PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Barnes is averaging 23ppg on good efficiency

AirBonner
11-17-2016, 08:03 PM
He has been superb. Doubled his scoring output from last season. Was Curry holding him back?

bizil
11-17-2016, 08:23 PM
Steph wasn't holding him back at all. It's just that u had guys like Steph and Klay who are among the greatest shooters of all time. Steph was the #1 option, Klay #2, and the guys like Barnes, Dray, etc. came next. So AT BEST on GS, he was going to be a third option.

On the Dallas, he has the shot to be the #1 option. While Dirk was still All Star caliber last year, he's past his prime. Meaning Dirk's body won't allow him to go hard all the time. So he has to pace himself. As guys like Bosh, Love, and Harden have shown recently, the difference between a #1 option and a #3 option can be huge. As a #1 option, ALL OF those guys were scoring 24 points and up. As number #3 options, they were scoring below 20 points a night.

The season is still young, so we have to see how Harrison progresses. But just due to getting more shot attempts and being the 1st option, his numbers will improve greatly. BUT will he develop into a true alpha dog SF? Just because u are a #1 option on your team, IT DOESN'T mean you are an alpha dog scorer.

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 08:27 PM
I don't know about all that, but I do know I was one of the few saying that he would be able to put up star numbers off the Warriors. The 0.9apg are laughable, though. When you average less apg per 36 than Hassan Whitside and you are a sg/sf...that's just pathetic.

Proctor
11-17-2016, 08:38 PM
Anybody with a brain knew he wasn't a scrub...surprise surprise. Amazing very few here believed it would happen. :facepalm

plowking
11-17-2016, 08:53 PM
He is a good player. Though being in a role where you are a 4th option on a team sets you up a particular way mentally.

I think it will take maybe another season or so before he really hits his stride, maybe somewhat like Derozan is doing now.

I'd definitely take Barnes over Klay.

Levity
11-17-2016, 08:59 PM
stoked for him. however, OJ mayo had a career start with DAL while dirk was out too. we all remember how that panned out. i dont see barnes going down that route (the kids so fundamentally sound), but the season is still very young.

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 09:00 PM
He is a good player. Though being in a role where you are a 4th option on a team sets you up a particular way mentally.

I think it will take maybe another season or so before he really hits his stride, maybe somewhat like Derozan is doing now.

I'd definitely take Barnes over Klay.

:whatever:

Lebron23
11-17-2016, 09:09 PM
stoked for him. however, OJ mayo had a career start with DAL while dirk was out too. we all remember how that panned out. i dont see barnes going down that route (the kids so fundamentally sound), but the season is still very young.

Well, Dirk is done.

bluechox2
11-17-2016, 09:12 PM
can the warriors get him...sounds like thompson was holding him back....and now durant holding back thompson...

warriorfan
11-17-2016, 09:15 PM
Harrison Barnes game 5 of the 2016 NBA Finals

2/14 from the field, 5 points

Harrison Barnes game 6 of the 2016 NBA Finals

0/8 from the field, 0 points

Have fun with that

:oldlol:

bluechox2
11-17-2016, 09:21 PM
Harrison Barnes game 5 of the 2016 NBA Finals

2/14 from the field, 5 points

Harrison Barnes game 6 of the 2016 NBA Finals

0/8 from the field, 0 points

Have fun with that

:oldlol:

durant game 5, game 6, game 7 choke

FreezingTsmoove
11-17-2016, 09:57 PM
For the record I said he would was a Kawhi Leonard type player on any other team

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 10:10 PM
For the record I said he would was a Kawhi Leonard type player on any other team

What? He's not even close to as good as Leonard and they don't even play alike. Kawhi's main claim to fame is defense...Harrison Barnes is average at best in this regard. This is just a stupid comment.

FreezingTsmoove
11-17-2016, 10:15 PM
What? He's not even close to as good as Leonard and they don't even play alike. Kawhi's main claim to fame is defense...Harrison Barnes is average at best in this regard. This is just a stupid comment.

Harrison has been playing elite defense lately... lets give it a season before we call the comparison stupid?

yeaaaman
11-17-2016, 10:17 PM
How is it holding someone back when they're a solid young player who gets a much larger opportunity in a different situation? Winning a Championship then following that up with breaking the all time wins record doesn't say holding anyone back.

Smoke117
11-17-2016, 10:18 PM
Harrison has been playing elite defense lately... lets give it a season before we call the comparison stupid?

Again...what? Are you a Harrison Barnes stan or something? He's one of the more underwhelming defensive players on the Mavs. I'm sorry homeboy, but this is one of the most laughable comparisons I've ever seen.

Doranku
11-17-2016, 10:22 PM
18.3 FGA/game
0.9 assists/game

Dude redefines what it means to be one dimensional. :lol

FreezingTsmoove
11-17-2016, 10:22 PM
Again...what? Are you a Harrison Barnes stan or something? He's one of the more underwhelming defensive players on the Mavs. I'm sorry homeboy, but this is one of the most laughable comparisons I've ever seen.

Dude what Mavs games have you seen this season that he was horrible on defense? At worst he is average

Im not a Harrison stan I hve league pass so I watch a lot of mavs games to see how he is doing

At least Watch mavs bucks he was an elite defender that game and in ot

Lebron23
11-17-2016, 10:31 PM
18.3 FGA/game
0.9 assists/game

Dude redefines what it means to be one dimensional. :lol

Wiggins is also doing the same thing. In fairness to Barnes this is the first time he is the go to guy of his team.

pedromarinho
11-17-2016, 10:34 PM
I honestly don't like him. There is much better out there. Can't be the face of a franchise.

Nastradamus
11-18-2016, 12:09 AM
Its crazy how low all his other major, traditional stats are though. He's still doing better than I thought and finally shows shades of being the scorer we thought he'd become in HS.

Nastradamus
11-18-2016, 12:11 AM
Wiggins is also doing the same thing. In fairness to Barnes this is the first time he is the go to guy of his team.

and it matters with Wiggins too

theaussieguy
11-18-2016, 12:59 AM
all this shows is the brilliance of Curry. A 20+ppg player who was basically just totally not needed on the offensive end because of the Curry brilliance.

NattyPButter
11-18-2016, 05:38 AM
GSW is going to regret trading him and all those players away.

KyrieTheFuture
11-18-2016, 06:16 AM
That's an awful comparison

StephHamann
11-18-2016, 06:46 AM
The Mavs suck ass without Dirk.

They can finally start to rebuild now.

Ben Simons
11-18-2016, 09:52 AM
There is a difference between being held back and not being as good as your teammates so getting the ball less. Would you say Nash held Joe Johnson back?

Nastradamus
11-18-2016, 12:21 PM
Barnes still has a negative OBPM due to that ridiculously bad 4.6 assist rate, among other things. Huge negative with a -2.0 DBPM

feyki
11-18-2016, 12:45 PM
Barnes still has a negative OBPM due to that ridiculously bad 4.6 assist rate, among other things. Huge negative with a -2.0 DBPM

-2.0 isn't huge negative . It's just below average or bad . But when he play consistently hustle game ( average D , Active on boards , less turnovers ) like he did in 2015 , he would've deserve his contract . Plus with showing his mid range game to us . If Dirk could stay healthy , Mavs will be very fun to watch with Barnes @4 and Dirk @5 .

Prime_Shaq
11-18-2016, 12:53 PM
GSW is going to regret trading him and all those players away.
Only one they traded was Bogut, the rest were just not re-signed.