PDA

View Full Version : Giannis Vs Lillard

BigKAT
11-17-2016, 07:07 AM
Whose more interesting to you breakdown wise?

Tempted to do James Harden but with the amount of attention he's getting I doubt I can enlighten anyone with new input.

Also dying to do KAT but I'll be too biased, so straying away from him. (Also only 2nd year.)

Not asking who you think is better, asking who you find more interesting as a player (Lillard does seem more 'Vanilla', a scoring PG in this league is nothing new, but his ability to maintain success on that Portland Roster is special)

P.S: Example of the last Breakdown-
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421545 (Andre Drummond)

Dr Hawk
11-17-2016, 07:08 AM
Giannis

Trumpocalypse
11-17-2016, 10:55 AM
Lillard. He is an MVP candidate who replaced a Roy to save a dying franchise, and then kept the Blazers afloat even while losing 4 starters in 1 off season.

HurricaneKid
11-17-2016, 02:23 PM
Giannis just because I'll read ANYTHING on Giannis.

Wally450
11-17-2016, 02:33 PM
Lillard is a stone cold killer at times, but I feel Giannis has more upside to him. Kid's 21 going on 22 soon and is still continuing to get better. I like his development and hope Milwaukee can get more pieces to surround him with.

BigKAT
11-17-2016, 02:35 PM
Lillard is a stone cold killer at times, but I feel Giannis has more upside to him. Kid's 21 going on 22 soon and is still continuing to get better. I like his development and hope Milwaukee can get more pieces to surround him with.

Yeah watching the Hawks game last night the announcer mentioned that he was 21 and I was pretty shocked.

I mean I knew he was young, but I forgot just how young.
I mean Lillard was older then him as a rookie.
Buddy hield is 22.

And the guy is already crushing box scores and doing amazing things.

Ben Simons
11-17-2016, 03:39 PM
Lillard. Giannis just now got big. He essentially has had 10 games as a franchise caliber player. Lillard has actually been on a couple all-star and all-nba teams.

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 03:45 PM
Giannis...a player has finally come that I can say is actually the next Scottie Pippen...which kills me to say, since he's on Milbucks team and we all know we don't get along. Well, nobody ever stays with the Bucks for their career...so it should only be a matter of time before he moves on.

Besides scoring, his impact on the game is just much higher than Lillards. Dame is a scorer...a very good one, but that's all he brings to the table. Giannis is out there running his team, scoring, rebounding, playing great D...Scottie Pippen like.

CTbasketball92
11-17-2016, 05:27 PM
Dame. No one should doubt him any more, and he's put himself in a class where I can't just have people leapfrog to his level.

Relinquish
11-17-2016, 05:35 PM
Lillard. He is an MVP candidate who replaced a Roy to save a dying franchise, and then kept the Blazers afloat even while losing 4 starters in 1 off season.

Lillard will fall back down to Earth shooting-wise like he always does.

HurricaneKid
11-17-2016, 05:49 PM
Lillard. Giannis just now got big. He essentially has had 10 games as a franchise caliber player. Lillard has actually been on a couple all-star and all-nba teams.

Just because YOU weren't paying attention to his historic post ASG accomplishments doesn't mean no one was.

plowking
11-17-2016, 05:53 PM
I really don't rate Lillard.
Last season he jacked up 20 shots to score 25 points. He is a terrible defender on top of that. People give Harden shit, but I don't really see Lillard hustling either.

Nice shooter of the ball, but really a complimentary star. I don't think the main guy role is where he excels. Kyrie is a better player than he is.

Giannis is a beast on the other hand. Being a dynamic player, the way that he is, is incredibly important in todays game. He has all the tools.

HurricaneKid
11-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Giannis at age 21:

Per 36:
23/9.4/5.8/2/2.2 shooting 51.8% from the field.

Show me someone who has ever done that. Anyone. Any age.

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 06:09 PM
Giannis at age 21:

Per 36:

I'm high on Giannis...but it's been 10 games. I'm sure there are more than a few players who were able to do that through 10 games at some point in their careers.

Larry Legend averaged 28.7ppg 10.5rpg 6.6apg 1.6spg 1.2bpg .522% for an entire season.
Big Dave Robinson averaged 29.8ppg 10.7rpg 4.8apg 3.3bpg 1.7spg .507% for an entire season.

etc etc

Pointguard
11-17-2016, 06:36 PM
Giannis at age 21:

Per 36:

Durant has him beat. So did Lebron.

CuhGetsBucks
11-17-2016, 06:41 PM
I really don't rate Lillard.
Last season he jacked up 20 shots to score 25 points. He is a terrible defender on top of that. People give Harden shit, but I don't really see Lillard hustling either.

Nice shooter of the ball, but really a complimentary star. I don't think the main guy role is where he excels. Kyrie is a better player than he is.

Giannis is a beast on the other hand. Being a dynamic player, the way that he is, is incredibly important in todays game. He has all the tools.
I said this, he's doing a great job now even though the whole line up departed but my goodness he's an ass defender.

Lebron23
11-17-2016, 06:43 PM
I said this, he's doing a great job now even though the whole line up departed but my goodness he's an ass defender.

But he's clutch doe. I still pick Lillard, but Giannis has a higher ceiling than him.

Milbuck
11-17-2016, 06:44 PM
Lillard is better now but not by a big margin. Giannis at 21 >>>>> Lillard at 21. Much more upside and will be a way more impactful player at his peak.

HurricaneKid
11-17-2016, 06:51 PM
I'm high on Giannis...but it's been 10 games. I'm sure there are more than a few players who were able to do that through 10 games at some point in their careers.

Larry Legend averaged 28.7ppg 10.5rpg 6.6apg 1.6spg 1.2bpg .522% for an entire season.
Big Dave Robinson averaged 29.8ppg 10.7rpg 4.8apg 3.3bpg 1.7spg .507% for an entire season.

etc etc

The point is he is currently doing something no other player has ever done and he will be improving for the next 7+ years. I find that far more intriguing than a guy who has maxed out as a fringe all-star; the 4th best PG in his Conference. I tend to think Dame is underappreciated. But he isn't historic. And Giannis just might be.

HurricaneKid
11-17-2016, 07:00 PM
Durant has him beat. So did Lebron.

Neither has ever avg 2.2bl OR 2 stl/36. Or even close.

If you put every season either one of them ever had and took the best season from each of them in each category you would have 1.9Stl (LeBron's 2nd season) and 1.3 Bl (KD this season- he has had 2 full seasons at 1.2)

So combining the best of LeBron and KD and you STILL don't have what Giannis is doing.

Which is the point. But you thought Wiggins was better so what do you know...

bobopenguin
11-17-2016, 09:02 PM
Neither has ever avg 2.2bl OR 2 stl/36. Or even close.

If you put every season either one of them ever had and took the best season from each of them in each category you would have 1.9Stl (LeBron's 2nd season) and 1.3 Bl (KD this season- he has had 2 full seasons at 1.2)

So combining the best of LeBron and KD and you STILL don't have what Giannis is doing.

Which is the point. But you thought Wiggins was better so what do you know...

so many big words and big stats.

lillard carried the team last year and uplifted his teams.
giannis was in comfor zone surrounded by decent players and coach which elevated his games.

CTbasketball92
11-17-2016, 09:41 PM
The point is he is currently doing something no other player has ever done and he will be improving for the next 7+ years. I find that far more intriguing than a guy who has maxed out as a fringe all-star; the 4th best PG in his Conference. I tend to think Dame is underappreciated. But he isn't historic. And Giannis just might be.

Giannis looks like a perennial All Star/Superstar player for the next 7 years, I agree.

pedromarinho
11-17-2016, 09:52 PM
Dame. Shits on anyone when he wants.

HurricaneKid
11-18-2016, 12:36 AM
so many big words and big stats.

lillard carried the team last year and uplifted his teams.
giannis was in comfor zone surrounded by decent players and coach which elevated his games.

Lillard was great last year.

If you think the Bucks had a good roster last year you are delirious. There are 8 guys off last year's Bucks team that haven't played a min in the league this year. That team was AWFUL. And Kidd is worse.