PDA

View Full Version : D'Angelo Russell: "I wanted to be Manu Ginobili growing up

Hey Yo
11-18-2016, 05:08 PM
ESPN ‏@espn
Most players D'Angelo Russell's age wanted to be Kobe. Or LeBron. Or D-Wade. He wanted to be Manu Ginobili.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18066071/dangelo-russell-patterns-game-manu-ginobili

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxkhxhvUAAEsg7_.jpg

KiiiiNG
11-18-2016, 05:09 PM
A black kid looking up to a white man. Makes me feel proud.

Smoke117
11-18-2016, 05:25 PM
That was smart of him to keep his ceiling lower...as he has no chance of reaching the level of Lebron, Wade, or Kobe. This is taking nothing away from Manu either, but we all know those three guys are on another tier. (lebron two tiers) Either way, Russell isn't close and will never be close to the slasher, playmaker, or defender Manu was. If he wanted to be Ginobli...he didn't do a very good job of emulating his game.

AnaheimLakers24
11-18-2016, 05:33 PM
thats a really great player to emulate.

Bosnian Sajo
11-18-2016, 06:38 PM
That was smart of him to keep his ceiling lower...as he has no chance of reaching the level of Lebron, Wade, or Kobe. This is taking nothing away from Manu either, but we all know those three guys are on another tier. (lebron two tiers) Either way, Russell isn't close and will never be close to the slasher, playmaker, or defender Manu was. If he wanted to be Ginobli...he didn't do a very good job of emulating his game.

You're such a loser :oldlol:

How can you hate on a team so much, so consistently? It never gets tiresome?

Lebronxrings
11-18-2016, 06:51 PM
That was smart of him to keep his ceiling lower...as he has no chance of reaching the level of Lebron, Wade, or Kobe. This is taking nothing away from Manu either, but we all know those three guys are on another tier. (lebron three tiers) Either way, Russell isn't close and will never be close to the slasher, playmaker, or defender Manu was. If he wanted to be Ginobli...he didn't do a very good job of emulating his game.
fixed

Smoke117
11-18-2016, 06:57 PM
You're such a loser :oldlol:

How can you hate on a team so much, so consistently? It never gets tiresome?

The better question is...why do you have to take everything so seriously? I'm clearly just having some fun. Relax...it's just a silly game.

NDaATL
11-18-2016, 08:05 PM
Gino would've been a superstar if he was more selfish. The fact that he accepted being a 6th man for most of his career is incredible, the guy was always one of the top 2 guards in the league. Most players would've demanded a trade long ago, especially after getting one championship. Could've easily averaged 25+ ppg if he left the Spurs. Shows how humble the guy is.

Bosnian Sajo
11-18-2016, 08:34 PM
The better question is...why do you have to take everything so seriously? I'm clearly just having some fun. Relax...it's just a silly game.

That's what having fun is to you? :(

Now I just want to hug you, poor fella.

raprap
11-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Prime Manu was exciting af. Not surprised.

Ramza
11-18-2016, 09:30 PM
Kobe takes another L :lol

ImKobe
11-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Manu is top 5 SG of his era and arguably the GOAT 6th man in league history, a future HOFer.

DCL
11-18-2016, 11:11 PM
prime manu's game was juicy

MrFonzworth
11-18-2016, 11:30 PM
the guy was always one of the top 2 guards in the league.

:lol
He was good, but never that good buddy.

Nick Young
11-19-2016, 01:21 AM
Manu was who I modeled my game off of as well.

3'Angelo is one of the most gifted passers in the NBA

AirTupac
11-19-2016, 02:18 AM
That's what having fun is to you? :(

Now I just want to hug you, poor fella.

What do you expect from someone who can barely keep his life together? The dude losses battles to alcoholism :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :facepalm

KyrieTheFuture
11-19-2016, 06:09 AM
Man, I really, really like hearing this for some weird reason

egokiller
11-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Manu did the Shammgod move better than Shammgod himself.

MiseryCityTexas
11-19-2016, 07:47 PM
A black kid looking up to a white man. Makes me feel proud.

Explains why he's a rat.

rmt
11-20-2016, 11:57 PM
Gino would've been a superstar if he was more selfish. The fact that he accepted being a 6th man for most of his career is incredible, the guy was always one of the top 2 guards in the league. Most players would've demanded a trade long ago, especially after getting one championship. Could've easily averaged 25+ ppg if he left the Spurs. Shows how humble the guy is.

Manu CANNOT average 25+ ppg - he is fragile, can't play long minutes, mind goes to mush when he's tired, injury-prone, and takes forever to regain his rhythm when he does come back from injury. Saying that, he's clutch, has tremendous heart and is a fantastic playmaker/passer.