PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter at 39.

Rojogaqu11
11-16-2016, 01:07 PM
I can't believe VC is still playing at such a decent level at 39. He has been pretty good the last 3 games.

Obviously it's only 3 games, and it's not like hes been playing at an all-star level, but at 39 to be able to play 32 mins and still be a scoring spark for his team, it's phenomenal for a wing player his age.

What do you guys think about this star from the past that's been able to remain productive as decent role player?

D-Wait
11-16-2016, 01:10 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421581

warriorfan
11-16-2016, 01:11 PM
What is crazy is I have always heard stories about how he doesn't take good care of his body and how he eats mcdonalds all the time

He just has good genes

atljonesbro
11-16-2016, 01:12 PM
He's got the right posse to always keep him game ready

Dragonyeuw
11-16-2016, 02:32 PM
I'm amazed he's in the league at this point. Clearly his skill level is an underrated aspect of his game, because I always figured once he lost that athleticism he'd be a role player after 33/34 and out of the league within 2 years of that. Kudos to him....

Clifton
11-16-2016, 08:19 PM
It's amazing how good he still is. Remember when we all thought Carter was fragile and didn't care? And yet AI and Tmac have been out of the league for years... but he's still here.

Another guy who never ceases to amaze me at his age is Jamal Crawford. It's not just that he's still good, but that he doesn't seem to have changed anything. He's the same player.

Carter's not throwing down reverse alley oops any more, but it's not like he's just a spot up shooter, either.

miggyme1
11-16-2016, 08:22 PM
It's amazing how good he still is. Remember when we all thought Carter was fragile and didn't care? And yet AI and Tmac have been out of the league for years... but he's still here.

Another guy who never ceases to amaze me at his age is Jamal Crawford. It's not just that he's still good, but that he doesn't seem to have changed anything. He's the same player.

Carter's not throwing down reverse alley oops any more, but it's not like he's just a spot up shooter, either.

jamal Crawford doesn't age so don't include him...dude is still as quick and as fast as he was in 2000...mind blowing.

I had a feeling vince would last longer than his contemporaries...I mean he was always the over looked one out of kobe,ray,ai,tmac.duncan,dirk. its like when he went to new jersey people just wrote him off for some strange reason.