PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West: 'I would have voted for Trump

UK2K
11-18-2016, 11:19 AM
Concertgoers at Kanye West's show Thursday night in San Jose, Calif., were met with a political screed by the rapper one week after the bitterly fought presidential election.

What floored many was hearing the rapper, who once told the nation "George Bush doesn't care about black people" during a 2005 telethon for Hurricane Katrina victims, announce that not only did he not vote, but if he had, he would have pulled the lever for Donald Trump.

West went on to tell the audience that he's "glad Trump inspired racists to reveal themselves" and that if we can all hold out for another four years, he's still thinking about running for president in 2020.

He praised music for its power to of unify the country after such a polarizing election, saying, "I'm not asking ya'll on your opinions on who's better, but there are people who voted for either side that come together for music."

The declaration validates President-elect Trump, who last year said he knew West was a supporter.

"I'll never say bad about him, because he loves Trump," he said, responding to West's speech at the MTV Video Music Awards hinting at a presidential run. "He goes around saying Trump is my all-time hero. He says it to everybody. So Kanye West, I love him."

If I knew then what I know now...

I'd have supported Clinton. :facepalm

Ben Simons
11-18-2016, 11:33 AM
Why does it matter what musicians say regarding politics? No part of me is swayed politically by the Kanyes, Jay-Zs, Dixie-Chicks, Ted Nugets, and Lin-Manuels of the world.

iamgine
11-18-2016, 12:15 PM
Why does it matter what musicians say regarding politics? No part of me is swayed politically by the Kanyes, Jay-Zs, Dixie-Chicks, Ted Nugets, and Lin-Manuels of the world.
Yes. Kanye inspires me, so naturally I would try to emulate everything about him.

NumberSix
11-18-2016, 01:00 PM
This guy is so transparent. Clearly just trying to draw attention to himself by saying something he thinks people will be like "OMG, did you hear what Kanye said?"

DaHeezy
11-18-2016, 01:05 PM
I'm just blown away by the idea he wants to run for president and he didn't even vote

warriorfan
11-18-2016, 02:29 PM
Kanye is a masterful troll

Ben Simmons
11-18-2016, 02:34 PM
Isnt he going to run against Trump in 2020

UK2K
11-18-2016, 02:39 PM

So he says...

Trump opened up Pandora's Box.

Schotsman
11-18-2016, 02:45 PM
I'd vote for Kanye out of those two.

In all seriousness, I was kinda alarmed by Kanye saying that rappers are the philosophers of today. Come one. Although I don't doubt that he actually believes that.

Heavincent
11-18-2016, 02:47 PM

His fanbase mostly consists of:

White teenagers
Young black people

Good luck with that Kanye.

Ben Simons
11-18-2016, 03:00 PM
So he says...

Trump opened up Pandora's Box.
We have come to the time of celebs running the country. No way he gets past The Rock. Sexiest Man Alive and highest paid actor.

UK2K
11-18-2016, 03:18 PM
We have come to the time of celebs running the country. No way he gets past The Rock. Sexiest Man Alive and highest paid actor.

The Rock has my vote...

He seems Conservative fiscally but liberal socially.

Springsteen
11-18-2016, 03:21 PM
His fanbase mostly consists of:

White teenagers
Young black people

Good luck with that Kanye.

Millennial vote secured!

UK2K
11-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Millennial vote secured!

My age group is so embarrassing. :facepalm

You know they'd vote for him too.

Nick Young
11-18-2016, 03:56 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1ee6ln.jpg

9erempiree
11-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Kanye is a front runner. In hindsight, he is saying he would have voted for Trump because Trump won and he would have been right....

All...while.....a few ISH members like myself, Nick Young and dude were predicting landslide victory this summer.

We showed some balls. Show some balls Kanye.

Smoke117
11-18-2016, 04:27 PM
The sad part is...black people would vote for Kanye just because he is also black. :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
11-18-2016, 05:23 PM
What the fck is that quote.. is that Trump refering to himself in third person?

And what do you mean, OP?

"If I knew then what I know now...

I'd have supported Clinton."

??

ArbitraryWater
11-18-2016, 05:34 PM
Damn, Kanye is serious about all this... went on an hour long pro Trump speech :oldlol:

Check out what he said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/kanye-west-vote-donald-trump-speech-concert-san-jose-president-2020-a7424316.html

ArbitraryWater
11-18-2016, 05:38 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/783d46631fe3f13c50a873ed2dbe4651.png

Bumping this Kanye shit :djparty :dancin

UK2K
11-18-2016, 05:43 PM
The sad part is...black people would vote for Kanye just because he is also black. :facepalm

Chris Rock made that joke on SNL...

He said 55% of the country is female and Clinton lost? If 55% of the country was black, Flava Flav would be the next president.

UK2K
11-18-2016, 05:44 PM
What the fck is that quote.. is that Trump refering to himself in third person?

And what do you mean, OP?

"If I knew then what I know now...

I'd have supported Clinton."

??

I've always known I was on the right side of politics by looking around at who is voting for who...

BLM, illegals, criminals, feminists, and soft ass college kids vote Democrat. I don't want to associate with any of them.

But knowing Kanye would have voted Trump makes me question my loyalty.

FKAri
11-18-2016, 07:09 PM
I've always known I was on the right side of politics by looking around at who is voting for who...

BLM, illegals, criminals, feminists, and soft ass college kids vote Democrat. I don't want to associate with any of them.

But knowing Kanye would have voted Trump makes me question my loyalty.
The shittiness of the Republican party for the last 2 decades didn't make you question your loyalty? Dick Cheney and the Project for the New American Century didn't give you doubts? But Kanye opening his mouth has you wavering? :lol

You're probably someone who was fuming during the primaries as Trump exposed all the hacks in the party. Now you think you're trying to weasel yourself in as someone who has been supporting Trump all along?

Smoke117
11-18-2016, 07:25 PM
Chris Rock made that joke on SNL...

He said 55% of the country is female and Clinton lost? If 55% of the country was black, Flava Flav would be the next president.

The funny thing about this is...then they wonder where this prejudice comes from that other races think they are more intelligent than the black race...well here you go, this is why. The fact that they WOULD actually vote for this narcissistic idiot Kanye over a WHITE candidate who is actually qualified is why this prejudice exists. Prejudice doesn't just manufacture itself out of thin air...it comes from actions having taken place.

Don't come here and call me a racist either...I'm not saying I agree with any of this, I'm just saying this is the type of shit that REINFORCES THOSE PREJUDICES that the other races have for black people. This whole "black people have to stand united no matter what" rhetoric is bullshit...make a judgment based on someone's actions and not their skin color if you want to be taken seriously.

brownmamba00
11-19-2016, 10:42 AM
The funny thing about this is...then they wonder where this prejudice comes from that other races think they are more intelligent than the black race...well here you go, this is why. The fact that they WOULD actually vote for this narcissistic idiot Kanye over a WHITE candidate who is actually qualified is why this prejudice exists. Prejudice doesn't just manufacture itself out of thin air...it comes from actions having taken place.

Don't come here and call me a racist either...I'm not saying I agree with any of this, I'm just saying this is the type of shit that REINFORCES THOSE PREJUDICES that the other races have for black people. This whole "black people have to stand united no matter what" rhetoric is bullshit...make a judgment based on someone's actions and not their skin color if you want to be taken seriously.
Same reason why the mid west and rural parts of the country vote for the White candidate and they voted for Trump this election bcuz he wants to get rid of mexicans and blacks.

Shit I'd vote for Kanye just to give piece of shit racists like you a BIG **** you.

ArbitraryWater
11-19-2016, 10:47 AM
Same reason why the mid west and rural parts of the country vote for the White candidate and they voted for Trump this election bcuz he wants to get rid of mexicans and blacks.

Shit I'd vote for Kanye just to give piece of shit racists like you a BIG **** you.

moron exposed

brownmamba00
11-19-2016, 10:53 AM
Hey schnitzel still mad about my comments about you getting ur ass whooped?

You must be a special moron tho to think all that redneck trash voted for Trump bcuz of his 'political' policies.

brownmamba00
11-19-2016, 10:59 AM
Just look at forum nutjobs like 9er and Nick Young...I highly doubt they make racist remarks in real life like they do online. All this anti-pc BS is usually an excuse to say or do racist shit without repurcussions.

I actually supported Trump going in to the elections but all these racists coming out their caves to support Trump made me feel uncomfortable.

ArbitraryWater
11-19-2016, 11:12 AM

You must be a special moron tho to think all that redneck trash voted for Trump bcuz of his 'political' policies.

so mad :oldlol:

KiiiiNG
11-19-2016, 04:11 PM
so mad :oldlol:
And so dumb. :oldlol:

Someone ship him and his obese wife back to mexico

9erempiree
11-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Just look at forum nutjobs like 9er and Nick Young...I highly doubt they make racist remarks in real life like they do online. All this anti-pc BS is usually an excuse to say or do racist shit without repurcussions.

I actually supported Trump going in to the elections but all these racists coming out their caves to support Trump made me feel uncomfortable.

I have never said anything racist here.

I disavow it.

dude77
11-19-2016, 04:50 PM

who gives a fk .. most if not all blacks voted for obama because he was a 'brotha'

warriorfan
11-19-2016, 05:01 PM

:roll:

Smoke117
11-19-2016, 06:14 PM

WTF? How am I racist? I literally said it's not something I believe, but a common PREJUDICE AND STEREOTYPE. Ironically, your stupidity here only helped reinforce it, so good job.

You also have no idea what you are talking about...those people in the midwest voted for Trump because they liked what he was saying about bringing jobs back to the country and relying less on foreign imports. I'm also sure there were a lot of men who, like me, refused to vote for a woman.

brownmamba00
11-21-2016, 11:33 AM
And so dumb. :oldlol:

Someone ship him and his obese wife back to mexico
Atleast I have a wife, Simon.

UK2K
11-21-2016, 12:04 PM

Kinda true, but not really...

I would think people in the mid-west and rural parts of the country voted for the Republican (because both candidates were white) because they were more likely to have lost their jobs thanks to globalization.

But, it's a lot more fun to just assume they're racist. The same country that voted Obama president twice is racist, now, apparently. :applause:

Also.. we know who you would vote for... because you can pretty much tell who a minority will vote for without even asking them. But, they definitely don't all think alike.

Terahite
11-21-2016, 12:12 PM
All Trump supporters are white rednecks like Kanye West.

Ben Simons
11-21-2016, 12:32 PM
Kanye is one of the rare famous people I would not vote for over Trump.

Ben Simons
11-21-2016, 12:32 PM
I have never said anything racist here.

I disavow it.
:oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
11-21-2016, 01:36 PM
Atleast I have a wife, Simon.

another forced marriage victim there.. may God save that woman

brownmamba00
11-21-2016, 02:40 PM
Kinda true, but not really...

I would think people in the mid-west and rural parts of the country voted for the Republican (because both candidates were white) because they were more likely to have lost their jobs thanks to globalization.

But, it's a lot more fun to just assume they're racist. The same country that voted Obama president twice is racist, now, apparently. :applause:

Also.. we know who you would vote for... because you can pretty much tell who a minority will vote for without even asking them. But, they definitely don't all think alike.
It's mostly true. The traditional white christian folk felt neglected and Trump won a lot of their votes on Election Day. Meanwhile Hillary was too busy trying to convince inner city people to get up and vote for her. My god she's the biggest clown in US politics history. Corrupt hag. She had it comin.

So because I am a 'minority' you already know who I voted for huh? That white superiority feeling. What makes your vote more valuable than mine?

**** you

UK2K
11-21-2016, 02:47 PM
It's mostly true. The traditional white christian folk felt neglected and Trump won a lot of their votes on Election Day. Meanwhile Hillary was too busy trying to convince inner city people to get up and vote for her. My god she's the biggest clown in US politics history. Corrupt hag. She had it comin.

So because I am a 'minority' you already know who I voted for huh? That white superiority feeling. What makes your vote more valuable than mine?

**** you

No, but with a pretty high statistical probability, one can guess.

For example, if you are black and live in Philadelphia, and voted, there's a 100% chance you voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012.

If you are a minority, there's a 95% chance you voted Democrat. Because... statistics.

Trumpocalypse
11-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Yeah, but Kanye is a crazy person who has weird mental breakdowns every year. He just cancelled his tour after a gig in which he was super late, performed 3 songs, ranted for an hour, then left.

NumberSix
11-21-2016, 03:44 PM

Besides Obama, there's only ever been white candidates, and the one time there was a non-white candidate, the Midwest voted for him.

:hammerhead:

Dresta
11-22-2016, 07:55 AM

**** you
If white racists vote, they'd vote Republican with or without Trump; Trump did not change this; what did change, and what swung the election, was that a bunch of people, in States destroyed by NAFTA, who voted for Obama (some of them twice), switched to Trump; this was because he was the only person (aside from Bernie, who then said white people can't be poor or something similar) who bothered to address their problems, while HRC had celebrated the policies that had wrecked their livelihoods, and spent most of her campaign time getting celebrities to lecture people--talk about being utterly disconnected.

It is obvious why white Christians voted for Trump, and it doesn't have anything to do with race, but with the reality that Hilary Clinton would've been happy to declare war on religious freedom, and has nothing but contempt for genuinely religious people. They see things like what is happening all over Europe, where homosexuals search out religious people, and attempt to ruin their lives (supported by the courts), and don't want that here. See the NI cake issue for an example of this (homosexual activist forced baker to print a politically motivated slogan out of sheer spite.

Ben Simons
11-22-2016, 12:27 PM
It is obvious why white Christians voted for Trump, and it doesn't have anything to do with race, but with the reality that Hilary Clinton would've been happy to declare war on religious freedom, and has nothing but contempt for genuinely religious people. They see things like what is happening all over Europe, where homosexuals search out religious people, and attempt to ruin their lives (supported by the courts), and don't want that here. See the NI cake issue for an example of this (homosexual activist forced baker to print a politically motivated slogan out of sheer spite.
Funny. Clinton would have declared war on "religious freedom," meanwhile Trump wants a registry for Muslims and a vetting system that is specific for them. What you are talking about is "Christian freedom," not "religious freedom."

BoutPractice
11-22-2016, 12:45 PM
The president-elect is perhaps the least Christian character you could imagine. His value system is based entirely on the maximization of personal pleasure, social darwinism, and the idea that might is right - in other words, the perfect opposite of Christian values.

Politicians, almost by definition, tend to prioritize those values, but Trump is rare in feeling no Christian-induced sense of shame about them. (Compare with Marco Rubio, a classic egotist who wasn't able to get the job done partly because he was so self-conscious of his own immorality, like a good Catholic boy)

Yet much like Berlusconi, Christians like Trump because he'll leave them alone. Christians are prepared to let Caesar be Caesar as long as Caesar lets them be Christians.

As for "religious freedom", in the abstract, Ben Simmons is right: religious persecution of Muslims will become official policy under the incoming administration (this stuff isn't going to age well...). That's not because the president is an Islamophobe, per se... but Muslim-baiting has become politically expedient these days, on the right as well as on the left. If it ever were convenient he would become an Islamophile... he only reflects what you guys are thinking.

Dresta
11-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Funny. Clinton would have declared war on "religious freedom," meanwhile Trump wants a registry for Muslims and a vetting system that is specific for them. What you are talking about is "Christian freedom," not "religious freedom."
Having a vetting procedure targeted at nations filled with people who hate and are waging war on your country, has nothing to do with "religious freedom" in the United States, you ignorant imbecile.

And I see BoutPractice is practicing his mind-reading schtick again: shocker.

Nastradamus
11-22-2016, 01:42 PM

True, they all voted for Carson after all

Nick Young
11-22-2016, 01:44 PM
The president-elect is perhaps the least Christian character you could imagine. His value system is based entirely on the maximization of personal pleasure, social darwinism, and the idea that might is right - in other words, the perfect opposite of Christian values.

Politicians, almost by definition, tend to prioritize those values, but Trump is rare in feeling no Christian-induced sense of shame about them. (Compare with Marco Rubio, a classic egotist who wasn't able to get the job done partly because he was so self-conscious of his own immorality, like a good Catholic boy)

Yet much like Berlusconi, Christians like Trump because he'll leave them alone. Christians are prepared to let Caesar be Caesar as long as Caesar lets them be Christians.

As for "religious freedom", in the abstract, Ben Simmons is right: religious persecution of Muslims will become official policy under the incoming administration (this stuff isn't going to age well...). That's not because the president is an Islamophobe, per se... but Muslim-baiting has become politically expedient these days, on the right as well as on the left. If it ever were convenient he would become an Islamophile... he only reflects what you guys are thinking.
Julius Caesar was one of the greatest rulers in history. It is very fitting that you compare that based man to president elect Donald Trump.:applause:

Ben Simons
11-22-2016, 05:14 PM
Kanye was hospitalized for erratic behavior that included supporting Trump.