PDA

View Full Version : Early picks for DPOY?

Inferno
11-16-2016, 10:27 PM
Who ya got?

Prime_Shaq
11-16-2016, 10:28 PM
James Harden.

Smoke117
11-16-2016, 10:30 PM
Chris Paul. He currently leads the league in steals while having the lowest drating on the best defensive team in the league. Anyone who has seen the Clippers knows what a beast he's been defensively...especially for a guy that small. He simply cannot be dismissed right now despite the fact that he is a pg. He's having an impact out there like only Jason Kidd has had at pg.

Milbuck
11-16-2016, 10:33 PM
Luc Mbah a Moute

NBAGOAT
11-16-2016, 10:34 PM
deandre or mbah a moute from the clips. Nothing against cp3 who's the best defender at the pg position but those guys have more impact just because of their position. Also dwight is up there since hawks aren't that far behind the clips defensively and his rebounding which is part of defense can't be understated.

qrich
11-16-2016, 10:38 PM
Luc Mbah a Moute

Prince Luc Richard MBah A Moute*

Smoke117
11-16-2016, 10:38 PM
deandre or mbah a moute from the clips. Nothing against cp3 who's the best defender at the pg position but those guys have more impact just because of their position. Also dwight is up there since hawks aren't that far behind the clips defensively and his rebounding which is part of defense can't be understated.

What you should be saying then is...NONE OF THEM. When you have three players that are all DPOY worthy...it makes it impossible for any to be a legitimate contender. Also, Mbah a moute's impact is not higher than CP3's defensively...that's ridiculous. I know Deandre is basically the same, so I guess we should all be saying someone on some other team because neither of these 3 guys are so dominant over each other that one should deserve it over the others. I suppose the Clippers defensive dominance is more from the fact that they are actually getting some consistent effort outside of Paul and Jordan now. Griffin has been much more consistent than usual.

I suppose Dwight should get some consideration, but he also plays next to Milsap. Hassan Whiteside will get no love because the Heat are losing, but they are actually 4th in defense and pretty much ALL because of him. Realistically, he is pretty easily the DPOY right now.

bdreason
11-16-2016, 10:45 PM
Jordan

Howard

Whiteside

Leonard

Green

In that order.

sunnyboy91
11-17-2016, 12:24 AM
I like what ive seen from Dwight. He has opponents scared to come in to the paint, and he looks sharp. (I was one of the few people that saw him as an upgrade over Horford, especially when post season comes)

I havent seen much of the Clippers but I'll believe you all about CP3, Luc and DJ (I especially like DJ in the past)

Kawhi is not on the DPOY level yet but still top tier.

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 12:29 AM
I like what ive seen from Dwight. He has opponents scared to come in to the paint, and he looks sharp. (I was one of the few people that saw him as an upgrade over Horford, especially when post season comes)

I havent seen much of the Clippers but I'll believe you all about CP3, Luc and DJ (I especially like DJ in the past)

Kawhi is not on the DPOY level yet but still top tier.

Only the haters and the morons saw Dwight as a downgrade. Horford has always been overrated and doesn't have close to the game-changing impact a motivated Dwight can and IS having.

Kool Boy
11-17-2016, 12:57 PM
Kevin Durant

AirTupac
11-17-2016, 12:59 PM
This idiot said Chris FKING Paul? What a homer :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Thats why he got torched by Conley

inclinerator
11-17-2016, 03:29 PM
lebron james

Trumpocalypse
11-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Embiid.

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 04:01 PM
This idiot said Chris FKING Paul? What a homer :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

And that 6'0" pg has a bigger impact than anyone on your entire team defensively. :oldlol:

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 04:07 PM
As I said before...it's Hassan Whiteside, period. Whether the Heat are winning or not...they are 3RD (they went up after last night lol) IN DEFENSE AND ALMOST ENTIRELY BECAUSE OF THIS MAN. If you are someone who is into advanced stats (and I've found drating correlates well if you keep it within the context of the team) the Heat have a 101.9 drating with Whiteside leading with a 93. No other starter is even lower than 103. That's a DPOY impact...especially considering the other challengers all have better defensive teammates in general. Nobody makes players more terrified of the paint than this man.

Suguru101
11-17-2016, 05:00 PM
So no one is going to talk about how Rudy Gobert has the Jazz as the #1 defense in the league... while also having the best advanced defensive stats, never mind looking clearly like the most dominant rim protector?

Lmao.

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 05:06 PM
So on one is going to talk about how Rudy Robert has the Jazz as the #1 defense in the league... while also having the best advanced defensive stats, never mind looking clearly like the most dominant rim protector?

Lmao.

The Jazz are 7th in defense...not one. Derrick Favors does a lot of the heavy lifting alongside Gobert, too. I've watched the Jazz a few times too this season, so this isn't advanced stats I'm talking about. Besides that...Hassan Whiteside is clearly the most dominant rim protector and it's not even close.

plowking
11-17-2016, 05:49 PM
Giannis has been nice on defense from what I've seen. Then again, we're only 10 games in and I haven't watched many teams outside of the Heat and Bucks.

AirTupac
11-18-2016, 12:37 AM
And that 6'0" pg has a bigger impact than anyone on your entire team defensively. :oldlol:

More like a teenager is already 10x the defender Cp3 will ever hope to be :oldlol: Also more likely to make the finals before CP3

KiiiiNG
11-18-2016, 12:40 AM
The Jazz are 7th in defense...not one. Derrick Favors does a lot of the heavy lifting alongside Gobert, too. I've watched the Jazz a few times too this season, so this isn't advanced stats I'm talking about. Besides that...Hassan Whiteside is clearly the most dominant rim protector and it's not even close.
Yeah, on the bench injured. Lot of heavy lifting.

Smoke117
11-18-2016, 12:48 AM
Yeah, on the bench injured. Lot of heavy lifting.

Todays game is the second game he's missed this season, dipshit. When I brought him up he had missed one game so far...so yeah, he's had a significant impact on their defense. Move along.