PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Klay Thompson Not Look Happy?

Dro
11-17-2016, 12:38 PM
Is it just me? He never looks happy. A couple times when he didn't get the ball, he pouts for a second. I noticed when Steph got fouled on a play last night, he pouted for a quick second because he was open. Is it just because he's struggling? Something tells me he doesn't really like KD being on the team. He seems to be the only one that hasn't really just reached out and embraced KD like everyone else. Judging by his comments, body language, etc.

bobopenguin
11-17-2016, 12:40 PM
cos he knew soon him and draymond is gonna get send to NO for anthony davis.

Dr Seuss
11-17-2016, 01:26 PM
someone told him he looks like he has down syndrome. always a touchy subject with him.

1manfastbreak
11-17-2016, 01:34 PM
anyone see klay sipping on a coors light last night after the game? lol

CuhGetsBucks
11-17-2016, 01:38 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/klay-fouled-out.jpg
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Klay-Thompson-beer.jpg
Looks like he's fine to me :oldlol: :oldlol:

Gileraracer
11-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Too much shooting power on that team. Anyone needs to sacrifice

warriorfan
11-17-2016, 04:16 PM
Is it just me? He never looks happy. A couple times when he didn't get the ball, he pouts for a second. I noticed when Steph got fouled on a play last night, he pouted for a quick second because he was open. Is it just because he's struggling? Something tells me he doesn't really like KD being on the team. He seems to be the only one that hasn't really just reached out and embraced KD like everyone else. Judging by his comments, body language, etc.

This is nothing new, Klay has always been like that

FreezingTsmoove
11-17-2016, 04:20 PM
21 PPG on 51% in the last 5 games (All wins)

He's fine

Dro
11-17-2016, 05:35 PM
21 PPG on 51% in the last 5 games (All wins)

He's fine
The eye test looks otherwise, he honestly hasn't looked happy all year and I've seen most of the their games this year.

FreezingTsmoove
11-17-2016, 05:39 PM
The eye test looks otherwise, he honestly hasn't looked happy all year and I've seen most of the their games this year.

ooo i forgot to take into account the eye test bro

Dro
11-17-2016, 05:44 PM
ooo i forgot to take into account the eye test bro
Ok, not sure why you're getting offended:confusedshrug: I'm just giving my opinion and obviously I'm not the only who's said this. I've seen this around the internet.

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 05:52 PM
Why would a scorer be happy about losing shots? Especially one in his early prime? The fact of the matter is he's just redundant when you have two of the greatest shooters/scorers in the league as your first two options. You couple that with the fact that he already has a ring (which means he isn't a player who is going to be happy taking backseat for that huge accolade) and it's not surprising he would be underwhelmed by his place on this team. The only thing about trading him is...what if they trade him and they still don't win and KD bolts? He only signed a two-year contract with a player option for the 2nd year and we all know how mentally weak he is...if they lose he may figure it's just not worth it taking all this hate. Don't get me wrong...I'd find that hilarious, but the Warriors obviously wouldn't be too keen on that.

FreezingTsmoove
11-17-2016, 05:54 PM
Ok, not sure why you're getting offended:confusedshrug: I'm just giving my opinion and obviously I'm not the only who's said this. I've seen this around the internet.

Im being serious I didnt take into account the eyetest.....

bdreason
11-17-2016, 05:56 PM
He's always had this personality. Never satisfied. That's why he's one of the greatest shooters of all-time.

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 05:56 PM

Take your eyes off Curry once in awhile and maybe you'd notice.

FreezingTsmoove
11-17-2016, 05:58 PM
Take your eyes off Curry once in awhile and maybe you'd notice.

Hard to take your eyes off a guy who is averaging 34 on 58% in the last 5 games (all wins) which includes 32 3-pointers.....

Dro
11-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Ok, my apologies.

Dro
11-17-2016, 06:01 PM
Why would a scorer be happy about losing shots? Especially one in his early prime? The fact of the matter is he's just redundant when you have two of the greatest shooters/scorers in the league as your first two options. You couple that with the fact that he already has a ring (which means he isn't a player who is going to be happy taking backseat for that huge accolade) and it's not surprising he would be underwhelmed by his place on this team. The only thing about trading him is...what if they trade him and they still don't win and KD bolts? He only signed a two-year contract with a player option for the 2nd year and we all know how mentally weak he is...if they lose he may figure it's just not worth it taking all this hate. Don't get me wrong...I'd find that hilarious, but the Warriors obviously wouldn't be too keen on that.
I think they're some truth to this. I mean, there's tons of small moments that I've noticed during the games this year. Maybe has been like this always but I never paid as much attention to him as I have this year. Probably because of his early struggles. He doesn't seem to high five or even be as happy for his teammates when they score as the rest of the guys are. He just doesn't seem to be having any fun whatsoever. I don't even know if I've seen him smile on the court this year.

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Hard to take your eyes off a guy who is averaging 34 on 58% in the last 5 games (all wins) which includes 32 3-pointers.....

If he doesn't have his most efficient season ever it's going to be sad. When you are as good as he is and your two perimeter partners are Kevin Durant (who is a better player) and Klay Thompson...your efficiency should only go up. The guy that used to be able to play off of Harrison Barnes can obviously not do that anymore.

Hey Yo
11-17-2016, 06:10 PM
I think they're some truth to this. I mean, there's tons of small moments that I've noticed during the games this year. Maybe has been like this always but I never paid as much attention to him as I have this year. Probably because of his early struggles. He doesn't seem to high five or even be as happy for his teammates when they score as the rest of the guys are. He just doesn't seem to be having any fun whatsoever. I don't even know if I've seen him smile on the court this year.
Scoring less, spotlight on you less, people talking about you less = less endorsement opportunities and such.

Won't be surprised at all if he asks for a trade. He's under contract until the end of the 2019 season.

Dro
11-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Scoring less, spotlight on you less, people talking about you less = less endorsement opportunities and such.

Won't be surprised at all if he asks for a trade. He's under contract until the end of the 2019 season.
Do you think he would actually ASK for a trade though? I do think he wouldn't mind playing for another team but I'm not sure if he has the balls to actually ask for it.

Edit - you make a great point though....All we heard last year was "splash brothers" this, "splash brothers" that..I've barely heard it all this year if at all....

CuhGetsBucks
11-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Klay's not even marketable though he seems like he's shy and has some weird emotional issues. On top of that other than shooting there's nothing that stands out about him. He's not charismatic, doesn't have anything different about him in terms of appearence or accessories.

Dro
11-17-2016, 07:40 PM
Klay's not even marketable though he seems like he's shy and has some weird emotional issues. On top of that other than shooting there's nothing that stands out about him. He's not charismatic, doesn't have anything different about him in terms of appearence or accessories.
I think he needs to expand his game, find other ways to contribute. Teams have had 3 stars before but usually they all do different things. Steph, Kevin and Klay all do the same thing, shoot, except KD and Steph are better at it. I don't think KD is a better pure shooter than Klay but shooting off the dribble and creating his own shot, KD is leagues above Klay. And Steph and even KD are much better playmakers also...

Klay needs to improve his defense, maybe become a better playmaker, I don't know...

raprap
11-17-2016, 07:47 PM
He's always had this personality. Never satisfied. That's why he's one of the greatest shooters of all-time.
Talk about extreme homerism :oldlol:

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 07:49 PM
I think he needs to expand his game, find other ways to contribute. Teams have had 3 stars before but usually they all do different things. Steph, Kevin and Klay all do the same thing, shoot, except KD and Steph are better at it. I don't think KD is a better pure shooter than Klay but shooting off the dribble and creating his own shot, KD is leagues above Klay. And Steph and even KD are much better playmakers also...

Klay needs to improve his defense, maybe become a better playmaker, I don't know...

It's pretty difficult to become a better playmaker when you are a mediocre ball handler.

CuhGetsBucks
11-17-2016, 07:55 PM
It's pretty difficult to become a better playmaker when you are a mediocre ball handler.
Yep and even mediocre might be a stretch

antonAC
11-17-2016, 11:58 PM
Take your eyes off Curry once in awhile

said no NBA coach ever.

pedromarinho
11-18-2016, 12:34 AM
Are we just talking about the guy who made a 37 point quarter?!

Asukal
11-18-2016, 12:46 AM
I never liked his face to begin with. He has the face of a guy I feel like punching whenever I see him. :oldlol: :lol

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-18-2016, 03:35 AM
He's my favorite player and is on my favorite team. But I'd have no problem if he was traded to a team to be the #1 (or even #2 again) guy. Imagine him on the Pacers playing w/ PG13 and Turner? Or the Pels playing w/ the Brow? Or Atlanta being a better Bazemorver. Or Detroid with Drummond. etc etc.

But, yeah, really, he's fine on GSW. He still gets his. Besides, he's never been very boisterous with his emotions anyway.

Bones_Jones
11-18-2016, 04:10 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Klay-Thompson-beer.jpg
Looks like he's fine to me :oldlol: :oldlol:

His feelings got hurt and he has to wash away the pain with Coors fukking light.... fukking pu$sy

Captvic
11-18-2016, 04:41 AM
It went from the splash brothers to kd n curry.

jstern
11-18-2016, 05:27 AM

This is true. He always seems like he has a bug up his ass. That's the best way to describe it.

dunksby
11-18-2016, 05:35 AM
You'd be bitter too if you had that god awful goatee on your face.

AintNoSunshine
11-18-2016, 08:36 AM
LOL

Why in hell would he be happy? The team was almost a back to back champ as it was. Added a giant puzzy for no reason who takes 20 shots away from the existing chemistry.

sportjames23
11-18-2016, 08:57 AM
His feelings got hurt and he has to wash away the pain with Coors fukking light.... fukking pu$sy

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

egokiller
11-18-2016, 02:00 PM
Christian Thompson? Why don't you try being a wind defender for a day and see if you look happy.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377707

Dro
11-18-2016, 02:30 PM
He's my favorite player and is on my favorite team. But I'd have no problem if he was traded to a team to be the #1 (or even #2 again) guy. Imagine him on the Pacers playing w/ PG13 and Turner? Or the Pels playing w/ the Brow? Or Atlanta being a better Bazemorver. Or Detroid with Drummond. etc etc.

But, yeah, really, he's fine on GSW. He still gets his. Besides, he's never been very boisterous with his emotions anyway.
I agree with you except there's no way he could be a #1. But he would be a great fit on any of those teams. I would love him on the Pacers. He's the exact SG that we need.

1manfastbreak
11-18-2016, 02:43 PM
You'd be bitter too if you had that god awful goatee on your face.

What's wrong with his Klaycial hair?

Nick Young
11-18-2016, 02:57 PM
http://dsz7vodgjx60a.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/17043702/resize-1.png

dunksby
11-18-2016, 04:27 PM
What's wrong with his Klaycial hair?
A goatee to start? And it makes him look like a corny bad guy from an obscure show.