PDA

View Full Version : Has Kyrie Hit His Ceiling?

CTbasketball92
11-17-2016, 05:39 PM
Interesting article I saw the other date -- from a random Cavs site no less.

http://waitingfornextyear.com/2016/11/has-kyrie-irving-hit-his-ceiling/

Cocaine80s
11-18-2016, 02:00 AM
Yup, its up to Lebron to help him reach that next level. Its going to be hard but if they can get it all together and Lebron beats the Warriors this year, hes above Jordan imo. Especially with this supporting cast vs Golden State

Relinquish
11-18-2016, 02:13 AM
I'd say possibly. He will always be great offensively, but most likely not as THE man because he just is not a good distributor and he's not that athletic. Lebron has brought the best out of Kyrie offensively by getting him great looks, and by attracting a lot of defensive attention, giving him room to drive and operate. I think he will always be a great offensive player who can always take and make a big shot, but I don't see him really putting up significantly better numbers in the future. But he's still only 24, so he still has room to grow.

Jasper
11-18-2016, 09:17 AM
couple of years in the league juices a player , but now he is playing as a facilitator 2nd option , and a outside threat.
First couple years he drove to the basket at will because of how his team was constructed , but now the lanes are typically filled.

I feel as if he has developed into a spot shooter, right elbow deep is a home run , as other spots on the court.
He is playing his position as a defined role far better than any other player in the PG position other than heavy load CP3.

He's a team player , problem when has the ball sometimes I feel he dribbles to much to get a shot off, but the other team knows he is a very dangerous threat.

Ben Simons
11-18-2016, 09:45 AM
Yes. He has been in the league since 2011. He has had plenty of time to reach his peak. No way does he jump up a tier at this point.

egokiller
11-18-2016, 10:54 AM
Yup, its up to Lebron to help him reach that next level. Its going to be hard but if they can get it all together and Lebron beats the Warriors this year, hes above Jordan imo. Especially with this supporting cast vs Golden State

Above Jordan with 4 finals losses so far? Never. Conversation is about Kryie yet somehow you allow yourself to be triggered and put Lebron into the conversation.