PDA

View Full Version : If The Cavs Don't Make The Finals It Would Be The Biggest Upset In NBA History

BeastMode24
11-20-2016, 02:44 PM
never has a team been a bigger lock of making the finals. rest of east is trash. whose going to even challenge them? lmao.

BigKAT
11-20-2016, 02:44 PM
Not the 73 Win team that just added the 2015 MVP?

BeastMode24
11-20-2016, 02:46 PM

no because the spurs and clippers are both stacked as well. clippers have 3 all nba players, one of the best shooters of all time, the 6th man of the year and loaded with solid role players. nobody in the east has anywhere close to the talent that the spurs or clippers have. both spurs and clippers would run a train on any non-Cavs east team. would go 5 games max.

AirBonner
11-20-2016, 02:54 PM
no because the spurs and clippers are both stacked as well. clippers have 3 all nba players, one of the best shooters of all time, the 6th man of the year and loaded with solid role players. nobody in the east has anywhere close to the talent that the spurs or clippers have. both spurs and clippers would run a train on any non-Cavs east team. would go 5 games max.
The warriors have 5 allstars/ franchise players. we can push this agenda anyway you want.

yeaaaman
11-20-2016, 03:11 PM
The warriors have 5 allstars/ franchise players. we can push this agenda anyway you want.

5 franchise players?

I might be missing something - Durant Curry Thompson Green....??

I guess if you're counting all-stars I'm slow today I still don't know who the 5th is.

warriorfan
11-20-2016, 03:11 PM

Durant didn't join a 73 win team, Warriors lost key pieces, mainly their only rim protection in Andrew Bogut which has caused their defense to suffer greatly

Durant was the MVP in 2014 btw

BigRETARD :facepalm

livinglegend
11-20-2016, 03:17 PM
Durant didn't join a 73 win team, Warriors lost key pieces, mainly their only rim protection in Andrew Bogut which has caused their defense to suffer greatly

Yes he did join a 73 wins team. Warriors won 73 last season. That s a fact.

warriorfan
11-20-2016, 03:20 PM
Yes he did join a 73 wins team. Warriors won 73 last season. That s a fact.

So the Warriors would of won 73 wins without Andrew Bogut, Barnes, and Mo buckets?

Now besides a clueless foreigner we also have a full blown autist in the thread

Lord help us all

J Shuttlesworth
11-20-2016, 03:23 PM
So the Warriors would of won 73 wins without Andrew Bogut, Barnes, and Mo buckets?

Lord help us all
Replacing a 20 mpg center and a shooting cancer and Mo Speights w/ an MVP caliber player? Yeah i'd say he joined a 73 win team

livinglegend
11-20-2016, 03:26 PM

Lord help us all

They would win more than 73 without them.

J Shuttlesworth
11-20-2016, 03:29 PM
The Spurs have what.. 2 all stars? The Clippers also have 2. The Warriors have 4 of the starting all stars from last year. You can spin it any way you want, but anything less than a championship from the Warriors is an absolute failure.

kamil
11-20-2016, 03:33 PM

But but but... the East is a bloodbath!!! LOL

Dray n Klay
11-20-2016, 03:34 PM
But but but... I need rogaine!!! LOL

Its okay, kamil*

BigKAT
11-20-2016, 03:39 PM

Cavs lost Mo Williams. (Back PG.)
Their Curry Stopper (Delly.)
Their only rim Protection (Mozgov.)

:coleman:

warriorfan
11-20-2016, 03:45 PM

What the hell does that have to do with your original post? (which was one of the dumbest of all time) :lol

Young X
11-20-2016, 03:50 PM
no because the spurs and clippers are both stacked as well. clippers have 3 all nba players, one of the best shooters of all time, the 6th man of the year and loaded with solid role players. nobody in the east has anywhere close to the talent that the spurs or clippers have. both spurs and clippers would run a train on any non-Cavs east team. would go 5 games max.Please. Neither the Spurs or Clippers compare to the Warriors from a talent standpoint. There's zero excuse besides a major injury why this team shouldn't get to the finals and win.

Smoke117
11-20-2016, 03:58 PM
You gotta love how important all these role players became to curryfan AFTER the warriors lost in the finals. The whole regular season all he did was talk shit on anyone not curry and downplay their contributions.

AirBonner
11-20-2016, 04:03 PM
You gotta love how important all these role players became to curryfan AFTER the warriors lost in the finals. The whole regular season all he did was talk shit on anyone not curry and downplay their contributions.
savage :lol

warriorfan
11-20-2016, 04:04 PM

Who is better, ZaZa or Bogut?

Would the Warriors win 73 games in 2016 with Zaza in place of Bogut?

I rest my case

P.S. you are dumb as shit

kamil
11-20-2016, 04:08 PM
Its okay, kamil*

You triggered, bitch?

Smoke117
11-20-2016, 04:34 PM

I rest my case

You seem a bit upset, homeboy. Did one of your internet gf's dump you? That's okay you'll find another.

Bosnian Sajo
11-20-2016, 04:36 PM
No, it wouldn't be the biggest upset in nba history...that was established last year, when the 73 win team gave up a 3-1 lead in the finals.

aj1987
11-20-2016, 04:48 PM
:oldlol:

The ISH jizz rag keeps getting jizzed on.

MiseryCityTexas
11-20-2016, 04:51 PM
never has a team been a bigger lock of making the finals. rest of east is trash. whose going to even challenge them? lmao.

Atlanta Hawks got a legit shot. If Dwight could knock Lebron out of the play-offs with a roided up Rashard Lewis, garbage ass Hedo, and an even shittier Jameer Nelson, then Dwight and the Hawks have a legit shot at beating Lebron this post season with Milsap, Schroader, Hardaway Jr, and Bazemore.

MiseryCityTexas
11-20-2016, 04:52 PM

I rest my case

People forgot how nice Bogut was in his Bucks years. He did a lot more than just protect the paint back then.

TommyGriffin
11-20-2016, 04:53 PM

I rest my case

The Irrefutable One has returned! :bowdown:

MiseryCityTexas
11-20-2016, 04:55 PM
Please. Neither the Spurs or Clippers compare to the Warriors from a talent standpoint. There's zero excuse besides a major injury why this team shouldn't get to the finals and win.

Spurs can possibly still beat the Warriors in a play-off series if they constantly go inside to Leonard, Aldridge, and Gasol. Warriors are a great team, but they aren't unstoppable. As a matter of fact, I bet the NWO Heat from 2013 could probably beat this current Warriors team if they woulda all stayed together even without Chris Bosh.

MiseryCityTexas
11-20-2016, 04:57 PM
Dwight's having the best season of his career since his Orlando Magic years. I wouldn't count the Hawks out in the post season.

warriorfan
11-20-2016, 05:03 PM
People forgot how nice Bogut was in his Bucks years. He did a lot more than just protect the paint back then.

Yes, Bogut has always been one of the most underrated players in the league. He used to be a respectable scorer alongside a fantastic passer before his arm got snapped in half when he got pushed by STAT. His arm never healed correctly and is still crooked to this day. He was never the same offensively after that injury.

RedBlackAttack
11-20-2016, 08:12 PM

Just for clarity, basically none of those guys even played in the 2016 Finals.

Delly averaged slightly over 6 minutes a game against the Warriors. In the last three games -- all of which were won by the Cavs sealing the greatest comeback in Finals history -- Delly played a combined 5:47. That included a DNP in the defining Game 7. I'm pretty sure he didn't alter the outcome in that series in any way.

Mo averaged under 5 minutes per game in the series as well. He was maybe slightly less useless than Delly.

Kyrie averaged 40+ minutes per game for the whole series and was basically never off the court in the last three games.

We do need a back-up PG though ... and I'm sure that will be addressed before the trade deadline. If nothing else, just so Kyrie and LeBron can get a break from the playmaking and running the offense from time to time.

FWIW, Mozgov was also 100% useless against the Warriors. He averaged 5 minutes a game for the series, most of which came in Game 2 (the one time the Cavs were really blown out in the series) and he was also a healthy DNP in Game 7.

Anything we get out of Dunleavy, Birdman or Felder against the Warriors would be an upgrade from those three.

BigKAT
11-20-2016, 08:35 PM
Just for clarity, basically none of those guys even played in the 2016 Finals.

Delly averaged slightly over 6 minutes a game against the Warriors. In the last three games -- all of which were won by the Cavs sealing the greatest comeback in Finals history -- Delly played a combined 5:47. That included a DNP in the defining Game 7. I'm pretty sure he didn't alter the outcome in that series in any way.

Mo averaged under 5 minutes per game in the series as well. He was maybe slightly less useless than Delly.

Kyrie averaged 40+ minutes per game for the whole series and was basically never off the court in the last three games.

We do need a back-up PG though ... and I'm sure that will be addressed before the trade deadline. If nothing else, just so Kyrie and LeBron can get a break from the playmaking and running the offense from time to time.

FWIW, Mozgov was also 100% useless against the Warriors. He averaged 5 minutes a game for the series, most of which came in Game 2 (the one time the Cavs were really blown out in the series) and he was also a healthy DNP in Game 7.

Anything we get out of Dunleavy, Birdman or Felder against the Warriors would be an upgrade from those three.

I was not a hundred percent serious about that, my friend.
Was just trying to make a point about Warriorfan mourning the loss of the 'Starting SF' when they just got Kevin Durant.

RedBlackAttack
11-20-2016, 08:51 PM
I was not a hundred percent serious about that, my friend.
Was just trying to make a point about Warriorfan mourning the loss of the 'Starting SF' when they just got Kevin Durant.
Yeah, I got you.

There is a reason Vegas made them a 1-3 favorite to win the championship when the Durant signing was announced. Anything other than a title will be an embarrassment beyond belief. They have four All-NBA players from last year in their starting lineup and the best 6th Man in the league coming off the bench. They have two guys on their team that makeup the last three league MVP winners.

If any team even pushes them, it will be big news. You don't get to win 73 games, add the second best player in the NBA in the offseason while maintaining your core and not have basically the highest expectations in league history.

BigKAT
11-20-2016, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I got you.

There is a reason Vegas made them a 1-3 favorite to win the championship when the Durant signing was announced. Anything other than a title will be an embarrassment beyond belief. They have four All-NBA players from last year in their starting lineup and the best 6th Man in the league coming off the bench. They have two guys on their team that makeup the last three league MVP winners.

If any team even pushes them, it will be big news. You don't get to win 73 games, add the second best player in the NBA in the offseason while maintaining your core and not have basically the highest expectations in league history.

Exactly.
In fact, let's look at the numbers.

They lost:
11.7 Points/4.7 Rebounds/1.8 Assists - Harrison Barnes
5.7 Points/7 rebounds/20.8 Minutes - Andrew Bogut

And added:
8.6 Points/9.4 Rebounds - Zaza Pachulia
28.2 Points/8.2 Rebounds/5 Assists - Kevin Durant

Basically added 19.4 PPG/5.9 Rebounds/MVP Caliber player and they are supposed to somehow be worse?

Yes it's not all about stats. Yes, Rim protection is very important. But come on.

I hate how the Warriofans on this forum want to eat the cake and leave it whole. You don't get to pull off the greatest heist in free agency history and then act like the expectations aren't fair.

bobopenguin
11-20-2016, 09:53 PM

pls tell us how much has this rim protection played.

warriorfan
11-20-2016, 10:00 PM
Exactly.
In fact, let's look at the numbers.

They lost:
11.7 Points/4.7 Rebounds/1.8 Assists - Harrison Barnes
5.7 Points/7 rebounds/20.8 Minutes - Andrew Bogut

And added:
8.6 Points/9.4 Rebounds - Zaza Pachulia
28.2 Points/8.2 Rebounds/5 Assists - Kevin Durant

Basically added 19.4 PPG/5.9 Rebounds/MVP Caliber player and they are supposed to somehow be worse?

Yes it's not all about stats. Yes, Rim protection is very important. But come on.

I hate how the Warriofans on this forum want to eat the cake and leave it whole. You don't get to pull off the greatest heist in free agency history and then act like the expectations aren't fair.

BigSHAT with another one

Trying to portray Zaza being better than Andrew Bogut through raw box scores...

You do not know ball

BigKAT
11-20-2016, 10:34 PM
BigSHAT with another one

Trying to portray Zaza being better than Andrew Bogut through raw box scores...

You do not know ball

Aren't you the guy constantly posting PER charts as a way to show Bosh and Wade were better then Kobe/Paul/Dwight/Duncan in the 2010 season?

Lebronxrings
11-20-2016, 11:00 PM
warriors have 4 all stars. If they don't win it all.. it would be an epic choke.

warriorfan
11-20-2016, 11:11 PM
Aren't you the guy constantly posting PER charts as a way to show Bosh and Wade were better then Kobe/Paul/Dwight/Duncan in the 2010 season?

Bosh and Wade are a lot more comparable to Kobe/Dwight/Duncan than Zaza is to Bogut

You are either a dumbshit or a troll, pick one, actually I'm going with both

BigKAT
11-20-2016, 11:13 PM
Bosh and Wade are a lot more comparable to Kobe/Dwight/Duncan than Zaza is to Bogut

You are either a dumbshit or a troll, pick one, actually I'm going with both

There's a bunch of good games going on right now.
One of your 'Teams' is playing, you should go enjoy the games.

Smoke117
11-20-2016, 11:17 PM
There's a bunch of good games going on right now.
One of your 'Teams' is playing, you should go enjoy the games.

Why are you trying to have a legitimate basketball discussion with that mongrel, curryfan?

BigKAT
11-20-2016, 11:21 PM
Why are you trying to have a legitimate basketball discussion with that mongrel, curryfan?

Not sure.
Anyhow, rooting for the Bulls with you. (Standings in the West and all that.)

tpols
11-20-2016, 11:36 PM
Bigkat that's a very naive way of looking at things..

If you want to compare the teams just look at their respective ORTG and DRTGs.

34-24 Footwork
11-21-2016, 02:07 AM
Lol. Another cakewalk to the finals.

Hawks, Bobcats, Pacers, Raptors.....

Look at dem threats...

Seriously....the Bucks are the only legit team that could be a darkhorse in the East. Hopefully the Pacers.

Every other team in the East is ass juice.

MiseryCityTexas
11-21-2016, 04:09 AM
That three superstar Houston Rockets team of the mid 90s was one of the biggest superstar chokers in NBA history. Teanna Trump should've sponsered that Rockets team. Yeah they were all past their primes, but everyone still expected them to meet Jordan's Bulls in the finals regardless and they lost to the Jazz in the play-offs twice.:facepalm

AintNoSunshine
11-21-2016, 10:16 AM
:facepalm Not even close. Warriors not sweeping their way to the championship would be the biggest upset, BY FAR.

73 win team added another league MVP from 2 years ago. For fks sake man.

egokiller
11-21-2016, 11:25 AM
Cavs: No excuse if they don't make the finals. They have 3 franchise players and JR smith. No one else in the east has anything close to that.

GSW: Even more stacked than the Cavs. KD, Curry, Iggy, Klay, Green.... if they don't make the finals then it's either the biggest choke in the history of the game, or another team balled out of their mind and becomes the most impressive team in the history of the game.

Either way, if Cavs and GSW don't both make the finals, it's an upset and those are the facts.

Sarcastic
11-21-2016, 11:33 AM
This is basically Lakers vs Celtics pt 2. Both teams have no excuse to not meet each other in the Finals. At that point, it's a pick em, considering they are 1-1 vs each other.

egokiller
11-21-2016, 11:40 AM
This is basically Lakers vs Celtics pt 2. Both teams have no excuse to not meet each other in the Finals. At that point, it's a pick em, considering they are 1-1 vs each other.

No, it's not a pic em. It's Lebron's chance to show that he can lead a team to beat a team with 5 all-stars and a chance for him to surpass KAJ. So many greats would salivate at such an opportunity as the one Lebron is getting.

Their previous matchups were all bullshit with multiple players injured on both sides unlike 2014 and earlier finals matchups between teams where a majority of the players on both sides were healthy.

hold this L
11-21-2016, 11:54 AM
No, it's not a pic em. It's Lebron's chance to show that he can lead a team to beat a team with 5 all-stars and a chance for him to surpass KAJ. So many greats would salivate at such an opportunity as the one Lebron is getting.

Their previous matchups were all bullshit with multiple players injured on both sides unlike 2014 and earlier finals matchups between teams where a majority of the players on both sides were healthy.
Not sure if the Warriors will even have 4 all stars this year to be honest, let alone 5. Iggy hasn't been all star level for some time, especially this season. But I agree with your assessment, I really do hope there's a rematch with healthy teams. Not much to ask for if Warriors go past the Clipps/Spurs.

Sarcastic
11-21-2016, 12:13 PM

So you think the Cavs are favored? I think the Warriors would be favored this year, depending on health and home court.