PDA

View Full Version : The NBA 2k Cover-Curse.

BigKAT
11-22-2016, 05:03 PM
Call it superstition, call it coincidence...

I think not.
Not a serious thread about anything but I thought this might be fun discussing.

Here's a few things to note.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/NBA_2K13_Box_art.jpg

The 2k13. The one that started it all.
Here we have 3 stars on the rise. D-Rose. Blake Griffin, And Kevin Durant.
Let's see what happened to all of their seasons, shall we?

Rose- After suffering a freak injury, this was thought to be his year. Didn't play a single game.

Blake Griffin - Went up 2-0 vs the Grizzlies. Follow that up by 4 straight losses. 1st Round exit.

Kevin Durant - His teammate and Co-star Westbrook got injured in the 1st round. He got outed by the Grizz in the next round. Talk about a lost season.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMHyYKnCQAAQ3aj.jpg
After back-to-back Titles Lebron finally gets his cover.
Rumors are that Riley already trademarked the word 3-peat. Things look good.
Then what happens? 2014 Finals. Most devestating loss in the history of the Finals. (Largest margin of defeat.) Absolutly dismantled, with Wade pulling a disappearing act and everything else pretty much imploding.

http://i2.cdnds.net/14/29/618x550/gaming_nba2k15.jpg
Durant gets injured, misses 50 plus games, and the Thunder missed the playoffs. So much for an anchor for an MVP season, huh?

http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/2015/06/04/nba2k16-cover.JPG

Darlings of the league!
Champ Steph,
MVP Runner up Harden,
First time Playoff competitor AD.

Here's what happens:
Curry - Suffers perhaps the most devestating finals defeat emotionally in the history of the sport. Up 3-1 with a 73 win team, one win away from immortality, some consider this the greatest choke job in the NBA. Others cite Injuries and misfortune as the reasons he lost. Either way, sucks.

Harden- Team implodes. Wobble to 40 wins or so, first round exit after a promising WCF appearence.

Anthony Davis - Starts the season 1-13, misses the playoffs, loses out on 24 million dollars in his contract due to not making the playoffs/mvp/all-nba team.

Convinced yet?

This year it's this guy.
http://nba2k17news.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/NBA-2k17-Cover.jpg

Inb4Pacers miss the playoffs?

CuhGetsBucks
11-22-2016, 05:08 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
This shit had me weak, good thread but how did you come up with this?

BigKAT
11-22-2016, 05:10 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
This shit had me weak, good thread but how did you come up with this?

Night shift at work.
Working at hotel's reception.

I got time man.

Spurs m8
11-22-2016, 05:48 PM
hahah f*cking true, BigKat.

2k can stay away from Kiwi

Orlando Magic
11-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Night shift at work.

I got time man.

You literally picked every single negative you could, in which there was no common theme with said negatives.

It would be one thing if every single guy went down with a season ending injury... but this is just reaching and molding facts to support nothing other than your narrative, positives be damned. I'm not going to pick it apart... someone else can.

10/10 effort though

CuhGetsBucks
11-22-2016, 06:11 PM
You literally picked every single negative you could, in which there was no common theme with said negatives.

It would be one thing if every single guy went down with a season ending injury... but this is just reaching and molding facts to support nothing other than your narrative, positives be damned. I'm not going to pick it apart... someone else can.

10/10 effort though
A) The same thing is done with the Madden Curse or any curse to be exact. (See: OKC hotel curse)

B) Get that stick out of your ass it's not that serious.

Orlando Magic
11-22-2016, 06:20 PM
A) The same thing is done with the Madden Curse or any curse to be exact. (See: OKC hotel curse)

B) Get that stick out of your ass it's not that serious.

As soon as you take the dick out of your mouth... can do!

CuhGetsBucks
11-22-2016, 06:28 PM
As soon as you take the dick out of your mouth... can do!
Meltdown :oldlol: :roll:

Cuz bouda go cry himself to sleep because someone aint agree with his post I'm weak

Orlando Magic
11-22-2016, 06:55 PM
Meltdown :oldlol: :roll:

Cuz bouda go cry himself to sleep because someone aint agree with his post I'm weak

I melted down, I cried AND I got arrested for battery after your post. I punched a cop. Luckily I know another cop so they let me go, but.. your post had me really, really upset. I'm crying again. Please stop.

CuhGetsBucks
11-22-2016, 06:58 PM
I melted down, I cried AND I got arrested for battery after your post. I punched a cop. Luckily I know another cop so they let me go, but.. your post had me really, really upset. I'm crying again. Please stop.

You are a gigantic fa ggot.
Shiiiiiiiit I believe it

You're still melting down gayboy :roll:

egokiller
11-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Night shift at work.

I got time man.

Better be Marriott. I'm platinum medialion status with them nikkas.

pedromarinho
11-22-2016, 07:32 PM
scary though

but why the **** would you choose George for an 2k cover? Even Nick Young or Mcgee would be better.

egokiller
11-22-2016, 07:48 PM
scary though

but why the **** would you choose George for an 2k cover? Even Nick Young or Mcgee would be better.

Better question is why would someone buy any 2k regardless of who's on the cover when they don't let you carry the my team player cards over from the previous game. Sheep just throw their money away. If everyone just said "fvck you, not buying unless shit transfers over" 2k would have no choice but you have too many dumbasses in the world. :roll:

MiseryCityTexas
11-22-2016, 07:49 PM
Harden's team imploding had more to do with Adidas and Kardashian more than 2k.

MiseryCityTexas
11-22-2016, 07:49 PM
scary though

**** outta here:coleman: :facepalm

miggyme1
11-22-2016, 07:50 PM
aint no curse. smh...nice reach though

feyki
11-22-2016, 08:58 PM
:oldlol: Nice catch :D .

I was thinking about mvp's for the George pre-season . But it seems , he won't make even an all nba . Maybe just poor start :confusedshrug: .

BigKAT
11-23-2016, 01:59 AM
:oldlol: Nice catch :D .

I was thinking about mvp's for the George pre-season . But it seems , he won't make even an all nba . Maybe just poor start :confusedshrug: .

nah man

It's the curse.
Watch him not get an All-NBA selection, miss the playoffs and marry a Kardashian. (Are there any left? Which one is most likely to divorce?)

imdaman99
11-23-2016, 02:05 AM
Can't wait for the KAT cover 2k18 :cheers:

BigKAT
11-23-2016, 02:08 AM
Can't wait for the KAT cover 2k18 :cheers:

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/no.gif

:roll:

You got me there.

Wally450
11-23-2016, 12:29 PM
Shit, I found some custom covers on Reddit and printed out an Isaiah Thomas one and put it in my case. Better take it out before he gets hurt or the Celtics only win like 40 games. :lol