View Full Version : I've seen enough. Giannis > KAT

Suguru101
11-26-2016, 12:40 AM
I don't just mean right now, I also mean going forward:

-Can play all positions on the floor.

-Higher ceiling.

-Much better playmaker/passer.

-Better offensive potential.

-Only slightly lower defensive potential.

-Has the leader gene. KAT is a meme boy.

-Same age.

Nilocon165
11-26-2016, 12:44 AM
https://streamable.com/tn10

Milbuck
11-26-2016, 12:46 AM
:applause:

Agree with most, but the part about defense. Giannis is legitimately a high impact defender with elite upside already, KAT is actually a pretty crap defender.

MrFonzworth
11-26-2016, 12:47 AM
Giannis is the player, and will remain the better player through their careers.

Suguru101
11-26-2016, 12:55 AM
:applause:

Agree with most, but the part about defense. Giannis is legitimately a high impact defender with elite upside already, KAT is actually a pretty crap defender.

Agree about how they compare currently. I meant potential. I think KAT could be a pretty great defensive anchor, but I don't think Giannis is far behind in defensive ceiling.

ball247
11-26-2016, 01:30 AM
KATS impact has been pretty minimal, I just don't see a winner when I see him play. He'll put up points but I haven't seen evidence that he's super impactful yet.

Hope he's not another Kevin Love

Nick Young
11-26-2016, 01:34 AM
Giannis can't play center, he'd get bodied.

Smoke117
11-26-2016, 01:37 AM
Giannis is a much better defender than Towns is. KAT ceiling doesn't look high at all defensively considering he's made zero impact thus far in his career. Defense isn't something that is just built out of nowhere...you can usually tell if a guy wil bel a high impact defensive player or not early on. It doesn't look good for KAT considering he has no impact at all...if he had the promise of being an elite anchor than he would at least make some kind of impact right now. I'm not sure what you've watched right now that gives you this impression of KAT.

Prime_Shaq
11-26-2016, 01:38 AM
https://streamable.com/tn10
Okay, what the ****?

On topic though, I don't even think this is a knock on KAT. Giannis is special.

bobopenguin
11-26-2016, 01:41 AM
then pls dont mention KAT in the same sentence with anthony davis from now. it's settled.

Milbuck
11-26-2016, 05:46 AM
Giannis can't play center, he'd get bodied.
He's been slaughtering teams at center. It's actually been one of our most effective lineups, we only lose because we don't have enough talent around him aside from Jabari. But point center Giannis is by far our most dangerous weapon.

ShawkFactory
11-26-2016, 06:06 AM
I would take this post more seriously if you hadn't included better playmaker/passer. Yea...Giannis is an SF who plays PG a lot. KAT is a true 5. Even though he's shoots from deep a lot he's still blatantly a power forward/center. It's not his job to average 7 assists a game.

Not really a comparison to be had here

Marchesk
11-26-2016, 06:09 AM
Hope he's not another Demarcus Cousins

FTFY

Love has a championship now. Never lost a playoff series he played in.

KyrieTheFuture
11-26-2016, 08:30 AM
He's been slaughtering teams at center. It's actually been one of our most effective lineups, we only lose because we don't have enough talent around him aside from Jabari. But point center Giannis is by far our most dangerous weapon.
You would know more than me, I know he's excellent on the offensive end playing point center but can he really rim protect/defend low post?

If Giannis develops a smooth jumper like Kawhi I think he is the best player in the league in 2 years.

Spurs5Rings2014
11-26-2016, 06:47 PM
If Giannis develops a smooth jumper like Kawhi I think he is the best player in the league in 2 years.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Never going to happen.

Bookmarking this thread, too, while I'm at it. Prisoners of the moment you lot are.

:oldlol:

Smoke117
11-26-2016, 06:49 PM
You would know more than me, I know he's excellent on the offensive end playing point center but can he really rim protect/defend low post?

He will get better...but he's never going to be at that level.

MrFonzworth
11-26-2016, 07:14 PM
He will get better...but he's never going to be at that level.

Too early to tell.

Smoke117
11-26-2016, 07:17 PM
Too early to tell.

Not really. He's in his 4th season and still can't shoot for shit for the most part. If he was going to develop to Kawhi's level, he'd have made bigger strides by now.

MrFonzworth
11-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Not really. He's in his 4th season and still can't shoot for shit for the most part. If he was going to develop to Kawhi's level, he'd have made bigger strides by now.

Still too early. He's 4 years younger than Kawhi. A lot of development can be done in 4 years.

Suguru101
11-26-2016, 08:24 PM

21 years old.

Even Ason Kidd developed a jumper. Relax.

Nastradamus
11-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Giannis is a beast. I'd probably take Towns, but its close enough to discuss.

Nastradamus
11-26-2016, 08:28 PM
21 years old.

Even Ason Kidd developed a jumper. Relax.

This really isn't how it works and I suggest you google Kidd's career stats

MrFonzworth
11-26-2016, 08:32 PM
This really isn't how it works and I suggest you google Kidd's career stats

Scottie Pippen developed his shot in the middle of his career.

It's not unheard of for players to develop their shot after 25, or even 30. Writing him off at 21 is silly.

ShawkFactory
11-26-2016, 09:23 PM
Too early to tell.
Guys who are going to be true superstars..you know pretty much right away. Very rarely is there a BITW type player who took 5 years to get to that level.

Guys like Lebron and Kobe...obviously they weren't the best in the world in their first 5 years, but you could see it inevitably being there. You don't see that with giannis

MrFonzworth
11-26-2016, 09:57 PM
Guys who are going to be true superstars..you know pretty much right away. Very rarely is there a BITW type player who took 5 years to get to that level.

Guys like Lebron and Kobe...obviously they weren't the best in the world in their first 5 years, but you could see it inevitably being there. You don't see that with giannis

Not saying he's the next Lebron or Kobe. Next superstar? Certainly, if he can develop a jumpshot. What the hell are you trying to say? He can't develop a jumpshot because "you just dont see it"?

Suguru101
11-26-2016, 10:23 PM

Steph Curry.

Spurs5Rings2014
11-27-2016, 01:10 AM
Leonard is arguably the best all-around shooter in the NBA (3rd in 3-point last season, one of the best mid range, best FT shooter this season), but sure, Giannis is going to magically develop a shot as smooth as his. Give me a fukking break. And fyi, Pippen and Kidd are not comparable shooters to Leonard.

Dray n Klay
11-27-2016, 01:18 AM
Leonard is arguably the best all-around shooter in the NBA (3rd in 3-point last season, one of the best mid range, best FT shooter this season), but sure, Giannis is going to magically develop a shot as smooth as his. Give me a fukking break. And fyi, Pippen and Kidd are not comparable shooters to Leonard.

Leonard isnt even a Top 5 shooter at his own position, GTFO :oldlol:

Milbuck
11-27-2016, 01:18 AM
I think the important thing to take away here is that 21 year old Giannis > 21 year old Kawhi.

Paul George 24
11-27-2016, 02:08 AM
Scottie Pippen developed his shot in the middle of his career.

It's not unheard of for players to develop their shot after 25, or even 30. Writing him off at 21 is silly.
PIPPEN IS NOT A GERAT SHOOTER THROUGHTOUT HIS CAREER :D

Paul George 24
11-27-2016, 02:09 AM
I think the important thing to take away here is that 21 year old Giannis > 21 year old Kawhi.
FMVP,GIANNIS ONLY CAN DREAM :lol
GIANNIS WILL NEVER WIN IN THE EAST

ShawkFactory
11-27-2016, 04:45 AM
Not saying he's the next Lebron or Kobe. Next superstar? Certainly, if he can develop a jumpshot. What the hell are you trying to say? He can't develop a jumpshot because "you just dont see it"?
Because a vital aspect of the game isn't generally something that just gets developed in full force several years through someone's career.

And on the occasions where it does happen that someone develops something significant later in their career it's usually someone who showed otherworldly ability before that.

Giannis is a rare player. But he isn't all of a sudden going to be a consistently good scorer. At least in my opinion. I'd honestly love to be wrong about it.

MiseryCityTexas
11-28-2016, 06:01 AM
KATS impact has been pretty minimal, I just don't see a winner when I see him play. He'll put up points but I haven't seen evidence that he's super impactful yet.

Hope he's not another Kevin Love

It's easy as shit to judge a player that's only in his second season in the league SMFH.

UK2K
11-28-2016, 02:54 PM

Which is pretty good since he's played 60% of his time at the 2 and 39% of his time at the 3.

Per BR.

Pointguard
11-28-2016, 03:42 PM
Giannis has the "it" factor. He wants to be great and is ambitious, smart and versatile. He will be great even if his shot doesn't go great because his first step and handle are among the the best for a 6'10 guy ever. A prime Wade would still be among the best players in the game because of his first step and at 21 his shot sucked. Lebron is the best in the game and his long range isn't great. He was 1 shot away from going up 3 to 1 on a team of great shooters by himself in the finals two years ago. Westbrook didn't have a shot at 21 years of age either. They all have great first steps.

Giannis is a lot better than Kawhi at 21 years of age. Kawhi played in a very live system that helped him some. Giannis looks better despite being in an inferior system. Giannis knows how to make something out of nothing for others which is something that comes around 25 years of age - AD is still having trouble with this. Kawhi is in a system that does it for him. GSW and the Lakers have a similar system.

GOBB
11-29-2016, 12:23 AM
Which is pretty good since he's played 60% of his time at the 2 and 39% of his time at the 3.

Per BR.

Milbuck
11-29-2016, 12:29 AM

Per BR.
This is why it's important to actually watch the games and not go by blatantly stupid stats. LOL at thinking he's playing the 2. Giannis has been guarding centers and protecting the rim, I'm gonna go ahead and trust what I've seen in literally every game.

GOBB
11-29-2016, 12:33 AM
This is why it's important to actually watch the games and not go by blatantly wrong stats. The same stats and listings that still think Jabari is a PF despite him playing on the wing since mid last season. Giannis has been guarding centers and protecting the rim, I'm gonna go ahead and trust what I've seen in literally every game.

You are a homer and a Giannis fanboy. But I would take your opinion on it.

How is Jabari doing?

red1
11-29-2016, 12:38 AM
Milbuck I thought you were just being a homer everytime you made a thread about this kid but after watching him play over the last two years or so, it's become obvious to me. This kid has a limitless ceiling. I think he'll be perennial mvp candidate pretty soon. Just give him two years

Milbuck
11-29-2016, 12:40 AM
You are a homer and a Giannis fanboy. But I would take your opinion on it.

How is Jabari doing?
The stat straight up says he plays 60% of his time at the 2, that alone should point to how obviously stupid it is. It'd be like calling Saric a SG or Embiid a PF.

Jabari's a stud. Smooth 19-20ppg, improving defense, improved decision making/passing. Wish he was a bit more selfish more though, we don't get him the ball enough at all and he's too much of a team player to chuck his brains out like Wiggins. He could average 22-24ppg if he went for it.

ball247
11-29-2016, 01:03 AM
It's easy as shit to judge a player that's only in his second season in the league SMFH.

I didn't expect his team to be way better with him off the court considering the hype

soots
11-29-2016, 01:25 AM
Giannis is better version of Westbrook. And thats saying something.

yeaaaman
11-29-2016, 02:03 AM

But really, does he even need to develop a jump shot to become a superstar? I don't believe he does. Actually watch him play and some of the things he does on the court already, in two years even if he minimally improves his jump shot he'll still find a way to be close to unstoppable because of his athleticism and all around game. Remember Lebron couldn't shoot for the longest either.

Pointguard
11-29-2016, 12:37 PM
But really, does he even need to develop a jump shot to become a superstar? I don't believe he does. Actually watch him play and some of the things he does on the court already, in two years even if he minimally improves his jump shot he'll still find a way to be close to unstoppable because of his athleticism and all around game. Remember Lebron couldn't shoot for the longest either.j
Just read post #35 above.

What happened to Middleton???

noob cake
11-29-2016, 01:02 PM
Milbuck I thought you were just being a homer everytime you made a thread about this kid but after watching him play over the last two years or so, it's become obvious to me. This kid has a limitless ceiling. I think he'll be perennial mvp candidate pretty soon. Just give him two years

+1

Giannis is a superstar. The only young player I rather have over him is Davis.

Giannis > KAT/Irving/Embiid/D'Lo/Zingis/Irving/Drummond

noob cake
11-29-2016, 11:31 PM
Milbuck the prophet

Milbuck
11-29-2016, 11:35 PM
Milbuck the prophet
:cheers:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xswsFtGG8voIHS/giphy.gif

bobopenguin
11-29-2016, 11:52 PM
another super performance outshined by davis' monster game.

davis > Giannis > rest.