PDA

View Full Version : It's been pretty trendy to say Porzingis is the best player on the Knicks lately

konex
11-25-2016, 10:17 PM
But watching a game like tonight where Melo is totally bailing the team out, I'm not sure why so many are jumping the gun. Melo is clearly the best player and Rose is still the #2 IMO.

qrich
11-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Porzingis about to get a Livingston-esque injury

Wally450
11-25-2016, 10:50 PM
Porzingis was open on the baseline at the end of regulation and Melo just ignored him and put up a contested jumper.

AngelEyes
11-25-2016, 10:53 PM
It's not because it's the trendy thing to do. . . porzingis has been playing like the best player on the team. Just because Melo has one game where he clearly outplays Porzingis doesn't mean he's had a better year. Rose is also clearly not the second option. Porzingis is a better scorer at this stage.

konex
11-25-2016, 10:56 PM
Porzingis was open on the baseline at the end of regulation and Melo just ignored him and put up a contested jumper.

He was looking down

AngelEyes
11-25-2016, 10:56 PM
Rose is also an exceptionally selfish player at this point in his career. It's amazing how little he plays like a point guard.

Rocketswin2013
11-25-2016, 10:59 PM
Rose is not good.

konex
11-25-2016, 10:59 PM
It's not because it's the trendy thing to do. . . porzingis has been playing like the best player on the team. Just because Melo has one game where he clearly outplays Porzingis doesn't mean he's had a better year. Rose is also clearly not the second option. Porzingis is a better scorer at this stage.

We aren't even a month in. He's had a hot start but I've seen nothing that tells me he's on Melo or even Rose's level

AngelEyes
11-25-2016, 11:00 PM
We aren't even a month in. He's had a hot start but I've seen nothing that tells me he's on Melo or even Rose's level

He's above Rose. Better. What the **** has Rose done of note lately? Stop acting like it's 2011.

konex
11-25-2016, 11:02 PM
The attention on the other 2 is a big part of why he's producing so well. He is a very good player but we have to chill

AngelEyes
11-25-2016, 11:03 PM
Rose is a negative on defense, he's still a poor shooter at this stage of his career and he's a selfish player who plays nothing like a point guard. He's a decent undersized two guard. . . that's what he is at this point.

AngelEyes
11-25-2016, 11:04 PM
The attention on the other 2 is a big part of why he's producing so well. He is a very good player but we have to chill

Not really. Often times he plays better when they're off the floor. Neither one really looks for him on offense. They're both so narrow minded on offense.

AngelEyes
11-25-2016, 11:05 PM

We don't have to chill. It's not a controversial statement saying he's a more impactful player than an undersized 2 guard whose been plagued by injuries and whose best days are far behind him.

knickballer
11-25-2016, 11:06 PM
Melo has been great today and playing better as of late but Porzingis has been constantly good this year. Just because Melo played great today doesn't mean he's had a bigger impact than the God Emperor.

Jesus ****ing christ thank you allah that we finally have a young superstar.

Sarcastic
11-25-2016, 11:07 PM

I hope you get gang raped by a chain gang.

tpols
11-25-2016, 11:08 PM
so you just tune into one game and thats enough for an assessment on the whole season .. ?

Melo is ass for like every 2/3 games.. you just saw the exception.

Lebron23
11-25-2016, 11:09 PM
Melo has been great today and playing better as of late but Porzingis has been constantly good this year. Just because Melo played great today doesn't mean he's had a bigger impact than the God Emperor.

Jesus ****ing christ thank you allah that we finally have a young superstar.

That was a solid draft pick.

konex
11-25-2016, 11:11 PM
so you just tune into one game and thats enough for an assessment on the whole season .. ?

Melo is ass for like every 2/3 games.. you just saw the exception.

I've actually watched most of their games cos I have Melo and Rose on my fantasy team. KP is nice but 1 hot month doesn't make him better than Melo or Rose

knickballer
11-25-2016, 11:20 PM
I've actually watched most of their games cos I have Melo and Rose on my fantasy team. KP is nice but 1 hot month doesn't make him better than Melo or Rose

lol I can get the argument with Melo. But saying Rose is better? Just because Rose was the MVP in 2011 doesn't mean he's better or more important than KP.

KP and Melo are quite the tandem. Now the other players are starting to step up. Rose is a formidable third option who is great an penetrating and the bench isn't too bad.

AngelEyes
11-25-2016, 11:23 PM
lol I can get the argument with Melo. But saying Rose is better? Just because Rose was the MVP in 2011 doesn't mean he's better or more important than KP.

KP and Melo are quite the tandem. Now the other players are starting to step up. Rose is a formidable third option who is great an penetrating and the bench isn't too bad.

This. Make no mistake about it Carmelo and Porzingis are the two top players on this team. If D-Rose keeps stepping up his game then that will mean great things for this Knicks. But I cannot picture him being a more important player to the knicks this season than Porzingis.

FKAri
11-25-2016, 11:45 PM
But watching a game like tonight where Melo is totally bailing the team out, I'm not sure why so many are jumping the gun. Melo is clearly the best player and Rose is still the #2 IMO.
This was Melo's best game of the season and Porzingis' 2nd worst game. That's why.

It's not about who is better. I think the offense should run through KP. He can get them easy buckets if the PGs get him involved. The team needs to do more "work" to run it through KP but it gets them easier shots. Melo can get the same shots anytime because he is so good at iso but they aren't high % ones. So Melo should be their bailout guy. Melo shouldn't be geting heavy usage as he can't give you that at this age night in and night out but he should be their closer.

EDIT - wtf Rose?

KP >>>>> Rose.

Lebronxrings
11-25-2016, 11:46 PM
melo has like 4x the possessions porzingis has.

Heavincent
11-26-2016, 12:10 AM
Because he clearly is.

Nick Young
11-26-2016, 12:30 AM
Melo is #1

ISH needs to stop hating on this baller

Porzinger is a nobody without Melo.

L8krH8tr
11-26-2016, 12:37 AM
Noah is the bust on the team

imdaman99
11-26-2016, 12:52 AM
:wtf: What the hell is wrong with you? :biggums:

Doranku
11-26-2016, 01:22 AM
:wtf: What the hell is wrong with you? :biggums:

Pretty sure his post was just a joke stemming from the konex curse, but once konex acknowledged his powers, the curse was broken.

So don't worry, Porzingod is safe. :cheers:

Pointguard
11-26-2016, 02:26 AM
Not really. Often times he plays better when they're off the floor. Neither one really looks for him on offense. They're both so narrow minded on offense.
If he's playing when they are on the bench he's scoring on the second unit. You're a bit of a knucklehead with a hater hard'on for Rose.

AngelEyes
11-26-2016, 03:13 AM
And you're a bit of a ****. I'm sorry that reasonable criticisms of Rose's game are interpreted as "hating" by dolts like you.

Pointguard
11-26-2016, 03:40 AM
He's above Rose. Better. What the **** has Rose done of note lately? Stop acting like it's 2011.

Rose is a negative on defense, he's still a poor shooter at this stage of his career and he's a selfish player who plays nothing like a point guard. He's a decent undersized two guard. . . that's what he is at this point.

This. Make no mistake about it Carmelo and Porzingis are the two top players on this team. If D-Rose keeps stepping up his game then that will mean great things for this Knicks. But I cannot picture him being a more important player to the knicks this season than Porzingis.
:lol Sure, you're no hater. You're just here because your meds are short.

And you're a bit of a ****. I'm sorry that reasonable criticisms of Rose's game are interpreted as "hating" by dolts like you.
:lol And this is just from this one, two page thread. After Rose improved dramatically and they have won five of the last six. Are you mad because you didn't do this six games ago?

AngelEyes
11-26-2016, 03:48 AM
:lol Sure, you're no hater. You're just here because your meds are short.

:lol And this is just from this one, two page thread. After Rose improved dramatically and they have won five of the last six. Are you mad because you didn't do this six games ago?

You're getting excited about a six game sample size. . . that's perfectly logical and not irrational at all.All I've been saying is that the guy has done very little the last few years and at this stage of his career he's a limited player. I don't believe a sample size like this should alter the way a lot of people view him these days. . .which is as a good role player.

Pointguard
11-26-2016, 04:52 AM
You're getting excited about a six game sample size. . . that's perfectly logical and not irrational at all.All I've been saying is that the guy has done very little the last few years and at this stage of his career he's a limited player. I don't believe a sample size like this should alter the way a lot of people view him these days. . .which is as a good role player.
Cool then I can see why you say that. But perhaps you were one of those guys that said Butler and Gasol were better than Rose two years ago during the regular season??? Then the playoffs came and those two, left Rose to win a majority of the playoff games? And they knew Rose couldn't play two games in four days. The both of them together weren't as effective as Rose in the playoffs.

Rose still can't get his favorite shot to fall (floater), his long range isn't there, he has just begun to do his crossover about five games ago. He has also began to do his hard dribble which allows him to drive harder. But even with that he's had an edge on Kyrie and Westbrook the last two years. Played Paul and Curry pretty much even despite not getting the picks that they get. So he does show signs. And we're seeing things we didn't see from him in years, just recently.

nathanjizzle
11-26-2016, 07:07 AM
imagine this team without rose. when the knicks are above .600 people will still be saying rose is a negative net impact and that hes just a good role player. :lol

Human Error
11-26-2016, 08:17 AM
Where were you when Porzingins was dropping 35 points in 21 shots?
Porzingis is emerging as the best Knick, and considering his age and upside, he is definitely by far the most valuable Knick as well.
Rose being better than Porzingis? Get the fcuk out already.

Real14
11-26-2016, 09:29 AM
Melo is the best player still but so far Porzingis is about to take that number 1 spot. As long as the knicks win I will remain happy. Lets PHUCKIN' go knicks!:applause: :cheers: :pimp:

Haymaker
11-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Porzingis is the future of the franchise. Some Melo stans can't cope with that it seems. :confusedshrug:

PeroAntic
11-26-2016, 06:41 PM
Interesting, DRose fg percentage finishing around the rim (59%) is the second best of his career right after his MVP season (61%). Hes back, hes just deferring to Melo & Zingis

swagga
11-26-2016, 06:43 PM
melo is obviously #1
kp is #2
and rose is a close #3

ALBballer
11-26-2016, 09:41 PM
Its debatable but Porzingis is one of the best overall bigs so far in this season. We all knew he could shoot and block shots but his post game has improved as well and he's a great off the ball. He's even playing a bit out of position since he should be a 5.

Offensively Carmelo is better since he is better at creating his shot but defensively he is average at best.

Rose has been good but at times Jennings appears to be the better fit since he plays more like a traditional PG. knicks wouldn't lose much with Jennings starting instead of Rose but the same can't be said about KP.

konex
11-26-2016, 09:55 PM
KP is ballin' tonight for sure. His handles and 3pter are really something else for how tall he is

PeroAntic
11-26-2016, 09:55 PM
Its debatable but Porzingis is one of the best overall bigs so far in this season. We all knew he could shoot and block shots but his post game has improved as well and he's a great off the ball. He's even playing a bit out of position since he should be a 5.

Offensively Carmelo is better since he is better at creating his shot but defensively he is average at best.

Rose has been good but at times Jennings appears to be the better fit since he plays more like a traditional PG. knicks wouldn't lose much with Jennings starting instead of Rose but the same can't be said about KP.
Have to agree with this.

KungFuJoe
11-26-2016, 10:01 PM
Melo is better at creating his own shot but he's such a ball stopper. Ball never moves when it's in his hands. He'll kick it out when he's double teamed but that's it.

smoovegittar
11-26-2016, 11:56 PM
At this stage in his career, Melo has more average games than good games.

He still holds the damn ball too long.

Pointguard
11-27-2016, 02:49 PM

Good post. KP has been one of the best big men in the league as well as the most versatile. Its a league where you learn how to win and fit in so the argument for Carmello is still alive and well. KP is still a little green but he's getting there.