PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting the draft, Porzingis #1 overall?

Knicksfever2010
11-23-2016, 12:02 AM
His leap from his rookie year to his 2nd year is astounding. He is starting to make MVP moves and you can count on him to put up 25 points/10 rebounds a game.

SpaceJam
11-23-2016, 12:04 AM
Can count on him to put up 25/10

Averaging 20/7

:biggums:

Still though, Knicks are his team now

Prime_Shaq
11-23-2016, 12:05 AM
His leap from his rookie year to his 2nd year is astounding. He is starting to make MVP moves and you can count on him to put up 25 points/10 rebounds a game.
KAT would still go #1

FreezingTsmoove
11-23-2016, 12:05 AM
Im picking him over Kat every day of the week

Porzee took over the 4th today, KAT has no clutch gene

KungFuJoe
11-23-2016, 12:08 AM
Porzingis is better than KAT. higher ceiling and arguably better now.

Porzingis has the "it" factor. You can see it. He's one of those guys that can't really be guarded. You just hope he has an off night.

His shot is so freakin smooth for a guy his size.

And did you see that dunk on Plumlee? He drove to his left and dunked with his left jumping off his right foot.

He's 7 foot 3!

That's just not fair.

Gatorade Sax
11-23-2016, 12:31 AM
Porzingis is better than KAT. higher ceiling and arguably better now.

Porzingis has the "it" factor. You can see it. He's one of those guys that can't really be guarded. You just hope he has an off night.

His shot is so freakin smooth for a guy his size.

And did you see that dunk on Plumlee? He drove to his left and dunked with his left jumping off his right foot.

He's 7 foot 3!

That's just not fair.

Is that not the natural play for a leftie,to jump off the right foot and finish with the left hand?

Knicksfever2010
11-23-2016, 12:32 AM
Is that not the natural play for a leftie,to jump off the right foot and finish with the left hand?

Porzingis is right handed

pedromarinho
11-23-2016, 12:33 AM
KAT > Porzingis

I think it's not even close.

Gatorade Sax
11-23-2016, 12:37 AM

Good call. Not sure why I thought he was left handed.

FKAri
11-23-2016, 12:40 AM
Porzingis seems to have taken a bigger leap this year than KAT. But I still think KAT is better. KAT has that big man strength down low to bang. Something that Porzingis has improved in the off season but he still can't bang with some 5s and can't chase some 4s. This becomes a problem defensively. He's still a good rim protector and help defender tho.

Knicksfever2010
11-23-2016, 12:43 AM
Porzingis seems to have taken a bigger leap this year than KAT. But I still think KAT is better. KAT has that big man strength down low to bang. Something that Porzingis has improved in the off season but he still can't bang with some 5s and can't chase some 4s. This becomes a problem defensively. He's still a good rim protector and help defender tho.

If you're starting a team tomorrow, who are you taking #1? In the NBA its alot harder to find someone like Porzingis than KAT.

KungFuJoe
11-23-2016, 01:02 AM
KAT is good and he will be great.

Porzingis is special.

Smoke117
11-23-2016, 01:10 AM
I'd take Porzingis over KAT.

BigKAT
11-23-2016, 01:56 AM
Porizingis is great.
Definetly goes 1 or 2 in the draft.

Still going with KAT though its close.

imdaman99
11-23-2016, 01:57 AM
Him and KAT are neck and neck, can't really go wrong with either. I feel like KAT is more of a sure thing but KP has a higher ceiling

livingby3's
11-23-2016, 02:00 AM
This draft class is something special

Sarcastic
11-23-2016, 02:01 AM
KAT is still better as of now, but Porzingis still has a higher ceiling. Once he gets his man strength, he's gonna be unguardable with that jumper. He just needs to rebound better. It's his only weakness that I can see.

Gougou
11-23-2016, 02:08 AM
Very hard to say, give it 3 more year later then we can truly decide who did better.

Right now I think its still Kat the choice.

oarabbus
11-23-2016, 04:17 AM
I thought KAT lead the pack by a good margin. But now I'm starting to reconsider. Porzingis might be even better than KAT, wow.

Phenith
11-23-2016, 08:06 AM
Both very similar players, even their stat lines mimic each other... the one edge I can give is that KAT is a better rebounder. Porzingis is actually a pretty poor rebounder for a 7 foot 3 center. I'd probably go KAT, but really, you can't go wrong with either one of these guys, they are both well on their way to being superstars in their 2nd year.

Milbuck
11-23-2016, 08:30 AM
Offensively KAT and Porzingis will likely have similar ceilings, but the thing that has me leaning towards Porzingis long-term is the defensive upside. Both can improve their defensive understanding/IQ. But KAT will never be 7'3" with a 7'6" wingspan. Porzingis' tools are on a different level, it just gives him a way higher ceiling defensively. We're already seeing some of that impact since he got to the league. As he gets stronger and moves to the 5 full time, it won't even be a discussion on that end. He legitimately has Gobert-like upside defensively...while also having Dirk-like potential offensively. It's crazy.

mentallooser
11-23-2016, 09:01 AM
I think that if you have a choice between KAT or Porzingis, that you won't wake up a few years from now and regret your decision no matter which way you go. NBA really needed some new big men with skill and they got them.

r0drig0lac
11-23-2016, 09:45 AM
Porz >> Kat

alenleomessi
11-23-2016, 10:20 AM
Offensively KAT and Porzingis will likely have similar ceilings, but the thing that has me leaning towards Porzingis long-term is the defensive upside. Both can improve their defensive understanding/IQ. But KAT will never be 7'3" with a 7'6" wingspan. Porzingis' tools are on a different level, it just gives him a way higher ceiling defensively. We're already seeing some of that impact since he got to the league. As he gets stronger and moves to the 5 full time, it won't even be a discussion on that end. He legitimately has Gobert-like upside defensively...while also having Dirk-like potential offensively. It's crazy.
So what if he is 7 foot something when he cant rebound for shit

imdaman99
11-23-2016, 10:48 AM
He will get better at it. He had Robin Lopez last year and Noah this year to do most of the rebounding, not to mention Melo being pretty good at it as well. I have great faith in KP's development in every aspect of the game :pimp:

Sarcastic
11-23-2016, 10:49 AM

His rebounding isn't awful. The main reason that he is only averaging 7 this year is that he is constantly playing out of position due to Melo's laziness, where KP is forced to guard the perimeter. If he were allowed to guard the paint his blocks and rebounding would be higher.

TemporaMutantur
11-23-2016, 10:57 AM

:pimp:

HurricaneKid
11-23-2016, 11:08 AM
KAT > Porzingis

I think it's not even close.

Its not.

Ben Simons
11-23-2016, 11:47 AM
KAT is still #1, but that is no knock on Porzingis.

ball247
11-23-2016, 06:21 PM
It's pretty close but Id take KAT too. Porzingis has a great offensive skillset at his size but has disappointed on defense.

I think KAT can reach Anthony Davis level someday.

Cold soul
11-23-2016, 06:32 PM
KAT for now but few years down the road give me Porzingis for the future I think his upside is tad bit higher.

smoovegittar
11-23-2016, 06:55 PM
You can build a franchise around either player. KP has progressed better than I had hoped; he indeed has the "it" factor. KAT is having a speedier learning process as he is the go to guy. But as Melo is phased out from being the #1 option, we will continue to see KP grow. One thing's for certain: both players are fun to watch and great for the league.

BigKAT
11-23-2016, 07:09 PM
You can build a franchise around either player. KP has progressed better than I had hoped; he indeed has the "it" factor. KAT is having a speedier learning process as he is the go to guy. But as Melo is phased out from being the #1 option, we will continue to see KP grow. One thing's for certain: both players are fun to watch and great for the league.

:cheers:

MrFonzworth
11-23-2016, 07:10 PM
Trade the pick for Embiid.