PDA

View Full Version : Mike Conley is not a "Conference finals virgin" sorry Chris Paul, you on your own

k0kakw0rld
11-17-2016, 10:01 AM
:oldlol: Cold fact :cheers:

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/2084272015052105gifehsm.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=2084272015052105gifehsm.png)

BigKAT
11-17-2016, 10:07 AM
Westbrook was injured.
Spurs swept them.

One of the most underwhelming 'Conference Finals'.
Kinda like how Portland got past the Clippers without Blake and Paul,
The Sixers got past the bulls without Rose,
And GS beat the Cavs without Kyrie and Love.

But you do have a point that there's always 'Something' with the Clippers come playoff time. Injuries, Donald Sterling, 3-1 meltdowns etc..

But still that WCF for the Grizz was the exception not the rule, as evident by the Spurs mopping the floor with them.

feyki
11-17-2016, 10:09 AM
Conley >>>>>>>>

ClipperRevival
11-17-2016, 10:13 AM
Over the course of a regular season, I usually marvel at the GOAT level greatness of CP3 and think can any PG do it any better? But come playoff time, I am reminded WHY I would probably take a guy like Isiah Thomas to lead my team.

SpaceJam
11-17-2016, 10:13 AM
The stat that most amazes me in regards to Chris Paul's lack of WCF appearances is

Only 2 teams have not made the Western conference finals since 2000. Pelicans aka NO Hornets and the Clippers

Trumpocalypse
11-17-2016, 10:53 AM
lol, I hate CP3.

imdaman99
11-17-2016, 11:08 AM
Sounds good, let's give him $30 million a year for it

BigKAT
11-17-2016, 11:10 AM

:oldlol:

Ben Simons
11-17-2016, 11:12 AM
:oldlol:

Bankaii
11-17-2016, 11:21 AM
Over the course of a regular season, I usually marvel at the GOAT level greatness of CP3 and think can any PG do it any better? But come playoff time, I am reminded WHY I would probably take a guy like Isiah Thomas to lead my team.
Wtf are you talking about? If anything CP3 elevates his play, or at worst maintains his RS form in the playoffs.

Outside of the 2015 Rockets (more Blake's fault than his), one Lakers series where he had a clearly inferior team, and his bad series vs the Spurs he hasn't even underperformed in the playoffs.

I swear you and that other Jordan nut hugger talk 100% out your ass.

ralph_i_el
11-17-2016, 12:07 PM
Wtf are you talking about? If anything CP3 elevates his play, or at worst maintains his RS form in the playoffs.

Outside of the 2015 Rockets (more Blake's fault than his), one Lakers series where he had a clearly inferior team, and his bad series vs the Spurs he hasn't even underperformed in the playoffs.

seriously, this

I remember CP3 going absolutely HAM against the Lakers when he was on the Hornets. They were just outgunned :confusedshrug: He's been unlucky with injuries in LA. He's still a point-god

Kawhi
11-17-2016, 12:20 PM
The stat that most amazes me in regards to Chris Paul's lack of WCF appearances is

Only 2 teams have not made the Western conference finals since 2000. Pelicans aka NO Hornets and the Clippers
No way that's true.

Kawhi
11-17-2016, 12:23 PM
It actually is. :oldlol: Even Carmelo Anthony managed to get to the Conference Finals.

CuhGetsBucks
11-17-2016, 12:28 PM

That's wild wow

Big Cheese
11-17-2016, 01:48 PM
and he won as many conference finals games as chris paul too :confusedshrug:

ClipperRevival
11-17-2016, 02:00 PM

You forgot his biggest debacle against OKC.

But seems to me, you're going more by the box score. I've seen every single playoff game when he was a Clip and about 75% of his regular season games as a Clip. I'm calling it like I see it. I praised CP3's greatness. But there are stretches in the playoffs where he just disappears when the team needs him the most. He is too unselfish at times. Just going through the motions when the offense is stagnant and he needs to get them going rather than defer. For the most part, he is a monster playoff performer. But those stretches, moments when you know he needs to be more aggressive, he has chosen not too.

ClipperRevival
11-17-2016, 02:04 PM
seriously, this

I remember CP3 going absolutely HAM against the Lakers when he was on the Hornets. They were just outgunned :confusedshrug: He's been unlucky with injuries in LA. He's still a point-god

Do you remember when the Clips were up 7 with 47 seconds left and CP3 had one of the biggest playoff meltdowns EVER against OKC?

Or Clips being up 3-1 against Houston and proceeding to lose 3 straight? Including being up 20 points in the 2nd half of game 6 AT HOME? And as the leader, just going through the motions with no sense of urgency?

These are collapses that can't be ignored. If you want to praise CP3 for his greatness, you have to call him out when he fails as the leader of the team. The PG who sets the table.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-17-2016, 02:09 PM
ClipperRevival isn't wrong. I've watched every playoff game of CP3's since dude became a Clipper, and while better than most, he's had lapses where you were left scratching your f*cking head.

Now...I wouldn't take Isiah over him under any circumstance, and while I rather have CP3 here, in LA, rather than not, he's still underperformed and been a part of historical choke jobs. Don't see how anyone paying attention could suggest otherwise.

Young X
11-17-2016, 02:11 PM
When was Chris' team supposed to win besides the 2015 Rockets series?

2008 - they were supposed to lose to the Spurs
2009 - they were completely outmatched against the Nuggets
2011 - same thing vs. Lakers
2012 - same thing vs. Spurs
2013 - Blake injured after game 4
2014 - they were supposed to lose to the Thunder
2016 - CP injured after game 4

He lost one series he should've won (2015 Rockets) and won 2 series he should've lost (2012 Grizzlies, 2015 Spurs).

What the f*ck is the big deal.

Young X
11-17-2016, 02:15 PM
Over the course of a regular season, I usually marvel at the GOAT level greatness of CP3 and think can any PG do it any better? But come playoff time, I am reminded WHY I would probably take a guy like Isiah Thomas to lead my team.Why do you say you marvel over his greatness in the regular season?

He's never been on the best, or 2nd best, or 3rd best regular season team, never been on a 60 win team, never been on a #1 seed.

?

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 03:06 PM

Why is your name ClipperRevival? I've barely ever seen you discuss them and when do...it's to throw shade while displaying your complete lack of knowledge. Maybe you should make a new account called LakerRevival...or more appropriately, JordanRevival...as that's all you really want to talk about anyway.

ClipperRevival
11-17-2016, 04:04 PM

He lost one series he should've won (2015 Rockets) and won 2 series he should've lost (2012 Grizzlies, 2015 Spurs).

You can't just look at a team's record and say they were or weren't supposed to win. Take OKC for example. Going in, was OKC favored? Yes. But not by much. They won only 2 more games over the Clips in the regular season. And beyond that, we have to judge each team for what actually happened, because games aren't played on paper.

The simple fact is, Clips should've been up 3-2 going into game 6 with a chance to close out AT HOME. But it look a GOAT level choke job by CP3 to NOT let it happen. It's that simple.

ClipperRevival
11-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Why do you say you marvel over his greatness in the regular season?

He's never been on the best, or 2nd best, or 3rd best regular season team, never been on a 60 win team, never been on a #1 seed.

?

Because he was/is absolutely a brilliant regular season player. One of the best ever. But playoffs and regular season are two different animals. You know this.

I know you are a huge CP3 fan. I am not but respect what he brings to the table. And like I said in an above post, I conceded that he's been a monster in the playoffs for the most part. But there have been stretches/moments where the guy simply isn't aggressive enough when the team NEEDS him to turn it on but he simply goes through the motions. And that hurts the team.

ClipperRevival
11-17-2016, 04:09 PM
Why is your name ClipperRevival? I've barely ever seen you discuss them and when do...it's to throw shade while displaying your complete lack of knowledge. Maybe you should make a new account called LakerRevival...or more appropriately, JordanRevival...as that's all you really want to talk about anyway.

:roll:

Love this guy. Saids the guy who has a avatar of Wade. Blows CP3 regularly in the Clipper game threads. Is a Pip fan who is salty about his 2nd fiddle status. And blows DRob anytime there is a discussion about great centers.

Young X
11-17-2016, 04:15 PM
You can't just look at a team's record and say they were or weren't supposed to win. Take OKC for example. Going in, was OKC favored? Yes. But not by much. They won only 2 more games over the Clips in the regular season. And beyond that, we have to judge each team for what actually happened, because games aren't played on paper.

The simple fact is, Clips should've been up 3-2 going into game 6 with a chance to close out AT HOME. But it look a GOAT level choke job by CP3 to NOT let it happen. It's that simple.Most people had OKC winning. They were the better team with the MVP, better record and homecourt advantage. The series went pretty much how most people expected it to go. My point is that was not an underachievement.

And you wanna know some other facts too? Chris Paul is also what kept the Clippers in that series. The game before the game you just mentioned, he led them to a 22 point comeback and even defended KD in the 4th quarter to save them from going down 1-3. Funny how everybody forgets that.

Also in game 1? What did he do? Just 32/10 with 8 threes in 3 quarters.

It's so easy to only focus on a bad game or moment when a player doesn't win and act like it's their fault.

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 04:18 PM
:roll:

Love this guy. Saids the guy who has a avatar of Wade. Blows CP3 regularly in the Clipper game threads. Is a Pip fan who is salty about his 2nd fiddle status. And blows DRob anytime there is a discussion about great centers.

I honestly don't know what you are trying to say? I'm a fan of those players, yes, but I don't have an alter in my closet for any of them like you clowns do for Jordan. I'm a FAN...not a STAN. I routinely get on Wade and CP3 if they do something stupid...I don't just worship them blindly like you do MJ. It's also not my fault that the majority of my favorite players are underrated by a board that, mostly, doesn't know anything about basketball. Luckily, they have me to set them straight. :pimp:

Oh, and sorry about wanting to discuss players besides Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, and Steph...what a ****ing idiot I am, right?

Young X
11-17-2016, 04:19 PM
Because he was/is absolutely a brilliant regular season player. One of the best ever. But playoffs and regular season are two different animals. You know this.

I know you are a huge CP3 fan. I am not but respect what he brings to the table. And like I said in an above post, I conceded that he's been a monster in the playoffs for the most part. But there have been stretches/moments where the guy simply isn't aggressive enough when the team NEEDS him to turn it on but he simply goes through the motions. And that hurts the team.But how is he a brilliant regular season player when his teams are mostly 3-5 seeds and have never won over 60 games? The most games his team ever won was 57. How is that "brilliant"?

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 04:31 PM

HOw is 2015 even on Chris Paul? He was injured, not hurt. When are you injured you miss games...and he missed the first two games of that series. He came back to play anyway and put up 21.1 10.1 4.2rpg 1.7spg .619%ts. I get the best player on the team will take the brunt of criticism, but how is the Clips losing to the Rockets in anyway his fault? Jamal Crawford averaged 13.7ppg on 14.2 shots...where the hell is his criticism? J.J. Reddick shot .293% in the last three games, but let's put it all on the injured CP3. Those two clowns and the lack of defense was why they lost those last 3 games. I don't see how it makes any sense to call this CP3's choke when he played better than almost everyone on the team WHILE INJURED. The logic these CP3 haters use is amazing.

Young X
11-17-2016, 04:35 PM
HOw is 2015 even on Chris Paul? He was injured, not hurt. When are you injured you miss games...and he missed the first two games of that series. He came back to play anyway and put up 21.1 10.1 4.2rpg 1.7spg .619%ts. I get the best player on the team will take the brunt of criticism, but how is the Clips losing to the Rockets in anyway his fault? Jamal Crawford averaged 13.7ppg on 14.2 shots...where the hell is his criticism? J.J. Reddick shot .293% in the last three games, but let's put it all on the injured CP3. Those two clowns and the lack of defense was why they lost those last 3 games. I don't see how it makes any sense to call this CP3's choke when he played better than almost everyone on the team WHILE INJURED. The logic by these CP3 haters is amazing.I don't think it was his fault either, yeah I said it.

But it was a series the Clippers were expected to win. That's like the only series he was supposed to win and didn't.

And all he did was average 26/10 on 63 TS% in the 3 losses.

ClipperRevival
11-17-2016, 04:36 PM
Most people had OKC winning. They were the better team with the MVP, better record and homecourt advantage. The series went pretty much how most people expected it to go. My point is that was not an underachievement.

And you wanna know some other facts too? Chris Paul is also what kept the Clippers in that series. The game before the game you just mentioned, he led them to a 22 point comeback and even defended KD in the 4th quarter to save them from going down 1-3. Funny how everybody forgets that.

Also in game 1? What did he do? Just 32/10 with 8 threes in 3 quarters.

It's so easy to only focus on a bad game or moment when a player doesn't win and act like it's their fault.

Actually, that's the type of thinking that people who DON'T watch the games would focus on because that's on Sportscenter/highlights. Having watched every second of every playoff game CP3 was a clip, I can see the bigger picture. The moments/stretches when the leader is supposed to step up. Stepping up doesn't mean scoring or getting assists, it's about his DEMEANOR and his AGGRESIVENESS to make something happen when the team needs it. His body language in some of those situations/moments have not been good.

That's my take. And I firmly believe in it. If you don't think he ever choked, that's fine. Agree to disagree.

ClipperRevival
11-17-2016, 04:37 PM
But how is he a brilliant regular season player when his teams are mostly 3-5 seeds and have never won over 60 games? The most games his team ever won was 57. How is that "brilliant"?

Because I watched the games with my eyes.

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 04:39 PM
I don't think it was his fault either, yeah I said it.

But it was a series the Clippers were expected to win. That's like the only series he was supposed to win and didn't.

And all he did was average 26/10 on 63 TS% in the 3 losses.

I think people forget that while the Clippers were 1 in offense in 2015, they were also 15th in defense. Nobody besides Jordan, Paul, and Barnes gave any consistent effort on that team. With Paul being hurt and not having his normal movement that made the defense even worse, obviously. As I said before...Crawford and Reddick are the ones who ran their number 1 offense into the ground with their atrocious shooting. Chris can only pass them the ball in the spots they want it...he can't shoot it for them. lol

Young X
11-17-2016, 04:41 PM
Everybody brings up the Rockets comeback...nobody talks about the even more ridiculous 27 point 4th quarter comeback against the Grizzlies in 2012. Or the 22 point comeback against OKC.

The 27/6 performance in game 7 against the defending champs. Hitting a series winning shot over 2 defenders playing through an injury that caused him to mis games in the Rockets series.

The game winner against the Grizzlies in 2013.

There's so much more I could bring up.

The 22/14 against the Warriors in game 7.

34/7 against the Spurs in 2015 to save them from going down 1-3.

The triple double against the Lakers to save them from going down 1-3.

Even a bunch of other excellent games where his just happened to lose like game 3 against the Spurs in 2008. But of course it was his fault they lost those games. Hilarious.

avonbarksdale
11-17-2016, 05:07 PM
Everybody brings up the Rockets comeback...nobody talks about the even more ridiculous 27 point 4th quarter comeback against the Grizzlies in 2012. Or the 22 point comeback against OKC.

The 27/6 performance in game 7 against the defending champs. Hitting a series winning shot over 2 defenders playing through an injury that caused him to mis games in the Rockets series.

The game winner against the Grizzlies in 2013.

There's so much more I could bring up.

The 22/14 against the Warriors in game 7.

34/7 against the Spurs in 2015 to save them from going down 1-3.

The triple double against the Lakers to save them from going down 1-3.

Even a bunch of other excellent games where his just happened to lose like game 3 against the Spurs in 2008. But of course it was his fault they lost those games. Hilarious.

so when they win it is because of cp

but if they lose, it isn't his fault?

Young X
11-17-2016, 05:14 PM
so when they win it is because of cp

but if they lose, it isn't his fault?How did you get that out of my post?

All I did was mention great moments and games in the playoffs since people think they don't exist too.

And no it isn't only because of him when they win. People are so focused on pinning wins and losses on individuals like they're superheroes or some shit. I don't know how many times we told y'all it's a team game. This isn't tennis.

sportjames23
11-17-2016, 09:22 PM

This.

34-24 Footwork
11-17-2016, 09:44 PM
The whole "they weren't supposed to win, anyway" is shameful, embarassing and pathetic to ANYONE that's ever played an organized sport.

The analysts and people on insidehoops say that shit on a regular basis. Truth is, CP3 would probably smack the shit out of you if you told him that he should rest easy at night because he was "never supposed to win, anyway".

Some of you guys are much better suited for the interwebs than real life.

Young X
11-17-2016, 10:57 PM
The whole "they weren't supposed to win, anyway" is shameful, embarassing and pathetic to ANYONE that's ever played an organized sport.

The analysts and people on insidehoops say that shit on a regular basis. Truth is, CP3 would probably smack the shit out of you if you told him that he should rest easy at night because he was "never supposed to win, anyway".

Some of you guys are much better suited for the interwebs than real life.I agree with this when it comes to the athletes themselves and their mentalities. They should never think "they're too good, we're not supposed to win anyway".

But I don't see what's wrong with looking at it like that objectively as a fan. The point is trying to find which years he underachieved with his team.

Rocketswin2013
11-17-2016, 11:05 PM
It actually is. :oldlol: Even Carmelo Anthony managed to get to the Conference Finals.
If nothing else, it's a good reminder that it's a team game. Carmelo Anthony even in his peak is a couple tiers away from like half a dozen versions of Paul.

tamaraw08
11-18-2016, 02:43 AM

And I don't know why fans forget that CP3 was also instrumental when the Clips eliminated the Spurs 2 years ago and they also beat the Warriors in 2013.

Smoke117
11-18-2016, 02:55 AM
LOL everyone underrates CP3...Kenny has Paul as only the 22nd best player in the league...wow. :facepalm He has him just above Dwyane Wade at 23. That's my favorite player and even I know Chris Paul is much better at this point. CP3 anywhere out of the top 10 is an insult.

NBAGOAT
11-18-2016, 03:04 AM
I definitely hope CP3 can make the conference finals just so idiots will at least stop playing the 2nd round card and try to come up with more legit criticisms of his game. He's got a good shot at it this year since I don't think the Spurs look too great so we'll have to wait and see.

nightlight
11-18-2016, 02:04 PM
You forgot his biggest debacle against OKC.

But seems to me, you're going more by the box score. I've seen every single playoff game when he was a Clip and about 75% of his regular season games as a Clip. I'm calling it like I see it. I praised CP3's greatness. But there are stretches in the playoffs where he just disappears when the team needs him the most. He is too unselfish at times. Just going through the motions when the offense is stagnant and he needs to get them going rather than defer. For the most part, he is a monster playoff performer. But those stretches, moments when you know he needs to be more aggressive, he has chosen not too.
Actually, that's the type of thinking that people who DON'T watch the games would focus on because that's on Sportscenter/highlights. Having watched every second of every playoff game CP3 was a clip, I can see the bigger picture. The moments/stretches when the leader is supposed to step up. Stepping up doesn't mean scoring or getting assists, it's about his DEMEANOR and his AGGRESIVENESS to make something happen when the team needs it. His body language in some of those situations/moments have not been good.

That's my take. And I firmly believe in it. If you don't think he ever choked, that's fine. Agree to disagree.
... you don't really say anything beyond some tired sports cliches.

ClipperRevival
11-18-2016, 04:18 PM

They might be clich

CuhGetsBucks
11-18-2016, 04:27 PM
I literally read his whole post in Skip Bayless' voice :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Smoke117
11-18-2016, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=ClipperRevival]They might be clich

ClipperRevival
11-18-2016, 04:37 PM
I literally read his whole post in Skip Bayless' voice :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

I couldn't relate to a guy like him even if I wanted too. I only saw the world from an athletes point of view. Always active, always playing sports, etc. Can't stand guys like that who never competed in anything talking about sports. They don't know sh*t.

ClipperRevival
11-18-2016, 04:44 PM
What a bunch of ****ing nonsense...in a 7 game series the better team is going to win almost every time regardless of "passion". This isn't a 12 on 12 battle of players with equal physical attributes and skill, "passion" isn't going to put an inferior team over a much better team. What you believe in is not only cliche...it's moronic.

In your scenario, you are right. But let's not forget Wilt in 1968 and 1969 and LeBron in 2011.

My POINT is, you need the right mindset to have a chance to win. You can't be half-stepping when competing. You have to bring it.

Lebronxrings
11-18-2016, 05:02 PM
if cp3s as good as people think he is then he should be able to reach at least wcf. He has the better roster, people only side with the opposition because their stars are usually better than him.

Young X
11-18-2016, 05:22 PM
if cp3s as good as people think he is then he should be able to reach at least wcf. He has the better roster, people only side with the opposition because their stars are usually better than him.Not always true.

2008, he was clearly better than anyone on the Spurs and was by far the best player in that series...but still lost.

2011, outplayed everybody on the Lakers...still lost.

2013, outplayed everybody on the Grizzlies...still lost.

What you said is true about 2014. But nobody claimed he was better than MVP Durant that year.

ArbitraryWater
11-18-2016, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=ClipperRevival]They might be clich

CuhGetsBucks
11-18-2016, 06:13 PM
ah fck, people really still this dumb these days? Major outside the box thinking going on here.
The other team obviously wants it more than CP3 :confusedshrug: :oldlol: