the math and numbers say 3 is better than 2. And they are right. But as stated above, bball isn't played on paper. It's a game of flow, rhythm, adjustments, momentum, etc that involves humans. It's not as simple as a math equation. When you got a great big man, you have to use him properly.

Marchesk
11-16-2016, 12:00 PM

He's a center. Why do you want your center jacking up threes? The game has gone way too far toward shooting threes. Something needs to be done to bring balance back.

I never thought I'd live to see the day when people defended a big shooting 10 threes in a game. Absurd.

Trumpocalypse
11-16-2016, 12:07 PM
I assumed this was for the season. That is ridiculous for a single game.

UK2K
11-16-2016, 12:37 PM
He's a center. Why do you want your center jacking up threes? The game has gone way too far toward shooting threes. Something needs to be done to bring balance back.

I never thought I'd live to see the day when people defended a big shooting 10 threes in a game. Absurd.

Because now the other team's center isn't standing under the rim, or in a position to help D, or in a position to get a rebound unless it comes straight back.

If my C can shoot 37% from deep, and I like my guards, I'm letting him stand out there as long as he takes his man with him, and I'm letting my guards beat your guards 1 on 1 every time because your guards now have no weak side help.

Ben Simons
11-16-2016, 12:39 PM
Because now the other team's center isn't standing under the rim, or in a position to help D, or in a position to get a rebound unless it comes straight back.

If my C can shoot 37% from deep, and I like my guards, I'm letting him stand out there as long as he takes his man with him, and I'm letting my guards beat your guards 1 on 1 every time because they've got no weak side help.
This. It is one of the reasons why Sabonis was one of the best players against Shaq.

UK2K
11-16-2016, 12:40 PM
This. It is one of the reasons why Sabonis was one of the best players against Shaq.

Yep...

How many shots will Whiteside or DJ block standing on the 3pt line? How many rebounds are they going to get? How many drives will they contest?

A lot less than if they were standing with one foot inside the paint.

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 01:18 PM
Little detail you guys forget to mention, opposing players are NOT GOING TO CHASE another center shooting 3-10 from the 3 point line!!!! Just like DeMarcous Cousins dumb knuckle head as! shooting 29% or Anthony Davis fragile behind shooting 26%!!! THOSE ARE NOT STEPH CURRY NUMBERS!!!!

Opposing coaches are going to wet their pants knowing any of these big numb nuts are going to shoot 10 3 pointers a game, it negates their size and overall physical advantage to grab offensive rebounds, draw fouls and score EASY HIGH PERCENTAGE BUCKETS!!! They just become another bad shot taking jagoff!!!

Another problem the NBA is facing is that the ball dominant guards of today are SHRIMPS that can't take a lot of contact! They want an open 3 pointer or a wide open lane or else their passing the ball!

You think Jordan, Iverson, Kobe, McGrady, Moncrief, Isiah or KJ to name a few had a problem with finishing at the basket with a "clogged paint" with 1 to 3 guys waiting for them. THEY LIVED FOR THAT!!! while also drawing a TON OF FOULS in the process!

The league has basically turned into a jump shooting exhibition with soft rules and players shying away from contact inside the painted area!!!

Thank you David Stern and Nike!

warriorfan
11-16-2016, 01:19 PM
It's about spacing

If he can draw a big man from the other team out to the 3 point line, huge lanes are opened

Even if he isn't hitting, he is still creating opportunities for his teammates

Zeppelin
11-16-2016, 01:35 PM

I agree with everything you just said. Except that I'd definitely take Dirk over Ewing.

UK2K
11-16-2016, 01:42 PM
Little detail you guys forget to mention, opposing players are NOT GOING TO CHASE another center shooting 3-10 from the 3 point line!!!! Just like DeMarcous Cousins dumb knuckle head as! shooting 29% or Anthony Davis fragile behind shooting 26%!!! THOSE ARE NOT STEPH CURRY NUMBERS!!!!

Opposing coaches are going to wet their pants knowing any of these big numb nuts are going to shoot 10 3 pointers a game, it negates their size and overall physical advantage to grab offensive rebounds, draw fouls and score EASY HIGH PERCENTAGE BUCKETS!!! They just become another bad shot taking jagoff!!!

Another problem the NBA is facing is that the ball dominant guards of today are SHRIMPS that can't take a lot of contact! They want an open 3 pointer or a wide open lane or else their passing the ball!

You think Jordan, Iverson, Kobe, McGrady, Moncrief, Isiah or KJ to name a few had a problem with finishing at the basket with a "clogged paint" with 1 to 3 guys waiting for them. THEY LIVED FOR THAT!!! while also drawing a TON OF FOULS in the process!

The league has basically turned into a jump shooting exhibition with soft rules and players shying away from contact inside the painted area!!!

We're not talking about Davis or Cousins.

We're talking about Towns and his 37% 3pt shot.

And honestly if you don't want to guard that, I'll let him shoot outside all day.

ImKobe
11-16-2016, 01:46 PM

Get off that juice and get some sleep dude :oldlol:

Towns is a better shooter than AD and Cousins

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 02:00 PM
And teams are going to HAPPILY LET HIM SHOOT his 37% three pointers!!!

Enjoy another lottery season guys, what is it, your 12th in a row!

Check out the rookie seasons of Kareem, Duncan, Hakeem, Robinson, Mourning and Shaq to see how REAL BIG MEN impact teams!

BigKAT
11-16-2016, 02:24 PM
Joining this one late, I'll say a few things.

1. I'm happy with Karl Anthony Towns this season, I really am. 3-10 or not, he's a good shooter, and if Coach tells him to take those 3's, I trust Coach.
He's not what everyone expected him to be so soon, but he did not disappoint me personally. I expected him to take his time in the new system, and do his best. And eye-test wise, the guy has been great to see. He's gut big flaws, but one that I'm sure a coach like Thibs already pointed. (Passing from the double team/Picking the best way to score on each defense rather then improvise..)

2. Wiggins, Lavine, Towns, Rubio and Dieng-- That's a great starting five. I'm sold. The results aren't as promising so far, but advanced stats will show you the Wolves are much better than their record shows. I'm going to keep saying that, and quite a great deal of people will tell you that this team is -good-, watching it go on tears in the 1st quarter is very impressive.

3. 3rd quarter is a bitch. We keep messing it up, but once more, patience is key. We can't go the New Orleans route and be impatient just because we got a Superstar talent. (Or two.) We need to let our young pieces grow and realize that it will be worth it. But we also can't get cocky and think we'll get good even if we don't make the right decisions, but that's up to Coach Thibs. (Also our Team-builder/trader, doing a role like Van Gundy and Doc.)

Real fans stay through the hard times.

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 02:36 PM

Check out the rookie seasons of Kareem, Duncan, Hakeem, Robinson, Mourning and Shaq to see how REAL BIG MEN impact teams!
You would leave a person shooting 37% open at the 3 point line? :lol :lol
I don't see coaching in your future lmao

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 02:58 PM
If that person is 7'0 foot 240 pounds, I'M DEFINETELY LETTING HIM SHOOT 3 POINTERS!

By letting him camp out at the 3 point line I'm negating ANY ADVANTAGE his size and strength would have on the low block, getting easy baskets, drawing fouls and going to the line, grabbing offensive rebounds and igniting the fast break with timely outlet passing, attracting double teams to free up shooters etc... Your basically turning your BIGGEST PLAYER into a 6'0 foot small soft guy on the perimeter.

If he were truly dominant on the low block he could go 7/8-10 from in close and have a few 3 point plays to boot! That's 14 to 16 points and a few fouls against the defense with the potential for rebounds. Compare that to the empty and simple 9 points your getting from his 3-10 3 point exploits and it's really no contest.

Again, ZERO FT ATTEMPTS LAST NIGHT!!!

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 03:04 PM
If that person is 7'0 foot 240 pounds, I'M DEFINETELY LETTING HIM SHOOT 3 POINTERS!

By letting him camp out at the 3 point line I'm negating ANY ADVANTAGE his size and strength would have on the low block, getting easy baskets, drawing fouls and going to the line, grabbing offensive rebounds and igniting the fast break with timely outlet passing, attracting double teams to free up shooters etc... Your basically turning your BIGGEST PLAYER into a 6'0 foot small soft guy on the perimeter.

If he were truly dominant on the low block he could go 7/8-10 from in close and have a few 3 point plays to boot! That's 14 to 16 points and a few fouls against the defense with the potential for rebounds. Compare that to the empty and simple 9 points your getting from his 3-10 3 point exploits and it's really no contest.

Again, ZERO FT ATTEMPTS LAST NIGHT!!!
You're talking too many generalizations. Because he's big and tall you'll let him shoot despite his 37% clip? Did you read the defensive schemes of that game, maybe there was a reason he was shooting out there.

You sound like Skip Bayless or something, this is ridiculous.

BigKAT
11-16-2016, 03:06 PM
You're talking too many generalizations. Because he's big and tall you'll let him shoot despite his 37% clip? Did you read the defensive schemes of that game, maybe there was a reason he was shooting out there.

You sound like Skip Bayless or something, this is ridiculous.

He sound like he did not watch the game.
The Wolves lost because of a clutch kaminsky and 1, and then a good batum pass down low.

These two moves go either way and it could be a wolves win.

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 03:12 PM
Let's not forget another little wrinkle.

There's also one little skill that perimeter players used lot in the NBA when REAL CENTERS/POST PLAYERS played and got double teamed:

CUTTING TO THE FRIGGING BASKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are today's players that fundamentally inadequate that they don't realize that an opportunity for a layup or dunk in the lane doesn't necessarily mean that you have to dribble for 15/20 seconds 25 feet out expecting to break someone's ankles and hope your 37% 3 point shooting center is standing at the 3 point with his defender chasing him so you can have a red carpet waltz to the rim in an unclogged paint!?!?!?!? With the no hand check rule perimeter guys should be doing this CONSISTENTLY!!!

Go watch some film of ANY GREAT center and see how MANY EASY LAYUPS AND DUNKS perimeter guys got just by cutting to the rim!

Oh but I guess it's better for KAT to keep jacking 3's!

Smoke117
11-16-2016, 03:47 PM
KAT should worry more about his defense than his shooting right now...he hasn't been a game changer in this regard at all. They were 28th in defense last year and are 29th this year...these comparisons to Tim Duncan he always gets are hilarious considering Duncan was a high impact defensive player from the moment he stepped on an NBA court. (He had big dave to learn from and wasn't better than him till 2002, but he was still an all nba defender from the get go whose team would never have been 28th and 29th in defense)

This isn't just numbers either...I"ve watched the Twolves 3 times this year so far and his defense is completely underwhelming. Everyone is always getting on Wiggins...well KAT IS A BIG MAN WHO HAS NO IMPACT DEFENSIVELY, so maybe people should stop sucking him off for his rookie year and start paying attention to this clear hole in his game right now. That top 200 players list had him over Blake Griffin ffs...a guy who is BETTER IN EVERY WAY...defense included as he's finally playing it consistently.

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 04:05 PM
I did not know that, thank you Smoke17!

So basically KAT is a 7'0 foot 240 pound center who likes to jack up 3's versus getting easy buckets down low and has NO DEFENSIVE IMPACT WHATSOEVER!!!

Great.

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 04:08 PM
I did not know that, thank you Smoke17!

So basically KAT is a 7'0 foot 240 pound center who likes to jack up 3's versus getting easy buckets down low and has NO DEFENSIVE IMPACT WHATSOEVER!!!

Great.
In other words, you don't watch the Wolves play so you were just talking generalizations. *sigh*

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 04:15 PM
I don't watch a lot of LOTTERY teams no! But I definitely keep an eye out for the progress of the so called "future stars" of the league.

That's why I asked for Minnesota fans input on the matter after seen the EYE POPPING box score with the 3-10 from 3 with NO FT ATTEMPS stats!!!!

This is supposed to be next great "big man" after all.

CuhGetsBucks
11-16-2016, 04:17 PM
I don't watch a lot of LOTTERY teams no! But I definitely keep an eye out for the progress of the so called "future stars" of the league.

That's why I asked for Minnesota fans input on the matter after seen the EYE POPPING box score with the 3-10 from 3 with NO FT ATTEMPS stats!!!!

This is supposed to be next great "big man" after all.
Box scores are deceptive and elementary, you're not learning about players and play styles by watching box scores sir.

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 04:27 PM
Your definitely right on that one!

If the Wolves fans are happy with the way he's playing and developing then who the heck I'm I to rag on their parade.

CuterThanRubio
11-16-2016, 04:42 PM
He did cost them the game last night, but it's not about the number of attempts it's about the situation.

He was chucking recklessly trying to find his rhythm instead of moving the ball, it's been a problem all year long.

+That Kaminsky continuation was the worst call I've seen this season, complete garbage, I've been pleasantly surprised by the refs for the most part but that was totally illegitimate. He dribbled after the hack and they still gave it to him, weak sauce!

UK2K
11-16-2016, 04:51 PM

I bet you'd happily let McDermott and Lebron and Waiters and Smart and Bazemore and Crawford shoot the 3 too, right?

Since, as of right now, KAT has a better 3pt% than all of them.

He's 1% point behind Lillard and Irving.

Good call, coach. :applause:

Lebron23
11-16-2016, 04:52 PM

OP is an idiot.

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 07:34 PM
CuterThanRubio's words not mine:

"He did cost them the game last night, but it's not about the number of attempts it's about the situation. He was chucking recklessly trying to find his rhythm instead of moving the ball, it's been a problem all year long"

Just what I thought!!!

Here's reasons BigKat gave on another thread:

" It's easier. When defenses 'Bait you', it's hard to say no. And they prefer an outside shooter than a 7 footer with footwork destroying them inside. Which is easy to understand because coachs teach you to 'take what is given"

Thank you thank you thank you Wolves fan!!!

It seems to me that our boy KAT is getting addicted to the Crack that is the 3 pointer. A 7'0 foot 240+ pound center SHOOTING RECKLESSLY to find his rhythm thinking he's Steph Curry is NOT a sign for this kid.

BigKAT
11-16-2016, 07:37 PM
CuterThanRubio's words not mine:

"He did cost them the game last night, but it's not about the number of attempts it's about the situation. He was chucking recklessly trying to find his rhythm instead of moving the ball, it's been a problem all year long"

Just what I thought!!!

Here's reasons BigKat gave on another thread:

" It's easier. When defenses 'Bait you', it's hard to say no. And they prefer an outside shooter than a 7 footer with footwork destroying them inside. Which is easy to understand because coachs teach you to 'take what is given"

Thank you thank you thank you Wolves fan!!!

It seems to me that our boy KAT is getting addicted to the Crack that is the 3 pointer. A 7'0 foot 240+ pound center SHOOTING RECKLESSLY to find his rhythm thinking he's Steph Curry is NOT a sign for this kid.

Experience, Coaching and losses like this one will help us grow better.
He'll still take those 3's. But hopefully, like Lebron, he'll learn when he's being baited into a fake opening, and when it's a genuine weakness.

Showtime80'
11-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Something that I've definitely noticed in the last 10 years is a lot of these modern players are just BAILING the defense out by these ill-advised amount of 3 pointers. Its just ridiculous.

People's with short memories have just forgotten how much DAMAGE and problems a great powerful inside player can cause for the defense. It alters EVERYTHING!!!

Like BigKat says, a team will DEFINITELY live with a 7'0 footer shooting 10 3 pointers and going to the line ZERO FRIGGIN TIMES!!!

Thank you again Wolves fans for your candor.

NBAGOAT
11-16-2016, 08:04 PM
he's not antoine walker lol, he's going have games where he goes 5 or 6/10 and tht's the reason they win(37% on the year). Always keep in mind 34% on 3's is basically 51% on 2's. Stuff like variance matters so it's not exactly equal but variance can be a good thing too. Also, there's another reason guys like webber and kg played outside. Their post games weren't great and maybe kat feels the same way about his post game. Finally expecting kat to be hakeem, shaq, or kareem is just way too much. for everyone of those guys, there are 10 guys like kevin duckworth who played inside but aren't really very effective(and he's considered an all star). jahlil okafor cant even get big playing time this year on the sixers even with his skills.

Smoke117
11-16-2016, 08:05 PM
he's not antoine walker lol, he's going have games where he goes 5 or 6/10 and tht's the reason they win(37% on the year). Always keep in mind 34% on 3's is basically 51% on 2's. Stuff like variance matters so it's not exactly equal but variance can be a good thing too. Also, there's another reason guys like webber and kg played outside. Their post games weren't great and maybe kat feels the same way about his post game. Finally expecting kat to be hakeem, shaq, or kareem is just way too much. for everyone of those guys, there are 10 guys like kevin duckworth who played inside but aren't really very effective(and he's considered an all star). jahlil okafor cant even get big playing time this year on the sixers even with his skills.

That's because Brook Lopez 2.0 can't rebound or play defense.

NBAGOAT
11-16-2016, 08:20 PM
That's because Brook Lopez 2.0 can't rebound or play defense.

yep tht's def most of it but no one here is calling jahlil a better offensive player than kat either.

FKAri
11-16-2016, 08:23 PM
OP brings up some good points but at the same time reminds me of these knuckleheads Brad Pitt has to work with in Moneyball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWgyy_rlmag

NBAGOAT
11-16-2016, 08:25 PM
OP brings up some good points but at the same time reminds me of these knuckleheads Brad Pitt has to work with in Moneyball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWgyy_rlmag

:lol

MrFonzworth
11-16-2016, 08:25 PM
Embiid will have a better career. Fact.

pedromarinho
11-16-2016, 08:42 PM
Those 3's don't make sense if you have Levine in your team.

juju151111
11-16-2016, 09:08 PM
He should averge two 3s a game, but 90% of his shots should be midrange to inside post. He needs to be in the damn paint.

Smoke117
11-16-2016, 09:35 PM
Again...who cares where he takes his shots...WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO IS PLAY SOME DEFENSE. That's what the damn Twolves are desperate for.