PDA

View Full Version : Ingram will max out at...

PeroAntic
11-24-2016, 09:00 AM
14/5/4

just my two cents. He won't be a superstar, or even an allstar, but he can be a solid rotation piece. We all knew he doesnt have the strength yet, but what I didn't expect was him to have such poor quickness and vertical. He is a good defender, has good playmaking skills (passing and handling) and a 'feel' for the game, so he can be a useful player. Just not what the expectations are.

BigKAT
11-24-2016, 09:10 AM
Well.

There's more to the game then Stats.
Let's look at two guys with 'Similar' statlines.

Nicholas Batum- averaged 14/5/6 last year.
There's no denying how great of an effect he had on a hornets team that just missed the playoffs. He's the ultimate glue guy. Merely him being on the floor makes everything run smoother offensivly. To me he's the most underrated of the old Portland starting five, but there's a reason this guy got a max deal.
He's just the kind of guy you need to win. He doesn't need to lead your team in scoring to be an All-star caliber guy. Even if he won't get the nod.

MKG - Averaging 8/8 this year. Not on great shooting percentage either. But his impact defensivly is amazing. And tbh? Eye-test wise sometimes he feels like the best guy on the floor. I mean, you -know- Kemba and Batum are more important and better, but just looking at him play you sometime think to yourself 'Wow, if this guy took 20 shots a game..''

Finally, let's look at a negative version. Evan Turner averaged 10/4/4 and yet whenever he was on the floor, Or is on the floor right now I feel that the lead is insecure. His plus minus is the worst in the league as of right now, despite coming off the bench for limited minutes. You'd expect a starter on the sixers/suns to have a worse plus minus, not a bench guy from a 500. team.

Either way,
Not all stats were born equal.

Ingram at 14/5/4 could be this amazing defensive force, clutch 3pt shooter who just gets you W's and improve your team in 6-10 wins, or he could be a guy who get those stats out of sheer necessity (someone has to score these points).

I am leaning towards the first option.
I like what I saw from him. I'm not sure if he's got elite scoring in him, he might. But I need to see more of him for that. So far? Great player, and while you might be right about him not being an All-star, I'm absolutly sure of one thing.

He's going to be a winner.

PeroAntic
11-24-2016, 09:13 AM
I agree that he looks like a winner. But I'm talking individual level. Nothing wrong if he gives Batum's output and does all that, but Batum was 25th pick not the 2nd. Ingram was projected to be a perennial allstar and I doubt he will achieve that.

BigKAT
11-24-2016, 09:20 AM
I agree that he looks like a winner. But I'm talking individual level. Nothing wrong if he gives Batum's output and does all that, but Batum was 25th pick not the 2nd. Ingram was projected to be a perennial allstar and I doubt he will achieve that.

Well, if we look at the last few 2nd picks,

2. D'angelo Russell
2. Jabari Parker
2. Victor Oladipo
2. MKG
2. Derrick Williams
2. Evan turner..

You catchin' my drift yet? :oldlol:

(Other notable mentions: Sam Bowie, Drako Milicic', Michael Beasly)

Yeah I know there's also Durant and the likes.
I'm just thinking the 2nd pick isn't a sure thing nowdays.

fourkicks44
11-24-2016, 09:21 AM
I actually really like Ingram.

The fact is he was drafted when he was not NBA ready. His body, his game. Shit he is younger than all the others coming out one year of college.

I think what he will become is a mystery atm. He could be anything,

Time will tell.

PeroAntic
11-24-2016, 09:28 AM
Well, if we look at the last few 2nd picks,

2. D'angelo Russell
2. Jabari Parker
2. Victor Oladipo
2. MKG
2. Derrick Williams
2. Evan turner..

You catchin' my drift yet? :oldlol:

(Other notable mentions: Sam Bowie, Drako Milicic', Michael Beasly)

Yeah I know there's also Durant and the likes.
I'm just thinking the 2nd pick isn't a sure thing nowdays.
I think Jabari and Dangelo will be superstars, but I do see your point. Still, Ingram was apparently the next Durant not the next Evan Turner...

PeroAntic
11-24-2016, 09:31 AM
I actually really like Ingram.

The fact is he was drafted when he was not NBA ready. His body, his game. Shit he is younger than all the others coming out one year of college.

I think what he will become is a mystery atm. He could be anything,

Time will tell.
Thats the thing. In terms of mentality, skill, understanding of the game, he looks like hes there already. But physically, hes too slow and not a good leaper. You'd expect it to be the other way around when youre 19. But he just doesn't seem to gave good athleticism beyond his length, and athletiism you cant teach.

BigKAT
11-24-2016, 09:38 AM
Thats the thing. In terms of mentality, skill, understanding of the game, he looks like hes there already. But physically, hes too slow and not a good leaper. You'd expect it to be the other way around when youre 19. But he just doesn't seem to gave good athleticism beyond his length, and athletiism you cant teach.

Well keep in mind AD averaged 13 points his rookie season on a bad team with starting minutes.

Ingram is coming off the bench of a solid (So far) lakers squad.
He'd probably average more points if he was a starter for the suns/sixers.

fourkicks44
11-24-2016, 09:47 AM

Yeah, I do know where you coming from.

Been tuning into the Lake show specifically to see him tbh. I deffs get your point, though.

He might go out hard in summer, work on everything and comeback a new player.

I know the warning signs are up already but don't judge the young brother yet.

Prime example why the NCAA gotta change. I know I'm a lil old school but realistically the kid should be challenging for the National Championship for Duke this year. They gotta throw some sort of incentive at the kids to stay. It will be better for everyone involved.

Real talk.

ball247
11-24-2016, 11:48 AM
Prime rashard lewis

pedromarinho
11-24-2016, 12:09 PM
I started to watch him more closely.

And I really liked it. Very smart player and interesting build/frame for scoring and spacing and also defending.

antonAC
11-24-2016, 12:44 PM
it's worth remembering that his intangibles were the reason his draft stock soared so high. He was seen as someone that had a great work ethic, an ability to impose himself on the game and a leader's mentality.

none of those things have had time to tell, though his defense surprising a lot of people certainly shows his effort. I agree he doesn't look like any sort of regular all-star candidate but he's someone that could keep improving for the next 5-6 seasons until he's all-star level, even then he'd only be 25.

warriorfan
11-24-2016, 01:33 PM
He''s still too young to say at this point

BigKAT
11-24-2016, 01:38 PM
He''s still too young to say at this point
Yup.
Played 10 games in his career.

Lebronxrings
11-24-2016, 02:47 PM
tayshaun prince with worse defense.

Nick Young
11-24-2016, 02:58 PM
21-7-5 50% shooting, 42% from 3 with solid above average defense.

Basically I see this guy as a mix of KD and Scottie Pippen

Wally450
11-24-2016, 03:00 PM
21-7-5 50% shooting, 42% from 3 with solid above average defense.

Basically I see this guy as a mix of KD and Scottie Pippen

That's very very very optimistic.

Nick Young
11-24-2016, 03:01 PM
it's worth remembering that his intangibles were the reason his draft stock soared so high. He was seen as someone that had a great work ethic, an ability to impose himself on the game and a leader's mentality.

none of those things have had time to tell, though his defense surprising a lot of people certainly shows his effort. I agree he doesn't look like any sort of regular all-star candidate but he's someone that could keep improving for the next 5-6 seasons until he's all-star level, even then he'd only be 25.
Remember how young this guy is. He's still a teenager and one of the youngest players in the NBA. He should be a sophomore in college right now but he's getting regular rotation minutes in the NBA and trusted to close out games.

Vancouver-Grizz
11-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Its all about opportunities. They are bringing him on slowly behind Deng right now. Once he get a bit more run and confidence, he will be Lakers first or second option at some point.

I was watching him launch 3pt shots at ease with a defender running him up and he did quite well.

With his wingspan and his mobility, I have no doubt this kid will be good very soon.

Nick Young
11-24-2016, 03:47 PM
Its all about opportunities. They are bringing him on slowly behind Deng right now. Once he get a bit more run and confidence, he will be Lakers first or second option at some point.

I was watching him launch 3pt shots at ease with a defender running him up and he did quite well.

With his wingspan and his mobility, I have no doubt this kid will be good very soon.
Yes, in a few years he'll mature and physically get stronger too. He is a knockdown shooter and I trust he'll figure out how to get his shot to fall the same way it did in college in due time. Once his jumper becomes consistent in games, he's going to be dangerous.

The best thing about this kid is he seems to have the obsessive Kawhi/Kobe gym rat work ethic. He's also a rookie but he already is a solid above average NBA defender-that aspect of his game is also only going to improve once he gets stronger and gains more experience.

PeroAntic
11-24-2016, 06:44 PM
He will get stronger. But I dont see him becoming faster or jumping higher than he already is at 19. Thats the problem. I hope he does though.

AussieSteve
11-24-2016, 07:06 PM
I just wanted to say that BigKAT is a good poster.

In regards to this thread, I think its much too soon to project how good Ingram might be. He's just too young and raw. Don't forget that Kobe only averaged 7ppg in his rookie year (I know he was only 18 but you get my point). Also Ingram has skills. Only 8 months ago there were more than a couple of 'experts' who suggested he might even be a better prospect than Simmons.

If I had to speculate, I'd say Ingram will definitely be an all star in a few years... but what do I know?

AirTupac
11-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Ingram is very likely to be an allstar caliber level player. Lets be honest. His college coach has RAVED about him and his IQ and skill level. He started hella slow in college at the beginning. He is playing great D and he is doing more and more each game, becoming more aggressive and doing new moves. Dude JUST turned 19. These bozos dont know shit :lol

Nastradamus
11-24-2016, 10:33 PM
Well.

There's more to the game then Stats.
Let's look at two guys with 'Similar' statlines.

Nicholas Batum- averaged 14/5/6 last year.
There's no denying how great of an effect he had on a hornets team that just missed the playoffs. He's the ultimate glue guy. Merely him being on the floor makes everything run smoother offensivly. To me he's the most underrated of the old Portland starting five, but there's a reason this guy got a max deal.
He's just the kind of guy you need to win. He doesn't need to lead your team in scoring to be an All-star caliber guy. Even if he won't get the nod.

MKG - Averaging 8/8 this year. Not on great shooting percentage either. But his impact defensivly is amazing. And tbh? Eye-test wise sometimes he feels like the best guy on the floor. I mean, you -know- Kemba and Batum are more important and better, but just looking at him play you sometime think to yourself 'Wow, if this guy took 20 shots a game..''

Finally, let's look at a negative version. Evan Turner averaged 10/4/4 and yet whenever he was on the floor, Or is on the floor right now I feel that the lead is insecure. His plus minus is the worst in the league as of right now, despite coming off the bench for limited minutes. You'd expect a starter on the sixers/suns to have a worse plus minus, not a bench guy from a 500. team.

Either way,
Not all stats were born equal.

Ingram at 14/5/4 could be this amazing defensive force, clutch 3pt shooter who just gets you W's and improve your team in 6-10 wins, or he could be a guy who get those stats out of sheer necessity (someone has to score these points).

I am leaning towards the first option.
I like what I saw from him. I'm not sure if he's got elite scoring in him, he might. But I need to see more of him for that. So far? Great player, and while you might be right about him not being an All-star, I'm absolutly sure of one thing.

He's going to be a winner.

I think Ingram and MKG are both very good players, and Ingram can be too. Some people were talking like he was a slightly lesser Kevin Durant though. That's crap.

ImKobe
11-25-2016, 11:08 AM
14/5/4

just my two cents. He won't be a superstar, or even an allstar, but he can be a solid rotation piece. We all knew he doesnt have the strength yet, but what I didn't expect was him to have such poor quickness and vertical. He is a good defender, has good playmaking skills (passing and handling) and a 'feel' for the game, so he can be a useful player. Just not what the expectations are.

You REALLY haven't watched him play, if you did you'd know he can get up and he can move really well with the ball for his size, the other night against the Spurs he jumped over two bigs to grab the defensive rebound, swear his head must have been near rim level on that play.

I think Ingram and MKG are both very good players, and Ingram can be too. Some people were talking like he was a slightly lesser Kevin Durant though. That's crap.

Kevin Durant was pretty inconsistent as a rookie early into his career as well, difference is he played on a trash lottery team so he had free reign to make any kind of mistake and play ISO ball all game if he wanted to, Ingram plays in a different system where he learns to share the ball and play off his teammates, he's a good shooter and has great physical tools but he will take some time to develop an NBA body and to get used to the speed.

listen to what guys like coach K and KD himself have said about this guy, he is special.

BigKAT
11-25-2016, 11:36 AM
I just wanted to say that BigKAT is a good poster.

In regards to this thread, I think its much too soon to project how good Ingram might be. He's just too young and raw. Don't forget that Kobe only averaged 7ppg in his rookie year (I know he was only 18 but you get my point). Also Ingram has skills. Only 8 months ago there were more than a couple of 'experts' who suggested he might even be a better prospect than Simmons.

If I had to speculate, I'd say Ingram will definitely be an all star in a few years... but what do I know?

:cheers: Thanks man lol.
But you're making us look like alts saying stuff like that
Appreciated though :rockon:

PeroAntic
11-25-2016, 11:43 AM
You REALLY haven't watched him play, if you did you'd know he can get up and he can move really well with the ball for his size, the other night against the Spurs he jumped over two bigs to grab the defensive rebound, swear his head must have been near rim level on that play.
IDK maybe its his jumper where he doesn't get off too much from the ground, he needs to fix that because defenders contest his shots too easily from what I can see.

Anyway I see this as a smaller problem than quickness. At least hes long and he can spot up apparently. but he doesn't have an explosive first step. thats a major issue.

PeroAntic
11-25-2016, 11:44 AM
:cheers: Thanks man lol.
But you're making us look like alts saying stuff like that
Appreciated though :rockon:
were not fooled dude:D

BigKAT
11-25-2016, 12:00 PM
were not fooled dude:D
:roll: :roll:
I knew it was coming

tamaraw08
11-25-2016, 12:11 PM
14/5/4

I disagree. The guy is not a Tracie Murray or just any other spot up shooter, I at times see him take that quick first step and drive. Take the case of the recent game vs OKC. He just doesn't lurk in the perimter and spot up, the last play, he drove, read the defense then react. I know this video is college, but poor quickness? really? fast forward to minute 1:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4nmP_ckatQ
But yes, as for now, he is not shooting very well except the last 2-3 games but I think he will improve, the strength part, I just could not see him stay so thin like this. Overtime, they build those muscles...

TiagoSimoes
11-25-2016, 12:32 PM
Kevin Durant was pretty inconsistent as a rookie early into his career as well, difference is he played on a trash lottery team so he had free reign to make any kind of mistake and play ISO ball all game if he wanted to, Ingram plays in a different system where he learns to share the ball and play off his teammates, he's a good shooter and has great physical tools but he will take some time to develop an NBA body and to get used to the speed.

listen to what guys like coach K and KD himself have said about this guy, he is special.

KD's first 3 years:

20/2/4 on 43/29/87
25/3/7 on 48/42/86
30/8/3 on 48/37/90

In his third year, he led OKC to the playoffs(50 wins), won his first scoring title and was second in the mvp voting in front of Kobe,Wade, Dirk, Howard and Melo. Oh he was only 21 years old.

Do you see Ingram having an impact and performance remotely close to that? Because from what we have seen, he will fall short of KD, which is pretty expected. Its pretty clear he is way worse than KD way and doesnt have the same potencial. KD is an all time great thought, so nothing to be embarassed.

I do thing Ingram has great potencial and he is really really young, so its hard to predict his path. Giannis was his age when he came and look at him now. I think he will become an all star eventually, but i dont see him as a superstar(top 10 or so player)

PeroAntic
11-25-2016, 12:33 PM
I disagree. The guy is not a Tracie Murray or just any other spot up shooter, I at times see him take that quick first step and drive. Take the case of the recent game vs OKC. He just doesn't lurk in the perimter and spot up, the last play, he drove, read the defense then react. I know this video is college, but poor quickness? really? fast forward to minute 1:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4nmP_ckatQ
Enough said. I've seen him try that time and time again so far in the NBA, and defenders always stay ahead of him.

Dont get me wrong, I really hope he proves me wrong. Im just skeptical

ralph_i_el
11-25-2016, 01:10 PM
He's going to be a stud. Nobody that long, with that good a J, is going to be anything other than extremely valuable.

BigKAT
11-25-2016, 01:18 PM
He's going to be a stud. Nobody that long, with that good a J, is going to be anything other than extremely valuable.

Okay, I'm sorry.
I know this comparison is shitty.
But I couldn't resist it.

Andrea Barginani

tamaraw08
11-25-2016, 06:20 PM
Enough said. I've seen him try that time and time again so far in the NBA, and defenders always stay ahead of him.

Dont get me wrong, I really hope he proves me wrong. Im just skeptical

Come on man, whether the video was from college or pros, you can easily use your eye test to see that he doesn't have "POOR QUICKNESS".
Boris Diaw is slow, Kyle Anderson is slow etc, I am not saying Brandon has the lightning quickness of Iverson or Westbrook but the guy is not slow, infact you can check this link about how they track their speed.
http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/speed/
According to this, Ingram actually has better speed on offense 4.73mph than Iggi, Wiggins,Beal etc. If you think this is flawed, you'll see centers like Bogut and Al Jefferson at below 4mph while Steph Curry has 5.17.
You want more facts,http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1627742/tracking/shots/
Well, Ingram have taken his most shots when he dribbles atleast 3-6 times at 19.2%, if the guy is that slow, how on earth can he even take those shots not unless you are implying that he backs down his defender like Charles Barkley:rolleyes:

ralph_i_el
11-25-2016, 06:37 PM
Okay, I'm sorry.
I know this comparison is shitty.
But I couldn't resist it.

Andrea Barginani

:roll: fair post though.

He's already probably a much better defender than Bargs though, which was his biggest knock

MJ(Mean John)
11-25-2016, 07:02 PM
ITS SOOO FUNNY to me, that people always shoot at the hip, see a few games, look at a few box scores, and boom. they have a conclusion.

And Im not saying this JUST as a laker fan, but becauase Ingram was who I wanted even before I knew who lakers were going the draft.

He got billed as the next KD, but, while he does have some KD in him, the guy has a lot of a Pippen/KL in him. He's going to control the game is many more ways than scoring. While I do not think he's ever going to be the pure scorer that Durant is, Hes going to be a much better defender an all around better player.

Same stuff people were saying about Russell last year. Some guy was saying something about him having heavy feet. lol. AND I was saying the same things about Russ that IM SAYING ABOUT BI.

I wanted lakers to draft him over anyone 2 yrs ago. Just wait. this kid is going to blow up.

Same thing ppl were saying about Randle. and I WAS SAYING the same things about Randle. Dont believe me? LOOK IT UP. Mean John defends Randle, Russell, Ingram.

Look it up, I wanted each and everyone of these kids before I even knew which pick lakers would get in the lottery.

veilside23
11-25-2016, 07:17 PM
He needs to mature and gain muscle in my eyes russell is not the star of this team after 2 or 3 years it could very well be ingram. Guy has good basketball IQ and is not really forcing his shot guys of that mold can be good enough in this league like Kawhi and Paul George prior to injury.

plowking
11-25-2016, 07:36 PM
I thought he wouldn't be very good from the get go, and that has been the case so far. I agree with your assessment. He'll be a regular, run of the mill guy in the league. I didn't really see all the potential to lead him to go number 2 in the draft, and some people talking about as if he was clear cut number 1 and ahead of Simmons.
He doesn't really have much feel for the game unlike Simmons, plus he isn't anywhere near the athlete. The KD comparisons were terrible too. No where near the shooter, athlete, nor is his game anywhere near as smooth.

brownmamba00
11-25-2016, 07:45 PM
Ingram just had his season high 16 pts in his FIRST start of the year vs the Warriors. He's barely 19 and already our best defender on the wings. Already outplaying the 70 mill Luol Deng after 15 games in.

Some of y'all need to stop talking bball. It's embarrassing really.

brownmamba00
11-25-2016, 07:53 PM
KD's first 3 years:

20/2/4 on 43/29/87
25/3/7 on 48/42/86
30/8/3 on 48/37/90

In his third year, he led OKC to the playoffs(50 wins), won his first scoring title and was second in the mvp voting in front of Kobe,Wade, Dirk, Howard and Melo. Oh he was only 21 years old.

Do you see Ingram having an impact and performance remotely close to that? Because from what we have seen, he will fall short of KD, which is pretty expected. Its pretty clear he is way worse than KD way and doesnt have the same potencial. KD is an all time great thought, so nothing to be embarassed.

I do thing Ingram has great potencial and he is really really young, so its hard to predict his path. Giannis was his age when he came and look at him now. I think he will become an all star eventually, but i dont see him as a superstar(top 10 or so player)
KD struggled with his 3 pt shot in his rookie year. Had to learn when to attack the close out and when to let it fly. Completely ditched the 3 point game middle of his rookie year. Got pushed out the lane and bullied in the post. Ingram is having the same issues but his defense is what really sets him apart IMO.

His triple threat game will never be like Durant's but him already effecting the game in other ways is encouraging asf. Kid is a gym rat too.

PeroAntic
11-25-2016, 09:41 PM
Come on man, whether the video was from college or pros, you can easily use your eye test to see that he doesn't have "POOR QUICKNESS".
Boris Diaw is slow, Kyle Anderson is slow etc, I am not saying Brandon has the lightning quickness of Iverson or Westbrook but the guy is not slow, infact you can check this link about how they track their speed.
http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/player/speed/
According to this, Ingram actually has better speed on offense 4.73mph than Iggi, Wiggins,Beal etc. If you think this is flawed, you'll see centers like Bogut and Al Jefferson at below 4mph while Steph Curry has 5.17.
You want more facts,http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1627742/tracking/shots/
Well, Ingram have taken his most shots when he dribbles atleast 3-6 times at 19.2%, if the guy is that slow, how on earth can he even take those shots not unless you are implying that he backs down his defender like Charles Barkley:rolleyes:
But is that average speed not first step. Im talking about first step

PeroAntic
11-25-2016, 09:42 PM
ITS SOOO FUNNY to me, that people always shoot at the hip, see a few games, look at a few box scores, and boom. they have a conclusion.

And Im not saying this JUST as a laker fan, but becauase Ingram was who I wanted even before I knew who lakers were going the draft.

He got billed as the next KD, but, while he does have some KD in him, the guy has a lot of a Pippen/KL in him. He's going to control the game is many more ways than scoring. While I do not think he's ever going to be the pure scorer that Durant is, Hes going to be a much better defender an all around better player.

Same stuff people were saying about Russell last year. Some guy was saying something about him having heavy feet. lol. AND I was saying the same things about Russ that IM SAYING ABOUT BI.

I wanted lakers to draft him over anyone 2 yrs ago. Just wait. this kid is going to blow up.

Same thing ppl were saying about Randle. and I WAS SAYING the same things about Randle. Dont believe me? LOOK IT UP. Mean John defends Randle, Russell, Ingram.

Look it up, I wanted each and everyone of these kids before I even knew which pick lakers would get in the lottery.
Randle is shit bro:rolleyes:

ImKobe
11-25-2016, 10:21 PM
KD's first 3 years:

20/2/4 on 43/29/87
25/3/7 on 48/42/86
30/8/3 on 48/37/90

KD had a pretty inefficient rookie season all things considered, a ton of bad games inbetween those nights he went off, Ingram has had the chance to only play 1 game as a starter..his role is going to increase as the season goes on and you will see more of his game.

KD himself said that Ingram was further along as a player than he was at that age, from everything we've heard and seen he definitely has superstar potential but it will take time. He just turned 19.

Smook A.
11-25-2016, 10:26 PM
Wayyyy too early to judge. Kid just barely turned 19

tamaraw08
11-26-2016, 11:48 AM
But is that average speed not first step. Im talking about first step

But you didn't answer my question. :mad:
Ingram takes 19.2%(his highest) of his total shots when he dribbles between 3-6 times, if he is that slow and can't lose his defender, how is that possible?
Please don't tell me he is backing down his defender like Charles Barkley bec even my dog knows it's not the case.

PeroAntic
11-26-2016, 12:00 PM
But you didn't answer my question. :mad:
Ingram takes 19.2%(his highest) of his total shots when he dribbles between 3-6 times, if he is that slow and can't lose his defender, how is that possible?
Please don't tell me he is backing down his defender like Charles Barkley bec even my dog knows it's not the case.
No wonder his fg% is so low then...

kshutts1
11-26-2016, 12:22 PM
First, I really like how Walton and the Laker's organization/staff are handling Ingram. They're not throwing him to the wolves, so to speak, as most teams do with the second overall pick. They're allowing him to develop and build up his confidence. I like that.

Second, I was watching a Lakers game earlier in the year for the sole purpose of seeing Ingram. I have not seen him much beyond this game, so maybe I was just lucky to see one of his better games, but I really liked how intelligent he played the game. He didn't force his shot or the issue on offense, and there was one time in particular when the game clock was running out, the Lakers had the lead but barely, and Ingram was on a quasi-break... and instead of going straight for the hoop, he pulled the ball out and slowed it down, used up more of the clock, and set up the offense.

I do not remember if they got a good shot or not, but that's not really the point. The point is that for a 19 yo rookie, that was a really unexpected and heads-up play. I feel like most rookies, particularly when drafted high with a lot of expectations, would force the issue much more often, much less when the game is on the line and the ball is in their hands.

Great IQ
Great composure
Good enough shot where he needs to be accounted for
Tries hard on defense

And only 19 yo. I won't say he'll definitely be an allstar, or make an all nba team, etc. But I think he'll certainly be the type of player that every team would love to have.

tamaraw08
11-26-2016, 04:29 PM
No wonder his fg% is so low then...

It has NOTHING to do about your point of him being SLOW!:rolleyes:
http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1627742/stats/shooting/
btw, he is shooting 51.5% under 5 ft distance which is his HIGHEST AMOUNT TAKEN, 33 shots out of his total 117 attempts.:pimp:
The reason why his OVERALL FG% is down is that,he has taken 30 attempts from 20-24 ft where he is just hitting 30%.
So, incase you are missing my point, most of his shots are taken within 5 feet, he is not 7-1, 330 lb player like Shaq, he doesn't have great low post behind the basket move like Barley or Adrian Dantley where they back down their defender, so logic tells me, he is getting in the paint with some kind of quickness,

PeroAntic
11-26-2016, 04:34 PM
It does because they contest him easily bro. come on, you can see it, he takes a lot of wild shots

tamaraw08
11-26-2016, 04:47 PM
It does because they contest him easily bro. come on, you can see it, he takes a lot of wild shots

Did you read the part when I told your the FACT that he is hitting 51% of his shots inside 5 feet and in that distance, he has taken most of his shots there?

The irony about all this is, I actually agree MOST of your point. The guy will be a key player only not a big time scorer:cheers:
I just REALLY DISAGREE about your point that he has "poor quickness".
I see him producing like 18-20 pts, 7 rebs, 6-7 assists with good defense. I'll be happy if he can defend like Tayshaun Prince and I strongly believe he is quicker than him.
He'll gain weight and eventually get stronger. Surely there are other skinny rookies before which later on developed their muscles.

Smoke117
11-26-2016, 05:35 PM
KD had a pretty inefficient rookie season all things considered, a ton of bad games inbetween those nights he went off, Ingram has had the chance to only play 1 game as a starter..his role is going to increase as the season goes on and you will see more of his game.

KD himself said that Ingram was further along as a player than he was at that age, from everything we've heard and seen he definitely has superstar potential but it will take time. He just turned 19.

Kevin Durant was much better at the same age.

MrFonzworth
11-26-2016, 05:46 PM
12/5/2, solid role player.

Unreal234
11-26-2016, 05:57 PM
Hey look, it's another one of those "this guy is a bust at 19 years of age" threads.